E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Those with Racing seats...Airbag question



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-16-2010, 11:59 PM   #1
Dav8y_d
05050505050505
 
Dav8y_d's Avatar
 
Drives: Advan
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SF, Bay Area

Posts: 21,118
iTrader: (26)

Those with Racing seats...Airbag question

Hey guys,

I'm looking into getting a drivers side Sparco Seat. I believe I've found a mount that fits, and I have everything I need to install it but any ideas about the airbag?

Those of you with seats out there or know about it, please chime in...I would love to get a seat but a airbag error would probably drive me insane. Is there a way to disable/de-activate the airbag or possibly a module?

Thanks
__________________
LTMotorWerks | EuroProjektz
Dav8y_d is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-17-2010, 05:17 AM   #2
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
 
Mahhvinn's Avatar
 
Drives: backwards
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Jose, CA (Bay Area)

Posts: 7,902
iTrader: (15)

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [3.50]
David, I believe EAS has an airbag emulator which will disable it. Good luck. I'm trying to get a set of Recaros or Brides for my car.
__________________
LTMW|SPEEDELEMENT|EUROPROJEKTZ

#TeamStretchNPoke
Mahhvinn is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-17-2010, 03:48 PM   #3
Dav8y_d
05050505050505
 
Dav8y_d's Avatar
 
Drives: Advan
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SF, Bay Area

Posts: 21,118
iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Truong View Post
David, I believe EAS has an airbag emulator which will disable it. Good luck. I'm trying to get a set of Recaros or Brides for my car.
Coo, yea I got some info from Brandon too...thanks man! good luck with getting those seats.

looks like all I need is the plug in module...or maybe doba can program, I'll have to check with him.
__________________
LTMotorWerks | EuroProjektz
Dav8y_d is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-17-2010, 06:47 PM   #4
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
 
Mahhvinn's Avatar
 
Drives: backwards
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Jose, CA (Bay Area)

Posts: 7,902
iTrader: (15)

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SES_D View Post
Coo, yea I got some info from Brandon too...thanks man! good luck with getting those seats.

looks like all I need is the plug in module...or maybe doba can program, I'll have to check with him.
Awesome! Good luck with everything! By the way, let's chill soon!
__________________
LTMW|SPEEDELEMENT|EUROPROJEKTZ

#TeamStretchNPoke
Mahhvinn is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-18-2010, 12:16 PM   #5
david @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
david @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Anaheim

Posts: 4,056
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Truong View Post
David, I believe EAS has an airbag emulator which will disable it. Good luck. I'm trying to get a set of Recaros or Brides for my car.
+1

We've got it right here:


Macht Schnell - OC3 Seat Occupancy Sensor Emulation Module

- The ability to run racing seats with no system errors, allowing full integration
- Elimination of “Passenger Restraint Error” messages on both iDrive and OBC cluster displays while in use
- Proper emulation of passenger OC3 Seat Occupancy Sensor
- Optional emulation of seatbelt receptacles (fastened position for both driver & passenger) for those running race harnesses
- Allows the use of BMW Performance Seats, which are not compatible with US models
- Completely removable at any time

PM me for more info
david @ eas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-18-2010, 01:33 PM   #6
Patrys@BimmerTech
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Patrys@BimmerTech's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Warsaw/Poland

Posts: 1,548
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SES_D View Post
Coo, yea I got some info from Brandon too...thanks man! good luck with getting those seats.

looks like all I need is the plug in module...or maybe doba can program, I'll have to check with him.
Just find somebody who can code it for you...
__________________
BimmerTech
Phone (USA): (646) 439-7920 (7:00am - 3:00pm ET) :: info@bimmer-tech.net :: www.bimmer-tech.net
Installation facilities worldwide.


Patrys@BimmerTech is offline   Poland
0
Reply With Quote
      08-18-2010, 06:23 PM   #7
Dav8y_d
05050505050505
 
Dav8y_d's Avatar
 
Drives: Advan
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SF, Bay Area

Posts: 21,118
iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurrian @ eas View Post
+1

We've got it right here:


Macht Schnell - OC3 Seat Occupancy Sensor Emulation Module

- The ability to run racing seats with no system errors, allowing full integration
- Elimination of “Passenger Restraint Error” messages on both iDrive and OBC cluster displays while in use
- Proper emulation of passenger OC3 Seat Occupancy Sensor
- Optional emulation of seatbelt receptacles (fastened position for both driver & passenger) for those running race harnesses
- Allows the use of BMW Performance Seats, which are not compatible with US models
- Completely removable at any time

PM me for more info
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrys View Post
Just find somebody who can code it for you...

Thanks guys, appreciate the help...I'll consider both options.
__________________
LTMotorWerks | EuroProjektz
Dav8y_d is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-18-2011, 10:08 PM   #8
porto
New Member
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Toronto

Posts: 22
iTrader: (0)

hey what rails did you end up getting?

trying to find rails that will work with sparco seats for my e90

may thanks in advance
porto is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2011, 08:15 AM   #9
chicagob5
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 07 335i sedan
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago

Posts: 258
iTrader: (0)

i was looking into this too.

is it possible to code the bag light off?
chicagob5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2011, 01:32 PM   #10
l4wr3nc3
The Law.
 
l4wr3nc3's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Rowland Heights, CA

Posts: 14,281
iTrader: (17)

Send a message via AIM to l4wr3nc3
I'm happy to say, it IS possible to code all the errors away (although i only know of 2-3 people that can do it). Can't even begin to explain how happy i am to see the error lights gone. Pending your seat setup, you'll need to code the system restraint malfunction, occupancy mat, and seatbelt receptacle error.


---edit-----

Coding has been confirmed to work on multiple post march 07 - 2011.5 e9x 3xx and m3's. I can't confirm if it'll work on pre-march 07 and earlier cars as their coding functionality is quite different and limited as is.
__________________

2008 Lotus Exige S240 | 2007 BMW 335i

Last edited by l4wr3nc3; 08-19-2011 at 01:52 PM.
l4wr3nc3 is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2011, 01:57 PM   #11
Elliott@DetailAddict
Brigadier General
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Santa Clara, CA

Posts: 4,448
iTrader: (0)

Yup I can code it for ya.

We can also retrofit the performance seats to the US spec cars
Elliott@DetailAddict is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2011, 03:44 PM   #12
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

Posts: 9,973
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by l4wr3nc3 View Post
I'm happy to say, it IS possible to code all the errors away (although i only know of 2-3 people that can do it). Can't even begin to explain how happy i am to see the error lights gone. Pending your seat setup, you'll need to code the system restraint malfunction, occupancy mat, and seatbelt receptacle error.


---edit-----

Coding has been confirmed to work on multiple post march 07 - 2011.5 e9x 3xx and m3's. I can't confirm if it'll work on pre-march 07 and earlier cars as their coding functionality is quite different and limited as is.
Yes - we just completed Constantin's G-Power e90M3 Recaro install and coded out the front seats since he was local to our facility.

Be sure to look for his M3 at Motion this Sunday at Long Beach Convention Center.
__________________
Tom G. | european auto source (eas)
email: tom@europeanautosource.com · web: www.europeanautosource.com · tel 866.669.0705 · ca: 714.369.8524 x22

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
tom @ eas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2011, 04:02 PM   #13
CodeByNight
New Member
 
Drives: E9X's
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California

Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)

Bee Emm Double-U Coding dot com/showthread.php?954-E9X-Airbag-Coding&p=8669#post8669 If you want to take a crack at it yourself, or know someone....
__________________

^Outdated. I did Instant MPG recently.
CodeByNight is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2011, 04:10 PM   #14
l4wr3nc3
The Law.
 
l4wr3nc3's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Rowland Heights, CA

Posts: 14,281
iTrader: (17)

Send a message via AIM to l4wr3nc3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeByNight View Post
Bee Emm Double-U Coding dot com/showthread.php?954-E9X-Airbag-Coding&p=8669#post8669 If you want to take a crack at it yourself, or know someone....
Go get'em Robin!
__________________

2008 Lotus Exige S240 | 2007 BMW 335i
l4wr3nc3 is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      12-26-2011, 08:14 PM   #15
monkey_wrench
Caught the Bimmer-Bug
 
monkey_wrench's Avatar
 
Drives: '06 330i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Florida

Posts: 660
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeByNight View Post
Bee Emm Double-U Coding dot com/showthread.php?954-E9X-Airbag-Coding&p=8669#post8669 If you want to take a crack at it yourself, or know someone....
I wonder if I set OC3 to NA, but leave the airbags, what will happen.

I don't have racing seats, but am getting OC errors intermittently.
monkey_wrench is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST