E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Anyone else bored at work?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-29-2013, 09:48 AM   #1871
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
MrRetep's Avatar
9
Rep
359
Posts

 
Drives: 435i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Irvine CA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
TGIF. Iím hoping to leave the office a bit early today to meet up with family, I havenít taken any unscheduled vacation this year and havenít left the office early either, so I think itís justified. And like 70% of the office isnít even in today. I had a dream last night that my car insurance was $900 per month, I just about pissed myself lol.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 10:07 AM   #1872
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
Colt's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,215
Posts

 
Drives: 08 135i 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
Always a classic tune to play on friday

My mechanic is alive, on vacation, gonna call me monday. Finally gonna get DPs and front lip installed
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate4641 View Post
looks like unicorn vomit.
For Sale: 08 135i SR 6MT, PTF Tuned
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 12:12 PM   #1873
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
MrRetep's Avatar
9
Rep
359
Posts

 
Drives: 435i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Irvine CA

iTrader: (3)

i hate when fridays go bad
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 02:39 PM   #1874
My335iTT
Moooore Power!
My335iTT's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
432
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 Space Grey 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Utah

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
i hate when fridays go bad
x2 The wife is being a bish so I guarantee I will be doing nothing tonight :-/
__________________
2007 335i E92 | Space Gray | Piano Black Grill | LED Angel Eye Upgrade | M3 Style Front Bumper | BMS Dual Cone Intake | JB4 G5ISO Board | More to Come! |
SeanE92 - SCAMMER
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 08:31 AM   #1875
135Pats
Turbo's Here
135Pats's Avatar
United_States
61
Rep
5,699
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angerman View Post
Always a classic tune to play on friday

My mechanic is alive, on vacation, gonna call me monday. Finally gonna get DPs and front lip installed
LMK how that lip does in MD, Iíve come damn close to pulling the trigger on a Kerscher lip several times, but DDíing in DCÖit just seems destined to get shattered within a few weeks.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Back to work!
__________________
E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Meisterschaft Race/Berk Resonated/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/FFTEC LPFP/HFS-4 DO Stainless Lines/BMS Thermostat Delete/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/BMS OCC/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 11:03 AM   #1876
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
Colt's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,215
Posts

 
Drives: 08 135i 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
LMK how that lip does in MD, I’ve come damn close to pulling the trigger on a Kerscher lip several times, but DD’ing in DC…it just seems destined to get shattered within a few weeks.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Back to work!
Yea the roads are horrendous in MD. I pretty much know where all the imperfections are by now around my area though; but still kind of worries me.

My car has started to puff smoke, a good amount of smoke, when in traffic in 1st gear at about less than 5mph traveling. I can see it out my back window
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate4641 View Post
looks like unicorn vomit.
For Sale: 08 135i SR 6MT, PTF Tuned
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 11:23 AM   #1877
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
BrokenVert's Avatar
United_States
148
Rep
10,077
Posts

 
Drives: Topless 135/Electric Boogaloo
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: FahrvergnŁgen/NY

iTrader: (0)

Its snowing in Syracuse right now....it was 55 yesterday.

Fuck this city.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #1878
135Pats
Turbo's Here
135Pats's Avatar
United_States
61
Rep
5,699
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angerman View Post
Yea the roads are horrendous in MD. I pretty much know where all the imperfections are by now around my area though; but still kind of worries me.

My car has started to puff smoke, a good amount of smoke, when in traffic in 1st gear at about less than 5mph traveling. I can see it out my back window
Do you still have primary cats in? Does the smoke have a distinct smell or color? You could/probably are burning oil like no oneís business. Any changes when the car is warm vs. cold? A lot of cars will smoke with the cats pulled obviously, but ďnormalĒ amounts of oil blowby on this motor shouldnít be producing smoke like that with the primary cats in place. You should really consider an OCC, upgraded PCV valve, and new oil filter housing gasket. Luckily, none of those parts are brutally expensive, and the PCV+OCC can be done on your own if you have some patience. The OFHG is close to free if you DIY, but that takes some time. Sorry your car is being an asshole dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
Its snowing in Syracuse right now....it was 55 yesterday.

Fuck this city.
Dude. That sucks
__________________
E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Meisterschaft Race/Berk Resonated/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/FFTEC LPFP/HFS-4 DO Stainless Lines/BMS Thermostat Delete/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/BMS OCC/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 12:15 PM   #1879
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
Colt's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,215
Posts

 
Drives: 08 135i 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
Do you still have primary cats in? Does the smoke have a distinct smell or color? You could/probably are burning oil like no oneís business. Any changes when the car is warm vs. cold? A lot of cars will smoke with the cats pulled obviously, but ďnormalĒ amounts of oil blowby on this motor shouldnít be producing smoke like that with the primary cats in place. You should really consider an OCC, upgraded PCV valve, and new oil filter housing gasket. Luckily, none of those parts are brutally expensive, and the PCV+OCC can be done on your own if you have some patience. The OFHG is close to free if you DIY, but that takes some time. Sorry your car is being an asshole dude
Yea stock downpipes are still on, N55 midpipes. I already have an OCC, might look into the oil filter though...and I don't smell the smoke, it seems to be white smoke. I seem to go through about a quart of oil a month
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate4641 View Post
looks like unicorn vomit.
For Sale: 08 135i SR 6MT, PTF Tuned
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 12:31 PM   #1880
135Pats
Turbo's Here
135Pats's Avatar
United_States
61
Rep
5,699
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angerman View Post
Yea stock downpipes are still on, N55 midpipes. I already have an OCC, might look into the oil filter though...and I don't smell the smoke, it seems to be white smoke. I seem to go through about a quart of oil a month
If it has a distinct sweetness to the smell and has a bleach white/blue-ish tinge, it could be coolant, which is an entirely different can of worms. My carís smoke is extremely temp. dependent, when it gets comfortably into the 50s it isnít anywhere near as apparent, Iím assuming that a good deal of what Iím seeing is condensation. So see how it looks when the temps get a bit higher, perhaps itís not as smoky as you think. I didnít see you already have an OCC, so yea OFHG is probably a good place to look next if problems persist. FWIW the RB PCV is cheap and takes little time to install, maybe youíd want to check into that before going the more involved route. The CV systems on the N54 blow by way more oil than they should, so that could be your problem. Iím still a bit confused as to how that is smoking through the primary cat though, generally speaking you really need to be burning hard or running very rich for smoke to come out of a catted car.
__________________
E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Meisterschaft Race/Berk Resonated/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/FFTEC LPFP/HFS-4 DO Stainless Lines/BMS Thermostat Delete/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/BMS OCC/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 01:01 PM   #1881
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
Colt's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,215
Posts

 
Drives: 08 135i 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
If it has a distinct sweetness to the smell and has a bleach white/blue-ish tinge, it could be coolant, which is an entirely different can of worms. My carís smoke is extremely temp. dependent, when it gets comfortably into the 50s it isnít anywhere near as apparent, Iím assuming that a good deal of what Iím seeing is condensation. So see how it looks when the temps get a bit higher, perhaps itís not as smoky as you think. I didnít see you already have an OCC, so yea OFHG is probably a good place to look next if problems persist. FWIW the RB PCV is cheap and takes little time to install, maybe youíd want to check into that before going the more involved route. The CV systems on the N54 blow by way more oil than they should, so that could be your problem. Iím still a bit confused as to how that is smoking through the primary cat though, generally speaking you really need to be burning hard or running very rich for smoke to come out of a catted car.
My thoughts exactly...I've thought about maybe I'm just running really rich too, but I dunno . Can't seem to find the upgraded PCV on the RB website either. I might as well go ahead and buy that. Might not do anything, but anything is better than stock on this car lol
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate4641 View Post
looks like unicorn vomit.
For Sale: 08 135i SR 6MT, PTF Tuned
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 01:13 PM   #1882
135Pats
Turbo's Here
135Pats's Avatar
United_States
61
Rep
5,699
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angerman View Post
My thoughts exactly...I've thought about maybe I'm just running really rich too, but I dunno . Can't seem to find the upgraded PCV on the RB website either. I might as well go ahead and buy that. Might not do anything, but anything is better than stock on this car lol
Truth. It's frustrating because this is such a monster motor, but the peripheral systems are FTL.
You order the PCV directly thru Rob, there is a discussion+ordering thread on the other forum where you'll find the details needed. Not a super difficult install, just takes a bit of time. It may or may not address your problem, but like you noted it's a clear upgrade and is good preventative work. The OE PCV will fail over time, so it's smart to think of it proactively. I wonder how much it'll smoke once you go full catless Only one way to find out

Take a data log some time and let's check it out. If you had a flash handling the fueling i'd almost certainly say it's not an AFR issue, but with a piggyback it could theoretically get screwy. Worth looking into.
__________________
E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Meisterschaft Race/Berk Resonated/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/FFTEC LPFP/HFS-4 DO Stainless Lines/BMS Thermostat Delete/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/BMS OCC/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 01:16 PM   #1883
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
Colt's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,215
Posts

 
Drives: 08 135i 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
I wonder how much it'll smoke once you go full catless Only one way to find out

Take a data log some time and let's check it out
Yea seriously lol. I'll do a log when I get the pipes put on, I think I need to update my firmware too
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate4641 View Post
looks like unicorn vomit.
For Sale: 08 135i SR 6MT, PTF Tuned
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 04:39 PM   #1884
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
BrokenVert's Avatar
United_States
148
Rep
10,077
Posts

 
Drives: Topless 135/Electric Boogaloo
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: FahrvergnŁgen/NY

iTrader: (0)

In case nobody noticed Youtube today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...v=HGeMGqVKD6A#!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 04:46 PM   #1885
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
Colt's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,215
Posts

 
Drives: 08 135i 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

huh.....apparently that Shain kid from Buckwild died

http://www.tmz.com/person/shain-gandee/
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate4641 View Post
looks like unicorn vomit.
For Sale: 08 135i SR 6MT, PTF Tuned

Last edited by Colt; 04-01-2013 at 04:53 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 02:00 PM   #1886
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
MrRetep's Avatar
9
Rep
359
Posts

 
Drives: 435i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Irvine CA

iTrader: (3)

raaawwwwrrrr
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 09:25 AM   #1887
135Pats
Turbo's Here
135Pats's Avatar
United_States
61
Rep
5,699
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (2)

que tal amigos? hump day!
__________________
E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Meisterschaft Race/Berk Resonated/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/FFTEC LPFP/HFS-4 DO Stainless Lines/BMS Thermostat Delete/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/BMS OCC/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 09:27 AM   #1888
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
MidwestGolfBum's Avatar
North Korea
20
Rep
256
Posts

 
Drives: Space Grey E92s
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: No Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
que tal amigos? hump day!
Shooting after the early afternoon meetings. It's going to break 40 today, spring my ass.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
I can never have cross dressing fun nothing ever fits!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 09:36 AM   #1889
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
BrokenVert's Avatar
United_States
148
Rep
10,077
Posts

 
Drives: Topless 135/Electric Boogaloo
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: FahrvergnŁgen/NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGolfBum View Post
Shooting after the early afternoon meetings. It's going to break 40 today, spring my ass.
Its still snowing in syracuse. We became the snowiest US city this year thanks to the past few days.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #1890
135Pats
Turbo's Here
135Pats's Avatar
United_States
61
Rep
5,699
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGolfBum View Post
Shooting after the early afternoon meetings. It's going to break 40 today, spring my ass.
Enjoy! What are you planning on shooting with today? I came thissss close to buying an RTF compact Glock a few days ago, but ultimately was able to resist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
Its still snowing in syracuse. We became the snowiest US city this year thanks to the past few days.
So far as I can tell the entire country has been in a deep freeze, obviously thatís all relative to where you are. It was 30 deg. When I started my car this morning at around 730-8am, thatís just absurd for this time of the year. Weíve been stuck in the 40s and low 50s for weeks now, though it looks like spring will finally wake up next week, when temps are supposed to get closer to 65-70. Iím so stoked, dunno how people can deal with weather like upstate NY.
__________________
E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Meisterschaft Race/Berk Resonated/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/FFTEC LPFP/HFS-4 DO Stainless Lines/BMS Thermostat Delete/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/BMS OCC/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 09:47 AM   #1891
grieverr
Private First Class
2
Rep
168
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

I went to school in Syracuse. I remember those winters well!!
However, it's under 40 degrees and windy in NJ, so besides the snow, we're not that much better off!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 10:17 AM   #1892
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
MidwestGolfBum's Avatar
North Korea
20
Rep
256
Posts

 
Drives: Space Grey E92s
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: No Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
Its still snowing in syracuse. We became the snowiest US city this year thanks to the past few days.
I'm starting to think I should move back to warmer parts of the country, I can't do cold for this many months of the year anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
Enjoy! What are you planning on shooting with today? I came thissss close to buying an RTF compact Glock a few days ago, but ultimately was able to resist.
I just picked up a Walther PPS and Springfield EMP that I "need" to get some rounds through to determine which is going to get the new carry duty. Few of my buddies are going to be bringing various full auto things they have acquired over the years as well as well as the more traditional ARs. There is always a bunch of long rifles in almost any caliber that you want to shoot that show up too. I will probably bring out my Mark XIX Desert Eagle because who doesn't want to shoot a .50AE when given the chance? I think one of my buddies is bringing out some shotguns and clay too, I never know until we get there. One of the guys who is bringing out some of the auto stuff hinted he may bring his .50 rifle as well.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
I can never have cross dressing fun nothing ever fits!
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST