E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > E91 328i 3 Stage Manifold Conversion + Active Performance Software Build w/Dyno



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-17-2013, 09:57 PM   #67
optimaxed
Private First Class
United_States
1

 
Drives: 2012 R8, 2013 F30 328i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NC


Posts: 107
iTrader: (0)

50 up at wheels is 60hp at crank.

What is this car developing at crank ? 280hp+?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 09:36 PM   #68
Tony v
Second Lieutenant
2

 
Tony v's Avatar
 
Drives: bmw 330i benz cls500
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: bay area


Posts: 232
iTrader: (0)

this is great since they dont sell a 330i coupe e92 here
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 11:31 AM   #69
vilord
Private
0

 
Drives: 2007 328xiT
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: boston


Posts: 71
iTrader: (1)

What are the differences between the factory 330i flash and the active performance flash?

Has anyone successfully just loaded a 330i's factory flash onto their 325/328's DME after installing the manifold?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 12:15 PM   #70
Tim603
Major
United_States
19

 
Drives: 2007 335i E90
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North Canton, OH


Posts: 1,029
iTrader: (3)

Where have a majority of you guys been getting your 3stage IMs from? Junkyards, e90post, buying new? Want to do this at some point for sure
__________________
Just picked up an E90 07 335

Bone stock.....for now
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 12:27 PM   #71
yakev724
Brigadier General
Russian Federation
61

 
yakev724's Avatar
 
Drives: 00 RX300
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ithaca, NY


Posts: 3,559
iTrader: (49)

Very cool dyno -- you can actually see the 3 stages in action:

0-3k - big difference in usable power here, car will def. feel more powerful in normal daily driving.

3k-4.5k - little/no difference -- seems the 328 manifold/DME is tuned most similarly to this 2nd stage

4k+ - big hp jump, biggest difference in this stage


Looks like this is a great upgrade not just for top-end power/fooling around but gives a good 25-30 hp/tq down low for 90% of daily driving. Makes a cheap MT 325 that much more appealing...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim603 View Post
Where have a majority of you guys been getting your 3stage IMs from? Junkyards, e90post, buying new? Want to do this at some point for sure
www (dot) car-part (dot) com

junkyard database. keep in mind I think these are available on 330, x3 3.0si, x5 3.0i, z4 3.0si
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 12:36 PM   #72
Tim603
Major
United_States
19

 
Drives: 2007 335i E90
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: North Canton, OH


Posts: 1,029
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakev724 View Post
Very cool dyno -- you can actually see the 3 stages in action:

0-3k - big difference in usable power here, car will def. feel more powerful in normal daily driving.

3k-4.5k - little/no difference -- seems the 328 manifold/DME is tuned most similarly to this 2nd stage

4k+ - big hp jump, biggest difference in this stage


Looks like this is a great upgrade not just for top-end power/fooling around but gives a good 25-30 hp/tq down low for 90% of daily driving. Makes a cheap MT 325 that much more appealing...




www (dot) car-part (dot) com

junkyard database. keep in mind I think these are available on 330, x3 3.0si, x5 3.0i, z4 3.0si
sweet thanks man!
__________________
Just picked up an E90 07 335

Bone stock.....for now
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 01:16 PM   #73
Viral@ActiveAutowerke
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
14


 
Viral@ActiveAutowerke's Avatar
 
Drives: 1 of a kind ;)
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Miami, Florida


Posts: 459
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 135i  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to Viral@ActiveAutowerke
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimaxed View Post
50 up at wheels is 60hp at crank.

What is this car developing at crank ? 280hp+?
Correct with complete Bolt On's & Performance Software bring the N52 close to 280+ BHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony v View Post
this is great since they dont sell a 330i coupe e92 here


Quote:
Originally Posted by vilord View Post
What are the differences between the factory 330i flash and the active performance flash?

The 330i Performance Flash throttle settings are adjusted to be much more responsive and we calibrate the ECU to utilize higher grade octane more efficiently and increase power in the mid-range and top end of the vehicle.

Has anyone successfully just loaded a 330i's factory flash onto their 325/328's DME after installing the manifold?

Many people have the misconception that you can transfer a 330i tune directly into a 325/328 this is not the case. We calibrate the software based on each car and the modifications are that are on them to increase power within safe parameters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim603 View Post
Where have a majority of you guys been getting your 3stage IMs from? Junkyards, e90post, buying new? Want to do this at some point for sure
Many of our customers have found the 3 Stage Manifold from BMW Dealerships, Tischer, Junkyards, etc. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions or would like more information.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2013, 07:15 PM   #74
optimaxedm3
Enlisted Member
0

 
Drives: F30 '13 328i, E91'07 328i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: FL


Posts: 31
iTrader: (0)

Can anyone else who has had an AA custom tune with the 3 stage intake comment about the improvements, and driveability ?
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2013, 04:58 PM   #75
Bimmer-Bob
!
United_States
31

 
Bimmer-Bob's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 128i
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Camp Lejeune, NC


Posts: 2,240
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
So the original car in this thread - the wagon w/ the new manifold - did it get a custom tune that is different in any way than what we would get if we flashed at home? What if we went to one of your dealers? Oceanside Motorsports is semi-local to me and I'm considering asking them to quote me this same job (DISA + tune)...
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2013, 09:51 PM   #76
Mr.E92
Captain
United_States
6

 
Mr.E92's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 328i E92
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Orlando/Fort Walton Beach Florida


Posts: 686
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2012 328i Coupe  [0.00]
Viral please send me pricing info thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2013, 06:25 PM   #77
Bimmer-Bob
!
United_States
31

 
Bimmer-Bob's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 128i
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Camp Lejeune, NC


Posts: 2,240
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
So the original car in this thread - the wagon w/ the new manifold - did it get a custom tune that is different in any way than what we would get if we flashed at home? What if we went to one of your dealers? Oceanside Motorsports is semi-local to me and I'm considering asking them to quote me this same job (DISA + tune)...
Bumping this for an answer about your custom vs off-the-shelf tunes. Thanks.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2013, 07:08 PM   #78
GTKrockeTT
Private First Class
1

 
Drives:
Join Date: Sep 2007


Posts: 149
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
Bumping this for an answer about your custom vs off-the-shelf tunes. Thanks.
best thing to do is call them. i had a vanilla "stage 2 v3" or whatever AA tune, installed the 3 stage intake manifold, contacted them, and they sent me a custom dyno tune specific for the 3 stage intake. from what i understand, it was the same tune as the man purple E91 wagon they had just done. but, get in touch with them via phone, found that was the best way to track someone down.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2013, 10:13 PM   #79
danielh1018
New Member
0

 
Drives: E90 LCI 323i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Taiwan


Posts: 24
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral@ActiveAutowerke View Post
Correct with complete Bolt On's & Performance Software bring the N52 close to 280+ BHP.
It's amazing
Any real story about N52B25 you done ? 2.5L engine has different bore&stroke. Can you make it close to 230 BHP ?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 02:08 AM   #80
spacemonkey1112
Captain
United_States
15

 
spacemonkey1112's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 325i AW
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 818, CA


Posts: 983
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to spacemonkey1112
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTKrockeTT View Post
best thing to do is call them. i had a vanilla "stage 2 v3" or whatever AA tune, installed the 3 stage intake manifold, contacted them, and they sent me a custom dyno tune specific for the 3 stage intake. from what i understand, it was the same tune as the man purple E91 wagon they had just done. but, get in touch with them via phone, found that was the best way to track someone down.
That's what I like to hear! I can't wait for my simon tool to come in!
__________________
2006 E90 325i | Sports Package | 6MT | 3IM | PE | AA |
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 09:00 PM   #81
mammothboarderdc
Private First Class
United_States
1

 
mammothboarderdc's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 328i Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Huntington Beach CA


Posts: 138
iTrader: (0)

Please send me info on pricing, and if someone could fill me in on any little parts I need for the 3 stage intake manifold, that would be awesome. Could I take parts from an X3 N52 engine? I heard thats the most powerful version out of the 3.

I'm pretty new to all of this. haha
Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 12:19 PM   #82
mammothboarderdc
Private First Class
United_States
1

 
mammothboarderdc's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 328i Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Huntington Beach CA


Posts: 138
iTrader: (0)

Nvm found everything I need. Its a bit pricey, but looks like its worth it!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 12:37 PM   #83
dannie01
New Member
No_Country
0

 
Drives: 13 328i
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Hong Kong


Posts: 19
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielh1018 View Post
It's amazing
Any real story about N52B25 you done ? 2.5L engine has different bore&stroke. Can you make it close to 230 BHP ?
X 2
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2013, 02:49 PM   #84
mapleridge
Banned
42

 
Drives: E90 N52 AT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC


Posts: 2,681
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielh1018 View Post
It's amazing
Any real story about N52B25 you done ? 2.5L engine has different bore&stroke. Can you make it close to 230 BHP ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannie01 View Post
X 2
X3

I have the n52b25. It comes with the 3 stage stock but has different parts numbers than the 330i. I have headers, and secondary cat delete. Stock power is 175bhp. In Europe it is 218bhp. Would love to know if you guys can do something about the detuning from factory and optimize my mods.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 10:44 AM   #85
BoogeyMan'sBMW
Major
Bangladesh
18

 
BoogeyMan'sBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: SLOW
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Queens NY


Posts: 1,348
iTrader: (3)

Impressive jump, what is there to do for the 330's wanting more power
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 07:12 PM   #86
optimaxedm3
Enlisted Member
0

 
Drives: F30 '13 328i, E91'07 328i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: FL


Posts: 31
iTrader: (0)

For those who have done the 3 stage conversion and then had a standard AA tune or custom tune installed afterwards, how much more power/torque and improved driveability was there after the ECU tune ?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 04:16 PM   #87
optimaxed
Private First Class
United_States
1

 
Drives: 2012 R8, 2013 F30 328i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NC


Posts: 107
iTrader: (0)

Well I have had the 3 stage manifold and PE installed.
Just need to install upgraded intake then will get AA tune. Can't wait
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2013, 11:51 AM   #88
NorthernCAE90
First Lieutenant
5

 
NorthernCAE90's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 BMW 325I
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Modesto, CA


Posts: 361
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral@ActiveAutowerke View Post
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to share another tune we just completed on a N52 with 6 Speed Manual the Modifications are: 3 Stage Intake Manifold, Eisenmann Exhaust, Supersprint Headers, Drop In Filter. This took the vehicle from roughly 170 HP on our Mustang Dyno to 220 Wheel Horsepower.

Video:





Please feel free to chime and/or contact me directly if you have any questions.
DAMN INDEED!!!! Impressive work!!!

Is this possible for the 325i with full bolt ons?
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST