E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest > Colorado posters?

05-11-2013, 12:29 PM   #1
Precision
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 2002 BMW 330CI

Colorado posters?

Well, I've never even been before but I've always been fascinated by it and am considering leaving New England for it. I obviously have some concerns with a move like that but I just sold my 330 to downsize to something more reasonable as far as operating costs, and I literally can fit everything I own in the back of it. The only debt I have consists of student loans and while my job credentials are not sparkling they are also not weak either.

I've got a significant amount of restaurant experience, sales experience, I'm an army veteran, I substitute teach, coach high school hockey and I am an academic senior in college although I'm 27 I am just in search or a more pure area, quality of life and the people around me. I want to be a pharmaceutical sales rep when I graduate but unfortunately my aid for undergrad has been capped so ill have to take a break from school unless I get hired at a place that will pay for me to finish or offer me some soft or tuition benefit.

It seems like that would be a good place to go even though I'm anything but a liberal. It seems like a nice balance of scenery, outdoorsy stuff and less glitz, glam and shining lights. Any input would be great. A fellow I work with now said I'd want to put myself in the Colorado Springs/Denver area to make the job thing work out much easier.
      05-11-2013, 07:14 PM   #2
Carl Morris
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2008 335xi 6MT

You are probably over-romanticizing it if you think Colorado is more pure than anywhere else, IMO. But there are some great things about the state. You'll want to think a lot about where in Colorado you want to be if you're really looking for something different. The Front Range isn't that different from any other metro area IMO. But if you get to the west edge or into the mountains a bit it does become different.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #3
aleckzandr
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2009 n54 e92 xi, 6mt, kw v3

Garage List
2009 335xi  [4.22]
I did the same thing when I was 17, so I'd say go for it! We need more people like you!
      05-12-2013, 03:59 PM   #4
Precision
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 2002 BMW 330CI

When I say pure I mean more of a simple life with something nice to look at every day, better job market than where I am, a lot more people and who knows maybe a future wifey. I'm 27, still have a lot of adventure in me but wouldn't mind a new place. My biggest concern however is if I'd be cutting my own throat moving with my job credentials or if I'd be pretty safe.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 05:16 PM   #5
mattsfeir
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 335xi

I moved here when I was 27 also, great choice and I should have done it sooner. I've been here 13 years and love it.

Best 1/4 time = 12.975 @ 107.15, 1.763 60' at Bandimere Speedway (5800' above sea level)
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 09:14 AM   #6
F82_SID
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2011.5 MR/BB E92 M3

I grew up in San Diego but also lived in Phoenix, Chicago, Virginia Beach, and Pensacola; that being said, Denver is my favorite place by far! The weather here is great compared to some extremes that I have experienced living in those other places. The scenery is beautiful. There is tons of stuff to do all year round. And, one of the things I like the most about Denver is that you still get all the perks of living in a big city, without a lot of the pollution, traffic, and drama; all while still maintaining that outdoorsy feel.

How long did you serve in the Army? Are you using your Post 911 GIB for college? I am a Navy Vet myself. My Post 911 GIB money was enough to pay for just about all of my school except for the last year of my Masters Degree.
      05-18-2013, 12:57 PM   #7
Evil///M
Professional Hitman
United_States
Rep

Drives: 335i Street. E36 M3 Track.

Garage List
2007 335i  [4.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Morris View Post
You are probably over-romanticizing it if you think Colorado is more pure than anywhere else, IMO. But there are some great things about the state. You'll want to think a lot about where in Colorado you want to be if you're really looking for something different. The Front Range isn't that different from any other metro area IMO. But if you get to the west edge or into the mountains a bit it does become different.
What he said.

Theres also some good hockey out here, few major JR AAA teams.