E90Post
 


GT Haus
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > FRM3R Retrofit on E91 2006



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-16-2013, 04:29 AM   #1
ChrizLoud
Vtech St2 - 380hp/750nm
 
ChrizLoud's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E61 535D LCI Touring
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sweden

Posts: 73
iTrader: (0)

Unhappy FRM3R Retrofit on E91 2006

Hi!

Just retrofitted the FRM3R in my E91 with LCI head and tail lights.
Flashed it and changed VIN.

Changed build date to 03/2010 to be sure that NCSExpert chooses the right coding options for FRM3.

Before coding it shows its using a FRM2 file but after coding ended it shows it used the FRM3 file anyways.

The problem i have is that i get fault codes on turn signals (and fast blinks) even after manually disabling "warm", "kalt" and "meld" for turnsignal?

I thought that was not even to need changing the checks since i have the FRM3 module now?
ChrizLoud is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      05-16-2013, 05:36 PM   #2
alexwhittemore
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2009 Crimson 328i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 1,682
iTrader: (0)

I could probably just search this, but while you've already created a new thread: what was the point of retrofitting an FRM3? What'd it get you in terms of coding (I assume coding possibilities were the driving force...)?
__________________
alexwhittemore is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-16-2013, 06:21 PM   #3
CasperSYTFU
SYTFU Crew
 
CasperSYTFU's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Toyota FJ
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 1,180
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
Coming from FRM1:
AE as DRL
Welcome Lights
Follow Me Home Lights.

Coming from FRM2:
Follow Me Home Lights.
__________________
CasperSYTFU is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      05-16-2013, 07:18 PM   #4
alexwhittemore
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2009 Crimson 328i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 1,682
iTrader: (0)

What are follow me home lights? Is that not the same as pathway lighting (click the high beam stock with key out, headlights come on for a configurable time, ~40s)?
__________________
alexwhittemore is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-17-2013, 02:01 AM   #5
ChrizLoud
Vtech St2 - 380hp/750nm
 
ChrizLoud's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E61 535D LCI Touring
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sweden

Posts: 73
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexwhittemore View Post
I could probably just search this, but while you've already created a new thread: what was the point of retrofitting an FRM3? What'd it get you in terms of coding (I assume coding possibilities were the driving force...)?
The cause is that i went from Pre-LCI Xenon AHL lights to LCI-Xenon without AHL and i was told that the only way to get my automatic height level adjustment back was to change to a FRM3 or a FMR2 from a car that doesn't have AHL.


Here is my tracefile if it could be of any help: Here is my .trc-file. http://www.filedropper.com/fswpsw Thanks.
ChrizLoud is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      05-17-2013, 03:04 AM   #6
alexwhittemore
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2009 Crimson 328i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 1,682
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrizLoud View Post
The cause is that i went from Pre-LCI Xenon AHL lights to LCI-Xenon without AHL and i was told that the only way to get my automatic height level adjustment back was to change to a FRM3 or a FMR2 from a car that doesn't have AHL.


Here is my tracefile if it could be of any help: Here is my .trc-file. http://www.filedropper.com/fswpsw Thanks.
Ahh, I see. I was going to say, I totally have pathway lighting in my frm2. Sorry I can't help with the actual problem
alexwhittemore is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-17-2013, 03:46 PM   #7
makkan00
Major General
 
makkan00's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 330D
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex

Posts: 7,157
iTrader: (48)

Which file do you have?
FRM3_E89.C31
or 32?
__________________
makkan00 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-17-2013, 04:28 PM   #8
ChrizLoud
Vtech St2 - 380hp/750nm
 
ChrizLoud's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E61 535D LCI Touring
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sweden

Posts: 73
iTrader: (0)

I have them both. I Will try to check tomorrow if its 31 or 32 in the Frm.
I used comfort mode so i guess it choosed the right one?
Do you think it could be flashed with the wrong version?
ChrizLoud is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      05-17-2013, 04:39 PM   #9
makkan00
Major General
 
makkan00's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 330D
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Essex

Posts: 7,157
iTrader: (48)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrizLoud
I have them both. I Will try to check tomorrow if its 31 or 32 in the Frm.
I used comfort mode so i guess it choosed the right one?
Do you think it could be flashed with the wrong version?
Don't know but when Ncsdummy try to read your file, none of the above accepts your file as valid.
__________________
makkan00 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2013, 02:54 PM   #10
ChrizLoud
Vtech St2 - 380hp/750nm
 
ChrizLoud's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E61 535D LCI Touring
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sweden

Posts: 73
iTrader: (0)

It was using .C32

I have with Winkfp flashed the FRM with the FRMPL2 instead of FRM3R. Now coding went ok. i had to change some lines manually, "LED Blinkers" and "LED Lichts" etc. to get rid of errors and hyper blinking.

The main problem still exist with the height adjustment not working. I can not access the frm with INPA since its expecting a FRM1. Is there a way to get a round this?
ChrizLoud is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #11
pweber84
Banned
 
pweber84's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 330d e91
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Berlin, Germany / PL, Posen

Posts: 347
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via Skype™ to pweber84
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrizLoud View Post
It was using .C32

I have with Winkfp flashed the FRM with the FRMPL2 instead of FRM3R. Now coding went ok. i had to change some lines manually, "LED Blinkers" and "LED Lichts" etc. to get rid of errors and hyper blinking.

The main problem still exist with the height adjustment not working. I can not access the frm with INPA since its expecting a FRM1. Is there a way to get a round this?
Do you have xenon headlights or halogen?
pweber84 is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2013, 03:15 PM   #12
ChrizLoud
Vtech St2 - 380hp/750nm
 
ChrizLoud's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E61 535D LCI Touring
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sweden

Posts: 73
iTrader: (0)

I Have LCI Xenon Lights.

Before i had Pre-LCI AHL-Xenon
ChrizLoud is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2013, 03:18 PM   #13
pweber84
Banned
 
pweber84's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 330d e91
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Berlin, Germany / PL, Posen

Posts: 347
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via Skype™ to pweber84
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrizLoud View Post
I Have LCI Xenon Lights.

Before i had Pre-LCI AHL-Xenon
So self-levveling doesn't work?
pweber84 is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2013, 03:27 PM   #14
ChrizLoud
Vtech St2 - 380hp/750nm
 
ChrizLoud's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E61 535D LCI Touring
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sweden

Posts: 73
iTrader: (0)

Exactly. It does not even go up and down when you start the engine/turn on the lights.

Auto_LWR active etc. cant find any faults in coding, removed the AHL from the VO etc.
ChrizLoud is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2013, 04:12 PM   #15
pweber84
Banned
 
pweber84's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 330d e91
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Berlin, Germany / PL, Posen

Posts: 347
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via Skype™ to pweber84
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrizLoud View Post
Exactly. It does not even go up and down when you start the engine/turn on the lights.

Auto_LWR active etc. cant find any faults in coding, removed the AHL from the VO etc.
Send me a part number of this FRM3 module, I will check something.
pweber84 is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2013, 04:26 PM   #16
ChrizLoud
Vtech St2 - 380hp/750nm
 
ChrizLoud's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E61 535D LCI Touring
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sweden

Posts: 73
iTrader: (0)



BMW NR. 61359209008
ChrizLoud is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      08-07-2013, 04:21 AM   #17
ChrizLoud
Vtech St2 - 380hp/750nm
 
ChrizLoud's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E61 535D LCI Touring
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sweden

Posts: 73
iTrader: (0)

Still having problems with auto leveling. Sorted everything else out.
Is the problem maybe different wiring?
To clarify i went from PRE-LCI AHL ---> LCI Bi-Xenon without AHL.
ChrizLoud is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      09-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #18
konstant
Registered
 
Drives: E90 330xD
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Russia

Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)

Try to add +MUEG to FA and don't change manufacturing date.

I also have a problem with FRM3. I have preLCI e90 and changed headlights to LCI also FRM to FRM3.
After that I have some problems:
1) Taillights
Voltage on outer parklights lower than on inner. I think it is
PWM_SL_1_FKT_PARKL parameter, but didn't change it yet.
Brakelights shine bright like a diamond. Two sections works instead of one + one with emergency braking.
Dont know where is this parameter.
2) Additional turn indicators doesnt work. I found parameters only for BLK_H and BLK_V and where is side indicators I cant find.

Last edited by konstant; 09-02-2013 at 02:03 PM.
konstant is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2013, 01:29 AM   #19
ChrizLoud
Vtech St2 - 380hp/750nm
 
ChrizLoud's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E61 535D LCI Touring
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sweden

Posts: 73
iTrader: (0)

Smile

Since i have a FRM3, after som googleing around it looks like +MUH2 (or +MUEH) is the right way to go for me, +MUEG is for FRM2 (or +MUEB)

Thank you for this. I will try this out and get back ASAP.



Regarding you problem: Have you re-wired the cables to the tallights?
ChrizLoud is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      09-03-2013, 07:43 AM   #20
konstant
Registered
 
Drives: E90 330xD
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Russia

Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)

I still have preLCI taillights. As I know re-wiring needed for inner lights, they works properly. All troubles with outer lights.
+MUEB didnt take effect on my FRM3, turn indicators blinked fast first time and bixenon didnt blink.

I also will try your parameters.

Update:

Taillights
Voltage on outer parklights lower than on inner. I think it is
PWM_SL_1_FKT_PARKL
-Solved with changing of this parameter.

I dont understand why side turn indicators not works. Wiring in WDS the same on preLCI and LCI. With FRM1 they works.
I cant find it in DIS and in fsw_psw

I didnt rewire headligts after changing preLCI xenon non adaptive to LCI xenon non adaptive. Vertical leveling works good.

Last edited by konstant; 09-04-2013 at 03:21 AM.
konstant is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2013, 09:33 PM   #21
Dinan335Turbo
Private First Class
 
Dinan335Turbo's Avatar
 
Drives: 335 Coupe Black/Black
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Texas

Posts: 193
iTrader: (8)

I'm planning on doing a lci taillight retrofit on my '07 (production 10/2006) 328i e91 wagon and I need to know what part number FRM3 module I need ?? My car has factory xenons.
__________________
--2007 E91 Touring Wagon--Black on Black--DailyDriver
--2007 E92 335i Sport Coupe--Black on Black--Because Racecar
Dinan335Turbo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2013, 02:22 AM   #22
ChrizLoud
Vtech St2 - 380hp/750nm
 
ChrizLoud's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E61 535D LCI Touring
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sweden

Posts: 73
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by konstant View Post
I still have preLCI taillights. As I know re-wiring needed for inner lights, they works properly. All troubles with outer lights.
+MUEB didnt take effect on my FRM3, turn indicators blinked fast first time and bixenon didnt blink.

I also will try your parameters.

Update:

Taillights
Voltage on outer parklights lower than on inner. I think it is
PWM_SL_1_FKT_PARKL
-Solved with changing of this parameter.

I dont understand why side turn indicators not works. Wiring in WDS the same on preLCI and LCI. With FRM1 they works.
I cant find it in DIS and in fsw_psw

I didnt rewire headligts after changing preLCI xenon non adaptive to LCI xenon non adaptive. Vertical leveling works good.

Thank you!

Nice it got solved with you taillights.


Can it be that my Side fender indicators are LED and the FRM3 thinks its a bulb out problem and shuts it off even if i coded the bulbchecks out? (maybe the FRM isn't that smart)


Auto leveleing Wiring is different between non and adaptive so i found the problem there,need to re-pin and add 2 wires to each head light from FRM




Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan335Turbo View Post
I'm planning on doing a lci taillight retrofit on my '07 (production 10/2006) 328i e91 wagon and I need to know what part number FRM3 module I need ?? My car has factory xenons.

You dont need to change the FRM if you dont want to. Just code out the bulb errors on the old one and you good to go. If you want the welcome lights you will need to change to a FRM2 or FRM3 marked XE or XENON (AHL if you have adaptive headlights)
ChrizLoud is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
frm frm3r nfrm

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST