E90Post
 


N54Tuning.com
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > tranny swap on 2008 335i?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-20-2013, 11:07 AM   #23
GiorgioIr
335
GiorgioIr's Avatar
Lebanon
8
Rep
288
Posts

 
Drives: 335
Join Date: May 2012
Location: x

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekMaverick View Post
You guys do realize Giorgio or his mechanic are not in USA right? He is in Lebanon, as in middle east...! Just making sure
Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstavaru View Post
This is a good thing, actually. Their mechanics seem not to be scared to do swaps and stuff like the ones in the US
Engine swap, tranny swap etc. Whatever you want to do, he does it.
Actually there is a rumor that another shop is planning to drop an S63B44 engine into an e92 M. They already made tons of s65 swaps over the years.
Actually there is yet another shop who swapped an evo stroker engine built by AMS (that has 1200hp) into an e30 lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekMaverick View Post
Yeah, Its a shame...but I can't blame them. 8yrs ago we had a Customer in our restaurant in Boston who spilled his water on the floor and slipped and fall...went to court, judge awarded him $1100.00.....Its ridiculous how easily ppl sue in the good ol usa
For real?
__________________

Too much mods to list..
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 01:30 AM   #24
guru_method
...Takin' names
guru_method's Avatar
No_Country
4
Rep
208
Posts

 
Drives: SBM 08 335i, AW 09 135i M
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (2)

I would be willing to do this, I remember stumbling upon a thread that linked to a list from some guy that was a pro on swaps (looked to be in US) and he provided every single part number necessary for the install. I summed it up and with a used $1500 6 spd from eBay, it wasn't that bad, especially if you sell your AT afterwards.

I lost that link though, anybody have it or finds it let me know.

Every other thread that talks about swapping are extremely unsupportive but in light of the fact that we are shit out of luck with our AT, other than the mysterious "upgraded" units that don't work, a swap looks like the best option for those seeking high HP and don't want to change cars.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2013, 08:24 AM   #25
GiorgioIr
335
GiorgioIr's Avatar
Lebanon
8
Rep
288
Posts

 
Drives: 335
Join Date: May 2012
Location: x

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru_method View Post
I would be willing to do this, I remember stumbling upon a thread that linked to a list from some guy that was a pro on swaps (looked to be in US) and he provided every single part number necessary for the install. I summed it up and with a used $1500 6 spd from eBay, it wasn't that bad, especially if you sell your AT afterwards.

I lost that link though, anybody have it or finds it let me know.

Every other thread that talks about swapping are extremely unsupportive but in light of the fact that we are shit out of luck with our AT, other than the mysterious "upgraded" units that don't work, a swap looks like the best option for those seeking high HP and don't want to change cars.
+1
__________________

Too much mods to list..
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 02:54 PM   #26
asped
bimmzz35
asped's Avatar
Lebanon
1
Rep
55
Posts

 
Drives: bmw 335i FBO
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: saudi arabia and lebanon

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 bmw 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to asped
gio you seriously want to swap your transmission... id love to drive manual in lebanon but the traffic on uphills its gona get annoying

btw i saw your car couple of times in jounieh, last time was last friday next to the opening of that pub ,i gotta say it looks rly good !
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 11:14 AM   #27
GiorgioIr
335
GiorgioIr's Avatar
Lebanon
8
Rep
288
Posts

 
Drives: 335
Join Date: May 2012
Location: x

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asped View Post
gio you seriously want to swap your transmission... id love to drive manual in lebanon but the traffic on uphills its gona get annoying

btw i saw your car couple of times in jounieh, last time was last friday next to the opening of that pub ,I gotta say it looks rly good !
Yea bro waiting for him to call me. What traffic uphill, you mean the highway to Jiita and ballouneh? BTW thanks about the compliments bro
__________________

Too much mods to list..
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 11:39 AM   #28
nate5ks
Captain
United_States
8
Rep
621
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 BMW 330xi
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL

iTrader: (0)

OP, have you tried the alpina software?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 12:32 PM   #29
GiorgioIr
335
GiorgioIr's Avatar
Lebanon
8
Rep
288
Posts

 
Drives: 335
Join Date: May 2012
Location: x

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate5ks View Post
OP, have you tried the alpina software?
No, since I want a third pedal (need drop clutch, jb4 2step etc) but alpina software is great for those who want "more" from their auto tranny.
__________________

Too much mods to list..
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 04:45 PM   #30
sammy_0559
Lieutenant Colonel
sammy_0559's Avatar
United_States
47
Rep
1,948
Posts

 
Drives: e93 2008 Montego Metallic 335i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: FortWorth, Texas

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E93 335i  [1.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiorgioIr View Post
No, since I want a third pedal (need drop clutch, jb4 2step etc) but alpina software is great for those who want "more" from their auto tranny.
you ever get the swap done khayo? LOL

Pictures would be awesome
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 03:22 PM   #31
GiorgioIr
335
GiorgioIr's Avatar
Lebanon
8
Rep
288
Posts

 
Drives: 335
Join Date: May 2012
Location: x

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy_0559 View Post
you ever get the swap done khayo? LOL

Pictures would be awesome
Not yet Waiting for the guy to call, giving him 1 more week. Or else I'm getting the z4 tranny.
__________________

Too much mods to list..
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 08:07 PM   #32
BMWM.D.
Stupid Idiot
BMWM.D.'s Avatar
8
Rep
687
Posts

 
Drives: E90 335i & C6 Grand Sport
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Santa Barbara

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiorgioIr View Post
Not yet Waiting for the guy to call, giving him 1 more week. Or else I'm getting the z4 tranny.
I'm just wondering how this swap is "free" for you. Is he keeping your automatic trans and related parts (driveshaft, pedals, etc.) in exchange for the manual trans, parts and labor? I'm trying to figure out how the guy doing the swap is making any $$$ doing this for you.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 08:20 PM   #33
BCeagle08
Banned
1
Rep
118
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E92 xDrive 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

How to convert your car from automatic to manual

Step 1) Sell your automatic transmission car
Step 2) Buy a manual transmission car
Step 3) ???????
Step 4) Profit
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 03:47 PM   #34
GreekMaverick
El Greco Capitan
GreekMaverick's Avatar
United_States
59
Rep
996
Posts

 
Drives: ///N54
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wellington, FL

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCeagle08 View Post
How to convert your car from automatic to manual

Step 1) Sell your automatic transmission car
Step 2) Buy a manual transmission car
Step 3) ???????
Step 4) Profit
+1
To me this whole tranny swap sounds way harder to process than an engine swap...........! Why didn't you buy it "that" way to begin with?
__________________
No, it's not new. It got 150.000+ miles on it
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #35
GiorgioIr
335
GiorgioIr's Avatar
Lebanon
8
Rep
288
Posts

 
Drives: 335
Join Date: May 2012
Location: x

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM.D. View Post
I'm just wondering how this swap is "free" for you. Is he keeping your automatic trans and related parts (driveshaft, pedals, etc.) in exchange for the manual trans, parts and labor? I'm trying to figure out how the guy doing the swap is making any $$$ doing this for you.
He keeps my tranny, pedals, driveshaft, gives me tranny, pedals, driveshaft, codes the car, and I'm off without spending a dime. Around here labour $ is a joke. he actually makes 500$ from the swap.

Regarding the z4 tranny, we swap, i give him nothing.
Regarding the man who has a 6mt 335 and wants to swap, he gives 1500$ to my mechanic, my mechanic swaps both trannies, takes 500$ and gives me 1000$. so basically i get 6mt and 1000$ lol, the reason why I'm waiting and didn't swap yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCeagle08 View Post
How to convert your car from automatic to manual

Step 1) Sell your automatic transmission car
Step 2) Buy a manual transmission car
Step 3) ???????
Step 4) Profit
In USA, yes. Around here, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekMaverick View Post
+1
To me this whole tranny swap sounds way harder to process than an engine swap...........! Why didn't you buy it "that" way to begin with?

Well Maverick, you're kinda right, but over here the market for 335s is rather small. Didn't find a used clean 6mt 335. So I brought a clean auto 335 with a swap in mind. And besides, my mechanic said its a piece of cake. An average e92 tranny swap takes him about 4-5 hours to complete. +He swapped around 20-25 e92/e90 trannies till now.
__________________

Too much mods to list..
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 11:41 AM   #36
smallseafishie
Lieutenant Colonel
21
Rep
1,739
Posts

 
Drives: AW 07 e92 335i + AW 11 X5 35d
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta GA

iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekMaverick View Post
+1
To me this whole tranny swap sounds way harder to process than an engine swap...........! Why didn't you buy it "that" way to begin with?
Engine swap is a much worse than tranny swap.

For auto to manual - you'd need a clutch pedal with brake pedal, a different brake fluid reservoir (or maybe auto's have it plugged off), new driveshaft, different differential (otherwise gearing will be super short with an automatic diff), a swapped shifter assembly, probably a new transmission brace, and wiring / coding of the car think it's a manual.

Manual to auto - would need all the same as above with the possibility of needing a new radiator for transmission cooling lines. Coding / wiring of a conversion from manual to auto seems much more daunting to me.

An engine swap would consist of all above and or new engine mounts, wiring, exhaust, and ECU.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 08:11 PM   #37
rongomer
boom
rongomer's Avatar
6
Rep
598
Posts

 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Varies

iTrader: (6)

Sub'd to see how this works out.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #38
AK 335i
Major
AK 335i's Avatar
14
Rep
1,294
Posts

 
Drives: black 335i E90
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: boynton beach

iTrader: (0)

Im waiting haha... I too will do this swap or a swap to a different trans nonetheless
__________________
- Proven Power Tampa Built 6466 ST N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq -
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #39
AK 335i
Major
AK 335i's Avatar
14
Rep
1,294
Posts

 
Drives: black 335i E90
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: boynton beach

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekMaverick View Post
+1
To me this whole tranny swap sounds way harder to process than an engine swap...........! Why didn't you buy it "that" way to begin with?
same here... i never found a clean one with low miles and sport package in 6mt.

plus when i bought my car i didnt think that now we would be looking at 700whp plus in these cars haha..
__________________
- Proven Power Tampa Built 6466 ST N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq -
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #40
GreekMaverick
El Greco Capitan
GreekMaverick's Avatar
United_States
59
Rep
996
Posts

 
Drives: ///N54
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Wellington, FL

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK 335i View Post
same here... i never found a clean one with low miles and sport package in 6mt.

plus when i bought my car i didnt think that now we would be looking at 700whp plus in these cars haha..
Yeah, I was on my way to test drive the Cayman S back in 07' when It hit me that with a 4 month old girl and another possibly (It happened, 2nd child in 08') on the way I would need a bigger car, but I never knew that It could turn out to be the Supra of Germany

P.S
You are right next to me, I am up in west palm beach.

Manny
__________________
No, it's not new. It got 150.000+ miles on it
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:44 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST