E90Post
 


Horizon LED
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > All COBB Tuning AccessPORT Flash for N54 335i Discussion Here



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-27-2013, 09:48 AM   #7503
marv85
Colonel
marv85's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
2,558
Posts

 
Drives: '07 335i MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Portland

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iRlz View Post
e85 question I used about a half tank after toping it off with e85 yesterday at what point on the fuel bar will I need to put more in.. I've never been a fan of running it down to the bottom bar.
you want to keep a constant ratio, so when you add in gas you need to add both your base fuel and E85 to maintain whatever ratio you had. of course you don't have to be accurate to 10e-15 lol, but you get my point.

I hope you are logging STFT and LPFP actual just to amke sure you are not maxing out trims, and two LPFP is keeping up
__________________
'10 E92 335i , COBB
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2013, 09:54 AM   #7504
335iRlz
Major
16
Rep
1,347
Posts

 
Drives: f10m5 gone, m4, GTR, Raptor
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MD

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marv85 View Post
well corrections can be due to other things beside octane

I'm glad you're liking it.
Well I'm just glad it looks like I can wait a few weeks to do Plugs, Coils, exc. I had it all in my getparts cart waiting to see how these logs went

I'm also glad I went from two cylinders with multiple correction points going on down to one, and then that awful log where the entire log was corrections (thanks techron)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marv85 View Post
you want to keep a constant ratio, so when you add in gas you need to add both your base fuel and E85 to maintain whatever ratio you had. of course you don't have to be accurate to 10e-15 lol, but you get my point.

I hope you are logging STFT and LPFP actual just to amke sure you are not maxing out trims, and two LPFP is keeping up
I wasn't as its on default logs I'll add those two to the ones I'll do today gives me a reason to drive more Stage1+FMIC
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2013, 09:56 AM   #7505
marv85
Colonel
marv85's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
2,558
Posts

 
Drives: '07 335i MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Portland

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iRlz View Post
Well I'm just glad it looks like I can wait a few weeks to do Plugs, Coils, exc. I had it all in my getparts cart waiting to see how these logs went



I wasn't as its on default logs I'll add those two to the ones I'll do today gives me a reason to drive more Stage1+FMIC

Don't throw parts at it! start with plugs they are cheap and take seriously 30 mins to install inlcuding taking all off and putting back together. IF you're generous swap the coils at the same time since they need to be removed anyway when you do the plugs
__________________
'10 E92 335i , COBB
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2013, 09:59 AM   #7506
335iRlz
Major
16
Rep
1,347
Posts

 
Drives: f10m5 gone, m4, GTR, Raptor
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MD

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marv85 View Post
Don't throw parts at it! start with plugs they are cheap and take seriously 30 mins to install inlcuding taking all off and putting back together. IF you're generous swap the coils at the same time since they need to be removed anyway when you do the plugs
Oh I can't do plugs (I can't even do oil yet) lol even if you gave me 6 hours I'd still probably brick the car

I might start playing with it when I get out of school and don't need a DD I've often considered just keeping this thing because I've grown so attached to the car then it would be ok if it was out of commission for weeks at a time.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2013, 10:04 AM   #7507
marv85
Colonel
marv85's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
2,558
Posts

 
Drives: '07 335i MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Portland

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iRlz View Post
Oh I can't do plugs (I can't even do oil yet) lol even if you gave me 6 hours I'd still probably brick the car

I might start playing with it when I get out of school and don't need a DD I've often considered just keeping this thing because I've grown so attached to the car then it would be ok if it was out of commission for weeks at a time.
this is a video by COBB on how to diagnose misfires. it shows how to take off stuff till you get to the plugs and then how to remove and install new plugs, tells you the right torque etc...

watch through it once, if you still feel uncomfortable then don't do it

__________________
'10 E92 335i , COBB
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2013, 10:16 AM   #7508
335iRlz
Major
16
Rep
1,347
Posts

 
Drives: f10m5 gone, m4, GTR, Raptor
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MD

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marv85 View Post
this is a video by COBB on how to diagnose misfires. it shows how to take off stuff till you get to the plugs and then how to remove and install new plugs, tells you the right torque etc...

watch through it once, if you still feel uncomfortable then don't do it
hmm I just had my first cocktail on this wonderful saturday and I'm feeling oddly confident after watching that video.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2013, 10:28 AM   #7509
marv85
Colonel
marv85's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
2,558
Posts

 
Drives: '07 335i MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Portland

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iRlz View Post
hmm I just had my first cocktail on this wonderful saturday and I'm feeling oddly confident after watching that video.
lol, there is a first for everything :P
__________________
'10 E92 335i , COBB
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2013, 12:34 PM   #7510
335iRlz
Major
16
Rep
1,347
Posts

 
Drives: f10m5 gone, m4, GTR, Raptor
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MD

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marv85 View Post
I hope you are logging STFT and LPFP actual just to amke sure you are not maxing out trims, and two LPFP is keeping up
Are those the actual names on the AP when selecting? I was looking and couldn't recall the names off of here when looking through the list of selections.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2013, 12:54 PM   #7511
marv85
Colonel
marv85's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
2,558
Posts

 
Drives: '07 335i MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Portland

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iRlz View Post
Are those the actual names on the AP when selecting? I was looking and couldn't recall the names off of here when looking through the list of selections.
yup
__________________
'10 E92 335i , COBB
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #7512
Chicks-Love-Bimmers
Captain
Chicks-Love-Bimmers's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
739
Posts

 
Drives: FBO 335i
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bellevue, Washington

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
So I replaced my stock charge pipe and DV with the hks BOV and ER charge pipe and I'm still running into p30ff (boost leak) I also replaced a vacuum line, and I'm pretty sure all my connections are good, so what else could be the problem? I never ran into this problem with my procede, I hear that a possible solution would be replacing the turbo solenoid? Any idea where I can find one? I normally get an "engine malfunction" light if I'm at high RPMs going in 3rd gear
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2013, 03:00 PM   #7513
marv85
Colonel
marv85's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
2,558
Posts

 
Drives: '07 335i MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Portland

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks-Love-Bimmers View Post
So I replaced my stock charge pipe and DV with the hks BOV and ER charge pipe and I'm still running into p30ff (boost leak) I also replaced a vacuum line, and I'm pretty sure all my connections are good, so what else could be the problem? I never ran into this problem with my procede, I hear that a possible solution would be replacing the turbo solenoid? Any idea where I can find one? I normally get an "engine malfunction" light if I'm at high RPMs going in 3rd gear
Doesn;t have to be a boost leak, could be boost control.

from what you're describing, it could be your boost solenoids. Before changing these, I would double check all vac lines. canisters to engine, canisters to boost solenoid, boost solenoids to wastegates...

if all looks good then change your solenoids.
__________________
'10 E92 335i , COBB
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2013, 04:36 PM   #7514
Chicks-Love-Bimmers
Captain
Chicks-Love-Bimmers's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
739
Posts

 
Drives: FBO 335i
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bellevue, Washington

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by marv85 View Post
Doesn;t have to be a boost leak, could be boost control.

from what you're describing, it could be your boost solenoids. Before changing these, I would double check all vac lines. canisters to engine, canisters to boost solenoid, boost solenoids to wastegates...

if all looks good then change your solenoids.
Thank you, I'll give it another check. Any idea where to buy boost solenoids?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2013, 08:05 PM   #7515
Jeef
Captain
United_States
8
Rep
890
Posts

 
Drives: AW E92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (1)

My lpfp is dropping to 40 psi what do you guys recommend for a replacement?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2013, 08:24 PM   #7516
marv85
Colonel
marv85's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
2,558
Posts

 
Drives: '07 335i MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Portland

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks-Love-Bimmers View Post
Thank you, I'll give it another check. Any idea where to buy boost solenoids?
I bought the through ECS tuning at the time. I usually check ECS tuning and Tischer BMW
__________________
'10 E92 335i , COBB
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 02:19 PM   #7517
335iRlz
Major
16
Rep
1,347
Posts

 
Drives: f10m5 gone, m4, GTR, Raptor
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MD

iTrader: (3)

Boom I think I might have put too much e85 in on my second fillup throwing the mixture 1/2 code its just working so well lol

anyway here are some logs ones a quick pull to 120 [dl2] the second is just random driving [dl3] after I discovered the mixture codes (which haven't returned since I cleared them)

Hope those are good I have no idea what the STFT and Low Pressure Fuel pump readings mean.


Still getting at least a single cylinder with a little hiccup. I wonder if its that my coils haven't ever been replaced.
Attached Files
File Type: zip e85.zip (22.5 KB, 21 views)
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 02:32 PM   #7518
E90Company
Major General
E90Company's Avatar
No_Country
72
Rep
6,138
Posts

 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FL

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iRlz View Post
Boom I think I might have put too much e85 in on my second fillup throwing the mixture 1/2 code its just working so well lol

anyway here are some logs ones a quick pull to 120 [dl2] the second is just random driving [dl3] after I discovered the mixture codes (which haven't returned since I cleared them)

Hope those are good I have no idea what the STFT and Low Pressure Fuel pump readings mean.


Still getting at least a single cylinder with a little hiccup. I wonder if its that my coils haven't ever been replaced.
Looks like your LPFP can't keep up with target. Next time you log make sure to log at least one lambda (AFR) bank, so we can see if you are running lean due to the E85 concentration. Regarding the timing correction(s), it's also a good idea to log throttle plate position so we can see if throttle closures were causing those corrections. For about a week my WGDC Main table was too agressive, and my throttle was closing to compensate for the boost overshoots. That caused timing corrections in those areas until I tuned them out. You arn't throwing misfire codes, correct?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 02:53 PM   #7519
335iRlz
Major
16
Rep
1,347
Posts

 
Drives: f10m5 gone, m4, GTR, Raptor
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MD

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
Looks like your LPFP can't keep up with target. Next time you log make sure to log at least one lambda (AFR) bank, so we can see if you are running lean due to the E85 concentration. Regarding the timing correction(s), it's also a good idea to log throttle plate position so we can see if throttle closures were causing those corrections. For about a week my WGDC Main table was too agressive, and my throttle was closing to compensate for the boost overshoots. That caused timing corrections in those areas until I tuned them out. You arn't throwing misfire codes, correct?
Nope zippy codes other than the fuel pump plaus that everyone gets.

So it sounds like the only way to fix these issues is to have less aggressive settings, but doesn't this defeat the purpose of continuing to mod? I mean it's like why pay the license fees and entrence fees for horse racing if your horse has 3 legs and not 4

Was out looking at a gt-R tonight god the interior sucks lol

Last edited by 335iRlz; 04-29-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 12:31 PM   #7520
335iRlz
Major
16
Rep
1,347
Posts

 
Drives: f10m5 gone, m4, GTR, Raptor
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MD

iTrader: (3)

Can't wait to throw up my logs from today... Switched up what it was logging and ran into a camaro who was down to run got a video too lmao, log and ran up to 150+ FUN DAY.

Last edited by 335iRlz; 04-30-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 04:29 PM   #7521
Jeef
Captain
United_States
8
Rep
890
Posts

 
Drives: AW E92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (1)

Any recommendations anyone?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 05:24 PM   #7522
racerg35335
Private First Class
4
Rep
101
Posts

 
Drives: Space gray 335i coupe
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Greenwood, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef View Post
Any recommendations anyone?
Could be a number of things.... believe me I have replaced just about all of them. Are you running ethanol? If so what % .... have you logged fuel trims?
__________________
Space Gray 6mt e92, coral red,Cobb tuned, custom e30 map, bms DCI, ETS FMIC, walbro 455 lpfp.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 06:16 PM   #7523
335iRlz
Major
16
Rep
1,347
Posts

 
Drives: f10m5 gone, m4, GTR, Raptor
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MD

iTrader: (3)

Well my timing looked amazing today not sure how to read how the car is responding to the e85 but I updated what you guys asked

1st log =random driving trying to catch weird gear shifts
2nd log = wot vs. that camaro
3rd log = crazy wot from 80 to I think 150 lol was raining and trying to focus on the road

sorry the last log is so long I forgot to shut it off after the pull
Attached Files
File Type: zip e85.zip (36.2 KB, 17 views)
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 08:34 AM   #7524
tarponman85
Private First Class
2
Rep
116
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Miami

iTrader: (1)

First Data log

This is my first log and Im hoping I did it correctly. I did a total of 6 runs in the last 2 days. I had a hard time figuring out which was which when I opened the accessport manager because I know there were a couple of runs where I forgot to turn off traction control. I'm hoping this is not one of them. Could someone please give me some insight as to whether or not the numbers look Ok. I am running Stage 1 Agressive on Florida 93 octane.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf datalog3.pdf (305.0 KB, 41 views)
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
135i cobb, 335i cobb, 535i cobb, accessport n54, bmw cobb, bmw cobb tuning, cobb 135i, cobb 335i, cobb 535i, cobb ap, cobb bmw, cobb n54, cobb tuning bmw, cobb tuning n54, cobb tuning n55, flash n54, flash n55, n54 accessport, n54 cobb, n54 cobb tuning, n54 flash, n54 flash tune, n55 cobb, n55 flash, n55 flash tune

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST