E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > How to lock rear H&R coilovers adjusters?

05-03-2013, 10:43 PM   #1
Evochuck
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 335xi 09

How to lock rear H&R coilovers adjusters?

Everything is currently installed on the car but I have it set to the lowest possible since I have ho idea how to lock the rear in place.
Once the adjuster is installed in the lower suspension arm, the threaded perch is just screwed in, i can raise/lower it but there is nothing to secure it in place......nothing tells me if with not move due to vibrations during driving.

I was think thing of buying a nylock nut and just screwing it in....anyone else has an idea?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2013, 08:34 AM   #2
Cuba
Cuba
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07 328xi

I have kw's and the rears do not move. I think the compression is so high that it stops itself from moving.
07 328xi Monaco Blue|Premium|Cold|Navi|CA|LLumar|Mtec|DDM|aFe|Ambe r-Gone|Rear Fogs|Bimmian|PY-Speed|OEM|e92-lighting|V1|BavAuto|Weisslicht|Cyba|Beyern|Falken| Sonic Tuning|ECS Tuning|JL Audio|Rockford Fosgate
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2013, 08:43 AM   #3
#Tee
Chronic trollololer level 60
Rep

Drives: yes

they are self locking with spring tension/weight compression.

#TeamStretchNpoke IG:Tee212

custom cf rear side diffuser add ons for sale (e9x,M3s,f3x) pm me for details. thread http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=962442
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2013, 08:46 AM   #4
SLCGoonski
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2008 335i

Yep. The locking screws on the GC's I have are for peace of mind only.
08 335i e90 TiAg/Black, Premium, Sport, Step, Cold Weather, BMW Perf. shifter/e-brake, M3 lip spoiler, blacklines, aFe intake, VMR 710s, Gloss black vinyl trim, black 3.5" DiMisa tips, Procede V5, ar Design OCC, ETS 5" intercooler (black), MTech wheel, rear bumper, and side skirts, Stett CP, Forge DVs, LUX 5.1, Ground Control Coil-overs, OEM split armrest, Raceland catless DPs, BIM Coded...
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2013, 10:13 AM   #5
gogunbaba
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 08 335I E90

you have to use both of the wrenches provided to lock it in place. Don't forget to use the C clip at the bottom. You will need a needle nose plier(makes it so much easier) to put the C clip in place.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2013, 09:16 PM   #6
Evochuck
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 335xi 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogunbaba View Post
you have to use both of the wrenches provided to lock it in place. Don't forget to use the C clip at the bottom. You will need a needle nose plier(makes it so much easier) to put the C clip in place.
Everything is already installed but I bought the kit used and never got the actual c clip, what it its purpose, prevent the threaded adjuster from completely unscrewing out? (that you be pretty unlikely since it would mean the car it raising by itself:S )

So by reading most of the comments, it seems to be safe to just adjust the height and leave it as is unlocked and nothing should happen.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2013, 06:47 AM   #7
gogunbaba
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 08 335I E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evochuck View Post
Everything is already installed but I bought the kit used and never got the actual c clip, what it its purpose, prevent the threaded adjuster from completely unscrewing out? (that you be pretty unlikely since it would mean the car it raising by itself:S )

So by reading most of the comments, it seems to be safe to just adjust the height and leave it as is unlocked and nothing should happen.
you are correct, that is the purpose. You know someone engineered that for a purpose
Appreciate 0