E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Cobb AP Installed



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #23
marv85
Colonel
 
marv85's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 335i MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Portland

Posts: 2,558
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
California's lack of 93 is seriously frustrating. I wouldn't mind mixing a little 100 if there were more than two stations in central LA that weren't both in Santa Monica and didn't charge $9.99 a gallon! I had to mix 50/50 with my M6 for almost a year before I finally got the right tune installed. That's an expensive fill up on the other side of town!

Now California's crap gas will limit my options with the Cobb AP my friend just picked up for me yesterday at Cobb's HQ in Austin. Once again, I may be crossing town to get 100 so I can drive much too aggressively on hot days! Curse you California! Give us 93!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bimmer View Post
I hear you on that. Luckily the closest unocal 76 to me is the one that carries the 100 sunoco. I don't care as much at the $9.99p/gallon as I do having to time my fill-ups around that one particular gas station lol. That's what's nice about the AP, can switch back to sport mode in minutes.
Methanol is your cure
__________________
'10 E92 335i , COBB
marv85 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2013, 08:51 PM   #24
SharkBait
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2010 E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lost Angeles

Posts: 297
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by marv85 View Post
Methanol is your cure
Yeah. I am not there yet. Warranties and all that. Plus this is supposed to be my no nonsense reliable daily driver. I've got other cars that should get meth before this one.
SharkBait is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #25
marv85
Colonel
 
marv85's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 335i MT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Portland

Posts: 2,558
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
Yeah. I am not there yet. Warranties and all that. Plus this is supposed to be my no nonsense reliable daily driver. I've got other cars that should get meth before this one.
lol, I know what you mean. I just got a low miles E92 with factory warranty. still I'm getting meth installed. My thinking was what is the use of warranty if I'm not going to break stuff and get them fixed for free. If I end up waiting like my old car, I'll end up fixing out of pocket. It is a hassle to remove mods but it is totally worth it when you get new parts
__________________
'10 E92 335i , COBB
marv85 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2013, 10:24 PM   #26
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
 
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
California's lack of 93 is seriously frustrating. I wouldn't mind mixing a little 100 if there were more than two stations in central LA that weren't both in Santa Monica and didn't charge $9.99 a gallon! I had to mix 50/50 with my M6 for almost a year before I finally got the right tune installed. That's an expensive fill up on the other side of town!

Now California's crap gas will limit my options with the Cobb AP my friend just picked up for me yesterday at Cobb's HQ in Austin. Once again, I may be crossing town to get 100 so I can drive much too aggressively on hot days! Curse you California! Give us 93!


Luckily here in the valley I have several E85 fuel stations. If it was for that it'll be no fun.
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
VNeBLOB42 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #27
Mr.Bimmer
Lieutenant
 
Mr.Bimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 E90 M3 (sold)
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Orange County, Ca

Posts: 435
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithiral67 View Post
for power, fmic should be your next purchase. the stock one sucks really bad.
I agree 100%. I just wish they weren't so expensive.


I got the itch to bump to the Stage I aggressive yesterday. So I went to my local 76 and filled up Sunoco 100 unleaded octane. Yeah, I can most certainly tell a difference between Stage I sport on 91 vs the setup now. I'm probably running around 95 octane (wanted to be overlysafe). This car comes alive with some octane and aggressive tuning. How much better can it get? Apparently, even better
Mr.Bimmer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2013, 03:08 PM   #28
romanonj
Captain
 
romanonj's Avatar
 
Drives: X3 and 335is w/DCT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Jersey, Ocean County

Posts: 779
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bimmer View Post
I agree 100%. I just wish they weren't so expensive.


I got the itch to bump to the Stage I aggressive yesterday. So I went to my local 76 and filled up Sunoco 100 unleaded octane. Yeah, I can most certainly tell a difference between Stage I sport on 91 vs the setup now. I'm probably running around 95 octane (wanted to be overlysafe). This car comes alive with some octane and aggressive tuning. How much better can it get? Apparently, even better
You d be surprised what stage + 1 does to your car.. I think I hurt corvettes owner feeling a few days back.. He had to build up his ego by passing a couple of slow moving cars..
__________________
2014 F25 X3 M-Sport Carbon Black, Technology/Premium/Winter/Driver Assistance
2011 e92 335is DCT - Cobb, ETS IC, AFE DCI, BMW PS kit, M3 control arms, various cosmetic improvements RETIRED!
2007 X3 RETIRED!
2006 e90 330i 132k miles RETIRED!
romanonj is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:19 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST