E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > does the 335Xi have the option to be RWD like an STI?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-27-2013, 11:01 AM   #441
Flan1031
New Member
0
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: 2007 BMW 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Dead thread back again

Hi All
I recently a few weeks ago traded my 06 330xi for a 07 335xi sedan auto. I was not exactly certain where to post my thread so I chose this one, since it talks about rear wheel drive on awd. I did a base run on the Dyno Dynamics and it didn't like the awd on the BMW so we pulled the fuse and tested in rear dirve. Let me know your thoughts with this but take it easy on me. I since then have installed BMS DCI and have done a stage 2 tune from local guys (ECUProgram)with 15 years experience and the Alpina B7 flash on tranny. I have been running this for over a week now and it's pretty fast. How fast...well my cousin has an 08 135i and on a dig I launched 5 cars and he could not cath up, on a roll at 40km/h it was even for a split sec and then was behind me at about 2 car lenghts and we stopped. Last one was at dig and gave him 1 car lenghts and waited till he hooked up his tires after that I launched, he had about 4 cars on me and by about 140km/h I was now beside him and pulling slowly (I say slowly) until I was ahead and we stopped. anyways I have not yet been able to dyno again cause waiting for DP from Mike at N54. Let me know your thoughts on Dyno...and your thoughts of BMS DCI with dp along side a custom stage 2 set up. I'm still figuring out my goals at this point and reading all of your posts. This is my daily driver and would like to know from all of you experts your gains with similar set up of mine



http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/18/1photoy.jpg/

252.2hp & 283tq (sorry pic aint the greatest)

thanks all!

Last edited by Flan1031; 03-27-2013 at 11:23 AM.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 12:22 PM   #442
335xi Kevo
Lieutenant
335xi Kevo's Avatar
10
Rep
502
Posts

Drives: 2008 335xi
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CT

iTrader: (3)

^your post is off topic. Also your dyno isn't impressive. Not to sound like a jerk but most of us are in the mid 300's on jb or proceed alone.

Also BMS doesn't make a downpipe for xi.
__________________
08' 335xi 6MT
Space Metallic Grey
Premium, Nav, Cold weather, Sport
Procede 2.5, DCI, Forge DV, PWM, Scoops, KW V1, ETS 5" FMIC, VRSF Downpipes, M3 Skirts
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 12:44 PM   #443
Flan1031
New Member
0
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: 2007 BMW 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

No Offense taken...the dyno was done at complete stock. With the tune he said I should be in mid 350-370hp and 398 tq and 15-16psi
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 11:13 PM   #444
Boosted-M
First Lieutenant
15
Rep
328
Posts

Drives: F10 535D XDrive (USA)
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Northeast PA & NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flan1031
Hi All
I recently a few weeks ago traded my 06 330xi for a 07 335xi sedan auto. I was not exactly certain where to post my thread so I chose this one, since it talks about rear wheel drive on awd. I did a base run on the Dyno Dynamics and it didn't like the awd on the BMW so we pulled the fuse and tested in rear dirve. Let me know your thoughts with this but take it easy on me. I since then have installed BMS DCI and have done a stage 2 tune from local guys (ECUProgram)with 15 years experience and the Alpina B7 flash on tranny. I have been running this for over a week now and it's pretty fast. How fast...well my cousin has an 08 135i and on a dig I launched 5 cars and he could not cath up, on a roll at 40km/h it was even for a split sec and then was behind me at about 2 car lenghts and we stopped. Last one was at dig and gave him 1 car lenghts and waited till he hooked up his tires after that I launched, he had about 4 cars on me and by about 140km/h I was now beside him and pulling slowly (I say slowly) until I was ahead and we stopped. anyways I have not yet been able to dyno again cause waiting for DP from Mike at N54. Let me know your thoughts on Dyno...and your thoughts of BMS DCI with dp along side a custom stage 2 set up. I'm still figuring out my goals at this point and reading all of your posts. This is my daily driver and would like to know from all of you experts your gains with similar set up of mine



http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/18/1photoy.jpg/

252.2hp & 283tq (sorry pic aint the greatest)

thanks all!
I wonder if your had 100% of the power transferred to the rear wheels?
If so, I could Dyno my car very soon on my buddies 2wd Dyno jet
__________________
F10 535D XDrive (USA)
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 12:10 AM   #445
Flan1031
New Member
0
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: 2007 BMW 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

I would think so because there was a 335i coupe before me and he laid down around 260ish hp
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 06:20 PM   #446
sleeper6
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: 2008 335xi E92
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Also BMS doesn't make a downpipe for xi.[/quote]

http://www.burgertuning.com/BMW_135_downpipes.html

OP read up. Enjoy your new car!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 08:27 AM   #447
Romanianbimmer
Private First Class
1
Rep
183
Posts

Drives: 2010 335i xdrive
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Hot springs Arkansas.

iTrader: (0)

Has anyone figured this out yet?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 09:17 AM   #448
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Pseudo Nim's Avatar
56
Rep
4,764
Posts

Drives: fast, sometimes slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: i am a citizen of the world

iTrader: (9)

why is this thread not dead yet? we'll go from F30 to G30 to H30 and people will still be posting here. :P
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 02:58 PM   #449
Kruz
Major
Kruz's Avatar
13
Rep
1,065
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Website still says E90post.com.
__________________
07/07 E90 335xi SG
Black Dakota|Alum|ZSP|2AB|ZPP|ZCW|Nav|CA|6FL|PDC|Blackli nes|3M
Summers: 235/40/18 265/35/18 Hankook Ventus V12 on VMR 701s
A/S: 225/40/18 255/35/18 Pirelli PZero Nero M+S on OEM 162s
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #450
aakrusen
To Punish and Enslave
aakrusen's Avatar
7
Rep
204
Posts

Drives: with both hands on the wheel
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Under the hood

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2008 335xi  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruz View Post
Website still says E90post.com.
Points awarded to Kruz.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 09:47 PM   #451
Boosted-M
First Lieutenant
15
Rep
328
Posts

Drives: F10 535D XDrive (USA)
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Northeast PA & NJ

iTrader: (1)

I pulled fuse 26 (transfer case) and fuse 50 (wipers) on my 335xi 6AT And it disabled my jb4 g5 ISO soI had zero boost.. Anybody else have the same problem?

I think fuse 26 also supply's power to the jb4..
__________________
F10 535D XDrive (USA)
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2013, 05:20 PM   #452
Boosted-M
First Lieutenant
15
Rep
328
Posts

Drives: F10 535D XDrive (USA)
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Northeast PA & NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted-M
I pulled fuse 26 (transfer case) and fuse 50 (wipers) on my 335xi 6AT And it disabled my jb4 g5 ISO soI had zero boost.. Anybody else have the same problem?

I think fuse 26 also supply's power to the jb4..
Anybody try pulling the fuses with the JB4 and have the same problem??
__________________
F10 535D XDrive (USA)
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 01:53 PM   #453
335xi Kevo
Lieutenant
335xi Kevo's Avatar
10
Rep
502
Posts

Drives: 2008 335xi
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CT

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper6
Also BMS doesn't make a downpipe for xi.
http://www.burgertuning.com/BMW_135_downpipes.html

OP read up. Enjoy your new car![/quote]
Doesn't fit xi
__________________
08' 335xi 6MT
Space Metallic Grey
Premium, Nav, Cold weather, Sport
Procede 2.5, DCI, Forge DV, PWM, Scoops, KW V1, ETS 5" FMIC, VRSF Downpipes, M3 Skirts
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 09:38 PM   #454
littleE92
Douche in Training
0
Rep
40
Posts

Drives: 2011 335xi e92 6AT m-sport
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (0)

Not sure if everyone here is aware of the Alpina TCU flash, but maybe it is possible to flash the car to RWD in a similar fashion?

Instead of flashing the the EGS module with an Alpina number for Alpina's transmission algorithm, maybe it is possible to flash whatever module (DME?) that controls the xDrive with a RWD car's number?
__________________
2011 335Xi E92 Le Mans Blue 6AT M-sport with Exec and Nav package
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 10:06 PM   #455
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Pseudo Nim's Avatar
56
Rep
4,764
Posts

Drives: fast, sometimes slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: i am a citizen of the world

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleE92 View Post
Not sure if everyone here is aware of the Alpina TCU flash, but maybe it is possible to flash the car to RWD in a similar fashion?

Instead of flashing the the EGS module with an Alpina number for Alpina's transmission algorithm, maybe it is possible to flash whatever module (DME?) that controls the xDrive with a RWD car's number?
I'm not 100% certain on how you're proposing to flash away the existence of the front differential and the whole FWD drivetrain element, but I might just be a grumpy old man
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 11:30 PM   #456
littleE92
Douche in Training
0
Rep
40
Posts

Drives: 2011 335xi e92 6AT m-sport
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
I'm not 100% certain on how you're proposing to flash away the existence of the front differential and the whole FWD drivetrain element, but I might just be a grumpy old man
Well what is happening when people pull their fuses? When people pull the fuse are they pulling away the existence of the front diff and whole fwd drivetrain element? I don't think so...is it not just tricking the computer to run in RWD due to a malfunction in the xDrive?

Flashing the correct module that controls the xDrive with a RWD assembly number might just do the same "trick" minus any error lights.

Just a thought, I'm not saying it will work.
__________________
2011 335Xi E92 Le Mans Blue 6AT M-sport with Exec and Nav package
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 03:38 AM   #457
Amini77
Brigadier General
Amini77's Avatar
United_States
67
Rep
4,673
Posts

Drives: Jet Black F10 535i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tarzana, CA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleE92 View Post
Well what is happening when people pull their fuses? When people pull the fuse are they pulling away the existence of the front diff and whole fwd drivetrain element? I don't think so...is it not just tricking the computer to run in RWD due to a malfunction in the xDrive?

Flashing the correct module that controls the xDrive with a RWD assembly number might just do the same "trick" minus any error lights.

Just a thought, I'm not saying it will work.
I think it's possible, just a matter of who can make it. There must be a way to make some switch to cut the fuse off and turn it back on. Hopefully they don't only make it for the n54/n55 and also for the n52. It really does help in a drap too..you have AWD at launch, hit a switch to make it RWD, and all your power goes to the rear. Soo many times after high speeds I have friends starting to pull because of my AWD (and any AWD) system, it just doesn't pull as hard because the strain of turning 4 wheels. Hopefully it's possible
__________________
instagram: amini77
| Megan Coilovers | Vertini Magic | Toyo Tires | JB4 Stage 2 | ER Downpipe | ER Chargepipe | AFE Magnum Force Stage 2 |
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #458
heiltrading
Private First Class
heiltrading's Avatar
1
Rep
172
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: minneapolis

iTrader: (2)

Has any one tried to access the pressure switch connector for the transfer case? Id assume you could intersect the activation (voltage) and just add a switch. Someone should pull the wiring schematic and post to tread. I predict you will still get a 4x4 light but traction may stay active.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 01:27 AM   #459
Amini77
Brigadier General
Amini77's Avatar
United_States
67
Rep
4,673
Posts

Drives: Jet Black F10 535i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tarzana, CA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by heiltrading View Post
Has any one tried to access the pressure switch connector for the transfer case? Id assume you could intersect the activation (voltage) and just add a switch. Someone should pull the wiring schematic and post to tread. I predict you will still get a 4x4 light but traction may stay active.
We need a mad genius to do this for us lol the only reason I hate pulling the fuse is because I also lose ABS...scary lol
__________________
instagram: amini77
| Megan Coilovers | Vertini Magic | Toyo Tires | JB4 Stage 2 | ER Downpipe | ER Chargepipe | AFE Magnum Force Stage 2 |
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2013, 05:53 PM   #460
Davecrobison
New Member
0
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: 2010 328i xdrive
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Knoxville Tennesse

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amdahl
Also, I believe that when the car is off and in Park, the front is not engaged. You could probably prove this on a lift.
I'm with you on this one.when My car reaches 10mph I hear 5-6 pops and then it's all good,even if I put it in reverse/neutral/park,drive.until I turn the car off and it sets for over 30 seconds(powers off completely ) Upon fresh start and accelerating to 10 mph I get the poppin again.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 03:01 AM   #461
Oxy-
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: TBD yet
Join Date: May 2013
Location: EU

iTrader: (0)

Hello All,

this is my first post. Yes, I registered as soon as read this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ********* View Post
OK I am confirming that fuse #20 for my '06 330xi disables the AWD.
Would anyone know if this works on '07+ 330xi (N53 engine) E92? I guess, no reason why it shouldn't.

Overall, I was very excited to find this thread! As most of you, I also have difficult weather which needs AWD, but really enjoy RWD. After reading it all through, I understood that my next dream car is a naturally aspirated BMW xDrive coupe, which can be transformed to an RWD with a press of a button With an aftermarket LSD in the rear...

BTW, have you tried to intercept the wires going to a servo motor in the transfer case, as opposed to pulling the fuse?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 02:48 AM   #462
Romanianbimmer
Private First Class
1
Rep
183
Posts

Drives: 2010 335i xdrive
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Hot springs Arkansas.

iTrader: (0)

Any updates I really want to know if anyone has resolved this wiry coding or programming.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:39 AM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST