E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > CODERS E90 E91 E92 E93 in UK



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-24-2013, 05:57 AM   #309
Gazza0210
Private First Class
1

 
Drives: Bmw 320i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: London, England


Posts: 147
iTrader: (2)

Makkan00 I just wanted to ask about something.

Can you code a stereo to get a retrofitted USB to work. I need to check whether my professional head unit has the USB connector on the back, if so it would be a handy edition to the setup.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 12:25 PM   #310
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
116

 
makkan00's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 330D
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex


Posts: 7,409
iTrader: (48)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza0210
Makkan00 I just wanted to ask about something.

Can you code a stereo to get a retrofitted USB to work. I need to check whether my professional head unit has the USB connector on the back, if so it would be a handy edition to the setup.
If you have bluetooth in the headunit, then it may have USB port at the back.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 12:22 PM   #311
Heinzy
New Member
United Kingdom
0

 
Heinzy's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 330D
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Hertfordshire, UK


Posts: 27
iTrader: (0)

Hey guys, following on my my recent CCC retrofit,

It's all in and almost fully functioning!

A friend of mind coded the unit to get it working, NAV, Radio, CD

The only thing thats not working is my Aux point, doesn't highlight to select on the entertainment screen?

Also my trip computer doesn't register anything?

Any help East Herts / Essex way?

Many thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 04:21 AM   #312
rialnet
Enlisted Member
0

 
Drives: BMW E92
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Manchester


Posts: 42
iTrader: (1)

Hi, Im new to the forum and i've been looking at this coding thread with a lot of interest!

Can anybody reccomend a good coder in the North West?

thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 08:21 AM   #313
L.Tang
Private First Class
1

 
Drives: German
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Hampshire, England


Posts: 122
iTrader: (0)

Has any1 bought LCI rear lights on e92/3 and got them coded in Southampton area?? Or anywhere that will do it for a decent price, only place i found was mstyle.co.uk but they are charing nearly 700 which sounds quite a lot or is it a fair price??
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 09:42 AM   #314
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
116

 
makkan00's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 330D
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex


Posts: 7,409
iTrader: (48)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Tang
Has any1 bought LCI rear lights on e92/3 and got them coded in Southampton area?? Or anywhere that will do it for a decent price, only place i found was mstyle.co.uk but they are charing nearly 700 which sounds quite a lot or is it a fair price??
700 for coding or lights + coding?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 11:48 AM   #315
alzieboy
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
3

 
alzieboy's Avatar
 
Drives: E350 CDi Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Norfolk moved from East London


Posts: 343
iTrader: (1)

Thanks Makkan00

Just returned from a trip down to see Sam, he reinstated all the coding that he had previously done for me which had been erased by Dealership following the security software update.


THANKS SAM your a star
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 04:58 PM   #316
L.Tang
Private First Class
1

 
Drives: German
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Hampshire, England


Posts: 122
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
700 for coding or lights + coding?
plus coding. went to brystone today (southampton) and also Bartley BMW (Southampton) and must say Bartley seemed more helpful and is more willing to help, also Bartley's prices are much cheaper, 170 for a oil service from Brystone including micro filter and 135 from Bartley for the oil service including micro filter.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 07:49 PM   #317
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
116

 
makkan00's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 330D
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex


Posts: 7,409
iTrader: (48)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alzieboy View Post
Just returned from a trip down to see Sam, he reinstated all the coding that he had previously done for me which had been erased by Dealership following the security software update.


THANKS SAM your a star
Alan
Always pleasure to meet you mate and thanks for the feedback.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 07:51 PM   #318
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
116

 
makkan00's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 330D
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex


Posts: 7,409
iTrader: (48)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Tang View Post
plus coding. went to brystone today (southampton) and also Bartley BMW (Southampton) and must say Bartley seemed more helpful and is more willing to help, also Bartley's prices are much cheaper, 170 for a oil service from Brystone including micro filter and 135 from Bartley for the oil service including micro filter.
Some experience gurus on this forum have shopped E92 LCI rear lights from German ebay. If you search it extensively, you'll find it at reasonable price.
And then get it coded from the local autologic shop.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 11:42 AM   #319
L.Tang
Private First Class
1

 
Drives: German
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Hampshire, England


Posts: 122
iTrader: (0)

cheers makkan!! i have found the product on ebay and spoke to nick on this forum and he says he bought two sets and all work fine and are genuine, think that be my option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Some experience gurus on this forum have shopped E92 LCI rear lights from German ebay. If you search it extensively, you'll find it at reasonable price.
And then get it coded from the local autologic shop.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 04:55 AM   #320
Heinzy
New Member
United Kingdom
0

 
Heinzy's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 330D
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Hertfordshire, UK


Posts: 27
iTrader: (0)

Is what I'm asking for a big ask?

I can't seem to get any joy for this

It's really annoying because I hate radio!!!
I miss my ipod
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 05:36 AM   #321
seanblee
Captain
United Kingdom
8

 
seanblee's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i SE
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Enfield, UK


Posts: 753
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to seanblee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinzy View Post
Is what I'm asking for a big ask?

I can't seem to get any joy for this

It's really annoying because I hate radio!!!
I miss my ipod
Did you retrofit the aux input too or was it already there? In terms of coding, all it should have needed was the right changes to the vehicle order (probably adding SA609 and removing your old radio, whatever that was) then doing an 'expert mode' default write onto all of the CCC components, Kombi, FRM and TCU/MULF/whatever Bluetooth unit you have - there shouldn't be any need to do any manual tweaking with FSW/PSW files if you're adding something standard that was an orderable option on your car. Did your friend do all of this?
__________________
2007 E92 335i SE auto | Quaife LSD | Birds B3 ARBs | Evolve Stage 1 | Morel Hybrid 402 | Rainbow IL-W8F | JL 10W3v3 | RF 3sixty.3 | Alpine PDX-V9

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 06:15 AM   #322
Heinzy
New Member
United Kingdom
0

 
Heinzy's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 330D
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Hertfordshire, UK


Posts: 27
iTrader: (0)

It was already on there
The coding side of this is very alien to me so when I sent it over to him I just ask for him to get it up and running

Don't know how deep with the coding he went he did say there was a "compatibility error" flag up but wasn't sure what it was for, I'm assuming for the aux?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 06:27 AM   #323
seanblee
Captain
United Kingdom
8

 
seanblee's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i SE
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Enfield, UK


Posts: 753
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to seanblee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinzy View Post
It was already on there
The coding side of this is very alien to me so when I sent it over to him I just ask for him to get it up and running
'Coding' is just configuration. With retrofits that are straightforward options for the car they're being added to, there are two steps - updating the vehicle order then coding the car.

The vehicle order lists all of the options that are fitted to the car. If you already had the aux in then it'll already be in the VO, so it just needs to be updated to remove your old radio's ordering code and add the Pro Nav code ($609), then written back to the car's CAS and (N)FRM modules.

Once this is done, you need to reconfigure the modules already in the car so that they know what other options you have fitted and know what information to send where in what format.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinzy View Post
Don't know how deep with the coding he went he did say there was a "compatibility error" flag up but wasn't sure what it was for, I'm assuming for the aux?
Assuming he's done the first part and updated the vehicle order correctly, it sounds like he just hasn't reconfigured the CGATE ('gateway') part of CCC correctly, so this just needs recoding to defaults with NCS Expert in Expertenmodus (i.e. not FSW/PSW MAN). I'd be inclined to recode all of the CCC components to be on the safe side - they are CAUDI, CAPPL, CGATE, CHOST, CTUNE.
__________________
2007 E92 335i SE auto | Quaife LSD | Birds B3 ARBs | Evolve Stage 1 | Morel Hybrid 402 | Rainbow IL-W8F | JL 10W3v3 | RF 3sixty.3 | Alpine PDX-V9

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 06:29 AM   #324
seanblee
Captain
United Kingdom
8

 
seanblee's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i SE
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Enfield, UK


Posts: 753
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to seanblee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinzy View Post
Don't know how deep with the coding he went he did say there was a "compatibility error" flag up but wasn't sure what it was for, I'm assuming for the aux?
Actually, I guess there's another possibility. Do you know that the software version on the CCC matches the rest of the car? What year was your car built? What head unit was it fitted with previously?
__________________
2007 E92 335i SE auto | Quaife LSD | Birds B3 ARBs | Evolve Stage 1 | Morel Hybrid 402 | Rainbow IL-W8F | JL 10W3v3 | RF 3sixty.3 | Alpine PDX-V9

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 07:41 AM   #325
Heinzy
New Member
United Kingdom
0

 
Heinzy's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 330D
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Hertfordshire, UK


Posts: 27
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanblee View Post
Actually, I guess there's another possibility. Do you know that the software version on the CCC matches the rest of the car? What year was your car built? What head unit was it fitted with previously?
The build year is 02/2008, the same as the CCC unit, I wanted to try and keep it all the same time

And before I had the proffessional cd head unit

Is this something you could do then?

I know Enfield very well, lived there for 18 years!
I work in Waltham Abbey too so just up the road
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 12:28 PM   #326
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
116

 
makkan00's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 330D
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex


Posts: 7,409
iTrader: (48)

EDIT: didn't read Sean's post, so if anything is already answered, just ignore my message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinzy View Post
Hey guys, following on my my recent CCC retrofit,

It's all in and almost fully functioning!

A friend of mind coded the unit to get it working, NAV, Radio, CD

The only thing thats not working is my Aux point, doesn't highlight to select on the entertainment screen?
Just wondering why can't your friend help you to solve this.
Usually its is hard to trouble shoot the cars which are coded by somebody else. 9/10 times owners do not know and give wrong info to coders and anything can go wrong.

Check your Aux in cable if it is connected to the back of the HU and connected to the aux in connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinzy View Post
Also my trip computer doesn't register anything?

Any help East Herts / Essex way?

Many thanks
Not sure what you mans by this. Contact Alpina527 for further assistance re: CIC retrofit.

HTH.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 03:03 AM   #327
Heinzy
New Member
United Kingdom
0

 
Heinzy's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 330D
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Hertfordshire, UK


Posts: 27
iTrader: (0)

The only thing is he's a little out of the way and he's not mobile

Suppose it would be the best thing though, just have to book a day off work

Like I said this is all alien to me, didn't know if it was a straight forward "plug a computer in and activate it" or not

Thanks for the help and advice guys
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 04:26 PM   #328
iSwaggga
No.
United Kingdom
0

 
Drives: 320D M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: London


Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)

Hello all

Hello all, new member here.

Hello makkan00. Just got my 320D M Sport recently and everything is still pretty much basic and would like to get it coded to make it stand out more and feel a bit more special

How much would you charge to get these done;

-Increase brightness of DRLs and Keep them constantly bright (no dimming on parking lights / dipped headlights)

-Add Chirp sound on locking / unlocking

-Increase volume of your OEM security Alarm

-Add High beam flashing with your security alarm (park the car directing your windows of home and if alarm triggered, it will flash high beams to your windows)

-Add digital speed on speedometer

-Fog light on with welcome light

-Increase the tilt of passenger mirror when reversing

-Windows not interupted when doors are opened

- Add panic alarm on your remote

I live in london so i could come to you anytime thats not a problem

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 10:14 AM   #329
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
116

 
makkan00's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 330D
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex


Posts: 7,409
iTrader: (48)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSwaggga View Post

I live in london so i could come to you anytime thats not a problem

Thanks
Welcome to the forum. If you reply to few more post and increase your posting count, then I'll be able to send you a pm.
Cheers.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2013, 01:58 AM   #330
Heinzy
New Member
United Kingdom
0

 
Heinzy's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 330D
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Hertfordshire, UK


Posts: 27
iTrader: (0)

All sorted now, massive thanks to Sean!

Made it seem all too easy

Next time there's a meet, the milky bars are on me
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:30 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST