E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > M3 cluster into a 335i who's done it?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-06-2013, 04:35 AM   #1
DR-JEKL
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: Space Grey 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Newcastle Ozstraylia

Posts: 1,856
iTrader: (1)

M3 cluster into a 335i who's done it?

Just curious but as the title states has anyone done this mod, and do our resident coders know how to code the cluster to suit? From what I have read a member in poland codes the cluster to suit your vin and charges ~ $350?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=464364
DR-JEKL is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 04:58 AM   #2
xtremelimit
Private First Class
 
xtremelimit's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia

Posts: 161
iTrader: (1)

I'd love to do this mod but too bad the shift light indicator doesn't work for us non DCT

I don't know if anyone here in Australia has done the retrofit but a few guys in the States can code the cluster for you.

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
xtremelimit is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 05:03 AM   #3
_ink
Captain
 
_ink's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i 09' DCT M-Sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia

Posts: 990
iTrader: (0)

haha, i was looking at this last night Shane!

Need to work out what coding is needed.
_ink is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 05:03 AM   #4
DR-JEKL
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: Space Grey 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Newcastle Ozstraylia

Posts: 1,856
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremelimit View Post
I'd love to do this mod but too bad the shift light indicator doesn't work for us non DCT

I don't know if anyone here in Australia has done the retrofit but a few guys in the States can code the cluster for you.

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What's the shift light indicator anyhow? (when the indicator lights flash?)

haha maybe but its down the track along with an LCI idrive controller and a customised trim
DR-JEKL is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 05:04 AM   #5
DR-JEKL
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: Space Grey 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Newcastle Ozstraylia

Posts: 1,856
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ink View Post
haha, i was looking at this last night Shane!

Need to work out what coding is needed.
That guy in poland offers some crazy products, and apparently has an agent in Australia... (Currimbin by memory)
DR-JEKL is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 05:14 AM   #6
xtremelimit
Private First Class
 
xtremelimit's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia

Posts: 161
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
What's the shift light indicator anyhow? (when the indicator lights flash?)

haha maybe but its down the track along with an LCI idrive controller and a customised trim
Shift lights above the taco, see link below:
xtremelimit is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 05:43 AM   #7
_ink
Captain
 
_ink's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i 09' DCT M-Sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia

Posts: 990
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
That guy in poland offers some crazy products, and apparently has an agent in Australia... (Currimbin by memory)
Just need a walk through and i'd be able to do it i think!

I didn't know the shift lights work on DCT????
_ink is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 05:50 AM   #8
DR-JEKL
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: Space Grey 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Newcastle Ozstraylia

Posts: 1,856
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremelimit View Post
Shift lights above the taco, see link below:
Ahh now I know what you mean! Looks pretty snazzy but I could totally live without it.

I thought you meant the indicator flash thing, as when I was testing the recently installed afe intake i noticed at redline the indicators flashed up on the cluster (I hadn't seen that occur before-which goes to show I hardly ever flog it)
DR-JEKL is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 05:51 AM   #9
xtremelimit
Private First Class
 
xtremelimit's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia

Posts: 161
iTrader: (1)

Ink, you should get one now! hahaha

Another tread regarding the M3 cluster:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ght=m3+cluster
xtremelimit is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 07:29 PM   #10
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes's Avatar
 
Drives: a black car
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sydney

Posts: 4,836
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
i noticed at redline the indicators flashed up on the cluster (I hadn't seen that occur before-which goes to show I hardly ever flog it)
thats due to your tune, whether Procede or Jb4 - they do that

Alex Wu did the M3 retrofit on his 335i along with updated iDrive and Nav (and m3 widebody etc)
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 09:04 PM   #11
DR-JEKL
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: Space Grey 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Newcastle Ozstraylia

Posts: 1,856
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart@BMRAutowerkes View Post
thats due to your tune, whether Procede or Jb4 - they do that

Alex Wu did the M3 retrofit on his 335i along with updated iDrive and Nav (and m3 widebody etc)
Ahh there's a function I wasn't aware of!

Got a link to Alex Wu's car??
DR-JEKL is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 10:25 PM   #12
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes's Avatar
 
Drives: a black car
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sydney

Posts: 4,836
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
Ahh there's a function I wasn't aware of!

Got a link to Alex Wu's car??
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=567854
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-06-2013, 10:37 PM   #13
DR-JEKL
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: Space Grey 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Newcastle Ozstraylia

Posts: 1,856
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart@BMRAutowerkes View Post
oh fark I shouldn't have clicked on that link!!!!!!!!!!!
DR-JEKL is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2013, 06:36 AM   #14
DR-JEKL
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: Space Grey 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Newcastle Ozstraylia

Posts: 1,856
iTrader: (1)

Hmm found a guy in Germany who can offer a P&P solution

Apparently you have to chip inside the speedometer circuitry and assign vin to suit to ensure correct mileage is displayed once installed.

Sounds pretty damn good, you guys may see this in my build thread soon
DR-JEKL is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2013, 07:12 AM   #15
Zen
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Sydney Aus

Posts: 598
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
Hmm found a guy in Germany who can offer a P&P solution

Apparently you have to chip inside the speedometer circuitry and assign vin to suit to ensure correct mileage is displayed once installed.

Sounds pretty damn good, you guys may see this in my build thread soon
Have you worked out how much it will cost Shane?
__________________
08' E92 335I
Black Sapphire Metallic | M-Sport | GT-CS 19" Matte Anthracite | BMW Perf. Exhaust | JB4 | AR Design Catless DP | R1 Concepts Cross-drilled & Slotted Rotors | aFe DCI | ER Chargepipe with Forge DV | ER FMIC
Zen is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #16
_ink
Captain
 
_ink's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i 09' DCT M-Sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia

Posts: 990
iTrader: (0)

Group Buy? 😉 (Organised by a vendor this time)
__________________
... Check out the garage
_ink is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2013, 09:53 PM   #17
DR-JEKL
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: Space Grey 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Newcastle Ozstraylia

Posts: 1,856
iTrader: (1)

So no-one has done it here???

I may do this mod shortly just seeking feedback prior to jumping in, in case there are subtle differences between an 'australian' cluster & fitting a euro m3 cluster?
DR-JEKL is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2013, 09:54 PM   #18
DR-JEKL
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: Space Grey 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Newcastle Ozstraylia

Posts: 1,856
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ink View Post
Just need a walk through and i'd be able to do it i think!

I didn't know the shift lights work on DCT????
I think its more then coding, you must supply your vin and mileage, and a new chip is soldered in to suit?
DR-JEKL is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:03 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST