E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Exhaust



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-14-2013, 07:34 PM   #1
Da-u
Private
 
Drives: 328i coupe
Join Date: May 2013
Location: J'ville

Posts: 63
iTrader: (0)

O.K. Just sold my zhp, purchased my e92 328i-----08. So what's a good exhaust that won't have me sounding like a Honda civic??? So k&N doesn't make a intake system for this model just an air filter
Da-u is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-14-2013, 07:42 PM   #2
spacemonkey1112
Captain
 
spacemonkey1112's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 325i AW
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 818, CA

Posts: 983
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to spacemonkey1112
HAHAHAH this is how you use your first post! just like 5 threads below you you'll find exhaust threads... anyways to make this thread useful to you. like everyone will say PE. but You decide what you want out of your car.
__________________
2006 E90 325i | Sports Package | 6MT | 3IM | PE | AA |
spacemonkey1112 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-14-2013, 08:14 PM   #3
JDane07
Major
 
JDane07's Avatar
 
Drives: '06 E90 330i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Napa, CA

Posts: 1,418
iTrader: (2)

This is getting ridiculous.
__________________
OEM Mtech | AG M580 | Performance Exhaust | AA Tune | ST Coilovers | MMW Catless Headers | Euro BavX LS3 | Blacklines | CF diffuser, Performance Spoiler, Front splitters | Other goodies here and there...
Wish List: ESS SUPERCHARGER FTW
Recent Thread: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...NE07+vineyards
JDane07 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-15-2013, 12:04 AM   #4
Kalidian
Lieutenant
 
Drives: AW '09 E90 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 514
iTrader: (0)

PE.

/thread.
Kalidian is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-15-2013, 12:32 AM   #5
Delusive
Major
 
Delusive's Avatar
 
Drives: Static E92
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 1,485
iTrader: (6)

Newbies and their lack of researching, what has this forum world come to!
__________________
Delusive is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-15-2013, 02:33 AM   #6
manutdas11
EL JIMMY NEURON
 
manutdas11's Avatar
 
Drives: Jet Black E90
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: in the Napa Valley/SJ...

Posts: 1,208
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS-NA.E92
Newbies and their lack of researching, what has this forum world come to!
__________________
2007 Jet Black E90 328i
Thread: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=825249
Instagram: manutd_as
manutdas11 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-15-2013, 02:34 AM   #7
manutdas11
EL JIMMY NEURON
 
manutdas11's Avatar
 
Drives: Jet Black E90
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: in the Napa Valley/SJ...

Posts: 1,208
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDane07
This is getting ridiculous.
__________________
2007 Jet Black E90 328i
Thread: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=825249
Instagram: manutd_as
manutdas11 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-15-2013, 06:15 AM   #8
Da-u
Private
 
Drives: 328i coupe
Join Date: May 2013
Location: J'ville

Posts: 63
iTrader: (0)

Man you self proclaim experts r funny!! Thx for everyone that answered with out the side show of sarcasm...
Da-u is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-15-2013, 08:38 AM   #9
Dylanize
Captain Dutch Rudder
 
Dylanize's Avatar
 
Drives: 07' E92
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Queen City, NC

Posts: 1,555
iTrader: (4)

Welcome! I have the Active Autowerke Signature exhaust and could not be happier, it sounds so freakin nasty. Makes all kinds of eargasmic pops, growls and gurggles.

Also, if your looking for an intake, I have an AFE stage 2 intake for sale.
__________________

| Platinum Bronze Metallic | AA | VMR | ACS | DJApex Eurobox |
Dylanize is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-15-2013, 09:48 AM   #10
Kalidian
Lieutenant
 
Drives: AW '09 E90 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 514
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-u View Post
Man you self proclaim experts r funny!! Thx for everyone that answered with out the side show of sarcasm...
Nobody here has proclaimed themselves to be experts, but if you even just scroll down on the first page of the exhaust threads there are a handful of posts where ppl have asked this exact same question, in addition to the multiple stickies at the top of the page (which exist because this question is asked ad nauseum).

Not to mention if you simply punch "328i exhaust" into google, you're flooded with more information than you'd probably ever need (including more threads on this site) answering this.

Click: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=328i+exhaust

Moral here is, before you ask.

Last edited by Kalidian; 05-15-2013 at 09:54 AM.
Kalidian is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-15-2013, 12:58 PM   #11
BoogeyMan'sBMW
Major
 
BoogeyMan'sBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: SLOW
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Queens NY

Posts: 1,309
iTrader: (3)

Ah, cant get enough of E90post haha.

OP, what kind of sound are you looking for exactly? Not sounding like a civic is pretty vague haha. Also, what are your ultimate goals for getting the exhaust/intake? I hope you know the lack promise of high performance gains with these.
BoogeyMan'sBMW is offline   Bangladesh
0
Reply With Quote
      05-15-2013, 01:32 PM   #12
spacemonkey1112
Captain
 
spacemonkey1112's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 325i AW
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 818, CA

Posts: 983
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to spacemonkey1112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalidian View Post
Nobody here has proclaimed themselves to be experts, but if you even just scroll down on the first page of the exhaust threads there are a handful of posts where ppl have asked this exact same question, in addition to the multiple stickies at the top of the page (which exist because this question is asked ad nauseum).

Not to mention if you simply punch "328i exhaust" into google, you're flooded with more information than you'd probably ever need (including more threads on this site) answering this.

Click: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=328i+exhaust

Moral here is, before you ask.
I was going to use lmgtfy but i thought i was going to be too mean hahaha
__________________
2006 E90 325i | Sports Package | 6MT | 3IM | PE | AA |
spacemonkey1112 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-15-2013, 10:05 PM   #13
mammothboarderdc
Private First Class
 
mammothboarderdc's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 328i Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Huntington Beach CA

Posts: 138
iTrader: (0)

take it easy guys, its his first post..
mammothboarderdc is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-16-2013, 01:34 AM   #14
Kalidian
Lieutenant
 
Drives: AW '09 E90 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 514
iTrader: (0)

And no better time than to learn the significance and importance of learning how to do research.
Kalidian is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-16-2013, 01:42 AM   #15
Eagle1oh7
Captain
 
Eagle1oh7's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 328i Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chula Vista CA

Posts: 689
iTrader: (0)

LOL, I asked about stuff on the chat threads when I first posted here LOL, before then I did all my research into exhausts. google is your friend noobs.
__________________
DONE: Seibon CF Hood, M3 Rep, MSport rear w/Duke Dynamics CF Diffuser, Rieger Rep Skirts, aFe Stage 2 PRO-R Intake, Seibon CSL trunklid, Forgestar F14 18s w/Michelin PSS

FUTURE MODS: Eisenmann Full Cat-back Exhaust, OETuning ECU, MMW Headers, CF mirror caps, Bi-Xenon headlights, CF rooftop, CF lip
Eagle1oh7 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-16-2013, 08:08 AM   #16
tokenindian
New Member
 
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Greenville, SC

Posts: 11
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-u View Post
O.K. Just sold my zhp, purchased my e92 328i-----08. So what's a good exhaust that won't have me sounding like a Honda civic??? So k&N doesn't make a intake system for this model just an air filter
If you decide that you want to go active autowerke, let me know. I think the n52 version should fit yours with some slight modification. Its for sale regardless.
tokenindian is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-16-2013, 04:21 PM   #17
1AddictsAnonymous
Second Lieutenant
 
1AddictsAnonymous's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 135i M Sport 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Edmonton

Posts: 213
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
OP: BMW Performance Exhaust sounds awesome, a little ricey at first but once it breaks in it just gurgles and pops on every downshift, sounds incredible. This vid is the closest example I've found online to how it sounds in real life.
Sound clip:

__________________
2008 Sedona Red 135i ///M Sport
Alarm Retrofit | Misc. Coding | Carbon Interior Trim | Custom Red Interior Stitching
Year One of the 1


Last edited by 1AddictsAnonymous; 05-16-2013 at 05:01 PM.
1AddictsAnonymous is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-17-2013, 11:57 AM   #18
mammothboarderdc
Private First Class
 
mammothboarderdc's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 328i Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Huntington Beach CA

Posts: 138
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinz View Post
OP: BMW Performance Exhaust sounds awesome, a little ricey at first but once it breaks in it just gurgles and pops on every downshift, sounds incredible. This vid is the closest example I've found online to how it sounds in real life.
Sound clip:

+1 Best sounding exhaust out there for the N52.
mammothboarderdc is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-18-2013, 04:28 AM   #19
spacemonkey1112
Captain
 
spacemonkey1112's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 325i AW
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 818, CA

Posts: 983
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to spacemonkey1112
i just installed my PE this past Thursday.

I have to say, initial reaction in the cabin with the windows up, is 0 differences hahaha! It was so hard for me to tell there was something different and i thought to myself.. "F*** i wasted 1000 bucks!" I installed it at minicorsa in North Hollywood. Danny took care of me there & he gave it a bit of a rev. sounds beautiful outside & definitely different and noticeable... but when i began to drive away, I couldn't hear a difference. Pulled on to the freeway & it was still hard for me to hear a difference (maybe it was the mixture of the outside noises as well)...

Started driving around and with the windows down & I started to hear the engine note more. Next thought was "okay, if I want to enjoy these sound, I gotta drive with the windows down"...

About 50 miles later, I can hear a nice lower decibel noise in the cabin. 0 drone but you can hear a subtle difference. The piping is slowly started to break in & I really wonder what a mature PE is going to sound like! Currently driving around LA, I am notice a pretty significant difference in sound now (windows up). The exhaust note harmonizes with the engine note without being too over powering; you can hear both clearly now. The car still sounds like she has her class and dignity without sounded like its in desperate need of attention. I also valet the car today and as the driver pulled away, the car gave off a beautiful purr. the sound was deep but not excessive.

I know I still haven't broken the PE in yet. Tomorrow I will have a 300mi round trip to palm springs so I'll update you on how the sound changes after the trip.

Performance wise. You're not gonna feel a difference. I don't believe my 0-60 is any better now than it was before, but I do believe it sounds much better & it will continue to get better as I break it in.

I'll update this soon! After my trip to palm springs! (sorry for any misspellings!)
__________________
2006 E90 325i | Sports Package | 6MT | 3IM | PE | AA |
spacemonkey1112 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-19-2013, 02:09 PM   #20
1AddictsAnonymous
Second Lieutenant
 
1AddictsAnonymous's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 135i M Sport 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Edmonton

Posts: 213
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemonkey1112 View Post
i just installed my PE this past Thursday.

I have to say, initial reaction in the cabin with the windows up, is 0 differences hahaha! It was so hard for me to tell there was something different and i thought to myself.. "F*** i wasted 1000 bucks!" I installed it at minicorsa in North Hollywood. Danny took care of me there & he gave it a bit of a rev. sounds beautiful outside & definitely different and noticeable... but when i began to drive away, I couldn't hear a difference. Pulled on to the freeway & it was still hard for me to hear a difference (maybe it was the mixture of the outside noises as well)...

Started driving around and with the windows down & I started to hear the engine note more. Next thought was "okay, if I want to enjoy these sound, I gotta drive with the windows down"...

About 50 miles later, I can hear a nice lower decibel noise in the cabin. 0 drone but you can hear a subtle difference. The piping is slowly started to break in & I really wonder what a mature PE is going to sound like! Currently driving around LA, I am notice a pretty significant difference in sound now (windows up). The exhaust note harmonizes with the engine note without being too over powering; you can hear both clearly now. The car still sounds like she has her class and dignity without sounded like its in desperate need of attention. I also valet the car today and as the driver pulled away, the car gave off a beautiful purr. the sound was deep but not excessive.

I know I still haven't broken the PE in yet. Tomorrow I will have a 300mi round trip to palm springs so I'll update you on how the sound changes after the trip.

Performance wise. You're not gonna feel a difference. I don't believe my 0-60 is any better now than it was before, but I do believe it sounds much better & it will continue to get better as I break it in.

I'll update this soon! After my trip to palm springs! (sorry for any misspellings!)
It will keep getting better and better, mine took about 2-3 weeks to fully break in as a daily driver, but it could have taken longer since we got a cold snap right after I put it in. I've also noticed it just sounds way better when the temp starts to get about 25+ degrees Celsius (like 75-80+ F)

OP: The other day I was on the highway behind a Porsche 911 with some sort of racing exhaust and it sounded very close to what our cars sound like with the PE, only much louder, and slightly more aggressive lol.
__________________
2008 Sedona Red 135i ///M Sport
Alarm Retrofit | Misc. Coding | Carbon Interior Trim | Custom Red Interior Stitching
Year One of the 1

1AddictsAnonymous is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      05-19-2013, 02:35 PM   #21
Smooth 330i
Major
 
Smooth 330i's Avatar
 
Drives: Sleepy 330i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: PA

Posts: 1,002
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammothboarderdc View Post
+1 Best sounding exhaust out there for the N52.
"Best" is subjective. Dinan is amazing and a bit louder than PE, and also very light. I get compliments all the time. Never heard Supersprint. Depends what you want I guess ...
__________________

E90 330i Sport | JRZ RS1 | Dinan | Quaife | Evolve
M3 Bits | GC | Apex | Braile | Supersprint | Reccaro
Stoptech BBK | BMW Perf | Macht Schnell | Turner
Smooth 330i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST