E90Post

Alpine HID

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > 10 Years Later...Still no WMDs

05-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #133
OldArmy
Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-rex View Post
Number 1 GOP war mongerer... Johnny McCain
Ahhhh, but America's Number One killer, holding the heavyweight title for five years now is....Obama!
OldArmy is offline   United_States
      05-04-2013, 01:24 PM   #134
Endless619
DHS

Drives: bmw x5, m3, Acura TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
10 years ago yesterday the United States invaded the country of Iraq. We have yet to find the Weapons of Mass Destruction that were our reason for invading. We have yet to find any link between the regime of Saddam Hussein and Al Qaeda or Osama Bin Laden. In fact it looks like al we have to show for our latest war in Iraq is a $3 Trillion bill, 4347 dead US military personnel since "Mission Accomplished", and an Iraq that is now aligned with Iran. So what exactly was the end game supposed to be oh great Bush and Cheney?

At the time we invaded, I distinctly remember that if you were against the war, you were against the US. If anyone dared to question the policies of the Bush administration at that time, they were met with stiff public outcry. Anyone recall how fast the Dixie Chicks dropped from the face of the earth?

10 years later, thousands of people dead, and trillions wasted on a lie.

I am still against the war we waged in Iraq, and will always be ashamed that we invaded another country with information that was knowingly false.

What do you mean we?

And some of your information is not entirely accurate. There are things the general public does not know and rightfully so.
Endless619 is offline   Spain
      05-04-2013, 01:32 PM   #135
Endless619
DHS

Drives: bmw x5, m3, Acura TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate4641 View Post
Heres the facts you really need to pay attention to. The media doesn't always know what they're talking about. Just because the media reported that no WMDs were found doesn't mean that no WMDs were found. There were reports however, that got swept away very quickly mind you, that a number of large number of convoys were headed for the borders before and during the invasion. Sadam was under a lot of pressure for quite awhile about if he did or didn't have anything and it would have been enough time for anything he did have to be mobilized. Ever think we didn't find them in Iraq because they were moved? For the stuff he supposedly had it would not have been that hard. Surveillance technology wasn't as great back then as it is today.

If you weren't there, you can't say something did or did not happen. Just because the media says something, doesn't make it true. They have been wrong before, and they will be wrong again. American media is also excessively bias, there really isn't any network that doesn't tend to lean one way or the other.

You also have to realize that it was a very confusing time for this country. People wanted justice for 9/11 and started to hear what they wanted. The UN wasn't doing anything about Sadam's refusals for inspection and the US was gearing up to take action to make it happen. It might have been wrong to mislead Americans into thinking that we went into Iraq solely because of 9/11, but it was part of it and that emotion and support helped get done something that needed to get done.

Yes people died in the war in Iraq, it was a war. However there was one year when more Marines died in the states than in theater. OIF was not a very bloody war, it went on for a long time, but the death toll was nothing compared to Vietnam or WWII or Korea. The first Gulf War gave Americans this misunderstanding about war that we could win a war in a very short amount of time with minimal casualties. Unfortunately that just isn't true. It gets even worse when the enemy changes the game and goes unconventional.

Try to also imagine (and yes I know this is hard) all the good things that came out of us going to war. A lot of technology we use everyday is stuff that is prototyped and tested in the military then trickled down into civilian use. Modern GPS is one example.

I never got to go to Iraq, it's one of my biggest regrets of my Marine Corps career. I just happened to get stationed at a non deployable unit and missed by chance. I did however go to Afghanistan and I can speak from experience that the media has no clue what is really going on there. Talking to OIF vets a lot of things are similar when it comes to dealing with locals. Its a lot of stuff embedded media never really get to see and experience because they aren't there long enough and they are usually only looking for specific stories that will sell.

Its easy to sit back and criticize what happened if you weren't involved. Intel isn't always right. The people who gather intel are human and sometimes mistakes happen. I fully believe going to Iraq was a good thing, at least for getting rid of Sadam and his regime. He was an easier target than North Korea or other dictators, and we accomplished that mission.

The WMD issue is a complicated one though. Just because we didn't find them doesn't mean he didn't have them. And I know this is hard to follow, but just because the media says we didn't find them doesn't mean thats completely true. Sometimes its the better idea to say you didn't find what you were looking for even if you did, sadly someone is going to have to take the blame.

Also just because its trendy to hate on Bush and blame him for all of the countries problems doesn't mean that those opinions are true.
Good post and almost spot on.
Endless619 is offline   Spain
      05-04-2013, 05:49 PM   #136
P-rex
Second Lieutenant

Drives: Black 335is DCT

To the contrary... US was tracking all of the so-called mobile WMD that they based their claim on....

The fact is they didn't have WMD... And saddam said himself after his capture that he had to make his enemies believe he had them so Iran especially would not attack... Remember they had that 10 year US backed war with Iran

The fact was that Iraq was so crippled after the 1st gulf war.... They second war ended in just days.... They had no troops.. No weapons ... And no money

The facts don't lie... No WMDs
      05-04-2013, 08:02 PM   #137
bbbbmw
Lieutenant

Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-rex
To the contrary... US was tracking all of the so-called mobile WMD that they based their claim on....

The fact is they didn't have WMD... And saddam said himself after his capture that he had to make his enemies believe he had them so Iran especially would not attack... Remember they had that 10 year US backed war with Iran

The fact was that Iraq was so crippled after the 1st gulf war.... They second war ended in just days.... They had no troops.. No weapons ... And no money

The facts don't lie... No WMDs
Keep telling yourself that. And who could question Sadaam's honesty? With WMDs he was a war criminal. Without them, he was a victim. Why would he lie?
      05-04-2013, 08:10 PM   #138
P-rex
Second Lieutenant

How was he a war criminal?

He was the legitimate leader of the sovereign Iraq

George Bush is a war criminal ... He invaded a sovereign country without UN approval

Georgy also concede that the intel was inconclusive and penis Cheney was the one who pushed him to pull the trigger on the second gulf war
      05-04-2013, 08:14 PM   #139
P-rex
Second Lieutenant

Lets not forget the double standard of the US...

Israel recently admitted the were still using white phosphorus tipped missiles against the Palestinians...

White phosphorous missiles were banned as chemical weapons by the international community a long time ago...

Ask yourself why Israel is above international law
      05-04-2013, 08:15 PM   #140
Mss396
Jet Pilot

Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
How was he a war criminal?

He was the legitimate leader of the sovereign Iraq

George Bush is a war criminal ... He invaded a sovereign country without UN approval

Georgy also concede that the intel was inconclusive and penis Cheney was the one who pushed him to pull the trigger on the second gulf war
But I believe Comgress said OK
Mss396 is offline   Germany
      05-04-2013, 08:15 PM   #141
P-rex
Second Lieutenant

Also, I really want to know why USA is not a member state of the ICC?
      05-04-2013, 10:44 PM   #142
bbbbmw
Lieutenant

Quote:
Lets not forget the double standard of the US...

Israel recently admitted the were still using white phosphorus tipped missiles against the Palestinians...

White phosphorous missiles were banned as chemical weapons by the international community a long time ago...

Ask yourself why Israel is above international law
The Palestinians were firing white phosphorus missiles into Israel.

Israel fired back, using WP against military targets, not people (unlike the Palestinians).

White Phosphorus is not a chemical weapon. It is against international rules of war to use it against people.

What's the double standard of the US?
      05-04-2013, 10:51 PM   #143
bbbbmw
Lieutenant

Quote:
Because in the US we have documents called the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights. They do not allow us to hand over our sovereign and supreme authority to an international court. It also outlines human rights, an appeals process (the ICC has none) and the role of our three branches of government, all which would be subrogated to an international court. So I wouldn't look for the US to ratify membership in the ICC anytime soon.
      05-05-2013, 05:05 AM   #144
Ahmed
Private First Class

Drives: 2013 C63 AMG

Garage List
1999 BMW M5  [0.50]
Quote:
So did Saddam! He invaded Kuwait straight up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Source? Or just another "ooh look we are victims" comment?

Ahmed is offline   Bahrain
      05-05-2013, 08:16 AM   #145
P-rex
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw
Quote:
Because in the US we have documents called the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights. They do not allow us to hand over our sovereign and supreme authority to an international court. It also outlines human rights, an appeals process (the ICC has none) and the role of our three branches of government, all which would be subrogated to an international court. So I wouldn't look for the US to ratify membership in the ICC anytime soon.
That's why people like Amanda q Vknox can evade justices from committing crimes abroad....
      05-05-2013, 08:40 AM   #146
OldArmy
Lieutenant

Quote:
That's why people like Amanda q Vknox can evade justices from committing crimes abroad....
Really? What was it about the evidence you heard while you were in the courtroom that convinced you she was guilty?
      05-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #147
bbbbmw
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed
Quote:
So did Saddam! He invaded Kuwait straight up!

Quote:
Source? Or just another "ooh look we are victims" comment?
White phosphorus fired by Palestinians:

http://www.jpost.com/MiddleEast/Article.aspx?id=188206

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4046898,00.html
      05-05-2013, 01:41 PM   #148
Ahmed
Private First Class

Drives: 2013 C63 AMG

Garage List
1999 BMW M5  [0.50]
Quote:

Now how about a non biased source? If you may please...

Ahmed is offline   Bahrain
      05-05-2013, 08:13 PM   #149
bbbbmw
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed
Quote:

Now how about a non biased source? If you may please...
I don't know the name of the Palestinian newspaper - but I'm sure they would be unbiased. I'm certain of it....
      05-05-2013, 08:37 PM   #150
OldArmy
Lieutenant

Quote:
I don't know the name of the Palestinian newspaper - but I'm sure they would be unbiased. I'm certain of it....
Regardless of the ammo used, if they quit shooting at Israelis the Israelis will quit shooting at them.
      05-05-2013, 09:53 PM   #151
P-rex
Second Lieutenant

Congress is not the United Nations .. And that is why the coalition invading were dummy countries
      05-05-2013, 09:55 PM   #152
P-rex
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy
Quote:
Really? What was it about the evidence you heard while you were in the courtroom that convinced you she was guilty?
DNA don't lie
      05-05-2013, 09:57 PM   #153
P-rex
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy
Quote:
Regardless of the ammo used, if they quit shooting at Israelis the Israelis will quit shooting at them.
Israel is occupying Palestinian land... Freedom comes with a two State treaty
      05-05-2013, 10:03 PM   #154
P-rex
Second Lieutenant

Lets keep in mind.... During the holocaust..... Jews in the Middle East were not being murdered or targeted....
It was the Christians who were murdering Jews with the blessing of the pope...

Pope Benny was one of them.... The British are to blame for the Middle East conflict