E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Angel eye uneven



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-01-2013, 09:43 AM   #1
JaysBlueE92
Mr. Monaco
 
JaysBlueE92's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow..
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 3,873
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 E92  [2.50]
Angel eye uneven

So I recently had a HID bulb (D1s) burn out and since I didnt have other bulbs I put the OEM bulbs back in. My question is would this effect light output on my angels? I had 6000k previously and they matched good with my angels, but as you can see in the pic below the ring is not nearly as bright. Is this because my D1S bulbs are stock? Or did i not replace a bulb right ? I'm thinking I just need to upgrade my d1S to a similar bulb I had in there like 6000k

__________________
JaysBlueE92 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2013, 11:59 AM   #2
Shinzi
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335XI
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Georgia

Posts: 436
iTrader: (1)

Your AE's run on a completely different bulb
__________________

08' Atlantic Blue Metallic 335XI
SC7 19's / KW V1 / JB4 / BMS DCI / Wrapped!
Shinzi is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2013, 12:05 PM   #3
edirtaynine
Major General
 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SoCal

Posts: 6,093
iTrader: (0)

what? your AE's have nothing to do with your headlight bulbs.

also, "color" and "brightness" are related in a sense in regards to the temperature scale, but at the same time, completely different.
__________________
e90post killed plastidip
Just say no to painted stock wheels

jm3as hooks it up
edirtaynine is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2013, 12:34 PM   #4
JaysBlueE92
Mr. Monaco
 
JaysBlueE92's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow..
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 3,873
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 E92  [2.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinzi View Post
Your AE's run on a completely different bulb
I thought so too..so why are they not lit up evenly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by edirtaynine View Post
what? your AE's have nothing to do with your headlight bulbs.

also, "color" and "brightness" are related in a sense in regards to the temperature scale, but at the same time, completely different.
i figured as much, but why then are only 1 of the rings lighting up as they should? (the one closer to kidney grill, not regular xenon light ring)
__________________
JaysBlueE92 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2013, 09:01 PM   #5
rich123321
Captain
 
rich123321's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 325i E90
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Florida

Posts: 795
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 BMW E90  [4.17]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysBlueE92 View Post
I thought so too..so why are they not lit up evenly?



i figured as much, but why then are only 1 of the rings lighting up as they should? (the one closer to kidney grill, not regular xenon light ring)
Traditionally the inners are the brightest because the outers are lit by a fiber optic tube and not by the light bulb itself
rich123321 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2013, 09:02 PM   #6
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Jeff@TopGearSolutions's Avatar
 
Drives: C6 Z06, GSXR-750, 09 335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: TopGearSolutions.com

Posts: 16,793
iTrader: (31)

Send a message via AIM to Jeff@TopGearSolutions
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich123321 View Post
Traditionally the inners are the brightest because the outers are lit by a fiber optic tube and not by the light bulb itself
Correct.

The inners will always be brighter.
Jeff@TopGearSolutions is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2013, 08:11 AM   #7
JaysBlueE92
Mr. Monaco
 
JaysBlueE92's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow..
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 3,873
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 E92  [2.50]
thanks for the replies guys..I think something still isn't right though. I think when I swapped the stock d1s bulbs i may have forgot to set up the angels right. They were never this dull before..take a look below and see how uneven that is??

__________________
JaysBlueE92 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2013, 12:44 PM   #8
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
 
Drives: 2009 e90 2011 f10
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Clifton Park, NY

Posts: 3,087
iTrader: (0)

thats the nature of the h8 bulb setup we got.
__________________

2009 MBM 328| ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | CA | 6FL | NAV | XENONS | 18x8.5 VB3s ET30/25
2011 Jet Black 535i xdrive | ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | 6FL | NAV | 331s Square
wdeerfield is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2013, 01:55 PM   #9
JaysBlueE92
Mr. Monaco
 
JaysBlueE92's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow..
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 3,873
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 E92  [2.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeerfield View Post
thats the nature of the h8 bulb setup we got.
really? so if i upgrade to LS3s or umnitza it will look better?? Before I could at least see two circles, even though the one ring was dimmer than the other..this looks awful
__________________
JaysBlueE92 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2013, 01:57 PM   #10
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
 
Drives: 2009 e90 2011 f10
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Clifton Park, NY

Posts: 3,087
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysBlueE92 View Post
really? so if i upgrade to LS3s or umnitza it will look better?? Before I could at least see two circles, even though the one ring was dimmer than the other..this looks awful
are you sure you got the bulbs in correct and straight? i do know that the stock halogen colored bulbs are philips and because of their color temp, they are more visible. With anything above 5000k, during the day its tough to see.
__________________

2009 MBM 328| ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | CA | 6FL | NAV | XENONS | 18x8.5 VB3s ET30/25
2011 Jet Black 535i xdrive | ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | 6FL | NAV | 331s Square
wdeerfield is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2013, 02:01 PM   #11
i dunno
Lieutenant
 
Drives: a pair of legs
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 405
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysBlueE92 View Post
really? so if i upgrade to LS3s or umnitza it will look better?? Before I could at least see two circles, even though the one ring was dimmer than the other..this looks awful
what kind of AE bulbs do you have installed?
i dunno is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2013, 02:10 PM   #12
ken1137
Brigadier General
 
ken1137's Avatar
 
Drives: a slow 2009 e90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago

Posts: 3,697
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2009 e90 335i  [3.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysBlueE92 View Post
thanks for the replies guys..I think something still isn't right though. I think when I swapped the stock d1s bulbs i may have forgot to set up the angels right. They were never this dull before..take a look below and see how uneven that is??

I would recommend checking the angel eyes again and be certain they are tight or turned all the way. I experienced the same thing with my old Lux and I found they loosened up.
__________________

BMWCCA member
ken1137 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2013, 02:50 PM   #13
JaysBlueE92
Mr. Monaco
 
JaysBlueE92's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow..
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 3,873
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 E92  [2.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeerfield View Post
are you sure you got the bulbs in correct and straight? i do know that the stock halogen colored bulbs are philips and because of their color temp, they are more visible. With anything above 5000k, during the day its tough to see.
I really am not sure..and I am thinking i may have rushed doing this because I wanted to get the bumper back on etc. I should double check all..should have before i put everything back together
Quote:
Originally Posted by i dunno View Post
what kind of AE bulbs do you have installed?
these http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...el-Eye-UPGRADE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken1137 View Post
I would recommend checking the angel eyes again and be certain they are tight or turned all the way. I experienced the same thing with my old Lux and I found they loosened up.
it seems like I may have done the same..thanks
__________________
JaysBlueE92 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST