E90Post
 


jb4store
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > COBB AccessPORT for the 2011 BMW 135, 335i and 335xi



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-08-2013, 08:53 PM   #485
drallafi
Enlisted Member
0

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: AZ


Posts: 32
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a-banner View Post
I wonder how many people on here are waiting to buy an ap or the cobb fmic until stage 2+ comes out
Man at this point I'm wondering if it actually *is* coming out.

I mean I'm glad they're taking the time to tune it right, but the occasional update would be nice.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2013, 09:46 PM   #486
iuhutch
First Lieutenant
4

 
Drives: 2013 BMW 135i Msport
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minneapolis, MN


Posts: 373
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drallafi View Post
Apparently the N55 is a pain in the arse to crack. Lots of variables. Just hang in there it shouldn't be much longer. Would be nice to have for the summer, though.
Its already been cracked...they just need to finish the map for stage2+....not sure why it is taking so long, i'd assume its gotta be similar to stage1+ with an additional outgoing exhaust flow w/o the dp?

I too am interested in this as it will drive me towards a purchase of FMIC + DP. I have 10 months left on warranty so not doing until then anyhow. Potential for June 2014!?....
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2013, 09:42 PM   #487
Th3xf4ctor
Lieutenant
7

 
Th3xf4ctor's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW E90 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Dallas, Texas


Posts: 500
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 335I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iuhutch View Post
Its already been cracked...they just need to finish the map for stage2+....not sure why it is taking so long, i'd assume its gotta be similar to stage1+ with an additional outgoing exhaust flow w/o the dp?

I too am interested in this as it will drive me towards a purchase of FMIC + DP. I have 10 months left on warranty so not doing until then anyhow. Potential for June 2014!?....
Would be nice for them to release revision 2 of these maps in general...I'm having a problem with building boost....Right now just with the sports tune, sometimes the car when im barely on the throttle or when i hit it and turbo starts to spool, you hear it trying to build boost but having trouble...best way to describe my problem is if you blow air and then inhale and repeat a few times...thats what the car does and it lurches when doing that. After a few seconds of that its fine. I finally decided to unistall the tune since it was worrying me. I have no vac leak or anything. Hopefully revision 2 will fix this. Also I need to take my car in because even with the stock tune now I have wastegate rattle. Sucks....
__________________
2011 335i Sedan M Sport/Le Mans Blue Metallic/Glacier Aluminum Trim/Heated Seats/Premium Package/Black Leather/Ipod Adapter/Paddles/FormulaOne Tint/Matte Black Grilles/AA Signature Exhaust/AA Chargepipe/ Cobb Stage 1 Aggressive

2007 328i Coupe Sport/Matte Black Kidney's/3M Tint----Lemon'ed
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 01:49 PM   #488
Th3xf4ctor
Lieutenant
7

 
Th3xf4ctor's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW E90 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Dallas, Texas


Posts: 500
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 335I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3xf4ctor View Post
Would be nice for them to release revision 2 of these maps in general...I'm having a problem with building boost....Right now just with the sports tune, sometimes the car when im barely on the throttle or when i hit it and turbo starts to spool, you hear it trying to build boost but having trouble...best way to describe my problem is if you blow air and then inhale and repeat a few times...thats what the car does and it lurches when doing that. After a few seconds of that its fine. I finally decided to unistall the tune since it was worrying me. I have no vac leak or anything. Hopefully revision 2 will fix this. Also I need to take my car in because even with the stock tune now I have wastegate rattle. Sucks....

Just got a message from Cobb on their facebook page saying they have made some amazing breakthroughs and updates are coming very soon.
__________________
2011 335i Sedan M Sport/Le Mans Blue Metallic/Glacier Aluminum Trim/Heated Seats/Premium Package/Black Leather/Ipod Adapter/Paddles/FormulaOne Tint/Matte Black Grilles/AA Signature Exhaust/AA Chargepipe/ Cobb Stage 1 Aggressive

2007 328i Coupe Sport/Matte Black Kidney's/3M Tint----Lemon'ed
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 03:26 PM   #489
big_gtr
Enlisted Member
Indonesia
0

 
big_gtr's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i N55 2011 Black
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: indonesia


Posts: 32
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3xf4ctor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3xf4ctor View Post
Would be nice for them to release revision 2 of these maps in general...I'm having a problem with building boost....Right now just with the sports tune, sometimes the car when im barely on the throttle or when i hit it and turbo starts to spool, you hear it trying to build boost but having trouble...best way to describe my problem is if you blow air and then inhale and repeat a few times...thats what the car does and it lurches when doing that. After a few seconds of that its fine. I finally decided to unistall the tune since it was worrying me. I have no vac leak or anything. Hopefully revision 2 will fix this. Also I need to take my car in because even with the stock tune now I have wastegate rattle. Sucks....

Just got a message from Cobb on their facebook page saying they have made some amazing breakthroughs and updates are coming very soon.
yeaaaaaaahhhhh 😎😎😎
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 06:45 PM   #490
drallafi
Enlisted Member
0

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: AZ


Posts: 32
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3xf4ctor View Post
Just got a message from Cobb on their facebook page saying they have made some amazing breakthroughs and updates are coming very soon.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 01:53 PM   #491
ronny214
New BMW Owner
United_States
9

 
ronny214's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i (e90) Black/Tan
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dallas, TX


Posts: 363
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I hope they are really coming soon. We've heard this before. The timeline for coming soon in the Cobb world is like 6-9 months.
__________________
2011 E90 335i LCI // Jet Black / Beige Dakota Leather / Double-VANOS/ Premium / Sport
Mods // Cobb Stage 2+ Aggressive / ER Charge Pipe / AR 4" Down Pipe / AA FMIC / LUX H8 v3 Angel Eyes / HPB Interior LEDs / Wavetrac LSD
Other // Shell Rotella T6 5w40 / 18" APEX EC-7 Wheels (9" Front|9.5" Rear)
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 03:33 PM   #492
drallafi
Enlisted Member
0

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: AZ


Posts: 32
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronny214 View Post
I hope they are really coming soon. We've heard this before. The timeline for coming soon in the Cobb world is like 6-9 months.
Exactly. At this rate, I'd be happy with Stage 2+ anytime before 2015.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #493
ronny214
New BMW Owner
United_States
9

 
ronny214's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i (e90) Black/Tan
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dallas, TX


Posts: 363
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by drallafi View Post
Exactly. At this rate, I'd be happy with Stage 2+ anytime before 2015.
I think I may load the Stage 1+ up into the AccessTuner Race Software and just disable the CEL on the map. That way I will get Stage 1+ power with no annoying light. Not sure why they don't have this already, even if they are working on the Stage 2+....
__________________
2011 E90 335i LCI // Jet Black / Beige Dakota Leather / Double-VANOS/ Premium / Sport
Mods // Cobb Stage 2+ Aggressive / ER Charge Pipe / AR 4" Down Pipe / AA FMIC / LUX H8 v3 Angel Eyes / HPB Interior LEDs / Wavetrac LSD
Other // Shell Rotella T6 5w40 / 18" APEX EC-7 Wheels (9" Front|9.5" Rear)
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2013, 11:08 AM   #494
big_gtr
Enlisted Member
Indonesia
0

 
big_gtr's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i N55 2011 Black
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: indonesia


Posts: 32
iTrader: (0)

hello cobb, where are you with the updates?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 08:05 AM   #495
COBB Tuning
Major
112

 
COBB Tuning's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Austin, TX


Posts: 1,044
iTrader: (0)

On the way guys. We have made some major discoveries lately and will be releasing Stage2+ shortly. We will also be re-visiting all of the maps currently available for the N55 and using this new info to make those maps even better as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 08:29 AM   #496
Sam335ix
Major
22

 
Sam335ix's Avatar
 
Drives: 335 ix performance edition
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Redskin Country


Posts: 1,276
iTrader: (0)

What about e85 maps? How soon?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 12:51 PM   #497
Entrust
Banned
5

 
Drives: BMW 335xi m-sport
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York


Posts: 119
iTrader: (3)

one of my friends is running stage 2, how that possible?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 06:18 PM   #498
COBB Tuning
Major
112

 
COBB Tuning's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Austin, TX


Posts: 1,044
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrust View Post
one of my friends is running stage 2, how that possible?
Stage 2 has been released for quite a while.

Stage2+FMIC will be out soon.

-Josh
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 06:20 PM   #499
emre
Private First Class
Turkey
2

 
emre's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 LCI 335i
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Istanbul


Posts: 156
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrust View Post
one of my friends is running stage 2, how that possible?
Stage 2 maps have been available for quite some time, it's the Stage 2+ maps we are awaiting.
__________________

'11 E92 BSM 335i / Saddle Brown Dakota Leather / M Sport / 19" 225M / DCT / Navi Pro / BMW Individual High End Audio System / Cobb Stage 2+ / AR Design Catted DP / ETS FMIC & Charge Pipe / K&N Drop In / BMW Performance Suspension / BMW Performance Diffuser / M3 Lip Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 12:15 AM   #500
Entrust
Banned
5

 
Drives: BMW 335xi m-sport
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York


Posts: 119
iTrader: (3)

oh ok when is stage 2 + comin out?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 09:15 AM   #501
ronny214
New BMW Owner
United_States
9

 
ronny214's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i (e90) Black/Tan
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dallas, TX


Posts: 363
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Anyone know if AccessTuner Race works for the N55 engine? I'd like to load the Stage 1+ map up and toggle off the O2 light that way I don't have to decrease my performance for a CEL clear
__________________
2011 E90 335i LCI // Jet Black / Beige Dakota Leather / Double-VANOS/ Premium / Sport
Mods // Cobb Stage 2+ Aggressive / ER Charge Pipe / AR 4" Down Pipe / AA FMIC / LUX H8 v3 Angel Eyes / HPB Interior LEDs / Wavetrac LSD
Other // Shell Rotella T6 5w40 / 18" APEX EC-7 Wheels (9" Front|9.5" Rear)
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 06:16 PM   #502
srs_e92
New Member
Afghanistan
0

 
Drives: '12 335i, '11 R35, '13 335i
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: So.Cal.


Posts: 12
iTrader: (1)

Heres my first post to validate my account so I'm sorry if this has been asked elsewhere, but I've got a 2012 335i N55 msport e92 NOT an F30. Will this AP work with my platform or should I use the F30 tuning systems? The info all over cobb and the forums says this AP will only work from 2009-2011 N55. I understand that late model N55's had some revisions done to them for the release of the F30. someone please help.. this car is too slow.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 10:11 PM   #503
scroitoru
New Member
0

 
Drives: 335ix coupe
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: chicago


Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning View Post
On the way guys. We have made some major discoveries lately and will be releasing Stage2+ shortly. We will also be re-visiting all of the maps currently available for the N55 and using this new info to make those maps even better as well.
Woohoo. Hardly waiting. Keep us posted!
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 10:20 PM   #504
melloww22
Lieutenant
7

 
melloww22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335i E90
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Diego


Posts: 594
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by srs_e92
Heres my first post to validate my account so I'm sorry if this has been asked elsewhere, but I've got a 2012 335i N55 msport e92 NOT an F30. Will this AP work with my platform or should I use the F30 tuning systems? The info all over cobb and the forums says this AP will only work from 2009-2011 N55. I understand that late model N55's had some revisions done to them for the release of the F30. someone please help.. this car is too slow.
get your ROM version and check with COBB.... no charge
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 11:02 AM   #505
rr006rbc
Captain
United_States
9

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: United States


Posts: 706
iTrader: (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by srs_e92 View Post
Heres my first post to validate my account so I'm sorry if this has been asked elsewhere, but I've got a 2012 335i N55 msport e92 NOT an F30. Will this AP work with my platform or should I use the F30 tuning systems? The info all over cobb and the forums says this AP will only work from 2009-2011 N55. I understand that late model N55's had some revisions done to them for the release of the F30. someone please help.. this car is too slow.
I've got a 2013 E92 335i and I've been email bombing cobb about it too and they've got NOTHING. I don't think they're going to come out w/ a tune for our DME versions..it's unfortunate. They're probably concentrating on the F30 chassis now.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2013, 03:21 AM   #506
BMW_Belgier
Lieutenant Colonel
Switzerland
19

 
BMW_Belgier's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335xi n55
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Switzerland


Posts: 1,522
iTrader: (0)

If i got my software updated (incl. newest PPK Software) could this affect the possebility of how COBB installs? Does my ROM change with a software update?
__________________
BEFORE: 130i N52 (2006-2011)
NOW: 335xi N55 (2011- )
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:21 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST