E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Xcarlink Video Interface CCC Idrive screen interference

05-06-2013, 06:07 AM   #1
Snoopy Singh
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: 2006/56 E92 335D

Xcarlink Video Interface CCC Idrive screen interference

I just installed my Xcarlink video interface and when I playback a dvd there is interference on the idrive lcd. Still watchable just some wavy lines appearing. The video signal cable has been tested, replaced it anyway with a high quality shielded one and also shielded the power and gnd cables for the dvd player. Still the same issue. When I threw in a cctv noise filter, it solved the poor quality image, but then playback dropped out for a few seconds every 3 or 4 mins.

Has anyone got any ideas or having the same issues. I would love some help on this.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #2
Dr.M.Kassab
Enlisted Member
Lebanon
Rep

Drives: 330i Sedan

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Dr.M.Kassab
first of all.. u need to check your cable if anything is short circuiting.. and seconds.. does the audio sound OK? or is it having any interference? if so.. it might you your aux input causing the issue.. i read it somewhere here on the forums with some users..
good luck
BTW.. u could post some pics of the cables.. maybe some users might spot an issue that u may have missed
      05-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #3
Snoopy Singh
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thank you for your response. I have triple checked cabling connections and found no issues. Will upload pics as fast as I can. The dvd player is wired as follows -:

12v Hot (constant live) from Interior lights fuse using fuse tap
12v Acc (switched live) from Aux power point (cigarette lighter) fuse using fuse tap

Gnd from Nearside wheel arch gnd points in the boot.

Video Output cable is going from dvd player to the av1 input on media interface which is wired into idrive headunit using plug n play harness. Audio output from dvd player is plugged in to aux socket in centre console. Everything is working flawlessly apart from occasional Interference.

Audio can be heard fine. Need to really turn it up though on aux mode to hear it at a reasonable level. Strange thing is that you can hear interference when the idrive is in aux mode without anything plugged into the socket. I removed the socket and interrogated the circuit board inside and found nothing to suggest faulty socket. Even when playing dvd without sound cable plugged in, the interference is still preset.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 12:36 PM   #4
Dr.M.Kassab
Enlisted Member
Lebanon
Rep

Drives: 330i Sedan

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Dr.M.Kassab
did you try changing the 12v inputs acc and hot lines.. ?
if u remove the audio cable does the interference still exists..
if it doesn't then u have an issue with your auxiliary audio input
      05-24-2013, 11:55 AM   #5
Snoopy Singh
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks for your suggestion. I will try another 12v hot and 12v acc to see if this helps.

Interference is still present even if nothing plugged into aux port. I replaced this anyway as it wasn't expensive.

Will report back

cheers.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 11:12 AM   #6
Snoopy Singh
Enlisted Member
Rep

Swapped the 12v hot and switched lines for the dvd player over from the fuse box and into the video interface 12 hot and switched. Also swapped the gnd cable from nearside rear wheel arch and used the gnd for the video interface too.

This has cleared up the interference that I was experiencing on my idrive screen when playing movies etc.

Thank you for your suggestions, they worked a treat.

Now need to figure out why the aux input sounds shit

cheers
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 11:02 PM   #7
WRichieX
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07 335i e93 6MT

Garage List
Hey snoopy did you install a rearview? Im having trouble getting it to work. Im not getting ebough power or something. Only works when the engine is shut off and put ibto reverse. Even then the picture is shitty. Any suggestions?

07 BMW 335i E93 6MT (Praying neighborhood doesn't get flooded...again)
04 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT (Flooded)
08 Audi TT 2.0T DSG (Flooded)
03 Subaru WRX 5MT (Flooded)
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2013, 06:21 PM   #8
Snoopy Singh
Enlisted Member
Rep

I didn't install the rear view camera. My currently installed video interface has a 12v feed for the camera in its harness. I had a previous interface replaced due to a fault, (same one as now xcarlink), and the wiring config for the camera was different. It had 12v for camera and also a trigger wire for reverse switch.

How are you powering the camera? Are the video input signal cable and power cable running along side each other up one side of the car? Is it the side were car battery cables run?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2013, 05:53 AM   #9
beema_geeza
Rep

Drives: e93 black m sport red leather

hi new on here getting my first post in, hope its going to solve your problems

I've been installing cameras for a very long time and ive found that when you use the reverse light feed to trigger your interface and power the camera you get interference lines.
use the reverse feed to trigger the interface but power the camera off a seperate ignition live feed (so its powered when ignition is on or vehicle running)
it always works for me.
Appreciate 0