E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts > New - Low Temp Thermostat - LOWER OIL TEMPS



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-19-2013, 09:12 AM   #1
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
476
Rep
15,023
Posts


 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

iTrader: (88)

New - Low Temp Thermostat - LOWER OIL TEMPS



ONLY $59.00

Order Link
http://www.n54tuning.com/index.php?_...&productId=125


Easily lower your engines operating temperature for maximum driving performance!!

135 335 535 N54 and N55 Motors

Maintaining higher oil temperatures reduces emissions at the factory power levels but puts your engine cooling at a serious disadvantage at higher power levels. This simple device lowers your oil temperatures by bypassing the factory oil cooling thermostat and allowing oil to circulate through your oil cooler full time. The result is dramatically lower oil temperatures and more consistent engine performance. Engine oil warm-up time is only marginally increased. Installs in minutes and is fully reversible.

Applications:

1 Series
• 2008-2013 E82 Coupe 135i / 1M
• 2008-2013 E88 Convertible 135i

3 Series
• 2008-2011 E90 Sedan 335i / 335xi
• 2008-2011 E91 Touring 335i / 335xi
• 2008-2013 E92 Coupe 335i / 335xi
• 2008-2013 E93 Convertible 335i / 335xi

5 Series
• 2008-2009 E60 Sedan 535i / 535xi
• 2008-2009 E61 Touring 535i / 535xi



Please check to be sure you have a factory oil cooler on your vehicle before ordering. Low temperature thermostat upgrade location highlighted in yellow in the above photo. Vehicles without a factory oil cooler can not use this upgrade.

Order Link
http://www.n54tuning.com/index.php?_...&productId=125
__________________
LOWEST PRICE GURANTEE ON ALL PRODUCTS - www.n54tuning.com - Email; Mike@n54tuning.com
NEW PERFORMANCE LINE N54 DOWNPIPES & M3/M4 & F30 ER DOWNPIPES NOW IN STOCK - ER N54 CHARPE PIPE SPECIALS - NEW JB4 G5 ISO for N54 and F30 N55 ON SALE - NEW S55 M3/M4 JB4 NOW SHIPPING
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #2
Crulexis
First Lieutenant
Crulexis's Avatar
Canada
4
Rep
330
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i // E92
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto - GTA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post


ONLY $59.00

Order Link
http://www.n54tuning.com/index.php?_...&productId=125


Easily lower your engines operating temperature for maximum driving performance!!

135 335 535 N54 and N55 Motors

Maintaining higher oil temperatures reduces emissions at the factory power levels but puts your engine cooling at a serious disadvantage at higher power levels. This simple device lowers your oil temperatures by bypassing the factory oil cooling thermostat and allowing oil to circulate through your oil cooler full time. The result is dramatically lower oil temperatures and more consistent engine performance. Engine oil warm-up time is only marginally increased. Installs in minutes and is fully reversible.

Applications:

1 Series
• 2008-2013 E82 Coupe 135i / 1M
• 2008-2013 E88 Convertible 135i

3 Series
• 2008-2011 E90 Sedan 335i / 335xi
• 2008-2011 E91 Touring 335i / 335xi
• 2008-2013 E92 Coupe 335i / 335xi
• 2008-2013 E93 Convertible 335i / 335xi

5 Series
• 2008-2009 E60 Sedan 535i / 535xi
• 2008-2009 E61 Touring 535i / 535xi



Please check to be sure you have a factory oil cooler on your vehicle before ordering. Low temperature thermostat upgrade location highlighted in yellow in the above photo. Vehicles without a factory oil cooler can not use this upgrade.

Order Link
http://www.n54tuning.com/index.php?_...&productId=125
how do you install this mike?
__________________
E92 335i 6MT | Jet Black | Saddle Brown
COBB AP | VRSF Catless D.P's | BMS DCI | BMW Performance 313 Rims | Gloss Black Kidney Grills | LUX V8 V3's | WeissLicht PY24W
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 04:25 PM   #3
GOTMH8N
Stay Classy
GOTMH8N's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
1,022
Posts

 
Drives: 335i Sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: c

iTrader: (2)

Interesting
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 05:54 PM   #4
akotten
Major
akotten's Avatar
13
Rep
1,043
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rapid City, SD

iTrader: (2)

What material is this made of? (specific polymer)
__________________
TC Kline S/A | Vorshlag Camber Plates | ///M Bushings & ARB | CP-e DPs | VRSF FMIC | Procede 2.5 w/ OpenFlash | DCI |
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 04:26 PM   #5
DeeDubauWhy
o.O
United_States
0
Rep
57
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Haslet, TX

iTrader: (0)

just looking at this today...i understand the description but how significant of an improvment is this? are there pro's and con's of such (i.e. CEL?), thanks for any feedback mike!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #6
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
476
Rep
15,023
Posts


 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

iTrader: (88)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDubauWhy View Post
just looking at this today...i understand the description but how significant of an improvment is this? are there pro's and con's of such (i.e. CEL?), thanks for any feedback mike!
No CEL, or anything like that. It basically removes the thermostat which allows the oil to circulate through the oil cooler constantly keeping the temp down.

We have a new look on it as well.. Anodized Red. Not that you will ever see it once installed LOL



Does not work on 2007, only 2008+

Mike
__________________
LOWEST PRICE GURANTEE ON ALL PRODUCTS - www.n54tuning.com - Email; Mike@n54tuning.com
NEW PERFORMANCE LINE N54 DOWNPIPES & M3/M4 & F30 ER DOWNPIPES NOW IN STOCK - ER N54 CHARPE PIPE SPECIALS - NEW JB4 G5 ISO for N54 and F30 N55 ON SALE - NEW S55 M3/M4 JB4 NOW SHIPPING

Last edited by Mike@N54Tuning.com; 03-27-2013 at 07:52 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 06:50 PM   #7
sjobusen
New Member
0
Rep
28
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335i Coupé
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

I have a 2007 335 e92? this item will not fit then?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 07:48 PM   #8
turborevdboy11
Private First Class
1
Rep
159
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 808

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjobusen View Post
I have a 2007 335 e92? this item will not fit then?
+1
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2013, 09:24 PM   #9
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
476
Rep
15,023
Posts


 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

iTrader: (88)

Does not work on the 2007s unfortunately.

Mike
__________________
LOWEST PRICE GURANTEE ON ALL PRODUCTS - www.n54tuning.com - Email; Mike@n54tuning.com
NEW PERFORMANCE LINE N54 DOWNPIPES & M3/M4 & F30 ER DOWNPIPES NOW IN STOCK - ER N54 CHARPE PIPE SPECIALS - NEW JB4 G5 ISO for N54 and F30 N55 ON SALE - NEW S55 M3/M4 JB4 NOW SHIPPING
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2013, 09:27 PM   #10
akotten
Major
akotten's Avatar
13
Rep
1,043
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rapid City, SD

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
Does not work on the 2007s unfortunately.

Mike
What's so different on the 07 oil filter housing?
__________________
TC Kline S/A | Vorshlag Camber Plates | ///M Bushings & ARB | CP-e DPs | VRSF FMIC | Procede 2.5 w/ OpenFlash | DCI |
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 07:32 AM   #11
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
476
Rep
15,023
Posts


 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

iTrader: (88)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akotten View Post
What's so different on the 07 oil filter housing?
__________________
LOWEST PRICE GURANTEE ON ALL PRODUCTS - www.n54tuning.com - Email; Mike@n54tuning.com
NEW PERFORMANCE LINE N54 DOWNPIPES & M3/M4 & F30 ER DOWNPIPES NOW IN STOCK - ER N54 CHARPE PIPE SPECIALS - NEW JB4 G5 ISO for N54 and F30 N55 ON SALE - NEW S55 M3/M4 JB4 NOW SHIPPING
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2013, 06:52 PM   #12
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
476
Rep
15,023
Posts


 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

iTrader: (88)

Bump for a great new product..

Mike
__________________
LOWEST PRICE GURANTEE ON ALL PRODUCTS - www.n54tuning.com - Email; Mike@n54tuning.com
NEW PERFORMANCE LINE N54 DOWNPIPES & M3/M4 & F30 ER DOWNPIPES NOW IN STOCK - ER N54 CHARPE PIPE SPECIALS - NEW JB4 G5 ISO for N54 and F30 N55 ON SALE - NEW S55 M3/M4 JB4 NOW SHIPPING
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 01:23 PM   #13
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
476
Rep
15,023
Posts


 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

iTrader: (88)

In stock and ready to ship @ www.n54tuning.com

Mike
__________________
LOWEST PRICE GURANTEE ON ALL PRODUCTS - www.n54tuning.com - Email; Mike@n54tuning.com
NEW PERFORMANCE LINE N54 DOWNPIPES & M3/M4 & F30 ER DOWNPIPES NOW IN STOCK - ER N54 CHARPE PIPE SPECIALS - NEW JB4 G5 ISO for N54 and F30 N55 ON SALE - NEW S55 M3/M4 JB4 NOW SHIPPING
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #14
greensto
Wild Card
greensto's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
529
Posts

 
Drives: Black 135i
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

iTrader: (2)

Just received mine! So what are the steps to install it and the tools required for the n54? The DIY you have on your sit is an n55 engine...
__________________

Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you


Appreciate 0
      07-05-2013, 09:06 PM   #15
ken1137
Brigadier General
ken1137's Avatar
United_States
41
Rep
3,697
Posts

 
Drives: a slow 2009 e90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2009 e90 335i  [3.20]
Huh, not expensive so I'll give it a try. I guess worse case just remove as you would if you need to visit the dealer for oil concerns.
__________________

BMWCCA member
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 09:11 AM   #16
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
476
Rep
15,023
Posts


 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

iTrader: (88)

In stock and ready to ship @ www.n54tuning.com

Mike
__________________
LOWEST PRICE GURANTEE ON ALL PRODUCTS - www.n54tuning.com - Email; Mike@n54tuning.com
NEW PERFORMANCE LINE N54 DOWNPIPES & M3/M4 & F30 ER DOWNPIPES NOW IN STOCK - ER N54 CHARPE PIPE SPECIALS - NEW JB4 G5 ISO for N54 and F30 N55 ON SALE - NEW S55 M3/M4 JB4 NOW SHIPPING
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST