E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts > New - Low Temp Thermostat - LOWER OIL TEMPS



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-19-2013, 09:12 AM   #1
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

Posts: 14,589
iTrader: (86)

New - Low Temp Thermostat - LOWER OIL TEMPS



ONLY $59.00

Order Link
http://www.n54tuning.com/index.php?_...&productId=125


Easily lower your engines operating temperature for maximum driving performance!!

135 335 535 N54 and N55 Motors

Maintaining higher oil temperatures reduces emissions at the factory power levels but puts your engine cooling at a serious disadvantage at higher power levels. This simple device lowers your oil temperatures by bypassing the factory oil cooling thermostat and allowing oil to circulate through your oil cooler full time. The result is dramatically lower oil temperatures and more consistent engine performance. Engine oil warm-up time is only marginally increased. Installs in minutes and is fully reversible.

Applications:

1 Series
• 2008-2013 E82 Coupe 135i / 1M
• 2008-2013 E88 Convertible 135i

3 Series
• 2008-2011 E90 Sedan 335i / 335xi
• 2008-2011 E91 Touring 335i / 335xi
• 2008-2013 E92 Coupe 335i / 335xi
• 2008-2013 E93 Convertible 335i / 335xi

5 Series
• 2008-2009 E60 Sedan 535i / 535xi
• 2008-2009 E61 Touring 535i / 535xi



Please check to be sure you have a factory oil cooler on your vehicle before ordering. Low temperature thermostat upgrade location highlighted in yellow in the above photo. Vehicles without a factory oil cooler can not use this upgrade.

Order Link
http://www.n54tuning.com/index.php?_...&productId=125
Mike@N54Tuning.com is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #2
Crulexis
First Lieutenant
 
Crulexis's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335i // E92
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto - GTA

Posts: 330
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post


ONLY $59.00

Order Link
http://www.n54tuning.com/index.php?_...&productId=125


Easily lower your engines operating temperature for maximum driving performance!!

135 335 535 N54 and N55 Motors

Maintaining higher oil temperatures reduces emissions at the factory power levels but puts your engine cooling at a serious disadvantage at higher power levels. This simple device lowers your oil temperatures by bypassing the factory oil cooling thermostat and allowing oil to circulate through your oil cooler full time. The result is dramatically lower oil temperatures and more consistent engine performance. Engine oil warm-up time is only marginally increased. Installs in minutes and is fully reversible.

Applications:

1 Series
• 2008-2013 E82 Coupe 135i / 1M
• 2008-2013 E88 Convertible 135i

3 Series
• 2008-2011 E90 Sedan 335i / 335xi
• 2008-2011 E91 Touring 335i / 335xi
• 2008-2013 E92 Coupe 335i / 335xi
• 2008-2013 E93 Convertible 335i / 335xi

5 Series
• 2008-2009 E60 Sedan 535i / 535xi
• 2008-2009 E61 Touring 535i / 535xi



Please check to be sure you have a factory oil cooler on your vehicle before ordering. Low temperature thermostat upgrade location highlighted in yellow in the above photo. Vehicles without a factory oil cooler can not use this upgrade.

Order Link
http://www.n54tuning.com/index.php?_...&productId=125
how do you install this mike?
__________________
E92 335i 6MT | Jet Black | Saddle Brown
COBB AP | VRSF Catless D.P's | BMS DCI | BMW Performance 313 Rims | Gloss Black Kidney Grills | LUX V8 V3's | WeissLicht PY24W
Crulexis is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2013, 04:25 PM   #3
GOTMH8N
Stay Classy
 
GOTMH8N's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: c

Posts: 1,022
iTrader: (2)

Interesting
GOTMH8N is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2013, 05:54 PM   #4
akotten
Major
 
akotten's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rapid City, SD

Posts: 1,037
iTrader: (2)

What material is this made of? (specific polymer)
__________________
TC Kline S/A | Vorshlag Camber Plates | ///M Bushings & ARB | CP-e DPs | VRSF FMIC | Procede 2.5 w/ OpenFlash | DCI |
akotten is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2013, 04:26 PM   #5
DeeDubauWhy
o.O
 
Drives: 08 E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Haslet, TX

Posts: 55
iTrader: (0)

just looking at this today...i understand the description but how significant of an improvment is this? are there pro's and con's of such (i.e. CEL?), thanks for any feedback mike!
DeeDubauWhy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #6
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

Posts: 14,589
iTrader: (86)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDubauWhy View Post
just looking at this today...i understand the description but how significant of an improvment is this? are there pro's and con's of such (i.e. CEL?), thanks for any feedback mike!
No CEL, or anything like that. It basically removes the thermostat which allows the oil to circulate through the oil cooler constantly keeping the temp down.

We have a new look on it as well.. Anodized Red. Not that you will ever see it once installed LOL



Does not work on 2007, only 2008+

Mike

Last edited by Mike@N54Tuning.com; 03-27-2013 at 07:52 PM.
Mike@N54Tuning.com is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2013, 06:50 PM   #7
sjobusen
New Member
 
Drives: BMW 335i Coupé
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden

Posts: 28
iTrader: (0)

I have a 2007 335 e92? this item will not fit then?
sjobusen is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-27-2013, 07:48 PM   #8
turborevdboy11
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 808

Posts: 159
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjobusen View Post
I have a 2007 335 e92? this item will not fit then?
+1
turborevdboy11 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-30-2013, 09:24 PM   #9
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

Posts: 14,589
iTrader: (86)

Does not work on the 2007s unfortunately.

Mike
Mike@N54Tuning.com is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-30-2013, 09:27 PM   #10
akotten
Major
 
akotten's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rapid City, SD

Posts: 1,037
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
Does not work on the 2007s unfortunately.

Mike
What's so different on the 07 oil filter housing?
__________________
TC Kline S/A | Vorshlag Camber Plates | ///M Bushings & ARB | CP-e DPs | VRSF FMIC | Procede 2.5 w/ OpenFlash | DCI |
akotten is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2013, 07:32 AM   #11
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

Posts: 14,589
iTrader: (86)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akotten View Post
What's so different on the 07 oil filter housing?
Mike@N54Tuning.com is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2013, 06:52 PM   #12
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

Posts: 14,589
iTrader: (86)

Bump for a great new product..

Mike
Mike@N54Tuning.com is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-21-2013, 01:23 PM   #13
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

Posts: 14,589
iTrader: (86)

In stock and ready to ship @ www.n54tuning.com

Mike
Mike@N54Tuning.com is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #14
greensto
Wild Card
 
greensto's Avatar
 
Drives: Black 135i
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

Posts: 507
iTrader: (2)

Just received mine! So what are the steps to install it and the tools required for the n54? The DIY you have on your sit is an n55 engine...
__________________

Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you


greensto is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-05-2013, 09:06 PM   #15
ken1137
Brigadier General
 
ken1137's Avatar
 
Drives: a slow 2009 e90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago

Posts: 3,697
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2009 e90 335i  [3.20]
Huh, not expensive so I'll give it a try. I guess worse case just remove as you would if you need to visit the dealer for oil concerns.
__________________

BMWCCA member
ken1137 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-20-2013, 09:11 AM   #16
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: 07335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Earth

Posts: 14,589
iTrader: (86)

In stock and ready to ship @ www.n54tuning.com

Mike
Mike@N54Tuning.com is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST