E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Difference in Dinan intake vs Dual cone intake



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-25-2013, 05:25 PM   #1
tjobeid
Lieutenant
 
tjobeid's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i coupe
Join Date: May 2013
Location: houston,tx

Posts: 441
iTrader: (0)

Difference in Dinan intake vs Dual cone intake

Most of you know that i just joined the forum and have been getting lots of information thanks to you guys on my e92. My car has a Dinan exhaust and intake and i just installed a jb4 in it. What is the difference in the Dinan intake vs the Dual cone intake that most people install and is it worth changing over. I know these Dinan air intakes are about 1000$+ from Dinan.
Attached Images
  
__________________
07 335i SGM/
coral red Coupe - JB4 - vrsf downpipe- VRSF FMIC -Dinan Exhaust with x pipe - Dinan CAI - M3 spoiler - Aero front lip - Creed Angle Eyes -M3 side skirts
19" Rohanna rc10 Concave wheels black Next mods?: OCC , BOV and CP -
tjobeid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-25-2013, 05:29 PM   #2
mcpcolas
First Lieutenant
 
mcpcolas's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 montego blue 335i xdrive
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: new jersey

Posts: 370
iTrader: (0)

the dinan intake is more of a cold air intake. where THE DCI is not and a lot of heat soak . in case u wanna sell it at any point PM me
mcpcolas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-25-2013, 05:36 PM   #3
335coupe2007
Yezzsur. Big it up. Go Lakers.
 
335coupe2007's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Space Gray 335 coupe
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Palm Beach

Posts: 1,183
iTrader: (0)

Dinan Cai= louis vuitton
AFE dci=maybe...say..coach or michael kors..?

Different strokes for different folks..
335coupe2007 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-25-2013, 05:39 PM   #4
SkyWalker_J
Private
 
Drives: E92 Jet Black
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Cali

Posts: 84
iTrader: (0)

That looks to be a traditional CAI while the dci has no relocation. I wish I could say which would be more beneficial when combined with JB4 but I dont have a clue...

One thing I can say though. Its really pretty
SkyWalker_J is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-25-2013, 05:39 PM   #5
tjobeid
Lieutenant
 
tjobeid's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i coupe
Join Date: May 2013
Location: houston,tx

Posts: 441
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335coupe2007 View Post
Dinan Cai= louis vuitton
AFE dci=maybe...say..coach or michael kors..?

Different strokes for different folks..
I get what you are saying now, pretty much for me STHU and be glad it came with the car hehe.
__________________
07 335i SGM/
coral red Coupe - JB4 - vrsf downpipe- VRSF FMIC -Dinan Exhaust with x pipe - Dinan CAI - M3 spoiler - Aero front lip - Creed Angle Eyes -M3 side skirts
19" Rohanna rc10 Concave wheels black Next mods?: OCC , BOV and CP -
tjobeid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-25-2013, 05:45 PM   #6
335coupe2007
Yezzsur. Big it up. Go Lakers.
 
335coupe2007's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Space Gray 335 coupe
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Palm Beach

Posts: 1,183
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjobeid View Post
I get what you are saying now, pretty much for me STHU and be glad it came with the car hehe.
bro..in all honesty.. i would say approx 96.4324% of the people in here would be.. actually no.. i would say.. 99.92425 % of the ppl in here would be effing ecstatic if that intake came with the car... Its a sexy beast. The cost per WHP gain is just not worth it for many... BUT shes def. a beauty! Look at the ER engine cover.. its not bad. add extra beauty to the engine lol

https://www.europeanautosource.com/p...gine-cover-n54

btw.. im fuckin jealous haha
335coupe2007 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-25-2013, 05:53 PM   #7
SkyWalker_J
Private
 
Drives: E92 Jet Black
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Cali

Posts: 84
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335coupe2007 View Post
bro..in all honesty.. i would say approx 96.4324% of the people in here would be.. actually no.. i would say.. 99.92425 % of the ppl in here would be effing ecstatic if that intake came with the car... Its a sexy beast. The cost per WHP gain is just not worth it for many... BUT shes def. a beauty! Look at the ER engine cover.. its not bad. add extra beauty to the engine lol

https://www.europeanautosource.com/p...gine-cover-n54

btw.. im fuckin jealous haha
I was thinking the exact same thing. Theres no one here that would pop the hood and rather see this



Instead of this.

SkyWalker_J is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-25-2013, 05:59 PM   #8
335coupe2007
Yezzsur. Big it up. Go Lakers.
 
335coupe2007's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Space Gray 335 coupe
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Palm Beach

Posts: 1,183
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker_J View Post
I was thinking the exact same thing. Theres no one here that would pop the hood and rather see this



Instead of this.


I wish if that intake came on my car when i purchased it. OP is extremely lucky. It seems as if the previous owner of his car spent quite a few bucks on dinan stuff. Within the last few weeks ive been seeing and hearing alot about this dinan intake. I personally have the AFE dci in my car. I may take the plunge. We will see!
335coupe2007 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-25-2013, 05:59 PM   #9
tjobeid
Lieutenant
 
tjobeid's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i coupe
Join Date: May 2013
Location: houston,tx

Posts: 441
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335coupe2007 View Post
bro..in all honesty.. i would say approx 96.4324% of the people in here would be.. actually no.. i would say.. 99.92425 % of the ppl in here would be effing ecstatic if that intake came with the car... Its a sexy beast. The cost per WHP gain is just not worth it for many... BUT shes def. a beauty! Look at the ER engine cover.. its not bad. add extra beauty to the engine lol

https://www.europeanautosource.com/p...gine-cover-n54

btw.. im fuckin jealous haha
That thing is sexy, but damn 300$ for something i will only see once a month hehehe. No thanx, Ya i bought my car preowned from a small dealer ship, didnt know until after i bought it came with the exhaust, intake , and some kind of lowering kit, all the stickers were removed so im not sure which ones they are. But i got lucky id say.

Anyways any idea what kind of crank power HP/TQ and Wheel power/TQ i would be making?

07 335i coupe.

-jb4-Map1
-All stock exhaust system except for Dinan muffler
-Dinan Intake.

I know the car stock is 330Hp at crank 275-280 at wheels.
__________________
07 335i SGM/
coral red Coupe - JB4 - vrsf downpipe- VRSF FMIC -Dinan Exhaust with x pipe - Dinan CAI - M3 spoiler - Aero front lip - Creed Angle Eyes -M3 side skirts
19" Rohanna rc10 Concave wheels black Next mods?: OCC , BOV and CP -
tjobeid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-25-2013, 06:03 PM   #10
335coupe2007
Yezzsur. Big it up. Go Lakers.
 
335coupe2007's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Space Gray 335 coupe
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Palm Beach

Posts: 1,183
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjobeid View Post
That thing is sexy, but damn 300$ for something i will only see once a month hehehe. No thanx, Ya i bought my car preowned from a small dealer ship, didnt know until after i bought it came with the exhaust, intake , and some kind of lowering kit, all the stickers were removed so im not sure which ones they are. But i got lucky id say.

Anyways any idea what kind of crank power HP/TQ and Wheel power/TQ i would be making?

07 335i coupe.

-jb4-Map1
-All stock exhaust system except for Dinan muffler
-Dinan Intake.

I know the car stock is 330Hp at crank 275-280 at wheels.
That i couldnt tell you. I would let the pros on here chime in for that... i wouldnt even know what to guess. There are many on here that could tell you.
OHH btw... maybe its my OCD.. but in your signature thing, its DINAN.. not DINNAN or something. lol.. no biggie just thought id bring it to ur attention!
335coupe2007 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-25-2013, 06:05 PM   #11
tjobeid
Lieutenant
 
tjobeid's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i coupe
Join Date: May 2013
Location: houston,tx

Posts: 441
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335coupe2007 View Post
That i couldnt tell you. I would let the pros on here chime in for that... i wouldnt even know what to guess. There are many on here that could tell you.
OHH btw... maybe its my OCD.. but in your signature thing, its DINAN.. not DINNAN or something. lol.. no biggie just thought id bring it to ur attention!
hehe no worries. And ya i just noticed that, atleast i got it right in the thread. I think thats what happens when you decide to create a signature at 3am.
__________________
07 335i SGM/
coral red Coupe - JB4 - vrsf downpipe- VRSF FMIC -Dinan Exhaust with x pipe - Dinan CAI - M3 spoiler - Aero front lip - Creed Angle Eyes -M3 side skirts
19" Rohanna rc10 Concave wheels black Next mods?: OCC , BOV and CP -
tjobeid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-25-2013, 06:14 PM   #12
335coupe2007
Yezzsur. Big it up. Go Lakers.
 
335coupe2007's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Space Gray 335 coupe
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Palm Beach

Posts: 1,183
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjobeid View Post
hehe no worries. And ya i just noticed that, atleast i got it right in the thread. I think thats what happens when you decide to create a signature at 3am.
So how many miles on your car? I notice you have an 07 as well. Have you checked to see if the HPFP / injectors/coils have been changed?
__________________
Mods: ER FMIC, AR catless , AFE dci, Cobb, HPF gen 2 exhaust, BMS OCC, ER charge pipe with Tial BOV, RB PCV valve upgrade. Waiting on Duke Dynamic D2 CF vented hood
335coupe2007 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-25-2013, 06:20 PM   #13
tjobeid
Lieutenant
 
tjobeid's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i coupe
Join Date: May 2013
Location: houston,tx

Posts: 441
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335coupe2007 View Post
So how many miles on your car? I notice you have an 07 as well. Have you checked to see if the HPFP / injectors/coils have been changed?
Just hit 51k, not sure if it has or not. But i dont think so. Car seems to be running strong and fine thank god! I scanned it today for codes came out clear except for the 2aaf fuel pump, plausibility. Did a search on that everyone pretty much said ignore it its nothing.
__________________
07 335i SGM/
coral red Coupe - JB4 - vrsf downpipe- VRSF FMIC -Dinan Exhaust with x pipe - Dinan CAI - M3 spoiler - Aero front lip - Creed Angle Eyes -M3 side skirts
19" Rohanna rc10 Concave wheels black Next mods?: OCC , BOV and CP -
tjobeid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-25-2013, 06:31 PM   #14
335coupe2007
Yezzsur. Big it up. Go Lakers.
 
335coupe2007's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Space Gray 335 coupe
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Palm Beach

Posts: 1,183
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjobeid View Post
Just hit 51k, not sure if it has or not. But i dont think so. Car seems to be running strong and fine thank god! I scanned it today for codes came out clear except for the 2aaf fuel pump, plausibility. Did a search on that everyone pretty much said ignore it its nothing.
ok... what i would do if i were you... i know u mentioned u bought the car pre-owned from a small dealership so i will assume its not a BMW dealership cuz i dont believe ive ever seen a "small bmw dealership". Take your car to a BMW dealer or an independent shop that has the ability to pull up the history of the car...This is very important because you want to know what has been done..fixed...repaired or whatever on your car. I honestly since u just crossed 50k... take it to a BMW dealership and see if they can do you a favor or something to give the car a once over... The 07's are notorious for HPF, injectors or coils giving issues. As far as the injectors, there was a recall for 07 335 for injectors UP until a certain build date in 07. See if that recall was ever fixed on your car or not or if ur car was even part of it. My car wasnt unfortunately. Keep an eye on how the car is starting... if you start feeling a long crank upon starting, it could mean the HPF might be going bad.

anyway- DEF make sure you go and get a print out of the service history of the car. thats veryyyyy important that you know what has been repaired/replaced etc etc.! Trust me..you want to know. Since youre still close to 50k, some dealerships would do something call a " goodwill" which means they will still pay to fix whatever is wrong with it or theyll damn near pay most of it... so make sure u do it asap before u start racking up miles.
__________________
Mods: ER FMIC, AR catless , AFE dci, Cobb, HPF gen 2 exhaust, BMS OCC, ER charge pipe with Tial BOV, RB PCV valve upgrade. Waiting on Duke Dynamic D2 CF vented hood
335coupe2007 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-25-2013, 06:39 PM   #15
tjobeid
Lieutenant
 
tjobeid's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i coupe
Join Date: May 2013
Location: houston,tx

Posts: 441
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335coupe2007 View Post
ok... what i would do if i were you... i know u mentioned u bought the car pre-owned from a small dealership so i will assume its not a BMW dealership cuz i dont believe ive ever seen a "small bmw dealership". Take your car to a BMW dealer or an independent shop that has the ability to pull up the history of the car...This is very important because you want to know what has been done..fixed...repaired or whatever on your car. I honestly since u just crossed 50k... take it to a BMW dealership and see if they can do you a favor or something to give the car a once over... The 07's are notorious for HPF, injectors or coils giving issues. As far as the injectors, there was a recall for 07 335 for injectors UP until a certain build date in 07. See if that recall was ever fixed on your car or not or if ur car was even part of it. My car wasnt unfortunately. Keep an eye on how the car is starting... if you start feeling a long crank upon starting, it could mean the HPF might be going bad.

anyway- DEF make sure you go and get a print out of the service history of the car. thats veryyyyy important that you know what has been repaired/replaced etc etc.! Trust me..you want to know. Since youre still close to 50k, some dealerships would do something call a " goodwill" which means they will still pay to fix whatever is wrong with it or theyll damn near pay most of it... so make sure u do it asap before u start racking up miles.
Ill try to get the history report next week since it a holiday weekend. Im not too worried about it to tell you the truth. One of my friends actually is a master tech at a (B***W dealership here in Houston. I would just take it in his garage and he hooks it up.
__________________
07 335i SGM/
coral red Coupe - JB4 - vrsf downpipe- VRSF FMIC -Dinan Exhaust with x pipe - Dinan CAI - M3 spoiler - Aero front lip - Creed Angle Eyes -M3 side skirts
19" Rohanna rc10 Concave wheels black Next mods?: OCC , BOV and CP -
tjobeid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-25-2013, 06:45 PM   #16
335coupe2007
Yezzsur. Big it up. Go Lakers.
 
335coupe2007's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Space Gray 335 coupe
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Palm Beach

Posts: 1,183
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjobeid View Post
Ill try to get the history report next week since it a holiday weekend. Im not too worried about it to tell you the truth. One of my friends actually is a master tech at a (B***W dealership here in Houston. I would just take it in his garage and he hooks it up.
damn dude ur friend is a bmw master tech? First u find a car with awesome dinan stuff installed now ur buddy is a bmw mastertech?. U feel like throwing some of ur luck this way?lol.....
__________________
Mods: ER FMIC, AR catless , AFE dci, Cobb, HPF gen 2 exhaust, BMS OCC, ER charge pipe with Tial BOV, RB PCV valve upgrade. Waiting on Duke Dynamic D2 CF vented hood
335coupe2007 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-25-2013, 08:06 PM   #17
tjobeid
Lieutenant
 
tjobeid's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i coupe
Join Date: May 2013
Location: houston,tx

Posts: 441
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335coupe2007 View Post
damn dude ur friend is a bmw master tech? First u find a car with awesome dinan stuff installed now ur buddy is a bmw mastertech?. U feel like throwing some of ur luck this way?lol.....
When you are kind to everyone and expecting nothing you get everything . I get involved with all kinds of people rich poor middle. You never know who can help you at times.
__________________
07 335i SGM/
coral red Coupe - JB4 - vrsf downpipe- VRSF FMIC -Dinan Exhaust with x pipe - Dinan CAI - M3 spoiler - Aero front lip - Creed Angle Eyes -M3 side skirts
19" Rohanna rc10 Concave wheels black Next mods?: OCC , BOV and CP -
tjobeid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-25-2013, 08:54 PM   #18
JohnSprm69
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: AW e92
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 1,966
iTrader: (4)

dinan intake is pretty to look at and pretty expensive

bms/afe dci are decent looking under the hood and inexpensive


BMS dci >*
JohnSprm69 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2013, 02:20 AM   #19
SharkBait
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2010 E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lost Angeles

Posts: 297
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335coupe2007 View Post
Dinan Cai= louis vuitton
AFE dci=maybe...say..coach or michael kors..?

Different strokes for different folks..
More like the AFI DCI is The Gap! Two totally different leagues. One is carbon fiber, looks amazing and actually draws in cold outside air but costs a small fortune. The other doesn't look so hot and sucks in hot engine air but is cheap.
SharkBait is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2013, 07:07 AM   #20
BEAR-AvHistory
2014 435M-Sport/MPPK
 
BEAR-AvHistory's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 435M-Sport MPPK
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NC - USA

Posts: 2,211
iTrader: (0)

Its quick or looks.

Depends on what your goals are, most normal mods are covered OK by the stock system with is a CAI & can get to low 12 high 11 times.

Most if not all the top end 335/135 at Drag Times are some version of the DCI system. If you like to stand around with the hood up Dinan is first class. I would never buy one but if it came with the car I would not take it off either.
__________________
Kevin

2014 435M-Sport MPPK - 2013 135is Cab 6MT - 2009 V-Star - 2009 Ford Expedition EL 4X4 - 2003 Xterra 4X4 - 1998 Ranger 4X4 - FFR Cobra MK-IV work in progress
BEAR-AvHistory is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2013, 09:04 AM   #21
335coupe2007
Yezzsur. Big it up. Go Lakers.
 
335coupe2007's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Space Gray 335 coupe
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Palm Beach

Posts: 1,183
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjobeid View Post
When you are kind to everyone and expecting nothing you get everything . I get involved with all kinds of people rich poor middle. You never know who can help you at times.
+1111 touche
__________________
Mods: ER FMIC, AR catless , AFE dci, Cobb, HPF gen 2 exhaust, BMS OCC, ER charge pipe with Tial BOV, RB PCV valve upgrade. Waiting on Duke Dynamic D2 CF vented hood
335coupe2007 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2013, 09:05 AM   #22
335coupe2007
Yezzsur. Big it up. Go Lakers.
 
335coupe2007's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Space Gray 335 coupe
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Palm Beach

Posts: 1,183
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
More like the AFI DCI is The Gap! Two totally different leagues. One is carbon fiber, looks amazing and actually draws in cold outside air but costs a small fortune. The other doesn't look so hot and sucks in hot engine air but is cheap.
ur right!! I got you. I think OP got the drift though
__________________
Mods: ER FMIC, AR catless , AFE dci, Cobb, HPF gen 2 exhaust, BMS OCC, ER charge pipe with Tial BOV, RB PCV valve upgrade. Waiting on Duke Dynamic D2 CF vented hood
335coupe2007 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST