E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > ConnectedDrive without FSC Code



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-11-2013, 03:42 PM   #1
Striker169
New Member
0
Rep
10
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin, Tx.

iTrader: (0)

Question ConnectedDrive without FSC Code

I have a December 2010 build date E90 with the following options:

06FL iPod and USB adapter
06NF Smartphone Integration
06VC Combox controller

I have the combox already but I don't have ConnectedDrive and have been told that it is a matter of upgrading the Combox firmware to a specific version to enable it without an FSC code. Does anyone know what version of firmware I need to be on everything to make this work?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 06:51 PM   #2
Technic
Lieutenant General
Technic's Avatar
United_States
174
Rep
11,205
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 320i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Any version between 03/11 and 08/11 will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker169 View Post
I have a December 2010 build date E90 with the following options:

06FL iPod and USB adapter
06NF Smartphone Integration
06VC Combox controller

I have the combox already but I don't have ConnectedDrive and have been told that it is a matter of upgrading the Combox firmware to a specific version to enable it without an FSC code. Does anyone know what version of firmware I need to be on everything to make this work?
__________________
-2015 F30 320i, Imperial/Oyster, 8AT: August 2014 ED
-2012 E92 M3 Jerez Black/Rust Brown, M-DCT: Gone
-2008 E90 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo, 6MT: Gone
-2007 MK5 GTI United Grey/Grey, DSG: Gone
-2004 E46 M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon, 6MT: Gone
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 09:29 PM   #3
Striker169
New Member
0
Rep
10
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin, Tx.

iTrader: (0)

Do you know by chance which actual version #'s would fall in that range?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 10:10 PM   #4
Dracon
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
32
Rep
1,078
Posts


 
Drives: 2006 330i E90
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville, TN

iTrader: (21)

You can't go any higher than ISTA/P 2.42 otherwise you need an FSC code.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 11:16 PM   #5
Striker169
New Member
0
Rep
10
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin, Tx.

iTrader: (0)

Thanks! Do y'all think that I should also update the fw on the cic at the same time? If so what version should I go up to?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 09:12 PM   #6
Dracon
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
32
Rep
1,078
Posts


 
Drives: 2006 330i E90
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville, TN

iTrader: (21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker169
Thanks! Do y'all think that I should also update the fw on the cic at the same time? If so what version should I go up to?
It's the CIC that can't go past 2.42. I don't think it matters if the combox runs 2.42 or higher.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 04:00 AM   #7
ajsunshine
New Member
0
Rep
4
Posts

 
Drives: bmw
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: poland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracon View Post
It's the CIC that can't go past 2.42. I don't think it matters if the combox runs 2.42 or higher.
yes, Combox can got v46 v48 etc. but CIC version can't go past 2.42
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 08:43 AM   #8
Striker169
New Member
0
Rep
10
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin, Tx.

iTrader: (0)

So I went to the dealer and my friend checked and I am on version 2.43 so I cannot get it without an FSC code, he tried to get one with a repair order but it would not let him. Does anyone have a part number or any ideas on how to get the fsc code? He said he can get it to work if I can get the code.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 12:39 PM   #9
deepsrd
Second Lieutenant
deepsrd's Avatar
3
Rep
201
Posts

 
Drives: 325i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Dublin, IE

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker169 View Post
So I went to the dealer and my friend checked and I am on version 2.43 so I cannot get it without an FSC code, he tried to get one with a repair order but it would not let him. Does anyone have a part number or any ideas on how to get the fsc code? He said he can get it to work if I can get the code.
My dealer was able to find it in a jiffy..
It is a 6NR Activation code..

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 01:13 PM   #10
Striker169
New Member
0
Rep
10
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin, Tx.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsrd View Post
My dealer was able to find it in a jiffy..
It is a 6NR Activation code..

Cheers.
I think that might be because you are not in the USA... its available easily as a retrofit everywhere but here
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #11
deepsrd
Second Lieutenant
deepsrd's Avatar
3
Rep
201
Posts

 
Drives: 325i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Dublin, IE

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker169 View Post
I think that might be because you are not in the USA... its available easily as a retrofit everywhere but here
Oh, dint think of the sea in between.. :-)
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #12
bmwretrofit
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
bmwretrofit's Avatar
Canada
40
Rep
626
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker169 View Post
So I went to the dealer and my friend checked and I am on version 2.43 so I cannot get it without an FSC code, he tried to get one with a repair order but it would not let him. Does anyone have a part number or any ideas on how to get the fsc code? He said he can get it to work if I can get the code.
We can help with the FSC code ordering from BMW dealer, please send us an email with your VIN, and we will be happy to help info@bimmerretrofit.com
__________________
_________________
Bimmer Retrofit Inc.
Tel: +1.450.844.4655 | email: info@bimmerretrofit.com | www.bimmerretrofit.com | Bimmer Retrofit Support Forums
CIC and NBT retrofit kits, Safety and Security Systems Retrofits, Multimedia Retrofits, etc.


Last edited by bmwretrofit; 05-20-2013 at 02:53 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2013, 06:51 AM   #13
ajsunshine
New Member
0
Rep
4
Posts

 
Drives: bmw
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: poland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker169 View Post
So I went to the dealer and my friend checked and I am on version 2.43 so I cannot get it without an FSC code, he tried to get one with a repair order but it would not let him. Does anyone have a part number or any ideas on how to get the fsc code? He said he can get it to work if I can get the code.


If you want to start apps, you have to go to the dealer and buy fsc code(FSC which activate APPS).... it cost about 250USD
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:27 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST