E90Post
 


European Auto Source
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > 0-60 times



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-13-2013, 05:16 PM   #111
CT335xi
First Lieutenant
6

 
CT335xi's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 335xi, evo 8, gmc syclone
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Naugatuck,Ct


Posts: 338
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk79 View Post
my cobb ap actually reads 0.1-0.2 sec lower than g timer so I believe more in the g timer. with cobb 0 to 0 time is 3.7.

if I correct for 1ft roll out then the time will improve further.
there was an article in caranddriver comparing several of these devices and they were pretty close around 1/10th to 2/10th of secs, g-timer came a bit slower than gps measurements. so if gps is used then the time might be better by atleast 0.1 secs.

here is a link to comparison of several devices and seems g timer is 0.2 sec slower to vbox.

http://media.caranddriver.com/files/...er-results.pdf
Good info. I never knew that the g-timer was that close to the other devices? I actually have a g-timer. I guess I'll have to set it up and run it on the same run as my cobb ap to compare them to each other
__________________
volk re30 18x8.5 / tc kline coilovers / cobb ap / afe stg 2 sealed cai / afe air scoops / 5" ets fmic
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 01:16 AM   #112
SickStroke6.0
Second Lieutenant
11

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi E90
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Alabama


Posts: 214
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer335 View Post
I see that you settled on the 335xi idea... good choice. Why'd you decide on the path less worn? (AWD 335)

Based on what I read in your signature, I'm interested in your plans for your car and hope to see similar aggression with modifying. There are some good set ups around here, welcome and may you become excessive with your modification addiction to this car as well
I decided on a 335xi simply because of tire life and I got a good deal.

I've already installed a good bit of modifications on the car, and I've got around $3k in various parts waiting to be installed. I'm a mod addict.
__________________
Blake

2008 BMW E90 335xi N54 Twin Turbo

Too many mods to fit in the signature.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 01:35 AM   #113
R.G.
Lieutenant
8

 
R.G.'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 335i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: In my sub conscious


Posts: 588
iTrader: (9)

Anybody have the Alpina flash done showing improved times
__________________
Cobb*FSR E40 Pro tune*Dinan IC*Dinan CAI*Dinan Strut Tower*Dinan camber plates*Dinan control arm bushings*MS Catless*ER Chargepipe*Tial BOV*Custom dual 2.5" exhaust w/Vibrant race mid cats & resonaters*Vishnu Walbro 455 Inline kit*BMS OCC*Alpina Trans flash*Misc coding*RB PCV*Megan racing toe arms*M3 subframe bushings*Carbon vented hood*Carbon trunk*Carbon grills*DD rear bumper*Race valances*Vorsteiner carbon front lip*M3 Steering wheel w/DCT paddles*M3 Guages*M3 Side Skirts*Carbon side splitters*Volk RE30s
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #114
nailer335
Captain
United_States
17

 
nailer335's Avatar
 
Drives: alpine '08 e92 335xi
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Arizona


Posts: 690
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickStroke6.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer335 View Post
I see that you settled on the 335xi idea... good choice. Why'd you decide on the path less worn? (AWD 335)

Based on what I read in your signature, I'm interested in your plans for your car and hope to see similar aggression with modifying. There are some good set ups around here, welcome and may you become excessive with your modification addiction to this car as well
I decided on a 335xi simply because of tire life and I got a good deal.

I've already installed a good bit of modifications on the car, and I've got around $3k in various parts waiting to be installed. I'm a mod addict.
Just wait until you add meth to the already well established addiction...

I've had my car down for about a month now and have been in a 328i and I'm going through boost/meth withdrawals every time I try to jam on it. It sucks... Think I may have another long term "bad habit"
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 01:16 PM   #115
SickStroke6.0
Second Lieutenant
11

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi E90
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Alabama


Posts: 214
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.G. View Post
Anybody have the Alpina flash done showing improved times
This will be my next upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer335 View Post
Just wait until you add meth to the already well established addiction...

I've had my car down for about a month now and have been in a 328i and I'm going through boost/meth withdrawals every time I try to jam on it. It sucks... Think I may have another long term "bad habit"
BMW 2.2 gallon integrated methanol injection kit is on the list... Just need to find some time to order and install it. We have a 2006 325i as well, and it is just plain gutless. 0-60 in maybe 7 seconds.
__________________
Blake

2008 BMW E90 335xi N54 Twin Turbo

Too many mods to fit in the signature.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 05:54 PM   #116
R.G.
Lieutenant
8

 
R.G.'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 335i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: In my sub conscious


Posts: 588
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickStroke6.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.G. View Post
Anybody have the Alpina flash done showing improved times
This will be my next upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer335 View Post
Just wait until you add meth to the already well established addiction...

I've had my car down for about a month now and have been in a 328i and I'm going through boost/meth withdrawals every time I try to jam on it. It sucks... Think I may have another long term "bad habit"
BMW 2.2 gallon integrated methanol injection kit is on the list... Just need to find some time to order and install it. We have a 2006 325i as well, and it is just plain gutless. 0-60 in maybe 7 seconds.
I've got it done Sick and it'll shave some tenths off your time
The shifts are lightning quick
__________________
Cobb*FSR E40 Pro tune*Dinan IC*Dinan CAI*Dinan Strut Tower*Dinan camber plates*Dinan control arm bushings*MS Catless*ER Chargepipe*Tial BOV*Custom dual 2.5" exhaust w/Vibrant race mid cats & resonaters*Vishnu Walbro 455 Inline kit*BMS OCC*Alpina Trans flash*Misc coding*RB PCV*Megan racing toe arms*M3 subframe bushings*Carbon vented hood*Carbon trunk*Carbon grills*DD rear bumper*Race valances*Vorsteiner carbon front lip*M3 Steering wheel w/DCT paddles*M3 Guages*M3 Side Skirts*Carbon side splitters*Volk RE30s
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 06:04 PM   #117
dk79
Private
United_States
2

 
Drives: 335i xdrive coupe, 535xi
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: sioux falls, sd


Posts: 73
iTrader: (0)

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.G. View Post
I've got it done Sick and it'll shave some tenths off your time
The shifts are lightning quick
what is the procedure for getting the alpina transmission software?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #118
R.G.
Lieutenant
8

 
R.G.'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 335i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: In my sub conscious


Posts: 588
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk79
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.G. View Post
I've got it done Sick and it'll shave some tenths off your time
The shifts are lightning quick
what is the procedure for getting the alpina transmission software?
Computer coding done thru the OBD port in your car

I had it done remotely by Alex@Alpine

Downloaded some software, he accessed my laptop via the Internet, all done over the phone/text. Took about 15 min
__________________
Cobb*FSR E40 Pro tune*Dinan IC*Dinan CAI*Dinan Strut Tower*Dinan camber plates*Dinan control arm bushings*MS Catless*ER Chargepipe*Tial BOV*Custom dual 2.5" exhaust w/Vibrant race mid cats & resonaters*Vishnu Walbro 455 Inline kit*BMS OCC*Alpina Trans flash*Misc coding*RB PCV*Megan racing toe arms*M3 subframe bushings*Carbon vented hood*Carbon trunk*Carbon grills*DD rear bumper*Race valances*Vorsteiner carbon front lip*M3 Steering wheel w/DCT paddles*M3 Guages*M3 Side Skirts*Carbon side splitters*Volk RE30s
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 07:20 PM   #119
SickStroke6.0
Second Lieutenant
11

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi E90
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Alabama


Posts: 214
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.G. View Post
Computer coding done thru the OBD port in your car

I had it done remotely by Alex@Alpine

Downloaded some software, he accessed my laptop via the Internet, all done over the phone/text. Took about 15 min
Is that the fella who does coding? If so, how much was it? PM me, if you'd like. I'm needing a few things coded, but not wanting to mess with it until I get a better understanding of the whole "coding" process. I am no strangers to computers, but every program has a learning curve; and this one seems rather difficult.

It would be nice if there was a well written out "Getting Started with Coding" DIY, but I have yet to find such a write-up.
__________________
Blake

2008 BMW E90 335xi N54 Twin Turbo

Too many mods to fit in the signature.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 07:21 PM   #120
R.G.
Lieutenant
8

 
R.G.'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 335i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: In my sub conscious


Posts: 588
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickStroke6.0 View Post
Is that the fella who does coding? If so, how much was it? PM me, if you'd like. I'm needing a few things coded, but not wanting to mess with it until I get a better understanding of the whole "coding" process. I am no strangers to computers, but every program has a learning curve; and this one seems rather difficult.

It would be nice if there was a well written out "Getting Started with Coding" DIY, but I have yet to find such a write-up.
Tread carefully. Ive heard a wrong move could brick your transmission. Ill PM you
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 07:23 PM   #121
SickStroke6.0
Second Lieutenant
11

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi E90
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Alabama


Posts: 214
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.G. View Post
Tread carefully. Ive heard a wrong move could brick your transmission. Ill PM you
Thanks, brotha!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 01:11 AM   #122
hickoryE92
First Lieutenant
9

 
Drives: Black E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NC


Posts: 337
iTrader: (1)

Just got my Cobb AP today and my god... best decision ever. Just unleashed the beast that has been caged up inside my car until now.

As for 0-60 times. I did a few runs today on Stage 1 Aggressive. The best was a 4.498 seconds with a 60 ft. time of 2.184 seconds. I brake boosted around 1800-2000. This was also on flat land.

Aside from the tune, I am totally stock. There were two people (including me) in the car for a total of 340 lbs and a couple items in the trunk. I was pretty impressed but now the mod bug is really kicking in.
__________________
Cobb AP Stg 2+ / ETS 5" FMIC / AR Design Downpipes / Gunmetal VMR 710s / Muffler Delete / 3.5" DiMisa Tips

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 05:38 PM   #123
CT335xi
First Lieutenant
6

 
CT335xi's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 335xi, evo 8, gmc syclone
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Naugatuck,Ct


Posts: 338
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hickoryE92 View Post
Just got my Cobb AP today and my god... best decision ever. Just unleashed the beast that has been caged up inside my car until now.

As for 0-60 times. I did a few runs today on Stage 1 Aggressive. The best was a 4.498 seconds with a 60 ft. time of 2.184 seconds. I brake boosted around 1800-2000. This was also on flat land.

Aside from the tune, I am totally stock. There were two people (including me) in the car for a total of 340 lbs and a couple items in the trunk. I was pretty impressed but now the mod bug is really kicking in.
Get your 60' time down and you will be in low 4 second to 60. Is your car awd or rwd?
__________________
volk re30 18x8.5 / tc kline coilovers / cobb ap / afe stg 2 sealed cai / afe air scoops / 5" ets fmic
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 06:47 PM   #124
hickoryE92
First Lieutenant
9

 
Drives: Black E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NC


Posts: 337
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT335xi View Post
Get your 60' time down and you will be in low 4 second to 60. Is your car awd or rwd?
RWD, any suggestions on launching techniques or how to get my 60' time down?
__________________
Cobb AP Stg 2+ / ETS 5" FMIC / AR Design Downpipes / Gunmetal VMR 710s / Muffler Delete / 3.5" DiMisa Tips

Appreciate 0
      03-30-2013, 10:48 PM   #125
dk79
Private
United_States
2

 
Drives: 335i xdrive coupe, 535xi
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: sioux falls, sd


Posts: 73
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hickoryE92 View Post
RWD, any suggestions on launching techniques or how to get my 60' time down?
I used to have a rwd coupe but now I have awd coupe due to bad weather in my area.

best way to launch is hold rpm at 2k for 1-2 sec then when u let go don't jam it but press it progressively over 1-2 sec to full throttle to minimize wheel spin.
when I was stage 2 + on cobb tune my best 0-60 was 4.1 sec.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2013, 08:09 PM   #126
Pr335bob
Captain
17

 
Drives: Black on black e92
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Puerto Rico USA


Posts: 762
iTrader: (0)

I have a n54 335 coupe auto
I do 0-60 5.3 consistently on 91 oct stg 1 drive
Am i doing something wrong?
In stag1 aggresive I did do 4.8 93 oct

What am I doing wrong?
Brake boost dtc (1 press) in Stg1 put it in m2 till 2k rpm then go
On stg 1 agg dtc all the way off I put it in m2 break boost till 2k the go
???
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2013, 11:20 AM   #127
Nonecure
Second Lieutenant
United_States
4

 
Nonecure's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 335xi E90 LCI
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dayton, Ohio


Posts: 239
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr335bob View Post
I have a n54 335 coupe auto
I do 0-60 5.3 consistently on 91 oct stg 1 drive
Am i doing something wrong?
In stag1 aggresive I did do 4.8 93 oct

What am I doing wrong?
Brake boost dtc (1 press) in Stg1 put it in m2 till 2k rpm then go
On stg 1 agg dtc all the way off I put it in m2 break boost till 2k the go
???
0-60 in 5.3 sec, are you trying that in reverse? :

Actually have you tried starting in M1? I have only done a few timed runs and I was in the low 4's, and I always start in M1. If there is not much difference between M1 or M2, then maybe your loosing boost.
__________________
OFT Wedge Tuned, VRSF 7" Intercooler, BMS DCI, Eibach Pro-kit/Bilstein
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 06:34 PM   #128
Welterweight
Lieutenant
6

 
Welterweight's Avatar
 
Drives: Truck in snow, coupe in summer
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boston


Posts: 410
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Tried my first 0-60 this evening.

60ft. 1.998
0-60 4.478

I have bone stock car with Cobb AP Stage 1 aggressive 93 octane with a Passenger....
Held the brake till 2500 which I think was too high. Will try many more times without passenger and releasing at different RPM's. Goal is 4.3 before adding another Mod. Really want to get under 4.0 with FMIC, Intake, Sport Springs and New tires!
__________________
2009 BSM E92 335xi - Cobb Wedge E30, Alpina TCU, DTEC V7, Dinan Springs, FBO-VRSF 60ft 1.82, 0-60 3.63, 1/4 12.42, Needs: Steve AZ LPFP, CBE, CP
2008 SGM E90 328xi - Dinan CAI & exhaust
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 09:14 PM   #129
pits200
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
69

 
Drives: 09 335i X-Drive Black Sapphire
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pittsburgh


Posts: 1,901
iTrader: (0)

Fbo should be mid to high 3s with proper brake boost launch.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 09:22 AM   #130
ticaohaha
New Member
1

 
Drives: 2012 E92 335xi
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Houston. Tx


Posts: 23
iTrader: (0)

Do you think the Alpina B3 Flash will work for 2011 N55 AWD trans ?
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 10:38 AM   #131
Wingnut335
Private
1

 
Drives: 2011 E90 335XI
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chicago, IL


Posts: 65
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticaohaha View Post
Do you think the Alpina B3 Flash will work for 2011 N55 AWD trans ?
I've heard of people doing it without any problems. A local tuning/coding shop by me is offering the service as well.

Only thing I was advised is that there were two ways to do it. The cheaper way sometimes had some bad side effects.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 12:42 PM   #132
ticaohaha
New Member
1

 
Drives: 2012 E92 335xi
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Houston. Tx


Posts: 23
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut335 View Post
I've heard of people doing it without any problems. A local tuning/coding shop by me is offering the service as well.

Only thing I was advised is that there were two ways to do it. The cheaper way sometimes had some bad side effects.
Thank you wingnut335. I will look around for some more information before go ahead and get it done for N55 engine.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST