E90Post

GTB Performance

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > 10 Years Later...Still no WMDs

05-05-2013, 10:17 PM   #155
Mss396
Jet Pilot

Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-rex View Post
Israel is occupying Palestinian land... Freedom comes with a two State treaty
Quote:
Palestine is a conventional name, among others, for the geographic region in Western Asia between the Mediterranean Sea and the Jordan River, and various adjoining lands. The region is also known as the Land of Israel the Holy Land, the Southern Levant, and historically has been known by other names including Canaan, Southern Syria and Jerusalem.
I don't believe they (Israel) is occupying anything that wasn't once theirs many years ago. See above
Mss396 is offline   Germany
      05-05-2013, 10:22 PM   #156
Mss396
Jet Pilot

Quote:
Lets keep in mind.... During the holocaust..... Jews in the Middle East were not being murdered or targeted....
It was the Christians who were murdering Jews with the blessing of the pope...

Pope Benny was one of them.... The British are to blame for the Middle East conflict
History lesson: the British came several centuries late to this ball game. I believe the Crusades is when England first became involved with the Middle East long after the Jews left Egypt and entered the promised land
      05-05-2013, 11:22 PM   #157
bbbbmw
Lieutenant

Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-rex
Lets keep in mind.... During the holocaust..... Jews in the Middle East were not being murdered or targeted....

Pope Benny was one of them.... The British are to blame for the Middle East conflict
Not sure what your point is about Holocaust, Jews, and Christians.

And the last time I checked, the British weren't lobbing bombs into Israel, or blowing themselves up in Israeli marketplaces.

Are you sure it's not the Canadians?
      05-06-2013, 12:39 AM   #158
Ahmed
Private First Class

Drives: 2013 C63 AMG

Garage List
1999 BMW M5  [0.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
I don't know the name of the Palestinian newspaper - but I'm sure they would be unbiased. I'm certain of it....
Comic... but still waiting for that source.

Ahmed is offline   Bahrain
      05-06-2013, 07:07 AM   #159
P-rex
Second Lieutenant

Drives: Black 335is DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw
Quote:

Not sure what your point is about Holocaust, Jews, and Christians.

And the last time I checked, the British weren't lobbing bombs into Israel, or blowing themselves up in Israeli marketplaces.

Are you sure it's not the Canadians?
The British who invaded Palestine... Occupied it and later unlawfully gifted the Jews with the land.... Are to be blamed for the 'no peace in the middle east'.

Jews and the Muslims did not have these issues until the Jews started taking land that wasn't theirs...
      05-06-2013, 09:01 AM   #160
Mss396
Jet Pilot

Quote:
The British who invaded Palestine... Occupied it and later unlawfully gifted the Jews with the land.... Are to be blamed for the 'no peace in the middle east'.

Jews and the Muslims did not have these issues until the Jews started taking land that wasn't theirs...
I believe that the Jews were there (Old Testament) long before the Muslims (7th century AD) were even a religion.
      05-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #161
P-rex
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mss396
Quote:

I believe that the Jews were there (Old Testament) long before the Muslims (7th century AD) were even a religion.
Palestinian's are tribal Arabs... Arabs were there first... Old Testament hold no value where this is concerned...
      05-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #162
bbbbmw
Lieutenant

A serious question - From the Arab perspective, what is the lineage of the Arab people, starting with Abraham (Ibrahim?)?
      05-07-2013, 08:06 AM   #163
reelop19
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2006 325i

Lol at this thread. The Palestinians have rights to Israeli land? Seriously? Would you give back the US to the Indians? I didn't think so. The Palestinians of today just like the Indians of our past have no rights to that land and if you gave it to them would do far worse with it than the Israelis. For gods sake they hate you and want to kill you and you care about land???
      05-07-2013, 08:42 PM   #164
P-rex
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
A serious question - From the Arab perspective, what is the lineage of the Arab people, starting with Abraham (Ibrahim?)?
Mesopotamians..... Supersedes the mythological figure Abraham
      05-07-2013, 08:50 PM   #165
P-rex
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelop19
Lol at this thread. The Palestinians have rights to Israeli land? Seriously? Would you give back the US to the Indians? I didn't think so. The Palestinians of today just like the Indians of our past have no rights to that land and if you gave it to them would do far worse with it than the Israelis. For gods sake they hate you and want to kill you and you care about land???
Who hates us? The Palestinians don't.... They are a mix of Christian and Muslim Arabs.... If Obama landed and departed from visiting the West Bank .... Without incident..... That speaks very loud of them
      05-08-2013, 04:49 AM   #166
OldArmy
Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si

This is tedious and will not go anywhere. Especially the declarations of eternal love from the expat arabs who champion the palestinians and yet just can't seem to get there in person to join the cause.
OldArmy is offline   United_States
      05-08-2013, 05:03 AM   #167
amanda hor$t
Banned

Drives: a380

i just want to point out that like christians, there are several jewish denominations. israel is run by zionists (the most extreme/exclusive sect). the most devout (spirtually) jews are haredis, who have no power in israel. while jews aren't missionaries, it's not supposed to be exclusive either: god gave everyone the torah.

what's funny to me is that zionists consider most american jews "mutts", yet we're so eager to help them. solomon's temple is about as significant as the great wall of china, definitely a headscratcher why that area is so hotly contested.

Last edited by amanda hor$t; 05-08-2013 at 05:12 AM.
      05-08-2013, 08:24 AM   #168
Ahmed
Private First Class

Drives: 2013 C63 AMG

Garage List
1999 BMW M5  [0.50]
Two state is not gonna work. They must remove Israel and Palestine and call it something else. These guys lived together in peace of centuries, why split them and cause this shit????

Ahmed is offline   Bahrain
      05-08-2013, 04:13 PM   #169
P-rex
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed
Two state is not gonna work. They must remove Israel and Palestine and call it something else. These guys lived together in peace of centuries, why split them and cause this shit????
This was a strategically done by the British empire...

Similarly, the British Empire split
1. Kuwait from Iraq
2. Kashmir from India
      05-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #170
Mss396
Jet Pilot

Quote:

1. Kuwait from Iraq
2. Kashmir from India
Oh I'll just bet it was home sweet home in the Middle East under the Ottomans and those before them prior to 1918. In fact it may have been worse. Study your history first then speak you won't look so foolish
      05-08-2013, 09:59 PM   #171
bbbbmw
Lieutenant

Found this on the web:
-----------------------------------------
In 1854, according to a report in the New York Tribune, Jews constituted two-thirds of the population of that holy city. (The source: A journalist on assignment in the Middle East that year for the Tribune. His name was Karl Marx -- yes, that Karl Marx.)

In 1867, Mark Twain took a tour of Palestine. This is how he described that land: "A desolate country whose soil is rich enough but is given over wholly to weeds. A silent, mournful expanse. We never saw a human."

In 1882, official Ottoman Turk census figures showed that, in the entire Land of Israel, there were only 141 000 Muslims, both Arab and non-Arab.

A travel guide to Palestine and Syria was published in 1906 by Karl Baedeker; The book estimated the total population of Jerusalem at 60,000, of whom 7,000 were Muslims, 13,000 were Christians and 40,000 were Jews.

As the Jews came and drained the swamps and made the deserts bloom, Arabs followed. They came for jobs, for prosperity, for freedom. And, they came in large numbers.

In 1922, with what was widely acknowledged as the illegal separation of Transjordan, the Jews were forbidden to settle on almost 77% of Palestine, while Arab settlement went unrestricted and actually encouraged by British mandatory authority.

Prior to the Second World War, Mojli Amin, a member of the Arab Defense Committee for Palestine, proposed the idea "that all the Arabs of Palestine will leave and be divided up amongst the neighboring Arab countries. In exchange for this, all the Jews living in Arab countries will leave and come to Palestine."

Did you know that Saudi Arabia was not created until 1913, Lebanon until 1920? Iraq did not exist as a nation until 1932, Syria until 1941; the borders of Jordan were established in 1946, and Kuwait in 1961. Any of these nations that would say Israel is only a recent arrival would have to deny their own rights as recent arrivals as well. They did not exist as countries. They were all under the control of the Turks. Over 80% of the original British Mandate land was given to Arabs, without population transfer of Arabs from the land designated for Jews.

In 1947, the Jewish state huddled on 18% of the original British Mandate land. The Jews accepted it gratefully. The Arabs rejected it with a vengeance and seven Arab states immediately declared war against Israel.

In 1948, the Arab refugees were encouraged to leave Israel by Arab leaders promising to purge the land of Jews. Most of them left in fear of being killed by their own Arab brothers as traitors.

Some 850,000 Jewish refugees were forced to flee from Arab countries, due to Arab brutality, persecution and pogroms.

The number of Arab refugees who left Israel in 1948 is claimed to be around 630,000 (but where did they get this number?). Based on population census, the estimated number of Arabs who left Israel was around 460,000. They were ordered to leave by Arab leaders at the time.

From 1948 till 1967 Arabs made no attempt to create a Palestinian state. Under Jordanian rule, Jewish holy sites were desecrated, 58 synagogues in Jerusalem were destroyed, and the Jews and Christians were denied access to places of worship. Under Israeli rule, all Muslim and Christian sites have been preserved and made accessible to people of all faiths.

Arabs began identifying themselves as part of a Palestinian people in 1964 only, on the initiative of Egyptian-born Yasser Arafat. The idea became popular Arab propaganda tool after Israel re-captured Judea, Samaria and Gaza in the defensive Six-Day War of 1967,

Out of the 100,000,000 refugees since World War II, Arab-Palestinians are the only refugee group in the world that has never been absorbed or integrated into their own peoples' lands. Jewish refugees were completely absorbed into Israel.

Arab refugees INTENTIONALLY were not absorbed or integrated by the rich Arab oil states that control 99.9 percent of the Middle East landmass. They are kept as virtual prisoners by the Arab power brokers with misplaced hatred for Jews and Western democracy.

There is only one Jewish state. There are 60 Muslim countries, including 22 Arab nations.

The PLO's Charter still calls for the destruction of the State of Israel.

Pan-Arabism, or the doctrine of Muslim Caliphate, declares that all land that used to belong to Muslims must be returned to them. Thus, Spain, for example, must eventually be re-conquered.
      05-09-2013, 07:50 AM   #172
P-rex
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mss396
Quote:

1. Kuwait from Iraq
2. Kashmir from India
Oh I'll just bet it was home sweet home in the Middle East under the Ottomans and those before them prior to 1918. In fact it may have been worse. Study your history first then speak you won't look so foolish
Your comments are useless, irrelevant and uneducated... We are talking about how Israel was formed...

And please prove me wrong of the strategic break up of the other two countries that I mentioned...

When the British empire left the Middle East and India... It was in their strategic interest to ensure a destabilized region so that regional powers do not align to become stronger then them...

If you are trying to educate me on American history.... That is sad since America ranks far below many first world and third world counties...

You truly AREN'T smarter than a 5th grader...

05-09-2013, 12:57 PM   #173
amanda hor$t
Banned

^ oh i thought it was just so they could sell guns to both sides
      05-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #174
bbbbmw
Lieutenant

Quote:
Quote:
Why would you say Abraham was "mythical?" There is archaeological evidence, and I believe the Muslims recognize him as well. What's the Mesopotamian connection?
      05-12-2013, 09:58 PM   #175
amanda hor$t
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Why would you say Abraham was "mythical?" There is archaeological evidence, and I believe the Muslims recognize him as well. What's the Mesopotamian connection?
that was the ruling kingdom at the time
      05-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #176
P-rex
Second Lieutenant

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No evidence to date... Wikipedia is my written source...