Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

  E90Post
 


TireRack

   PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Forgestar F14 Super Deep Concave Help



Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #45
hawaiianeze
Major Pain
hawaiianeze's Avatar
United_States
45
Rep
1,239
Posts

 
Drives: LCI E92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Do M3s have larger rotors than 335s?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 06:00 PM   #46
Marcadelic
Instagram: @Marcadelic
Marcadelic's Avatar
United_States
45
Rep
2,402
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Orlando/Tampa

iTrader: (3)

Send a message via Skype™ to Marcadelic
alright I've decided I need this in my life, lets hope the sdc can be made to fit all around
__________________
2010 335i FBO | Instagram: Marcadelic
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 08:46 PM   #47
gunda
Lieutenant
Canada
8
Rep
466
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i e92
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mississauga

iTrader: (0)

I just heard back from sonic tuning, Pat talked to Forgestar and this was his response:

"I spoke with Forgestar and they aren't sure. They have never cut a wheel or test fit the SDC wheel on the front of a non m. You are actually going to be the first person it seems like to have an E90/92 non m running SDC in the front. If ET 18 doesn't fit Forgestar has suggested at the most you would need a 5mm spacer."

So to answer the question, YES SDC WILL WORK ALL AROUND, worst case scenario you need to add a 5mm spacer upfront like Dr.G stated before


Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcadelic View Post
alright I've decided I need this in my life, lets hope the sdc can be made to fit all around
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 08:59 PM   #48
Dr. G
Brigadier General
Dr. G's Avatar
80
Rep
4,958
Posts

 
Drives: Black e92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Brampton, Ontario

iTrader: (32)

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [4.35]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiianeze View Post
Do M3s have larger rotors than 335s?
Yeah they are 360mm vs 348mm, but they do sit ~10mm closer to the spokes than the 335i rotors, so it will be interesting to see if there actually will be any fitment issues.
__________________
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 12:16 PM   #49
Marcadelic
Instagram: @Marcadelic
Marcadelic's Avatar
United_States
45
Rep
2,402
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Orlando/Tampa

iTrader: (3)

Send a message via Skype™ to Marcadelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunda View Post
I just heard back from sonic tuning, Pat talked to Forgestar and this was his response:

"I spoke with Forgestar and they aren't sure. They have never cut a wheel or test fit the SDC wheel on the front of a non m. You are actually going to be the first person it seems like to have an E90/92 non m running SDC in the front. If ET 18 doesn't fit Forgestar has suggested at the most you would need a 5mm spacer."

So to answer the question, YES SDC WILL WORK ALL AROUND, worst case scenario you need to add a 5mm spacer upfront like Dr.G stated before
I talked to Pat yesterday too and he said you were doing some major fender work though, are you just rolling/pulling or are going widebody?
__________________
2010 335i FBO | Instagram: Marcadelic
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #50
hawaiianeze
Major Pain
hawaiianeze's Avatar
United_States
45
Rep
1,239
Posts

 
Drives: LCI E92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Talked to mod bargain yesterday while waiting for a vanguard exhaust to be installed and they said that the SDC has been a problem for a lot of cars not just ours. The spokes are very close to the hub until the very end where it meets the barrel. They said you need a very low offset to make it clear. So basically all the same things we've already covered its just the camber and stretch that will help make this work
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 01:55 PM   #51
gunda
Lieutenant
Canada
8
Rep
466
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i e92
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mississauga

iTrader: (0)

The only fender work that I did was trim my rear fender and got front camber plates.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 08:38 AM   #52
NJ330i
Major
NJ330i's Avatar
United_States
27
Rep
1,367
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 Electric Red 330i
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (29)

Garage List
2006 BMW  [4.75]
Are these on the car?
Any pics?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 10:12 AM   #53
Marcadelic
Instagram: @Marcadelic
Marcadelic's Avatar
United_States
45
Rep
2,402
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Orlando/Tampa

iTrader: (3)

Send a message via Skype™ to Marcadelic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Taylor View Post
hey what wheels are on your car?

if you go SDC ill buy those off of you
VMR 701s in gunmetal, I'm tryin to sell them locally but I'll keep you in mind!
__________________
2010 335i FBO | Instagram: Marcadelic
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 01:57 PM   #54
OvalsE92
First Lieutenant
7
Rep
325
Posts

 
Drives: Aw/Cr
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Chi City Ill a noise

iTrader: (0)

lets see the update!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 05:07 PM   #55
Hybrid For Life
Banned
Germany
43
Rep
2,119
Posts

 
Drives: Out of Spec
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Santa Barbara, CA

iTrader: (4)

After reading over this whole thread I'm glad towards the end someone brought up the rack of a spacer for front fitment clearance issues. It's not rocket science. I can pretty much guarantee you I could get these to work up front on a non m with a fender roll (e90) or a fender trim (e93,plastic) and a spacer. Especially in the 9.5" size.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 05:10 PM   #56
TRUTH335
Banned
1
Rep
150
Posts

 
Drives: ----FAT------
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Everywhere

iTrader: (0)

Sorry guys it was my bad I was going to help with some test fitment but insurance screwed me and cancelled my policy.... Long story. Couldn't make it today so he wanted to wait for my input. Scheduled test fitment is Tuesday

We might even throw on his new MOTORSPORTS HARDWARE studs and the 2pc hybrid lugs. Good things take time guys. Lol.

Even I haven't had time to get proper pics of my car and new set up and I know alot of people re waiting

---P---
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2013, 01:02 AM   #57
tylerwillingham
Second Lieutenant
tylerwillingham's Avatar
2
Rep
274
Posts

 
Drives: Jet Black '07 335i Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kansas City, MO

iTrader: (0)

I just read through the thread but there's a lot of contradictory information.

What is the final word on whether or not these will clear the brakes? Will stretch be enough to run the 19x9.5's in the front on an e92?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2013, 01:09 AM   #58
TRUTH335
Banned
1
Rep
150
Posts

 
Drives: ----FAT------
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Everywhere

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerwillingham
I just read through the thread but there's a lot of contradictory information.

What is the final word on whether or not these will clear the brakes? Will stretch be enough to run the 19x9.5's in the front on an e92?
I will be helping him fit these Tuesday and we wil find out I picked out all the specs for him when ordering. We will see if the et18 will work as the poke should look good with the 9.5 et18 offset. If not I will add bring the 5mm spacer to clear the brakes making the offset et13 and then add more camber to match the front poke again with the rear. The 225/35 on the 9.5 is more then enough stretch I already know that

---P----
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2013, 01:42 AM   #59
tylerwillingham
Second Lieutenant
tylerwillingham's Avatar
2
Rep
274
Posts

 
Drives: Jet Black '07 335i Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kansas City, MO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUTH335 View Post
I will be helping him fit these Tuesday and we wil find out I picked out all the specs for him when ordering. We will see if the et18 will work as the poke should look good with the 9.5 et18 offset. If not I will add bring the 5mm spacer to clear the brakes making the offset et13 and then add more camber to match the front poke again with the rear. The 225/35 on the 9.5 is more then enough stretch I already know that

---P----
Awesome I can't wait to see where this goes. I've been searching heavily tonight for info or other examples. It looks like this might be a first for an all SDC setup on a non-M.

Are you planning on trimming the front fenders?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2013, 01:46 AM   #60
TRUTH335
Banned
1
Rep
150
Posts

 
Drives: ----FAT------
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Everywhere

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerwillingham View Post
Awesome I can't wait to see where this goes. I've been searching heavily tonight for info or other examples. It looks like this might be a first for an all SDC setup on a non-M.

Are you planning on trimming the front fenders?
Its is the 1st super deep concave on a e93 using these aggressive specs. Rear fenders are trimmed and ready front fenders are plastic on the e92 so camber plates are upfront and the stretch will give the necessary clearance.

Hit me up if you want help with a set up or specs or just want to talk about wheels etc. I run wider more aggressive on my e90 LCI and am currently only one with my specs and 12" rear on a LCI e90

---P---
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2013, 03:04 PM   #61
Dcara
Private First Class
Dcara's Avatar
Canada
1
Rep
180
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Edmonton

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUTH335 View Post
Its is the 1st super deep concave on a e93 using these aggressive specs. Rear fenders are trimmed and ready front fenders are plastic on the e92 so camber plates are upfront and the stretch will give the necessary clearance.

Hit me up if you want help with a set up or specs or just want to talk about wheels etc. I run wider more aggressive on my e90 LCI and am currently only one with my specs and 12" rear on a LCI e90

---P---
Do you know if a Pre lci (07) e90 with sport package could handle sdc all the way around? Really want that look but don't want to do any fender trimming or rolling

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2013, 04:01 PM   #62
TRUTH335
Banned
1
Rep
150
Posts

 
Drives: ----FAT------
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Everywhere

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcara
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUTH335 View Post
Its is the 1st super deep concave on a e93 using these aggressive specs. Rear fenders are trimmed and ready front fenders are plastic on the e92 so camber plates are upfront and the stretch will give the necessary clearance.

Hit me up if you want help with a set up or specs or just want to talk about wheels etc. I run wider more aggressive on my e90 LCI and am currently only one with my specs and 12" rear on a LCI e90

---P---
Do you know if a Pre lci (07) e90 with sport package could handle sdc all the way around? Really want that look but don't want to do any fender trimming or rolling

Thanks!
I'm no expert or anything when it comes to SDC but as far as specs a PRE LCI should easily handle SDC all around.

You can go with a 9.5 front et 13-18 or even better a 10" et13-18(what I run)WORK rims
Rears you can go 11 et15-25 or you can easily go with a 12" et 20+(what I run)WORK rims

---P---
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2013, 05:17 PM   #63
VTECaddict
Where'd my VTEC go?
VTECaddict's Avatar
47
Rep
4,625
Posts

 
Drives: 06 330i 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bakersfield, CA

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcara View Post
Do you know if a Pre lci (07) e90 with sport package could handle sdc all the way around? Really want that look but don't want to do any fender trimming or rolling

Thanks!
Yeah, not going to happen without work on the fenders.
__________________
AW/Terra | ZSP | ZPP | ZCW | iDrive | CA
Mods: BC BR | OEM Blacklines | M-tech rear | custom dual exhaust | M3 steering wheel | BMW SSK | ZHP shift knob | BMW Performance rep spoiler
Varrstoen ES1 19x9.5+20 Front, 19x11+25 rear
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2013, 05:19 PM   #64
gunda
Lieutenant
Canada
8
Rep
466
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i e92
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mississauga

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcara View Post
Do you know if a Pre lci (07) e90 with sport package could handle sdc all the way around? Really want that look but don't want to do any fender trimming or rolling

Thanks!
If your not looking to roll or trim your fender, you shouldn't even attempt this lol.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2013, 05:27 PM   #65
TRUTH335
Banned
1
Rep
150
Posts

 
Drives: ----FAT------
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Everywhere

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTECaddict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcara View Post
Do you know if a Pre lci (07) e90 with sport package could handle sdc all the way around? Really want that look but don't want to do any fender trimming or rolling

Thanks!
Yeah, not going to happen without work on the fenders.
Lol. I bet I can make them work. I gurantee and already know you can run a 9.5" et13 as I run a 10" just as aggressive.

So please elaborate dude.

You don't trim your front fenders but I would fold them which you can do yourself its very easily

---P---
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2013, 05:33 PM   #66
gunda
Lieutenant
Canada
8
Rep
466
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i e92
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Mississauga

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUTH335 View Post
Lol. I bet I can make them work. I gurantee and already know you can run a 9.5" et13 as I run a 10" just as aggressive.

So please elaborate dude.

You don't trim your front fenders but I would fold them which you can do yourself its very easily

---P---
He doesn't wanna do any fender work lol...including the rears. Unless he gets a regular SDC setup with a high offset and like 10" rear.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST