E90Post
 


GT Haus
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > :cry: Minor crack on one of my OEM 225 Wheels



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-17-2013, 01:44 AM   #23
cartaa100
Captain
 
cartaa100's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sydney

Posts: 667
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen View Post
Yours probably aren't cracked yet.
Buy proper tires before its too late!
Proper as in, not run flats? Haha
cartaa100 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2013, 02:17 AM   #24
Ansonlai
Private First Class
 
Drives: 325i
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Perth, WA

Posts: 161
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen View Post
Yours probably aren't cracked yet.
Buy proper tires before its too late!
Sounds like the rims is very fragile.......and eventually will crack...
I assume rims should be durable and last the entire life of the vehicle unless you damage it?
Ansonlai is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2013, 02:59 AM   #25
Zen
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Sydney Aus

Posts: 586
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartaa100 View Post
Proper as in, not run flats? Haha
Haha yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansonlai View Post
Sounds like the rims is very fragile.......and eventually will crack...
I assume rims should be durable and last the entire life of the vehicle unless you damage it?
It's potholes and rft.. they aren't the best combinations. Some say the wheels were already a defect while in the factory, but majority of people are pointing towards those dreaded RFTs.

M225s are really nice rims so take good care of them if you have them.
__________________
08' E92 335I
Black Sapphire Metallic | M-Sport | GT-CS 19" Matte Anthracite | BMW Perf. Exhaust | JB4 | AR Design Catless DP | R1 Concepts Cross-drilled & Slotted Rotors | aFe DCI | ER Chargepipe with Forge DV | ER FMIC
Zen is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2013, 03:08 AM   #26
Ansonlai
Private First Class
 
Drives: 325i
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Perth, WA

Posts: 161
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen View Post
Haha yes.



It's potholes and rft.. they aren't the best combinations. Some say the wheels were already a defect while in the factory, but majority of people are pointing towards those dreaded RFTs.

M225s are really nice rims so take good care of them if you have them.
RFT
I would change all tyres in non RFT, and buy a rim of 225, equipped with non RFT as well, putting in the boot for spare...
Ansonlai is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST