E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > HPFP upgrade intro pricing



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-17-2013, 01:06 AM   #45
badass335
Lieutenant Colonel
badass335's Avatar
Canada
33
Rep
1,816
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i E90 AT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Surrey, BC

iTrader: (10)

Just to double check. Does the $499 plus $100 core charge just cover the pump or pump and fuel rail? Trying to work out down time on the car. And if we decide to keep the stock pump, we just bite the $100 core charge? What about the fuel rail? Also, do we need any software updates to be done and how does this react to say stock mode if we take all the tunes out?
I'm assuming the pump will work like a stock pump but when called on by say a tuned car, supply more fuel?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 07:44 AM   #46
Tony@vargasturbotech
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Tony@vargasturbotech's Avatar
49
Rep
1,222
Posts


 
Drives: N54
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badass335 View Post
Just to double check. Does the $499 plus $100 core charge just cover the pump or pump and fuel rail? Trying to work out down time on the car. And if we decide to keep the stock pump, we just bite the $100 core charge? What about the fuel rail? Also, do we need any software updates to be done and how does this react to say stock mode if we take all the tunes out?
I'm assuming the pump will work like a stock pump but when called on by say a tuned car, supply more fuel?
That price covers everything, if you buy a new rail and send me back your old one I will refund another $100 to you. So its ends up not being too bad.
__________________
Vargas Turbocharger Technologies
N55 World Record: 477WHP / 509WTQ, 11.4 ET / 123MPH
N54 Stock Frame (100% E85) World Record: 645WHP / 654WTQ
N54 (ACN 91 octane only) World Record, Stock Motor: 573WHP / 537WTQ
FACEBOOK - INSTAGRAM - WEBSITE - EMAIL


Last edited by Tony@vargasturbotech; 04-17-2013 at 07:52 AM.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 08:02 AM   #47
Mangler
First Lieutenant
Mangler's Avatar
4
Rep
334
Posts

 
Drives: 08' 335i, ZHP 330i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Southeast

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
88 .  [0.00]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Was the fuel scaler in Cobb used or set to zero?

T
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 12:26 AM   #48
Dave W.
Lieutenant
4
Rep
497
Posts

 
Drives: Porsche 951, 1992 Eagle Talon
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Was the fuel scaler in Cobb used or set to zero?

T
+1
?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 05:23 PM   #49
07tundra
Major
United_States
17
Rep
1,128
Posts

 
Drives: TUNDRA
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Mexico

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargasturbotech View Post
Well, everyone has had these pumps in their hands for quite some time and couldn't figure it out. What we do is not readily visible unless you know what you are looking for. I am sure someone else will get it done soon. Thats just the nature of the game. I mean I wasn't the first to offer turbos for this platform, that is for sure. But I went my own route to do what I thought was better.
So is this upgrade good for running 100% e85?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 07:43 PM   #50
Crulexis
First Lieutenant
Crulexis's Avatar
Canada
4
Rep
330
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i // E92
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto - GTA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargasturbotech View Post
Well, everyone has had these pumps in their hands for quite some time and couldn't figure it out. What we do is not readily visible unless you know what you are looking for. I am sure someone else will get it done soon. Thats just the nature of the game. I mean I wasn't the first to offer turbos for this platform, that is for sure. But I went my own route to do what I thought was better.
So is this upgrade good for running 100% e85?
+1
__________________
E92 335i 6MT | Jet Black | Saddle Brown
COBB AP | VRSF Catless D.P's | BMS DCI | BMW Performance 313 Rims | Gloss Black Kidney Grills | LUX V8 V3's | WeissLicht PY24W
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 10:18 PM   #51
charrigan
Private First Class
1
Rep
116
Posts

 
Drives: 07 335i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

iTrader: (2)

I have a few questions you may not even answer.

On the vw fsi platform (which already has an established market for hpfp upgrades) many people found out the hard way with hpfp failures. 1 vendor uses a clean room to assemble pumps. 1 small spec of dust enters the pump and it can shorten the life of the pump significantly. What are you doing to prevent dust/dirt etc entering the pump chamber?

If you don't open up the pump then disregard my question. Hundreds of speed3/6 and fsi owners have gone through very expensive failures due to poor assembly of upgraded pumps.
__________________
07 e90 335i
06 Range Rover Sport
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 11:38 PM   #52
Tony@vargasturbotech
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Tony@vargasturbotech's Avatar
49
Rep
1,222
Posts


 
Drives: N54
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by charrigan View Post
I have a few questions you may not even answer.

On the vw fsi platform (which already has an established market for hpfp upgrades) many people found out the hard way with hpfp failures. 1 vendor uses a clean room to assemble pumps. 1 small spec of dust enters the pump and it can shorten the life of the pump significantly. What are you doing to prevent dust/dirt etc entering the pump chamber?

If you don't open up the pump then disregard my question. Hundreds of speed3/6 and fsi owners have gone through very expensive failures due to poor assembly of upgraded pumps.
The pumps you are referring to are cam driven piston style pumps, a completely different animal then the N54 pump. What you have learned from those does not apply to this pump. These work like a diesel injection pump, head and rotor with plungers. I won't get into it any further, but do not worry, we are not shortening the life of the pumps.
__________________
Vargas Turbocharger Technologies
N55 World Record: 477WHP / 509WTQ, 11.4 ET / 123MPH
N54 Stock Frame (100% E85) World Record: 645WHP / 654WTQ
N54 (ACN 91 octane only) World Record, Stock Motor: 573WHP / 537WTQ
FACEBOOK - INSTAGRAM - WEBSITE - EMAIL

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 12:28 AM   #53
07tundra
Major
United_States
17
Rep
1,128
Posts

 
Drives: TUNDRA
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Mexico

iTrader: (9)

So Tony 100% e85 yes or no check one. lol
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 01:15 AM   #54
Tony@vargasturbotech
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Tony@vargasturbotech's Avatar
49
Rep
1,222
Posts


 
Drives: N54
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07tundra View Post
So Tony 100% e85 yes or no check one. lol
Yes
__________________
Vargas Turbocharger Technologies
N55 World Record: 477WHP / 509WTQ, 11.4 ET / 123MPH
N54 Stock Frame (100% E85) World Record: 645WHP / 654WTQ
N54 (ACN 91 octane only) World Record, Stock Motor: 573WHP / 537WTQ
FACEBOOK - INSTAGRAM - WEBSITE - EMAIL

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 11:06 AM   #55
ksalih
First Lieutenant
ksalih's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
351
Posts

 
Drives: '08 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Gilbert, AZ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07tundra View Post
So Tony 100% e85 yes or no check one. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargasturbotech
Yes
without touching the lpfp?
__________________
'08 E92 335i Pre-LCI | Sparkling Graphite Metallic | VRSF Downpipes | JB4 G5 ISO | Mr. 5 Intake | Alpina B3 TCU Flash | NGK 5992 Plugs | More to Come...?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 02:31 PM   #56
Dmacc
Colonel
58
Rep
2,661
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nor Cal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksalih
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07tundra View Post
So Tony 100% e85 yes or no check one. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargasturbotech
Yes
without touching the lpfp?
No. Lpfp upgrade is necessary, stock won't be able to keep up with the requested flow with e85, upgrade your lpfp, then your hpfp
__________________

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 05:39 PM   #57
farbmw
Brigadier General
farbmw's Avatar
Trinidad_and_tobago
76
Rep
3,972
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M4 6SPD MANUAL!
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacc View Post
No. Lpfp upgrade is necessary, stock won't be able to keep up with the requested flow with e85, upgrade your lpfp, then your hpfp
Is this true Tony? @Vargasturbotech
__________________
Have BT Tool professional, will scan and clear codes on your BMW. And now I am able to code my 2011 335is and M4

Link to my M4 euro delivery! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1006526
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 05:47 PM   #58
Dmacc
Colonel
58
Rep
2,661
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nor Cal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by farbmw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacc View Post
No. Lpfp upgrade is necessary, stock won't be able to keep up with the requested flow with e85, upgrade your lpfp, then your hpfp
Is this true Tony? @Vargasturbotech
I could be wrong, but everything I've been reading for the past year or so has shown that the stock lpfp wouldn't meet demands with aggressive e85 mixes, it used to be suggested you buy a new stock lpfp if you wanted to run e85 and your old pump wasn't holding up, but they would fail quickly, then came the inline booster pump upgrade, as well as the walbro DIY.

I'm also running 100% e85 right now and my fuel trims are in check with ~21psi, no methanol. Just the inline booster pump.
__________________

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 06:35 PM   #59
Sered
Lieutenant
Sered's Avatar
5
Rep
596
Posts

 
Drives: 09 E93 M3 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Melbourne, FL

iTrader: (0)

Yes, you have to upgrade the stock LPFP. And to be honest, if you don't already know this, then you're most likely NOT at the limits of the HPFP.
__________________
'09 E93 M3 6MT, H&R sports, VMR710 19x9.5+22f 19x11+25r, Michelin PSS, VF540, AA TPs
'09 Z4 sDrive35i, Deep Sea Blue Metallic, DCT, Premium Pkg, Ivory Leather pkg
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 11:28 PM   #60
blisstik
Major
blisstik's Avatar
No_Country
21
Rep
1,335
Posts

 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacc
I'm also running 100% e85 right now and my fuel trims are in check with ~21psi, no methanol. Just the inline booster pump.
Stock turbos?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 07:30 PM   #61
jayg3378
Private First Class
1
Rep
122
Posts

 
Drives: 05 E46 M3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: MIA

iTrader: (0)

Stock hpfp went out

I purchased my e92 about a yr ago I just recently found out in a dealer visit that my car received a branded title for being a lemon car due to the fact the hpfp had been replaced multiple times.. I've driven over 10k with no issues now my hpfp went out and I want to know what's a good alternative pump I can use instead of the stock one again so I dont go threw this again Im stock now but planning on a Cobb tune,fmic,down pipes,and exhaust soon. What should I do?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 07:36 PM   #62
Lifted07Duramax
Major
26
Rep
1,359
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW red 335i coupe
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: springfield, mo

iTrader: (1)

Do your pumps decrease the chance of having the HPFP go out on people?
__________________
JB4 G5, VRSF catless DPs, FMIC, BMS DCI, Muffler Delete, Alpina B3 Flash, RB Turbos, BB Race Flash
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 08:40 PM   #63
Dmacc
Colonel
58
Rep
2,661
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nor Cal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blisstik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacc
I'm also running 100% e85 right now and my fuel trims are in check with ~21psi, no methanol. Just the inline booster pump.
Stock turbos?
Yes sir
__________________

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2013, 08:45 AM   #64
Japsfinest
Private First Class
2
Rep
117
Posts

 
Drives: E90 N54
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Central Florida

iTrader: (1)

Tony or Jake: if I were to install this pump upgrade on a completely stock car, would I be running rich with no tune? I assume that the car has some type of stock fuel regulator and that injectors are controlling spray so even though I have the additional flowing capabilities by way of the pump my current performance will have absolutely no change and I will not realize the benefits of this until I tune injector flow rate and have the hardware to take advantage of the additional fuel. AM I correct?
Thanks for your response in advanced..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #65
Wedge1967
Banned
United_States
25
Rep
2,172
Posts

 
Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacc View Post
Yes sir
haha, I miss 21psi.. I went back to stock to get my turbo's replaced and haven't had the time to put my car back together.

Isn't timing and boost on e85 wonderful.. Wish you were at Shift S3ctor, it would have been cool to see how your car was running.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2013, 10:16 AM   #66
Sered
Lieutenant
Sered's Avatar
5
Rep
596
Posts

 
Drives: 09 E93 M3 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Melbourne, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japsfinest View Post
Tony or Jake: if I were to install this pump upgrade on a completely stock car, would I be running rich with no tune? I assume that the car has some type of stock fuel regulator and that injectors are controlling spray so even though I have the additional flowing capabilities by way of the pump my current performance will have absolutely no change and I will not realize the benefits of this until I tune injector flow rate and have the hardware to take advantage of the additional fuel. AM I correct?
Thanks for your response in advanced..
I'm not Tony or Jake, but:

No, the DME handles excess HPFP flow by dialing back the trims. The N54 fuel system is a good bit different than you describe and the control systems much more advanced than a normal car, you should read up on it; it's quite interesting.

You don't need to tune injector flow rates, but yes you won't get anything out of this pump until you upgrade the turbos; it's for people pushing >550-600whp
__________________
'09 E93 M3 6MT, H&R sports, VMR710 19x9.5+22f 19x11+25r, Michelin PSS, VF540, AA TPs
'09 Z4 sDrive35i, Deep Sea Blue Metallic, DCT, Premium Pkg, Ivory Leather pkg
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST