E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Need Coding Help Near Columbus, OH



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-28-2013, 11:00 AM   #1
WOT Bimmer
Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ohio

Posts: 515
iTrader: (1)

Need Coding Help Near Columbus, OH

I recently installed a set of xenon lights with morimoto projectors, ddr HID kits, and orion V4 AEs, and I need some help getting the car coded. The car is a 2007 328xi sedan. Everything is working fine, but I am getting the following errors whenever I turn the headlights on:

CCID 88: yellow low beam icon
CCID 89: yellow low beam icon
CCID 231: red car on lift

Perhaps someone would suggest something different, but I personally would just like to get the car coded so that it doesn't do a front bulb check. If a bulb is out I will know it, so I really don't need the car to check it for me.

If someone would be willing to help me out with this I would greatly appreciate it. From what I have read it is an easy fix, I just don't know how to do it. I am certainly willing to compensate you for your time.

Please PM me!
WOT Bimmer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
DRock3d
Kraut Driver
 
DRock3d's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 328i MT
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Columbus, Ohio

Posts: 420
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
I know how to do this, but I've never done much coding. All I've done so far is digital speedo, so if nobody else chimes in I'd be willing to give it a shot.
DRock3d is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2013, 11:27 AM   #3
WOT Bimmer
Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ohio

Posts: 515
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRock3d View Post
I know how to do this, but I've never done much coding. All I've done so far is digital speedo, so if nobody else chimes in I'd be willing to give it a shot.
Here is a link with some more info: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=623805

So, you think you would be comfortable coding the front bulb check off? Do you feel that is the most logical solution?

Btw, can you do corner delete too?
WOT Bimmer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2013, 11:53 AM   #4
DRock3d
Kraut Driver
 
DRock3d's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 328i MT
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Columbus, Ohio

Posts: 420
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
I've never done anything with changing the VO but it looks pretty straight forward. Not super confident though so I was hoping someone with more experience would chime in. If they don't I would be willing to take a stab at it.
DRock3d is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2013, 12:12 PM   #5
WOT Bimmer
Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ohio

Posts: 515
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRock3d View Post
I've never done anything with changing the VO but it looks pretty straight forward. Not super confident though so I was hoping someone with more experience would chime in. If they don't I would be willing to take a stab at it.
Look for a PM from me.
WOT Bimmer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2013, 03:42 AM   #6
pweber84
Banned
 
pweber84's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 330d e91
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Berlin, Germany / PL, Posen

Posts: 347
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via Skype™ to pweber84
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOT Bimmer View Post
I recently installed a set of xenon lights with morimoto projectors, ddr HID kits, and orion V4 AEs, and I need some help getting the car coded. The car is a 2007 328xi sedan. Everything is working fine, but I am getting the following errors whenever I turn the headlights on:

CCID 88: yellow low beam icon
CCID 89: yellow low beam icon
CCID 231: red car on lift

Perhaps someone would suggest something different, but I personally would just like to get the car coded so that it doesn't do a front bulb check. If a bulb is out I will know it, so I really don't need the car to check it for me.

If someone would be willing to help me out with this I would greatly appreciate it. From what I have read it is an easy fix, I just don't know how to do it. I am certainly willing to compensate you for your time.

Please PM me!
It is peace of cake to turn off the bulbs testing. You don't need to change any VO.

NFRM:

WARMUEBERWACHUNG_AL
nicht_aktive
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_AL_L
nicht_aktive

KALTUEBERWACHUNG_AL
nicht_aktive
pweber84 is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2013, 07:31 AM   #7
WOT Bimmer
Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ohio

Posts: 515
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******84 View Post
It is peace of cake to turn off the bulbs testing. You don't need to change any VO.

NFRM:

WARMUEBERWACHUNG_AL
nicht_aktive
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_AL_L
nicht_aktive

KALTUEBERWACHUNG_AL
nicht_aktive
Thanks! I think I am going to DIY this after all. I would really like to learn how to do it.
WOT Bimmer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2013, 08:01 AM   #8
pweber84
Banned
 
pweber84's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 330d e91
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Berlin, Germany / PL, Posen

Posts: 347
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via Skype™ to pweber84
No problem.
If you have OBD USB cable you will do it easlie.
pweber84 is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2013, 08:09 AM   #9
WOT Bimmer
Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ohio

Posts: 515
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******84 View Post
No problem.
If you have OBD USB cable you will do it easlie.
Bought one last night.
WOT Bimmer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2013, 08:19 AM   #10
pweber84
Banned
 
pweber84's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 330d e91
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Berlin, Germany / PL, Posen

Posts: 347
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via Skype™ to pweber84
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOT Bimmer View Post
Bought one last night.
Let me know if you don't have a software, I will share it for you.
pweber84 is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST