E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > BMW 335i (N54) turbo warranty extended for wastegate issues to 8yrs/82k miles



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-25-2013, 05:04 PM   #265
Cadaver
New Member
 
Drives: 07 335i
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Kansas City, MO

Posts: 27
iTrader: (0)

I just took my 07 335i CPO to an indy for $2500 in repairs and maint. They took it for a test drive after the work and started throwing a 30FF code on WOT. Told me to take it to the dealership for turbo replacement under warranty. The indy shop felt fairly confident that the dealer would replace under warranty.

I bought the car summer of 2010 as CPO with 15k. Now Im at 91k. Im getting spooked that the mileage may not qualify (82k per the bulletin) for the extended turbo warranty. I will shit if I end up dropping 50% of the value of the car for repairs.
Cadaver is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-26-2013, 03:30 PM   #266
tomchang75
New Member
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: SoCal

Posts: 25
iTrader: (0)

Crevier SA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracerit View Post
Who was your service advisor? I'm stuck between going to Crevier or sterling.
Jason Smith. Great guy and excellent SA
tomchang75 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #267
freshwater
Private First Class
 
freshwater's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i Jet Black Sports pkg
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Plainfield, IL

Posts: 145
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadaver View Post
I just took my 07 335i CPO to an indy for $2500 in repairs and maint. They took it for a test drive after the work and started throwing a 30FF code on WOT. Told me to take it to the dealership for turbo replacement under warranty. The indy shop felt fairly confident that the dealer would replace under warranty.

I bought the car summer of 2010 as CPO with 15k. Now Im at 91k. Im getting spooked that the mileage may not qualify (82k per the bulletin) for the extended turbo warranty. I will shit if I end up dropping 50% of the value of the car for repairs.
Your CPO warranty should cover the Wastegate, mine was replaced under 82k before I replaced my HPFP..

HPFP are warranty till 120K so that will fall usnder that..
__________________
2007 335i E90 | Sport pkg | Premium Package | Navigation | Logic 7 sound | Jet Black | Perilli P Zero Nero A/S, 225/40ZR18, 255/35ZR18 | 12F/18R Spacers | Black kidney Grills.
2007 X5 4.8 | Sport pkg | ZPP | ZCW | ZPS | ZTP | 3rd Row Seat | Entertainment pkg | HUD | Jet Black |Continental Extreme DWS.
freshwater is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-26-2013, 10:18 PM   #268
solow
Just to sweet
 
Drives: 07 335i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New York

Posts: 245
iTrader: (0)

a lot of you guys are giving me hope but should i take the cp/dci and dp's out before i take it get checked out or can i atleast leave the dp's in??
solow is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-27-2013, 05:08 PM   #269
solow
Just to sweet
 
Drives: 07 335i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New York

Posts: 245
iTrader: (0)

I got an appointment on Tuesday for them to see if it is the wastegate/turbo making the noise. Im adding a video with the exzact same noise my car makes usualy after 3000 rpm please give me any input if this may qualify?
solow is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-27-2013, 05:11 PM   #270
Tari
Captain
 
Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC

Posts: 602
iTrader: (0)

Got mine done at 75k at habberstad bmw. New turbos !
Tari is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-27-2013, 05:36 PM   #271
solow
Just to sweet
 
Drives: 07 335i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New York

Posts: 245
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tari View Post
Got mine done at 75k at habberstad bmw. New turbos !
was the noise same as mine...did you put it back to stock
solow is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-27-2013, 05:46 PM   #272
Tari
Captain
 
Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC

Posts: 602
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m54 View Post
was the noise same as mine...did you put it back to stock
Yea it was the same noise yours is a little worse than mine were. My new ones area bit noisy too but hey i got new turbo's.
Tari is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-27-2013, 05:52 PM   #273
solow
Just to sweet
 
Drives: 07 335i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New York

Posts: 245
iTrader: (0)

did you put ur car back to stock or was it stock did you have any codes when you took it in
solow is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-28-2013, 06:46 AM   #274
Tari
Captain
 
Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC

Posts: 602
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m54 View Post
did you put ur car back to stock or was it stock did you have any codes when you took it in
Yea you have to bring it back to stock BMW NA has to approve the work. I cleared any codes i had the only one i have is the exhaust flap code though. I installed my downpipes right after i got my car back.
Tari is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-28-2013, 08:05 AM   #275
mike5809
BMW CCA #459447
 
mike5809's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 335i M-Sport [LeMans Blue]
Join Date: May 2011
Location: York, PA

Posts: 323
iTrader: (5)

Mine sounds just like this - I have taken it in 4 times to two different dealers and no offer for replacement of the turbos.

First time [Dealer 1]: Replicated rattle and Replaced Wastegates
Seconds time [Dealer 1]: "Could not replicate" rattle
Third time [Dealer 2]: Replicated rattle - said first dealer did not have the wastegates adjusted correctly so they adjusted the wastegates (funny how it was fine with no rattle for 4 months)
Fourth time [Dealer 2]: Replicated noise with me in the car but lead mechanic said they wont do anything until it throws a code and I should 'live with it'.

I am taking it in again for an unrelated service item today. I have also requested for the dealer [Dealer 1]to look at the wastegates one last time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m54 View Post
I got an appointment on Tuesday for them to see if it is the wastegate/turbo making the noise. Im adding a video with the exzact same noise my car makes usualy after 3000 rpm please give me any input if this may qualify?
__________________
'11 BMW 335i M-Sport Coupe xDrive [LeMans Blue]
- Exotics Tuning CF Lip, CF BMW Performance Diffuser, M3 Spoiler, Eibach Springs/Bilstein Shocks, 35% Tint
'07 BMW 335i Coupe - Sold
'03 BMW Z4 3.0i - Gone
mike5809 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-28-2013, 05:06 PM   #276
halfmonkey
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: '08 Montego Blue 335i
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Diego

Posts: 200
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBKUR View Post
Last time i checked we had FIFTY states.
__________________
'08 Montego Blue 335i, auto, grey leather, aluminum trim, 50% ceramic Llumar tint on all windows except windshield - all options except active steering, active cruise control, and HD radio
'01 Lexus IS300 - gone but not forgotten
halfmonkey is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #277
mike5809
BMW CCA #459447
 
mike5809's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 335i M-Sport [LeMans Blue]
Join Date: May 2011
Location: York, PA

Posts: 323
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike5809 View Post
Mine sounds just like this - I have taken it in 4 times to two different dealers and no offer for replacement of the turbos.

First time [Dealer 1]: Replicated rattle and Replaced Wastegates
Seconds time [Dealer 1]: "Could not replicate" rattle
Third time [Dealer 2]: Replicated rattle - said first dealer did not have the wastegates adjusted correctly so they adjusted the wastegates (funny how it was fine with no rattle for 4 months)
Fourth time [Dealer 2]: Replicated noise with me in the car but lead mechanic said they wont do anything until it throws a code and I should 'live with it'.

I am taking it in again for an unrelated service item today. I have also requested for the dealer [Dealer 1]to look at the wastegates one last time.
Ugh, *sigh*. I just got a call from the dealership checking out the wastegates and they said rattle is normal.

When I pick up the car I am going to have them pull a 335i on the lot next to it and have them see if their lot car has the rattle - if not, I am going to put on my unhappy pants and politly request a more detailed reason why the rattle is 'normal' on my car but their lot cars don't have it.
__________________
'11 BMW 335i M-Sport Coupe xDrive [LeMans Blue]
- Exotics Tuning CF Lip, CF BMW Performance Diffuser, M3 Spoiler, Eibach Springs/Bilstein Shocks, 35% Tint
'07 BMW 335i Coupe - Sold
'03 BMW Z4 3.0i - Gone
mike5809 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-01-2013, 12:25 PM   #278
solow
Just to sweet
 
Drives: 07 335i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New York

Posts: 245
iTrader: (0)

Me and my friend have the same car year and everything bought it from same dealer too-- his is not even making a close sounding sound to what mine rattle is so i hope they have ear plugs if they try to play that normal game with me because i will make a fus.!
solow is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-04-2013, 07:20 PM   #279
Cadaver
New Member
 
Drives: 07 335i
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Kansas City, MO

Posts: 27
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadaver View Post
I just took my 07 335i CPO to an indy for $2500 in repairs and maint. They took it for a test drive after the work and started throwing a 30FF code on WOT. Told me to take it to the dealership for turbo replacement under warranty. The indy shop felt fairly confident that the dealer would replace under warranty.

I bought the car summer of 2010 as CPO with 15k. Now Im at 91k. Im getting spooked that the mileage may not qualify (82k per the bulletin) for the extended turbo warranty. I will shit if I end up dropping 50% of the value of the car for repairs.
Just a follow up, Ira BMW in Stratham, NH replaced my turbos. $50 out the door and the car was washed. Whew! Whats next? water pump?
Cadaver is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2013, 04:38 PM   #280
KFJ512a
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW e92 335i, e60 525i M-Sport
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Boston, Mass

Posts: 266
iTrader: (0)

to some of you this may be a dumb question but im kind of confused on my situation. i purchased my 08 e92 n54 from a used car dealer, it was not a BMW certified used car but nonetheless the car is perfect except for that wastegate rattle. does this mean that i am also covered even if i didnt purchase the car from a BMW dealership? im hoping that i am covered. Any tips or advice or suggestions is greatly welcomed!
KFJ512a is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2013, 10:40 PM   #281
freshwater
Private First Class
 
freshwater's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i Jet Black Sports pkg
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Plainfield, IL

Posts: 145
iTrader: (0)

how many miles..
__________________
2007 335i E90 | Sport pkg | Premium Package | Navigation | Logic 7 sound | Jet Black | Perilli P Zero Nero A/S, 225/40ZR18, 255/35ZR18 | 12F/18R Spacers | Black kidney Grills.
2007 X5 4.8 | Sport pkg | ZPP | ZCW | ZPS | ZTP | 3rd Row Seat | Entertainment pkg | HUD | Jet Black |Continental Extreme DWS.
freshwater is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2013, 10:01 PM   #282
JDMSINCE08
Registered
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: PA

Posts: 1
iTrader: (0)

Late to the Game...please forgive :-)

Please forgive me for arriving late and joining the conversation after all the great info already posted, just thought this would be the place to get real world, first hand knowledge on the turbo/waste gate debacle. First off just purchased my first BMW , a 2007 335i, LOVE it! After a few days of driving the car i have realized this "rattle" under the hood. To my surprise this IS a common issue. Also, on a side note (because it was also mentioned in this thread), the HPFP is another warranty piece? Long story short my car is mint with 65,xxx on the clock. I have an appointment to take the car back to the dealer monday to have the rattle looked into. Should the service dept. already know about these problems and fix them? Does my car fall into the warranty category? Thank you in advance for any and all helpful info. BTW new to the forum and love it!
JDMSINCE08 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-29-2013, 05:17 PM   #283
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
 
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

Posts: 1,678
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMSINCE08 View Post
Please forgive me for arriving late and joining the conversation after all the great info already posted, just thought this would be the place to get real world, first hand knowledge on the turbo/waste gate debacle. First off just purchased my first BMW , a 2007 335i, LOVE it! After a few days of driving the car i have realized this "rattle" under the hood. To my surprise this IS a common issue. Also, on a side note (because it was also mentioned in this thread), the HPFP is another warranty piece? Long story short my car is mint with 65,xxx on the clock. I have an appointment to take the car back to the dealer monday to have the rattle looked into. Should the service dept. already know about these problems and fix them? Does my car fall into the warranty category? Thank you in advance for any and all helpful info. BTW new to the forum and love it!
JDMSINCE08

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new car!

The best thing to do is talk intelligently about the wastegate Rattle (Which means, say, hey I believe/think I fall under this extended warranty for wastegate malfunction. I believe the rattle under the hood is the wastegate rattle). If you need to quote the Reference number that is located in the PDF on the first post. In some cases yeah some dealers may not be aware of it but they should if they are certified BMW. Do your research and get some firepower if necessary but yes they should help you out.

As far as the HPFP, That was a recall I believe, so you should have the upgraded pump, You should ask and they can look it up to see if your car has been replaced or not, At that time ask if you are qualified.

If you have any modifications Under the hood you should go back to stock Before any warranty check up.
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
VNeBLOB42 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-29-2013, 05:21 PM   #284
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
 
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

Posts: 1,678
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike5809 View Post
Ugh, *sigh*. I just got a call from the dealership checking out the wastegates and they said rattle is normal.

When I pick up the car I am going to have them pull a 335i on the lot next to it and have them see if their lot car has the rattle - if not, I am going to put on my unhappy pants and politly request a more detailed reason why the rattle is 'normal' on my car but their lot cars don't have it.
Update?

Yes there is a certain amount of rattle they consider normal. I took mine in today and my rattle was way above normal just like the video above. Long story short they're to pull the Motor out, fix the wastegates all covered, no out-of-pocket
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
VNeBLOB42 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-11-2013, 09:14 AM   #285
cpeter753
Private First Class
 
cpeter753's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 335i w/ M-Sport Package
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Dirty Jersey

Posts: 100
iTrader: (2)

I just brought my 335i into the dealership yesterday to have them look at my wastegate rattle and do the battery cable recall work. I have recently realized I don't have the same pull in second gear I used to have when I first drove my car so I am definitely experiencing turbo lag now but haven't seen the half power symbol yet so I guess I'll see what happens. I'm kinda pissed because I bought the car CPO in January and have already had to have the fuel injectors replaced 3 weeks after I purchased it and now this is happening. I'm just glad I'm having my local dealership look at it and not the stealership I bought it from.

I still love my car though, just pissed the crooks I bought it from didn't find any of this.
__________________
Current Ride: Le Mans Blue 2010 e92 335i M-Sport // BMW Performance Exhaust // AFE DCI Stage 2 // Gloss Black BMW Performance Spoiler Rep // BMW Performance Black Grills // 19" Gunmetal VMR VB3s // TGS HPB LED Interior Kit // 25% 3M Tint // Yellow Lamin-X Fog Light Film
cpeter753 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-11-2013, 09:41 AM   #286
ndq
Private First Class
 
ndq's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 108
iTrader: (0)

I had the rattle noise when I picked up the car a few weeks ago from a Dealer. Luckily a friend at the dealership informed me of this warranty so I took it to a BMW service center closer to my home to have it looked at. The SA took me for a ride to the garage for the shop manager to check it out and he said, "yup, wastegate rattle, and it's covered."

The car was there for almost a week due to the hold up waiting for BMWNA to approve the repair but they did, finally, and I received two new turbos and all the gaskets, etc. that go with it. Car runs like a champ, couldn't be happier.

This post with the attached .PDF helped my friend achieve the same repair after they denied doing it at first since his rattle wasn't as consistent as mine (all the damn time).

Thanks for starting this thread, very helpful.
ndq is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bmw n54 service bulletin, bmw n54 sib, bmw n54 tsb, bmw service bulletin, bmw sib, bmw tsb, bmw turbo warranty, bmw turbo wastegate, bmw turbo wastegate issue, bmw turbo wastegate rattle, bmw turbocharger warranty, bmw turbocharger wastegate, bmw turbochargers warranty, bmw warranty, turbo wastegate warranty

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST