E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > After today, Harold and HP Autowerks are one of the best vendors here.

04-16-2013, 03:25 PM   #1
iDriveSlo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe M-Sport Lemans blue

Garage List
After today, Harold and HP Autowerks are one of the best vendors here.

So I will be brief but here is my story, and why I now officially love HP Autowerks and what harold does over there.

I ordered a Wavetrac LSD from Harold a couple weeks back for my 09 335i.
He did not have any on hand in stock so contacted wavetrac who did, and arranged for drop shipment from them to me. I called Fall Line Motorsports here in the Chicago area and scheduled my install for this morning.

Got there this morning LSD in hand and dropped the car off. Patiently waiting for the ready call so I can now shred both my tires at the same time instead of one Call comes...car is apart on the rack, LSD is the wrong one. I had gotten the larger one for 07 cars. They suggested I do the obvious and contact Harold.

I pulled up my order invoice first to ensure I didn't screw up and order the wrong one which I did not, then called Harold. Explained the situation said I verified my order was for correct part, he checks his correspondence with wavetrac, also for the correct part. So we now know that wavetrac dropped the ball screwed up my order and shipped me the wrong LSD, it was not even Harold's fault and nothing he could have done to prevent it.

I express my dissatisfaction with the situation, especially since I am now hours deep in shop time at fall line. I asked if he had the correct unit on hand to overnight so I dont have to reassemble and go back again. He did not. He called wavetrac, they did not. Said he would call me back. Phone rings 2 minutes later and says I have the quaife in stock for your car I can overnight it to the shop free of charge, and for the same price as the wavetrac(which he already gave me an amazing deal on) I said ok let's do it. 10 minutes later I got a tracking number from him, scheduled delivery tomorrow by 10:30.

This whole exchange between the shop, myself, and Harold was a total of maybe 20 minutes. He was immediately apologetic even though it was not his fault in any way, and went above and beyond to make it right immediately. Not to mention he is now losing a decent bit of money on this deal. Essentially selling a quaife for under $1200, paying for overnight express FedEx which from cali on a 25lb package is well over $100, and paying return shipping on the incorrect wavetrac. That is what I consider absolutely stellar customer service, and I can guarantee that in the future if Harold and HP Autowerks has something I am looking for I will come to them first, and so should you!

Hat's off to you today Harold, job well done. Customer service like that nowadays is a true rarity.
      04-16-2013, 03:35 PM   #2
iDriveSlo
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Thank you for moving this, haha didn't see this section for some reason.
      04-16-2013, 10:32 PM   #3
napeHbNYC
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e60 550i RWD 6MT

That is a very rare example of good customer service nowadays. Hat off...

On the side note, mind asking the install charge(so I know the ball park for my install)?
      04-16-2013, 10:37 PM   #4
WickedB
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Convertible

Good to know, thanks. I want LSD! How long does it take a decent shop to install?

Edit: napeHbNYC and I think alike.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 10:59 PM   #5
iDriveSlo
Captain
Rep

Garage List
$530 at Fall Line which is as reputable as a shop can get. 1 day install.
      04-17-2013, 10:07 PM   #6
zibawal
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5D

Who has the best price on super charger and akropovic exhaust system for m3?
Appreciate 0