E90Post

Extreme Power House

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Cobb AP Installed

05-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #23
marv85
Colonel

Drives: '07 335i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
California's lack of 93 is seriously frustrating. I wouldn't mind mixing a little 100 if there were more than two stations in central LA that weren't both in Santa Monica and didn't charge $9.99 a gallon! I had to mix 50/50 with my M6 for almost a year before I finally got the right tune installed. That's an expensive fill up on the other side of town!

Now California's crap gas will limit my options with the Cobb AP my friend just picked up for me yesterday at Cobb's HQ in Austin. Once again, I may be crossing town to get 100 so I can drive much too aggressively on hot days! Curse you California! Give us 93!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bimmer View Post
I hear you on that. Luckily the closest unocal 76 to me is the one that carries the 100 sunoco. I don't care as much at the $9.99p/gallon as I do having to time my fill-ups around that one particular gas station lol. That's what's nice about the AP, can switch back to sport mode in minutes.
Methanol is your cure
      05-02-2013, 08:51 PM   #24
SharkBait
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2010 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by marv85 View Post
Methanol is your cure
Yeah. I am not there yet. Warranties and all that. Plus this is supposed to be my no nonsense reliable daily driver. I've got other cars that should get meth before this one.
      05-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #25
marv85
Colonel

Drives: '07 335i MT

Quote:
Yeah. I am not there yet. Warranties and all that. Plus this is supposed to be my no nonsense reliable daily driver. I've got other cars that should get meth before this one.
lol, I know what you mean. I just got a low miles E92 with factory warranty. still I'm getting meth installed. My thinking was what is the use of warranty if I'm not going to break stuff and get them fixed for free. If I end up waiting like my old car, I'll end up fixing out of pocket. It is a hassle to remove mods but it is totally worth it when you get new parts
      05-02-2013, 10:24 PM   #26
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
California's lack of 93 is seriously frustrating. I wouldn't mind mixing a little 100 if there were more than two stations in central LA that weren't both in Santa Monica and didn't charge $9.99 a gallon! I had to mix 50/50 with my M6 for almost a year before I finally got the right tune installed. That's an expensive fill up on the other side of town!

Now California's crap gas will limit my options with the Cobb AP my friend just picked up for me yesterday at Cobb's HQ in Austin. Once again, I may be crossing town to get 100 so I can drive much too aggressively on hot days! Curse you California! Give us 93!

Luckily here in the valley I have several E85 fuel stations. If it was for that it'll be no fun.

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
VNeBLOB42 is offline   United_States
      05-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #27
Mr.Bimmer
Lieutenant

Drives: 2010 E90 M3 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithiral67 View Post
for power, fmic should be your next purchase. the stock one sucks really bad.
I agree 100%. I just wish they weren't so expensive.

I got the itch to bump to the Stage I aggressive yesterday. So I went to my local 76 and filled up Sunoco 100 unleaded octane. Yeah, I can most certainly tell a difference between Stage I sport on 91 vs the setup now. I'm probably running around 95 octane (wanted to be overlysafe). This car comes alive with some octane and aggressive tuning. How much better can it get? Apparently, even better
      05-05-2013, 03:08 PM   #28
romanonj
Captain

Drives: X3 and 335is w/DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bimmer View Post
I agree 100%. I just wish they weren't so expensive.

I got the itch to bump to the Stage I aggressive yesterday. So I went to my local 76 and filled up Sunoco 100 unleaded octane. Yeah, I can most certainly tell a difference between Stage I sport on 91 vs the setup now. I'm probably running around 95 octane (wanted to be overlysafe). This car comes alive with some octane and aggressive tuning. How much better can it get? Apparently, even better
You d be surprised what stage + 1 does to your car.. I think I hurt corvettes owner feeling a few days back.. He had to build up his ego by passing a couple of slow moving cars..
2006 e90 330i 132k miles RETIRED!