E90Post

Bimmertech

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > What Happened, Mr. President?

05-16-2013, 05:51 PM   #1
Andy H.
Banned

Drives: 2012 535i M Sport

What Happened, Mr. President?

Not a great week for the Obama folks, as the scandal du jour tour has firmly taken hold. Every day it seems another federal agency is exposed as either intimidating, snooping, covering up, or going to Vegas on the taxpayer dime. Zimbabwe is even making fun of us.

On January 21, 2009, in remarks welcoming his new presidential staff, Barack Obama said: "Let me say it as simply as I can: Transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones of this presidency."

So what happened, Mr. President? Why so much stonewalling?

Let's take this one by one. Barack Obama has to know that nobody is buying the assertion that Ambassador Susan Rice made a simple error when she blamed the assassination of Ambassador Christopher Stevens on a spontaneous Muslim uprising caused by a stupid anti-Islamic video. No one believes that was an honest mistake, Mr. President!

So it is on Mr. Obama himself to explain the Rice deal and also why armed U.S. assets in Tripoli were not immediately sent to help the Ambassador and other Americans under siege in Benghazi.

But for eight months, the President has refused to explain.

The IRS chaos is newer and the president was forced to respond by firing Steve Miller, who ran the agency. But again, how could the powerful IRS get so out of control? Was it loyalty to a liberal president that made agents unfairly target conservatives? We need some clarity here.

On the Associated Press front, all the president has to do is what Attorney General Holder refuses to do - explain in general terms why the Justice Department thought it necessary to secure the phone records of AP reporters. Explain why there was an urgency to the investigation. Mr. Obama can certainly do that without compromising national security. So why isn't he doing it?

The answer to that question lies in accountability. When has Barack Obama ever been held accountable for anything? The press has largely covered for him when mistakes were made and the public seems to be in a very forgiving mood, especially on economic matters where, according to some polls, almost half the voters believe the sluggish economy is Bush's fault.

Sensing blood in the water, the president's ardent opponents will continue to take the scandals as far as they can. The only way this stops is for Mr. Obama to take control, admit whatever mistakes were made, explain how and why they happened, and hope the public understands.

If he doesn't do that, his second term could well be a national nightmare.
      05-16-2013, 08:22 PM   #2
amanda hor$t
Banned

Drives: a380

explaining away, they actually have classes on that. why else are aliens not real.
      05-18-2013, 11:20 AM   #3
F1Venom
Captain

Drives: ZCP E90 M3

I bet Obama gets impeached and the dems lose the Senate in 2014. Watergate was nothing compared to this.
      05-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #4
fokus45
Enlisted Member

Drives: little blue dune buggy

Can't forget about fast and furious either.
      05-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #5
amanda hor$t
Banned

Drives: a380

^ it's gettin pretty bad. f&f, benghazi, ap, irs

his reputation is so screwed he'll just probably just bum it for 3 years
      05-22-2013, 03:03 PM   #6
lsmkr01
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
I bet Obama gets impeached and the dems lose the Senate in 2014. Watergate was nothing compared to this.
Oh how I long for this day.... I can only pray this goon squad of an administration get exposed to the point to one can deny.
lsmkr01 is offline   United_States
      05-22-2013, 03:06 PM   #7
lsmkr01
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fokus45 View Post
Can't forget about fast and furious either.
How Holder still has a job and this quietly went away is beyond me. Oh wait that was about the time "gun control" was ironically pushed by the left. The DOJ is a joke these days and only investigates issues that the O administration wants.
lsmkr01 is offline   United_States
      05-24-2013, 01:13 PM   #8
PA135i
Major

Drives: 2008 SGM 135i

It's also funny how the mainstream media is trying so hard to tap dance around all the lastest issues. Their guy is having a bad month. Is Rome burning?

Sparkling Graphite Metallic / 6MT / Terracotta Boston Leather / Sport Package / Comfort Access system / Gray Poplar wood trim / Heated front seats / iPod and USB adapter / HD radio / Premium hi-fi system / BMW Performance power kit / BMW Performance short shift kit / BMW M Performance Handbrake Handle / BMW Stainless steel pedals / rear sun shades
PA135i is offline   United_States
      05-28-2013, 02:09 AM   #9
M3Denver
Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA135i View Post
It's also funny how the mainstream media is trying so hard to tap dance around all the lastest issues. Their guy is having a bad month. Is Rome burning?
and yet ppl would still vote for him which makes no sense. The amout of corruption and scandals is just amazing yet, somehow its not being covered honestly or fairly by anyone. I mean Americans are dead, their legal rights are being walked all over... and nothing happens at all its mind boggling that anyone could be ok with this kind crap.
      05-28-2013, 10:59 AM   #10
Mss396
Jet Pilot

Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Denver View Post
and yet ppl would still vote for him which makes no sense. The amout of corruption and scandals is just amazing yet, somehow its not being covered honestly or fairly by anyone. I mean Americans are dead, their legal rights are being walked all over... and nothing happens at all its mind boggling that anyone could be ok with this kind crap.
People are blind. Germany 1934. Enough said
Mss396 is offline   Germany
      05-28-2013, 11:40 PM   #11
M3Denver
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mss396
Quote:
People are blind. Germany 1934. Enough said
True !! History repeats itself
      05-29-2013, 09:16 AM   #12
RalphT5
Private

Drives: 2013 F30 M Sport

Quote:
True !! History repeats itself
And that all ended so well...
      05-29-2013, 09:19 AM   #13
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'

Drives: 08 135i 6MT

Still don't understand how people could be so stupid to vote for him a second time.
Old| 2005 s2000: KPRO, Invidia q300 v4, PLM header, BERK 70mm HFC, Vortech v2 (3.6" Reichard Pulley), FMIC, ID 725cc (397whp/243tq @9psi), Tuned at Innovative Motorworks.
New| 2008 135i: PTF Tune, RB Turbos, ER CP, TiAL Q, BMS OCC, BMS DCI, AA 2.0 FMIC, VRSF 3" DPs, Berk Mids, CP-E Axleback, Robs' PCV.
Colt is offline   United_States
      05-29-2013, 10:49 AM   #14
Andy H.
Banned

Drives: 2012 535i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angerman View Post
Still don't understand how people could be so stupid to vote for him a second time.
That's the scary thing! Sadly there are too many uninformed voters who simply vote on the important things like skin color, likability, or how well he sings like Al Green.

Last edited by Andy H.; 05-29-2013 at 11:01 AM.
      05-29-2013, 11:30 AM   #15
M3Denver
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphT5 View Post
And that all ended so well...
agreed, look at all the cool crap we got ! we got pharmaceutical companies, NASA technology, medicine, weapon tech upgrades, tons of the financial assets moved here....
and millions upon millions dead ...

I am guessing you were sarcastic
      05-29-2013, 12:23 PM   #16
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'

Drives: 08 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy H. View Post
That's the scary thing! Sadly there are too many uninformed voters who simply vote on the important things like skin color, likability, or how well he sings like Al Green.
After he was elected for a second term I knew the human race would be doomed as a species. If people are stupid enough to vote for the same mistake a second time, it wouldn't surprise me if down the road our future generation(s) will forget how to wipe their own asses...

Kind of like the movie Idiocracy lol. Oh, I can see it now...
Old| 2005 s2000: KPRO, Invidia q300 v4, PLM header, BERK 70mm HFC, Vortech v2 (3.6" Reichard Pulley), FMIC, ID 725cc (397whp/243tq @9psi), Tuned at Innovative Motorworks.
New| 2008 135i: PTF Tune, RB Turbos, ER CP, TiAL Q, BMS OCC, BMS DCI, AA 2.0 FMIC, VRSF 3" DPs, Berk Mids, CP-E Axleback, Robs' PCV.
Colt is offline   United_States
      05-29-2013, 12:56 PM   #17
RalphT5
Private

Drives: 2013 F30 M Sport

Quote:
agreed, look at all the cool crap we got ! we got pharmaceutical companies, NASA technology, medicine, weapon tech upgrades, tons of the financial assets moved here....
and millions upon millions dead ...

I am guessing you were sarcastic
If this is Berlin 1934, I was thinking of it from the German perspective. Who will end up with all the neat stuff this time? I somehow don't think it will be us.
      05-29-2013, 04:30 PM   #18
Hawkeye
Brigadier General

Drives: '07 Z4 si Coupe, '08 R6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphT5 View Post
If this is Berlin 1934, I was thinking of it from the German perspective. Who will end up with all the neat stuff this time? I somehow don't think it will be us.
China - obviously.
Hawkeye is offline   No_Country
      05-29-2013, 07:42 PM   #19
Mss396
Jet Pilot

Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
China - obviously.
Or India
Mss396 is offline   Germany
      05-29-2013, 07:48 PM   #20
Desert_Fox
Drop-Top Turbo

Drives: 2013 335is E93

Garage List
Send a message via MSN to Desert_Fox Send a message via Skype™ to Desert_Fox
Most Americans are fairly ignorant, they turn on the TV and see a grand orator with charisma and charm. That's enough to buy their vote, especially when Romney so easily was painted as an out-of-touch mega millionaire (Probably is too, but a better leader I think)
      05-29-2013, 09:03 PM   #21
PA135i
Major

Drives: 2008 SGM 135i

Is this him on The View. Again ! I see Joy Behar, I think but not Whoopie.
Attached Images

Sparkling Graphite Metallic / 6MT / Terracotta Boston Leather / Sport Package / Comfort Access system / Gray Poplar wood trim / Heated front seats / iPod and USB adapter / HD radio / Premium hi-fi system / BMW Performance power kit / BMW Performance short shift kit / BMW M Performance Handbrake Handle / BMW Stainless steel pedals / rear sun shades
PA135i is offline   United_States
      05-29-2013, 10:09 PM   #22
F1Venom
Captain

Drives: ZCP E90 M3

So it has become clear that Lois Lerner (a top IRS official who plead the 5th Amendment last week like a mafia thug in front of congress) knew about the IRS targeting the tea party and conservatives because she signed off on the papers that allowed the harassment to occur. Ok, nothing has really happened about this yet.

Eric Holder lied under oath last week about the AP and Fox News reporter (James Rosen) scandal saying he knew nothing about the phone taps. Ok, well it's a fact that he allowed this to happen and signed off on papers allowing this to happen. He should be jailed.

I find it interesting that no one has linked the top dog to these scandals yet and I'm talking about Obama. Obama is the one that communicates with these people because that is his job yet he knew nothing of the AP and IRS scandals? BS, the orders to target conservatives and phone tap came from the very top and that is Obama. He should be tried and jailed along with Holder and the others who were involved.