E90Post
 


GT Haus
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Watches > reputable stores for pre-owned watches



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-01-2013, 02:08 PM   #1
koxal
Her Zaman Her Yerde
koxal's Avatar
United_States
33
Rep
1,142
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 SG F10 M5
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: North Jersey

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
reputable stores for pre-owned watches

i am looking to buy a pre-owned rolex but need a reputable store in NY/North Jersey area...

So far i purchased all my rolex watches from authorized dealers but i believe if you buy a pre-owned with original case/ international warranty card / documents etc from a reputable store, i can save some $$$$.

i am not gonna try ebay or amazon or any other online stores since these days scams are thru the roof..

pls share ur experiences.. thanks..
__________________
Sold My Black Beast

Here is the new ride
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #2
Boardman
Private
0
Rep
49
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 550
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Join the Rolex forum and find a trusted seller.

Or timezone.com
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 02:38 PM   #3
rohms3
Lieutenant
rohms3's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
524
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 328i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

Timezone, watchuseek, the rolex forum, etc... you will do better pricewise than any of the larger pre-owned online dealers. Any worthwhile seller will have feedback or reputation left by others.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 03:10 PM   #4
Kwando
Captain
Kwando's Avatar
12
Rep
984
Posts

 
Drives: Bianchi Super Pista
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: London, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Someone referred me to this page awhile ago and is a great resource that compiles all or most listings from different websites so you don't have to check them all. It's nothing fancy at all but that's not the point. I have it bookmarked and check it every once in awhile.

http://www.elitedealseeker.com/index...tegory=watches

Also, even the best fakes can fool authorized dealers.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 03:19 PM   #5
chris s
Major General
chris s's Avatar
71
Rep
5,479
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 e92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smohr33 View Post
Timezone, watchuseek, the rolex forum, etc... you will do better pricewise than any of the larger pre-owned online dealers. Any worthwhile seller will have feedback or reputation left by others.
this...
__________________

2012 MR e92 M3 DCT, fully loaded... ESS VT2-625, Brembo 380, BBS FI's, Akra/Challenge Sport, KW Sleeve kit, Full OEM CF Interior
2008 e92 M3 Coupe 6MT | AW/BLK Extended...SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 04:00 PM   #6
amanda hor$t
Banned
27
Rep
208
Posts

 
Drives: a380
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ny ny

iTrader: (0)

if you really want a good deal, you have to take the risk (ebay, pawn shops, etc). as long as you know the product you won't be fooled!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 05:26 PM   #7
soldes
New Member
0
Rep
15
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 640i Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (0)

I have personally purchase 2 nice pre-owned watches from Tarrytownjewelers. They have increased in value since my purchase, and Steve the owner is a straight forward guy. Their prices are fair, and they stand behind what they sell. They have many Rolex watches, if thats what you are after. I bought a Hublot and an Audemars Piguet from them, no regrets.
Hope this helps
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 05:31 PM   #8
strokeoluck
First Lieutenant
3
Rep
326
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 M roadster
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Good info. I love watches, but find that a) I don't want to pay top dollar for the big brand names since I lose a watch annually; and b) it seems so many watches these days are the size of tanks and you can't even pull a dress shirt over them. I'll visit some of these recommended sites and see if they have some options for me.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 05:56 PM   #9
rohms3
Lieutenant
rohms3's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
524
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 328i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwando View Post
Someone referred me to this page awhile ago and is a great resource that compiles all or most listings from different websites so you don't have to check them all. It's nothing fancy at all but that's not the point. I have it bookmarked and check it every once in awhile.

http://www.elitedealseeker.com/index...tegory=watches

Also, even the best fakes can fool authorized dealers.
Used to use this way back. IMO, a better version of this site is www.watchrecon.com
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 05:58 PM   #10
Jroc
First Lieutenant
5
Rep
320
Posts

 
Drives: Mcoupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Also try luxury4play
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #11
PatrickC23
Lieutenant Colonel
PatrickC23's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
1,755
Posts

 
Drives: '13 F10 AW/SO ///M5
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NNJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
I bought my Breitling B01 from Laviano Jewelers in Westwood, NJ - very good pricing on new watches and I know they resell used as well as do consignment. Since I unexpectedly bought a Panerai during my European Delivery, Im planning on trying to sell my Bell & Ross Commando Chrono soon through them. Just realized it was you Koxal.
__________________
Retired - 2009 C63 l 2007 Supercharged RRS l 2002 e46 SMG ///M3 l 2001 e46 330ci

2013 Alpine White/Sakhir Orange F10 M5 - 20" Modulare Matte Titanium Brushed B18s - Coded by the best, V12
2014 Jeep JKU Wrangler Willys Wheeler W Unlimited - Granite Crystal/Black
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 09:38 AM   #12
Prissy
Brigadier General
Prissy's Avatar
Taiwan
124
Rep
3,929
Posts

 
Drives: F30
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NY

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [2.75]
once you go TRF you'll never go back lol.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 09:56 AM   #13
chris s
Major General
chris s's Avatar
71
Rep
5,479
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 e92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Grubba Balls View Post
if you really want a good deal, you have to take the risk (ebay, pawn shops, etc). as long as you know the product you won't be fooled!

This is HORRIBLE advice... People get scammed on ebay left and right...and there's no way to validate authenticity until the watch arrives. At that point your money is long gone. Pawn shops??? really?

Browse the known watch forums. People collect references from their transactions, buyers and sellers. Ask for them... I've purchased my last two panerai watches from forums and sold my breitling, every transaction was smooth.
__________________

2012 MR e92 M3 DCT, fully loaded... ESS VT2-625, Brembo 380, BBS FI's, Akra/Challenge Sport, KW Sleeve kit, Full OEM CF Interior
2008 e92 M3 Coupe 6MT | AW/BLK Extended...SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 10:07 AM   #14
Pheonix
Captain
6
Rep
634
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2007 BMW/Z4MC  [0.00]
Check out this place! I bought a Breitling Bentley and my buddy got a Breitling and Omega from them. Excellent seller. Great reviews on Watchyouseek as well.
http://www.topnotchwatch.com/
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #15
tony20009
Brigadier General
tony20009's Avatar
United_States
130
Rep
4,591
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington, DC

iTrader: (0)

You may want to check out Alan Furman in Rockville, MD. They sell new watches at a good discount. www.alanfurman.com . I saved nearly $10K on the last watch I bought from them.
__________________
Cheers,
Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed

Last edited by tony20009; 04-02-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 12:13 PM   #16
euro*
Second Lieutenant
euro*'s Avatar
Canada
2
Rep
203
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
Check out this place! I bought a Breitling Bentley and my buddy got a Breitling and Omega from them. Excellent seller. Great reviews on Watchyouseek as well.
http://www.topnotchwatch.com/
OMG

It is so hard to pick one: http://www.topnotchwatch.com/Breitling_s/1516.htm
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #17
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 11|Ridge 1:52:24|Pacific 1:35:72
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
172
Rep
12,906
Posts

 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

not much of a fan of breitlings. did see a couple iwcs i wouldnt mind having.
__________________

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 12:51 PM   #18
amanda hor$t
Banned
27
Rep
208
Posts

 
Drives: a380
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: ny ny

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris s View Post
This is HORRIBLE advice... People get scammed on ebay left and right...and there's no way to validate authenticity until the watch arrives. At that point your money is long gone. Pawn shops??? really?

Browse the known watch forums. People collect references from their transactions, buyers and sellers. Ask for them... I've purchased my last two panerai watches from forums and sold my breitling, every transaction was smooth.
escrow.com
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 10:47 AM   #19
sexy_ninja_goat
Private First Class
sexy_ninja_goat's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
167
Posts

 
Drives: '07 E90, '10 RR Sport
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: MN

iTrader: (0)

www.chrono24.com

Multiple sellers, 99% of the luxury brands available.... You can compare prices from seller to seller based on model, and each seller is rated based on customer feedback. Great site!
__________________
"Never use a preposition to end a sentence with."
2007 E90 - Black Sapphire/Terra - SP - Xenon - CA -L7A - 19" CSL Reps - KW V3 - SGLD
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 08:57 PM   #20
strokeoluck
First Lieutenant
3
Rep
326
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4 M roadster
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Where can I find "decent" IWC replica watches? Don't need to spend more than $500 as I either wind up losing them or getting sick of them.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 07:25 PM   #21
bing240sx
Lieutenant
5
Rep
405
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3 Sedan
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (2)

i have a GREAT connection in southern Ontario...

http://www.harmonyjewellers.ca/

talk to Kevin, tell him Bing referred you.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 12:51 PM   #22
E90-F30
Allen
E90-F30's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
123
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 AUDI S4 6MT
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Syracuse, NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by koxal View Post
i am looking to buy a pre-owned rolex but need a reputable store in NY/North Jersey area...

So far i purchased all my rolex watches from authorized dealers but i believe if you buy a pre-owned with original case/ international warranty card / documents etc from a reputable store, i can save some $$$$.

i am not gonna try ebay or amazon or any other online stores since these days scams are thru the roof..

pls share ur experiences.. thanks..

Do you have a Tourneau in your area?
__________________
Current Vehicle(s): 2013 Silver AUDI S4 6MT | 2012 AW F10 535i xDrive Loaded
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST