E90Post

Bimmertech

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > ** Evolve Switchable Remap - Special forum pricing ** (User/Install Guide in Post #1)

05-14-2013, 11:35 AM   #265
ade330d
Dont take life 2 serious, u will not get out alive

Drives: BMW e92 330d SE

OBD

Apologies, newbie.
Will the unit power the OBD or.... do you need to have the key in the ignition to transfer Maps.
Also, do you know if the computer counts of the number of times its been mapped and restore. As BMW will know.
Talking from a point of programming.
      05-15-2013, 07:58 AM   #266
Imran@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: E60 M5, E92 M3, E46 M3

Send a message via Skype™ to Imran@Evolve
Quote:
Originally Posted by ade330d View Post
Apologies, newbie.
Will the unit power the OBD or.... do you need to have the key in the ignition to transfer Maps.
Also, do you know if the computer counts of the number of times its been mapped and restore. As BMW will know.
Talking from a point of programming.
Ignition needs to on.

BMW have implemented something recently for diesels where they can tell if the car has been flashed. I do not know anyone that can guarantee a way around this.

If you are worried about warranty then I wouldn't tune the car.
Imran@Evolve is offline   United Kingdom
      05-15-2013, 08:52 AM   #267
F104
Captain

Drives: E92 320D M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran@Evolve View Post
Ignition needs to on.

BMW have implemented something recently for diesels where they can tell if the car has been flashed. I do not know anyone that can guarantee a way around this.
Hi Imran. Any idea what that is? bit count, or an un-erasable max value? Would be interesting to know, as I'm thinking about the F32 and engine options.

PS took my 320d to southern alps / dolomites last week. Managed to get three times 248kph/155mph on the counter (148mph gps) in germany, fairly level road (bugger - I never had safe distance left to see if it would hit 250), and plenty of 2nd/3rd gear overtaking in the mountains. Car returned 5.9/100 or 48 mpg on that trip, that was with me and the wife, associated luggage.., and 48 bottles of wine on the way back. Mileage confirmed by by tank to tank fill up calc.
I've now got 90k mls on it, and think 4+ years with your remap. It must have about paid for itself in fuel savings only
F104 is offline   Belgium
      05-15-2013, 08:59 AM   #268
Imran@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: E60 M5, E92 M3, E46 M3

Send a message via Skype™ to Imran@Evolve
Quote:
Originally Posted by F104 View Post
Hi Imran. Any idea what that is? bit count, or an un-erasable max value? Would be interesting to know, as I'm thinking about the F32 and engine options.

PS took my 320d to southern alps / dolomites last week. Managed to get three times 248kph/155mph on the counter (148mph gps) in germany, fairly level road (bugger - I never had safe distance left to see if it would hit 250), and plenty of 2nd/3rd gear overtaking in the mountains. Car returned 5.9/100 or 48 mpg on that trip, that was with me and the wife, associated luggage.., and 48 bottles of wine on the way back. Mileage confirmed by by tank to tank fill up calc.
I've now got 90k mls on it, and think 4+ years with your remap. It must have about paid for itself in fuel savings only
Its great to get feedback like this from a customer. Just shows the reliability of our tunes. Thanks!

On the older cars there is probably a work around but since most of them are out of warranty now it is not something that is being worked on.

On the newer cars we do not know what they have implemented. We are unable to flash these newer ECU's at present.
Imran@Evolve is offline   United Kingdom
      05-28-2013, 04:52 PM   #269
jammy78
Major

Drives: E92 330D M Sport

Are you developing a switchable map for the 245bhp 330D?
jammy78 is offline   United Kingdom