E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > VAC Motorsports | 335D Quaife ATB Group Buy



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-18-2013, 12:19 AM   #23
Ryebread
Diesel Fitter
Ryebread's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
401
Posts

 
Drives: 335d m-sport LMB
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Philaburbia

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Beyond thread jack, it should be removed.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 12:34 AM   #24
335dwagon
Private First Class
335dwagon's Avatar
Germany
2
Rep
117
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335D wagon
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Filderstadt, Deutschland

iTrader: (0)

How long does it take to respond to a thread by VAC?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 09:22 AM   #25
Brian_VACsales
Captain
Brian_VACsales's Avatar
66
Rep
951
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 VF Supercharged, 135i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA

iTrader: (0)

I have love for Harold, but posting his stuff in my thread is in poor taste IMO. I'd ask that you edit that out.

With that said, we are selling 'final drives' that include a LSD unit. The LSD unit can be manufactured by Quaife, OS Giken, KAAZ etc. You still have to assemble the unit and that process is detailed in my original post. $1200 is the cost for just the unit.

The labor will vary dramatically if it is a welded or bolted final drive too. All of that is explained in my original post



Quote:
Originally Posted by taibanl View Post
I must be missing something....why is this posters cost on an LSD $1200??


Edit: not trying to quibble, I'm sure there is a reason and I have to be curious.....
__________________
Brian Casella
Sales Representative, VAC Motorsports
Office: 215.462.4666 | Fax: 215.462.4667 | Email: brian@vacmotorsports.com
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 09:33 AM   #26
Brian_VACsales
Captain
Brian_VACsales's Avatar
66
Rep
951
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 VF Supercharged, 135i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335dwagon View Post
How long does it take to respond to a thread by VAC?
What else do you need to know? I must have missed something?
__________________
Brian Casella
Sales Representative, VAC Motorsports
Office: 215.462.4666 | Fax: 215.462.4667 | Email: brian@vacmotorsports.com
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 11:43 AM   #27
taibanl
Brigadier General
taibanl's Avatar
65
Rep
3,647
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NA

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@VAC
I have love for Harold, but posting his stuff in my thread is in poor taste IMO. I'd ask that you edit that out.

With that said, we are selling 'final drives' that include a LSD unit. The LSD unit can be manufactured by Quaife, OS Giken, KAAZ etc. You still have to assemble the unit and that process is detailed in my original post. $1200 is the cost for just the unit.

The labor will vary dramatically if it is a welded or bolted final drive too. All of that is explained in my original post



]
Edited per your request. I did not realize that fully half of the cost was your machining process For the final drive.

I'm sorry that you think my post was in poor taste. I'm quite close to being your customer. However, I Will not be an uninformed customer. It was simply a question that related to that post which I quoted that I happened to come across. I posted the whole thing because I was on my iPhone at the time and couldn't edit it down easily.

On that note, I might add that you're not posting in a for sale forum, You were posting in an information forum. I don't think any of us in this forum have a problem with that as you are giving specific service to the diesel... In fact I think most of us would quite rather the information right here. However, I think you should be prepared to expect posts such as mine in such a forum.

Thanks for your interest in the diesel community Mike.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 12:08 PM   #28
Ryebread
Diesel Fitter
Ryebread's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
401
Posts

 
Drives: 335d m-sport LMB
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Philaburbia

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
the thread is ok here, IMO.
if it were located anywhere else, it would be overlooked.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #29
Brian_VACsales
Captain
Brian_VACsales's Avatar
66
Rep
951
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 VF Supercharged, 135i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA

iTrader: (0)

I'm sure you saw where I was coming from, so thanks! Also, the Quaife is $1400 or so - Wavetrac is a bit cheaper.

Mike (known 335D fanboy)


Quote:
Originally Posted by taibanl View Post
Edited per your request. I did not realize that fully half of the cost was your machining process For the final drive.

I'm sorry that you think my post was in poor taste. I'm quite close to being your customer. However, I Will not be an uninformed customer. It was simply a question that related to that post which I quoted that I happened to come across. I posted the whole thing because I was on my iPhone at the time and couldn't edit it down easily.

On that note, I might add that you're not posting in a for sale forum, You were posting in an information forum. I don't think any of us in this forum have a problem with that as you are giving specific service to the diesel... In fact I think most of us would quite rather the information right here. However, I think you should be prepared to expect posts such as mine in such a forum.

Thanks for your interest in the diesel community Mike.
__________________
Brian Casella
Sales Representative, VAC Motorsports
Office: 215.462.4666 | Fax: 215.462.4667 | Email: brian@vacmotorsports.com

Last edited by Brian_VACsales; 04-18-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 08:21 PM   #30
MilehighM3
Colonel
MilehighM3's Avatar
21
Rep
2,184
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Colorado Springs

iTrader: (9)

I finally got around to installing it and some other goodies today. Of course it went without a hitch. Just one of many steps in making a nice dual purpose car.
Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2013, 04:53 PM   #31
animalchen
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 335d sport pkg
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Sequim, WA

iTrader: (0)

Group buy.

I'm interested in the item. I already checked out the VAC site. Trying to figure out how to get the discount.

Jeff
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2013, 10:48 AM   #32
cschmelz
New Member
1
Rep
19
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335D
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Yakima, WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalchen View Post
I'm interested in the item. I already checked out the VAC site. Trying to figure out how to get the discount.

Jeff
The LSD is getting VERY tempting for me on my 335D + JBD. I initially after getting the car though it was wearing bad tires, the amount of wheelspin I was seeing (and electronic nanny intervention) when pushing the car moderately, especially while turning in any way.

I presume the LSD would help in these situations as I think the car is responding to one wheel breaking loose in the back as I'm not pushing the car super hard.

Right?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #33
GreekboyD
Colonel
Canada
44
Rep
2,675
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 BMW 335d
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 335d  [3.75]
^^^Correct.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2013, 11:37 AM   #34
335dwagon
Private First Class
335dwagon's Avatar
Germany
2
Rep
117
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335D wagon
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Filderstadt, Deutschland

iTrader: (0)

Sent you a PM Mike@VAC, I would like to get one of these right away.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2013, 02:13 PM   #35
Brian_VACsales
Captain
Brian_VACsales's Avatar
66
Rep
951
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 VF Supercharged, 135i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA

iTrader: (0)

PM replied to
__________________
Brian Casella
Sales Representative, VAC Motorsports
Office: 215.462.4666 | Fax: 215.462.4667 | Email: brian@vacmotorsports.com
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
335d, differential, group buy, quaife, vac

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST