E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Notes on a 2011 328i with HiFi (8-speakers/OEM amp) to XD600/6 and UP-222



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-27-2012, 11:19 AM   #23
cdgatti
Lieutenant Colonel
cdgatti's Avatar
21
Rep
1,556
Posts

 
Drives: e90 328i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: KY

iTrader: (4)

OK sounds good, now a more detailed question... it looks like the tweeter on the right is pointing/reflecting off the left side of the windshield and vice/versa. Which is the right and which is the left tweeter to get the proper imaging with this set up? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 11:30 AM   #24
Technic
Lieutenant General
Technic's Avatar
United_States
174
Rep
11,206
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 320i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdgatti View Post
OK sounds good, now a more detailed question... it looks like the tweeter on the right is pointing/reflecting off the left side of the windshield and vice/versa. Which is the right and which is the left tweeter to get the proper imaging with this set up? Thanks.
Left is left, right is right as in the photo shows. A tweeter installed in a right A-pillar will reflect to the left, and viceversa. The difference here is that the tweeters are mounted at the center speaker mount, but the reflection direction is the same.
__________________
-2015 F30 320i, Imperial/Oyster, 8AT: August 2014 ED
-2012 E92 M3 Jerez Black/Rust Brown, M-DCT: Gone
-2008 E90 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo, 6MT: Gone
-2007 MK5 GTI United Grey/Grey, DSG: Gone
-2004 E46 M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon, 6MT: Gone
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2013, 12:58 AM   #25
irished89
New Member
0
Rep
10
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i (E90)
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Orange County

iTrader: (0)

Great post, thank you Technic! Has anyone tried to use test tones and sound meter to set the gains on the amps (similar to setting up home theater setups)? Not sure if this is a feasible approach with the car.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2013, 07:47 AM   #26
Dannyboy
First Lieutenant
4
Rep
312
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 E90
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irished89 View Post
Great post, thank you Technic! Has anyone tried to use test tones and sound meter to set the gains on the amps (similar to setting up home theater setups)? Not sure if this is a feasible approach with the car.
I've used this
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...104-CD104.html

It's get test tones with various gain overlaps and in different frequencies.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2013, 01:31 PM   #27
Drone-E92
Private
Drone-E92's Avatar
0
Rep
87
Posts

 
Drives: black e92 325i
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: jamaica

iTrader: (0)

hey technic, please pm me the cost for a plug n play woofer/amp harness for an e92 325i RHD. i jus wana put bass in my trunk.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2014, 02:55 AM   #28
Broken_Gearbox
Captain
Broken_Gearbox's Avatar
7
Rep
664
Posts

 
Drives: E92
Join Date: May 2013
Location: London, UK

iTrader: (1)

how have the OEM speakers held up since if she still has the car?



thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2014, 07:26 AM   #29
Technic
Lieutenant General
Technic's Avatar
United_States
174
Rep
11,206
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 320i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Still sounding fine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Fox View Post
how have the OEM speakers held up since if she still has the car?



thanks
__________________
-2015 F30 320i, Imperial/Oyster, 8AT: August 2014 ED
-2012 E92 M3 Jerez Black/Rust Brown, M-DCT: Gone
-2008 E90 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo, 6MT: Gone
-2007 MK5 GTI United Grey/Grey, DSG: Gone
-2004 E46 M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon, 6MT: Gone
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 12:50 AM   #30
AMG_LAWL
E92 M3
AMG_LAWL's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
317
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 BMW E92 M3 - Jerez Black
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Marina Del Rey, CA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to AMG_LAWL
Hey Technic!

Technic!

I found out about you through M3 Post..

So my question is, I have a 2013 e92 m3 with base hifi sound system with no center channel speaker (pretty sure you know where this is going already..)

I saw your post http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=730390

It seemed a bit confusing to me as Im trying to install a center channel speaker, not a few tweeters there.

If I were to purchase a stock oem amp and center channel speaker from the eps system, would I be able to hook it up to my current set up?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 02:26 AM   #31
Technic
Lieutenant General
Technic's Avatar
United_States
174
Rep
11,206
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 320i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
You need to run new wires from your amplifier to the center speaker at the dash. As you can see in my install link, the HiFi system does not have any center speaker wiring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bot View Post
Technic!

I found out about you through M3 Post..

So my question is, I have a 2013 e92 m3 with base hifi sound system with no center channel speaker (pretty sure you know where this is going already..)

I saw your post http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=730390

It seemed a bit confusing to me as Im trying to install a center channel speaker, not a few tweeters there.

If I were to purchase a stock oem amp and center channel speaker from the eps system, would I be able to hook it up to my current set up?
__________________
-2015 F30 320i, Imperial/Oyster, 8AT: August 2014 ED
-2012 E92 M3 Jerez Black/Rust Brown, M-DCT: Gone
-2008 E90 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo, 6MT: Gone
-2007 MK5 GTI United Grey/Grey, DSG: Gone
-2004 E46 M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon, 6MT: Gone
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST