E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Anyone looking to sell a e92 335i? N54

05-17-2013, 05:45 AM   #67
Drawn05
Captain

Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
He had a GB price which was much cheaper!

I know my car has another 30kw or so in it with going E85 or meth and a tune.

I know I'm going to want to go with upgraded turbos, it just wont be in 2013 as i would have spent way too much on the car by the time the M3 F&R suspension is in, but come 2014 when the dust has settled on the vargas v's RB battle (personally I would like to go RB's) I will be ready to go for upgraded turbos and a clutch/flywheel and I reckon if we were to purchase say 4 kits we could negotiate a slightly better price (ink is keen also for upgraded turbos)
Not to derail this thread any further but by the time you get those hybrid type turbos installed, it becomes a very expensive ~50rwkw. Between $3k to 5k, crazy.
Drawn05 is offline   Australia
      05-17-2013, 06:08 AM   #68
DR-JEKL
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: Space Grey 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drawn05 View Post
Not to derail this thread any further but by the time you get those hybrid type turbos installed, it becomes a very expensive ~50rwkw. Between $3k to 5k, crazy.
It's all a matter of perspective imo.

On a bfyb basis yes you're correct a tune, meth/E85 will provide more gains, but once you have explored all these avenues and want more power the next step is with turbos.

For me as my car is now its still a bit oh hum oh hum (being a litre sports bike rider I guess I'm wanting some insane acceleration) but its certainly got enough power for around town

On an older car with a few kays, I think the RB turbo upgrade would be a smart option as some fresh turbos would make a world of difference and with the upgraded wastegates and various other components these handle the 'extra' boost that a tune requires much more effectively.

Having said that its certainly not cheap but hey you're a bmw owner you can afford it, right...?
      05-17-2013, 07:38 AM   #69
Drawn05
Captain

Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
It's all a matter of perspective imo.

On a bfyb basis yes you're correct a tune, meth/E85 will provide more gains, but once you have explored all these avenues and want more power the next step is with turbos.

For me as my car is now its still a bit oh hum oh hum (being a litre sports bike rider I guess I'm wanting some insane acceleration) but its certainly got enough power for around town

On an older car with a few kays, I think the RB turbo upgrade would be a smart option as some fresh turbos would make a world of difference and with the upgraded wastegates and various other components these handle the 'extra' boost that a tune requires much more effectively.

Having said that its certainly not cheap but hey you're a bmw owner you can afford it, right...?
My reasoning is that $5000 for 50rwkw is just not worth it. They are still just td03s pretending to be td04s. If you are going to upgrade the turbos, do it right.

Starting to lean towards a single turbo as long as it is a street-able option.
Drawn05 is offline   Australia
      05-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #70
cartaa100
Captain

Drives: E92 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ink View Post
Not an issue at all.

You'll be very lucky to get a DCT at your budget tho.

perhaps, i got a message from someone selling their white 09 335 dct and all options, 35,000ks for 69k which isnt to bad
cartaa100 is offline   Australia
      05-17-2013, 11:44 AM   #71
_ink
Major

Drives: 335i 09' DCT M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartaa100
Quote:
Not an issue at all.

You'll be very lucky to get a DCT at your budget tho.

perhaps, i got a message from someone selling their white 09 335 dct and all options, 35,000ks for 69k which isnt to bad
Snap it up quick smart! Same colour, year and Trans as mine and I paid more than that!
      05-17-2013, 07:17 PM   #72
JB4-335
Colonel

Drives: E92 BSM & E70 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drawn05 View Post
Agree. By the time you get the turbo's landed here with the turbo replacement service kit get them installed you would be looking at just under $6k (assuming you hang onto your cores for later). Then you'd want to upgrade your HPFP as well as LPFP to take full advantage and there's another easy $1k. Just not worth it IMO. In saying that I think the RB upgrade is a great one if you just want a little more out of your car and have some extra cash to burn.

I'd like to upgrade my turbo's but I'm already feeling my DCT is limiting torque on kickdown and I still have to add my meth kit. It stuggles with the bottom end torque and the ECU pulls a little timing then ramps back up after the initial torque smack is over. But up top she shifts like a champ.
      05-18-2013, 07:55 AM   #73
cartaa100
Captain

Drives: E92 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Snap it up quick smart! Same colour, year and Trans as mine and I paid more than that!

I dunno, any dct that is priced over 70 these days....dreaming
cartaa100 is offline   Australia
      05-18-2013, 08:22 AM   #74
sbce90
Me Boosta

Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartaa100 View Post
do it
sbce90 is offline   Australia
      05-18-2013, 08:14 PM   #75
_ink
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartaa100
Quote:

I dunno, any dct that is priced over 70 these days....dreaming
Depends, on a few factors:

- colour, white is rare
- msport
- kilometres
- exterior/interior condition
- interior colour combination/trim
- upgraded options (comfort access, mulf2 USB options etc)
- service history/intervals

In my mind, paying a potential $5-10k extra for the above things is completely worth it to me.

But it comes down to what you are looking for at the end of the day.
      05-20-2013, 10:15 PM   #76
BMWGTR
Second Lieutenant

Drives: E93 M3

At that price, you aren't far off M3 money....
      05-21-2013, 01:11 AM   #77
Peter@Advan
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: 335 coupe ADVAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGTR View Post
At that price, you aren't far off M3 money....
Agree but if 70k is a stretch for a mint 335, 80k for a shitter high km M3
you would have to be mad.
Why is it that most M3 E92 cars I have seen have been so knocked around to the point you just shake your head and walk away. It seems the more money you have the less care you take of your car.

I am dreading the day I start looking for my M3, how do you tell a guy that his car is junk when he thinks its mint and you have just spent an hour or two in traffic to view his pride and joy, total waist of time. but I think this goes for most used BMW cars the mint ones are few and far

Last edited by Peter@Advan; 05-21-2013 at 01:24 AM.
Peter@Advan is offline   Australia
      05-21-2013, 02:28 AM   #78
_ink
Major

The mint ones are usually the ones with low km's.

As the saying goes, you get what you pay for.
      05-21-2013, 02:43 AM   #79
drjekl
Captain

Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycat View Post
Why is it that most M3 E92 cars I have seen have been so knocked around to the point you just shake your head and walk away. It seems the more money you have the less care you take of your car.

I am dreading the day I start looking for my M3, how do you tell a guy that his car is junk when he thinks its mint and you have just spent an hour or two in traffic to view his pride and joy, total waist of time. but I think this goes for most used BMW cars the mint ones are few and far
I completely agree, it took me around 3 months of solid searching to find a decent example and couldn't believe how some guys treated their cars and I quickly found that my term of a 'mint' example didn't seem to align with the sellers perception of a mint car.
      05-21-2013, 02:55 AM   #80
drjekl
Captain

Quote:

Sometimes... Before I bought my bmw i thought since I cant find a decent example I would buy a car to runabout in as a daily and decided on a 2-3 year old holden calais sportwagon.

I found one example that was coming off a 3 year lease(3 y.o) with 21000 kms with a few dodgy pics (low resolution excessive light etc so you couldnt see much of the car)

It was average price, but since it had such low kays i decided to drive out to Western sydney that night after work so i could view the car and wack a deposit on it before someone else snapped it up.

Unfortunately walking up to the car you could tell it had been neglected, gutter rashed rims, dirty windows, scuffed rear bumper then it got worse once you got inside the car.

The woman selling it (she had ~ 50kgs on me and I'm 6'7 and around 120kgs) and she said she didn't get time to wash or clean it so it hadnt been cleaned once in almost 3 years, the dog must have almost lived in the rear of the car as it was full of hair stuck to the carpet, and whilst it had only done 21000 kays she had done a heap of stop start driving. So the continuous getting in and out of the car had trashed the squabs on the seats they were all wrinkled, and the steering wheel the leather had started to wear.

I didnt even bother to check how the car drove, but you had to see it to believe how trashed the car was with such low mileage!

So that was a waste of 4 hrs of my life along with $40 bucks in fuel driving out there!
      05-21-2013, 03:17 AM   #81
jp330Cic.au
Captain

Drives: E93 335DCT / E70 X5 40d

Garage List
Speaking of mint....
Actually I am starting to seriously consider selling my 335, as I don't drive it enough.

'09 White convertible, M-Sport, Black interior, 7 Speed DCT, 19" wheels.
Comfort access, TV, Logic 7 surround, USB audio, Lumbar seats etc.
Less than 15,000km.

It's also got extended warranty until September 2015.

It's not mint, but as good as a demonstrator. (still smells like new )
There are no dents, chips or dings on the body. A minor scratch on the bumper bar (which Adelaide Motors did during a service). It's that black dot near the number plate...

The rims aren't bad, but there is a bit of curb rash there if you look hard enough. No where near what my wife had on her 320. And, no it wasn't me

What do you think is a reasonable price?

Here's some photos: http://s700.photobucket.com/user/jpdp/library/BMW335i

Mods you ask ? (look away, if that offends)

Procede, Rix Boost Gauge, Helix Stepped IC, AR Catless DP's, BMS dual cone intake.

Last edited by jp330Cic.au; 05-21-2013 at 03:23 AM. Reason: added rim condition
jp330Cic.au is offline   Australia
      05-21-2013, 04:05 AM   #82
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes

Drives: a black car

E92 335s are geting cheap these days, at mid-high 30s I reckon they represent excellent value for money... pump a few $ in for mods and you have a very slick, powerful vehicle.
      05-21-2013, 05:24 AM   #83
Peter@Advan

Drives: 335 coupe ADVAN

Quote:

Yep 100% at least its a start it took me 3-4 months to find my car, you just cant give up the good ones are out there you just need to keep looking.
But you do get real sick of it real quick, the answer is to purchase a new car
Peter@Advan is offline   Australia
      05-21-2013, 06:15 AM   #84
drjekl
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart@BMRAutowerkes View Post
E92 335s are geting cheap these days, at mid-high 30s I reckon they represent excellent value for money... pump a few $ in for mods and you have a very slick, powerful vehicle.
I haven't looked a tthem for a while, but a few months ago you couldnt find one under $40k (well that wasn't extremely high mileage?)

But are they really that cheap now?
      05-21-2013, 06:19 AM   #85
drjekl
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp330Cic.au View Post
Speaking of mint....
Actually I am starting to seriously consider selling my 335, as I don't drive it enough.

'09 White convertible, M-Sport, Black interior, 7 Speed DCT, 19" wheels.
Comfort access, TV, Logic 7 surround, USB audio, Lumbar seats etc.
Less than 15,000km.

It's also got extended warranty until September 2015.

It's not mint, but as good as a demonstrator. (still smells like new )
There are no dents, chips or dings on the body. A minor scratch on the bumper bar (which Adelaide Motors did during a service). It's that black dot near the number plate...

The rims aren't bad, but there is a bit of curb rash there if you look hard enough. No where near what my wife had on her 320. And, no it wasn't me

What do you think is a reasonable price?

Here's some photos: http://s700.photobucket.com/user/jpdp/library/BMW335i

Mods you ask ? (look away, if that offends)

Procede, Rix Boost Gauge, Helix Stepped IC, AR Catless DP's, BMS dual cone intake.
Beautiful car, this a perfect example of a clean used car for the fussy type of prospective buyers!
      05-21-2013, 07:17 AM   #86
_ink
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjekl View Post
Beautiful car, this a perfect example of a clean used car for the fussy type of prospective buyers!
+1 And if you are a fussy buyer that wants everything mint/immaculate/perfect.. Be prepared to pay what its worth, or pay $10-15K less for a cheaper alternative in a worse state of condition.
_ink is offline   Australia
      05-21-2013, 06:52 PM   #87
BMWGTR
Second Lieutenant

Drives: E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycat View Post

Most BMW drivers are not car enthusiasts, so they treat their cars accordingly.
I would try and find an enthusiast and then get them down to the right price, because the other problem is, enthusiasts think their cars are worth more than market value for various reasons.

That said, if you are going to keep the car for a long time, then you should go out of your way to purchase the best example out at a price that is higher than the market rate. I don't know what the trend here is, but I don't keep a car for longer than 1-1.5 years....so as long as the car is in excellent condition and has reasonable kms given age, I'm happy, not like I'll hang on to it forever anyway...
      05-21-2013, 07:04 PM   #88
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes

Drives: a black car

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjekl View Post
I haven't looked a tthem for a while, but a few months ago you couldnt find one under $40k (well that wasn't extremely high mileage?)

But are they really that cheap now?
5 on carsales under $40k by my count.

Wonder what they are going for at wholesale price..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGTR View Post
problem is, enthusiasts think their cars are worth more than market value for various reasons.

That said, if you are going to keep the car for a long time, then you should go out of your way to purchase the best example out at a price that is higher than the market rate.
Two very good points.