E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > LUX H8 V4 Offiicial Picture Thread



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-04-2013, 09:55 AM   #133
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
LuxAngelEyes's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325xi, Sparkling Graphite
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Haven, CT

Posts: 3,099
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ink View Post
Do e90 and e92 rings light up differently?
No they are pretty much the same. The way the lights work is different, but they look about 99% the same.
LuxAngelEyes is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-04-2013, 12:07 PM   #134
SF E90
Private
 
Drives: 2011 328i E90 LCI BWM
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)

I just ordered a set of V4's and will take comparison pix, as soon as I get them. Hopefully the turning off flickering won't get on my nerves...
SF E90 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2013, 09:49 PM   #135
e92stealth
New Member
 
e92stealth's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335i Premium, Sport, Nav,
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: United States

Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
09 e92 335  [2.75]
Just Purchased

Hi all,

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I have only been disappointed with Lux. Yes, I agree they are the best led direct replacement option for our vehicles, but I'm sorry to say, they come nowhere near the stock bulbs even, let alone the captivating output of newer bmw's.

Not only are the outer rings EXTREMELY dim at 75% of viewing angles, they FLICKER! I'm sorry, but that's truly unacceptable, the V3's which I also owned for a few weeks (sold) did not flicker.

NO, the upgrade is not worth it. I have had both. I don't like either, to be honest. The only affordable solution for daytime brightness is HID. Even with the downsides, it appears the best option for people who want visible outer rings before dusk.

The only difference between v3's and v4's regarding light output is:

- You can change the lumens
- The inner ring is brighter than v3

Unfortunately, who cares about the inner ring being a bit brighter, when the outer ring is BARELY noticeable from most daylight angles. Notice how ALL pictures of these lights are taken from the GROUND! Like anyone looking at your car is ever laying on the ground HAHA

Stand up and you won't be happy. Not to mention, the flickering is a HUGE drawback, and since lux blatantly forgot to mention this, it's a black mark to their name.

Sorry folks, but Lux has just been dropped from my credible list. They released a flickering product and FAILED to openly disclose, except in tiny or misleading print, to potential buyers.

VERY DISAPPOINTED!

If they won't accept full return, here I come EBAY!

HID's are on order, until I upgrade to the new model BMW

Just my .02
__________________

//JB4 G5//FORMULA ONE CERAMIC//BMS DROP IN//SPORT//PREMIUM//NAV//PASSPORT MAX//RIP LUX BECAUSE THEY SUCK ASS
e92stealth is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-07-2013, 10:53 PM   #136
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
LuxAngelEyes's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325xi, Sparkling Graphite
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Haven, CT

Posts: 3,099
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92stealth View Post
Hi all,

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I have only been disappointed with Lux. Yes, I agree they are the best led direct replacement option for our vehicles, but I'm sorry to say, they come nowhere near the stock bulbs even, let alone the captivating output of newer bmw's.

Not only are the outer rings EXTREMELY dim at 75% of viewing angles, they FLICKER! I'm sorry, but that's truly unacceptable, the V3's which I also owned for a few weeks (sold) did not flicker.

NO, the upgrade is not worth it. I have had both. I don't like either, to be honest. The only affordable solution for daytime brightness is HID. Even with the downsides, it appears the best option for people who want visible outer rings before dusk.

The only difference between v3's and v4's regarding light output is:

- You can change the lumens
- The inner ring is brighter than v3

Unfortunately, who cares about the inner ring being a bit brighter, when the outer ring is BARELY noticeable from most daylight angles. Notice how ALL pictures of these lights are taken from the GROUND! Like anyone looking at your car is ever laying on the ground HAHA

Stand up and you won't be happy. Not to mention, the flickering is a HUGE drawback, and since lux blatantly forgot to mention this, it's a black mark to their name.

Sorry folks, but Lux has just been dropped from my credible list. They released a flickering product and FAILED to openly disclose, except in tiny or misleading print, to potential buyers.

VERY DISAPPOINTED!

If they won't accept full return, here I come EBAY!

HID's are on order, until I upgrade to the new model BMW

Just my .02
We had designed these not to flicker but one thing we did not encounter in all our testing was the fade on/off feature. Unfortunately this does cause them to pulse on, but it happens less than 1% of the usage of them. We did not know about this until after we produced these lights and we do not have any way to change this. 99% of the time the lights are on and we have designed them to be 100% brightness all the dime and they do not dim at all.

As for the outer ring- this is simply the design of the headlights so please dint blame out the Lux for this. We pump so much light into the outer ring but the design of the headlight limits how much light can be reflected out. You are making such a huge deal about this but remember this is the design if the headlights! If you put your stock bulbs back in you will find the exact same thing happen. So please get off your high horse about this!

As well the Lux H8 v4 bulbs produce almost 2x the amount of light as a stock halogen bulb, so I don't understand how you could thing them are dimmer than the stock bulbs. The color of these lights is the same as daylight so there is less contrast in color, but the overall amount of light is much greater then stock

Yes hid lights will be brighter because hey produce 2-3x the amount of light, but the inner ring becomes too bright it become illegal and dangerous at night to other drivers. Bid lights are not a plug and play modification and there have been numerous instances of them yellowing and ruining the headlights

If you are truly unhappy with these lights the please email me and you can return these for a full refund.

Last edited by LuxAngelEyes; 06-07-2013 at 11:00 PM.
LuxAngelEyes is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2013, 10:47 AM   #137
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
LuxAngelEyes's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325xi, Sparkling Graphite
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Haven, CT

Posts: 3,099
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92stealth View Post
WARNING: I purchased these less than a week ago, and WELL after your company discovered the design flaws. Your website made ZERO mention of this, and is currently misleading consumers. Further, all your daytime pictures are misleading, taken from the ground level. For anyone on the fence, don't bother upgrading, they are actually worse than v3's. If you are concerned with daytime visibility, don't be misled, these do not look good PERIOD. And yes, other companies selling similar led products are even worse, but for $250 and a brand new product launch, I am very disappointed.

The outer ring on my stock bmw bulbs ARE brighter in the daytime than yours, and are viewable at ALL angles. While I don't much care for them, they are in fact superior in outer ring visibility during the day.

If you want a sick looking angel eye AT NIGHT, go with lux. But if you want a classy look, and not a bmw that appears to have only 1 daytime angel eye per side lol forget about these. Not to mention, the flickering could have been dealt with if the V4's truly required 1 year of development. To say you didn't know, HAHA what a load. 1 year and no one noticed, with all the testing, don't even bother.
Again if you are that unhappy please send me an e-mail so we can start the return for you on these. We did not make any mention on our website at that time because we were still investigating the problem and wasn’t sure which models or cars it would affect.

As for pictures - again you are complaining about the design of the headlights and that the outer rings are visible only from certain angles - THIS IS NOT A FLAW OF THE LUX H8 V4!!! The outer rings are only visible from around eye level and best viewed from 20 feet away or more. The best scenario we can give is imagine what these lights look like from the car in front of you , or a car coming down the road.

For brightness, you are confusing Color temperature/contrast brightness. The stock bulbs are a much warmer color temperature so there is a contrast in color between daylight and the light from these. The LUX H8 V4 are the same color as daylight so you don’t have that contrast to show how bright the lights are. As we said earlier, the LUX H8 V4 bulbs are 2-3 x as bright as the stock halogen bulbs depending if the headlights are on or not.

Lastly to your comment “To say you didn't know, HAHA what a load” We are telling the truth with these. We tested these lights on most every car for about 8 months and we never once heard of the lights pulsing at startup. If we did know about this we would have looked to make changes before we mass produced these lights.

SO again, e-mail me if you have any further comments and if you would like to return these. sales@luxANgelEyes.com and please stop making this argument personal like you have a vendetta against us.
LuxAngelEyes is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2013, 08:45 PM   #138
infidel335
Lieutenant
 
infidel335's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 335xi
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NC

Posts: 420
iTrader: (0)

I'm not taking anyone's side but e92stealth has less than 20 posts and many of them are directly bashing Lux. Seems like a troll hiding under a new name...
__________________

335xi: JB4 G5 | KW V1s | muffler delete | BMS DCI | VRSF 7" FMIC | aFe air scoops | VMR v703 18x8 | and your mom
infidel335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2013, 11:09 PM   #139
P Casey
Captain
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: San Antonio

Posts: 774
iTrader: (2)

I've thought about taking mine out and putting stocks back in because it doesn't look right, I'm pretty disappointed in mine as well. I should have them for sale pretty soon. I can understand why some people are upset.
__________________
| BBS LM-R DBK | AA Race FMIC | AR DP | Cobb | AA BOV | KW Coils | Vangaurd V2 | M-Sport |
| K-Sport BBK | Exotic Speed CAI | Pro Tuned | Predator Orion V4 |
P Casey is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-09-2013, 02:15 AM   #140
MasterWang
Captain
 
Drives: 335i e92
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lawrence, KS

Posts: 725
iTrader: (2)

I actually had my brother drive my car with the lux v4's while I drove his, so I could see for myself how they look on the road. Looked pretty nice to me!

Yes the outer rings become less visible standing next to them at an angle, but how often are people looking down at them like that?

Our pre-lci angel eyes were designed this way by BMW...I'm sure they designed them to be visible in other drivers' rear view mirrors and from oncoming traffic...not for some guy in his SUV sitting next to you at a stop light.

I remember when I used to complain about the viewing angel of my parents' LCD TV... but then I stopped complaining because I knew there were design limitations at the time. I was 15.
MasterWang is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-09-2013, 07:21 AM   #141
Blindside_137
Major General
 
Blindside_137's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 E93 Space Gray 328
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC // Blacksburg, VA

Posts: 5,535
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterWang
I actually had my brother drive my car with the lux v4's while I drove his, so I could see for myself how they look on the road. Looked pretty nice to me!

Yes the outer rings become less visible standing next to them at an angle, but how often are people looking down at them like that?

Our pre-lci angel eyes were designed this way by BMW...I'm sure they designed them to be visible in other drivers' rear view mirrors and from oncoming traffic...not for some guy in his SUV sitting next to you at a stop light.

I remember when I used to complain about the viewing angel of my parents' LCD TV... but then I stopped complaining because I knew there were design limitations at the time. I was 15.
Bingo.

I think the main thing is, for whatever reason, the stock angel eyes have a better light distribution into the outer ring when you stand close to the car. But when you step back the Lux are infinitely better. It's only us that ever stand inside of 20 feet of the car, and we are more critical as a result. The average person looking at these lights will be much further.

Sheesh.
__________________
M3 Edition Grilles|Painted Reflectors|Matte Black Vinyl Window Trim|CF Performance Spoiler|35% Tint|19" Satin Black Avant Garde M359|Lux H8 V3
OEM Aero Lip|M3 Side Skirts|LCI Tails|M-tech Rear|Duke Dynamics CF Performance|Cyba 4.0 Black Chrome
Blindside_137 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-09-2013, 09:38 PM   #142
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
LuxAngelEyes's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325xi, Sparkling Graphite
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Haven, CT

Posts: 3,099
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
Bingo.

I think the main thing is, for whatever reason, the stock angel eyes have a better light distribution into the outer ring when you stand close to the car. But when you step back the Lux are infinitely better. It's only us that ever stand inside of 20 feet of the car, and we are more critical as a result. The average person looking at these lights will be much further.

Sheesh.
Thanks for that info. Yes once you step back from the car and are able to see the rings fully then you fan really see what they look like
LuxAngelEyes is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-10-2013, 09:25 AM   #143
inimeg
Private
 
Drives: 328i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: florida

Posts: 56
iTrader: (0)

Does LUX openly talk about the light distribution issue with the E90/92 series? because I don't remember it when I purchased my set of V3's 6 months ago (which were re-sold here for basically half the price) I felt it "riced" out my BMW, looked like a cheap lights like those HID kits for Civics, it wasn't worth it just for them to be "white".

Look they make a good product but I feel they should be more open about the downfalls, but then again not every vendor is as accessible as LUX so props to them for being on the forum and answering these questions/complaints but for the price point and the output, they just don't work IMO.

If they were a little more open about the short comings of the lights and how it relates directly to the ring that receives the light they'd might have less customers but less complaints as well.

For my personally I was debating these but will either switch out to a newer model soon or go OSS/5300K HID bulbs than this route again
inimeg is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-10-2013, 11:19 AM   #144
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
LuxAngelEyes's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325xi, Sparkling Graphite
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Haven, CT

Posts: 3,099
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inimeg View Post
Does LUX openly talk about the light distribution issue with the E90/92 series? because I don't remember it when I purchased my set of V3's 6 months ago (which were re-sold here for basically half the price) I felt it "riced" out my BMW, looked like a cheap lights like those HID kits for Civics, it wasn't worth it just for them to be "white".

Look they make a good product but I feel they should be more open about the downfalls, but then again not every vendor is as accessible as LUX so props to them for being on the forum and answering these questions/complaints but for the price point and the output, they just don't work IMO.

If they were a little more open about the short comings of the lights and how it relates directly to the ring that receives the light they'd might have less customers but less complaints as well.

For my personally I was debating these but will either switch out to a newer model soon or go OSS/5300K HID bulbs than this route again
We have discussed the topic of light distribution hundreds of times on this forum. As we always say, this is a bulb replacement that utilizes the stock headlights and stock rings. We do work to maximize the amount of light that goes into the outer rings, but again the outer rings are limited by their physical design. No bulb replacement will be able to overcome the physics behind this.

Yes if you go with an aftermarket product you can achieve a different look, but that requires opening your headlights, voiding warranties, etc. That is a different discussion all together.

We have never said that you will achieve 100% even light distribution between the rings so your comment about “If they were a little more open about the short comings” I don’t feel is valid. HID angel eyes will make the brightness difference between the inner and outer rings even greater as well.
LuxAngelEyes is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-10-2013, 11:53 AM   #145
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
 
Drives: 2009 e90 2011 f10
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Clifton Park, NY

Posts: 3,194
iTrader: (0)

so much for a picture thread. be nice if the bickering could be eliminated and LUX and others stick to posting shots of the lights instead.
__________________

2009 MBM 328| ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | CA | 6FL | NAV | XENONS | 18x8.5 VB3s ET30/25
2011 Jet Black 535i xdrive | ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | 6FL | NAV | 331s Square
wdeerfield is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2013, 09:03 AM   #146
Shazmonkee
 
Shazmonkee's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E92
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: United States

Posts: 2,457
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Shazmonkee
Okay, I'm going to put my two cents here. My personal experience with LUX has always been fantastic. This has nothing to do with the V4, but the V3 Amber, and the reason why I'm chiming in is because people are bashing on LUX's credibility. I've purchased two sets of these V3 Amber bulbs for my angel eyes and fog lights.

First of all, the product and service is never less than amazing. I've actually had one of the v3 amber bulbs fail on me, more likely due to the lifetime usage than any actual manufacturing defects. The warranty period for me was way over the expiration date, but LUX was kind enough to provide a really good price for replacement; and I didn't have to bash them to hell, like I see people doing here, to get the lights replaced.

And two things that bother me about what was mentioned way more than it should've been:

Light output / temperature: there's a difference between output/lumens and temperature/kelvins. Basically, one rates the actual brightness of the bulb, and the other rates the color of the light, respectively. Anyone that complains about LUX being not bright enough is ignorant as to how light works. Obviously a yellow color light will be more visible during the daytime; that's why I got the Amber version because its visible on the brightest days. The white version on the other hand is daylight temperature, so you can put the brightest possible bulb in there, and it would still be nearly invisible on the outer ring. It's the design of the angel eyes that make it this way--not LUXs fault, they're only trying to improve the outdated look of our stock angel eyes, and they do a good job of it.

Light distribution: Let's be freakin' realistic here people. Cars in front of you or pedestrians aren't 2 feet in front your vehicle. In a real world setting, the LUX functions the exact same way the OEM bulbs do. This is because of the design of the OEM headlights. BMW designed the light optics, so why is everyone blaming LUX for the "uneven" look? The outer ring will always look "dimmer", but in a real world setting, they look as even as those headlights can get. I've been in front of my own car as well as other E92s (there's a lot in California) in sedans and trucks, and the visual of the LUX angel eyes are phenomenal. What I'm trying to say is, the point of the angel eyes are to be DRLs (making others know your vehicle is there from a DISTANCE), so in a real-world situation, we would typically be AT LEAST 20 feet away from any vehicle or pedestrian.

I am not a LUX fanboy, and I rarely write this much or even write reviews, but the amount of complaining about LUX and their integrity is ridiculous. You guys all drive BMWs. They're expensive in all aspects, including quality aftermarket parts. If you're going to complain about paying a few hundred dollars for a quality product and superb service, go to eBay. You can go make a risky purchase and possibly get a poor quality product and no post-sale service.
Shazmonkee is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2013, 09:10 PM   #147
Blindside_137
Major General
 
Blindside_137's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 E93 Space Gray 328
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC // Blacksburg, VA

Posts: 5,535
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazmonkee
Okay, I'm going to put my two cents here. My personal experience with LUX has always been fantastic. This has nothing to do with the V4, but the V3 Amber, and the reason why I'm chiming in is because people are bashing on LUX's credibility. I've purchased two sets of these V3 Amber bulbs for my angel eyes and fog lights.

First of all, the product and service is never less than amazing. I've actually had one of the v3 amber bulbs fail on me, more likely due to the lifetime usage than any actual manufacturing defects. The warranty period for me was way over the expiration date, but LUX was kind enough to provide a really good price for replacement; and I didn't have to bash them to hell, like I see people doing here, to get the lights replaced.

And two things that bother me about what was mentioned way more than it should've been:

Light output / temperature: there's a difference between output/lumens and temperature/kelvins. Basically, one rates the actual brightness of the bulb, and the other rates the color of the light, respectively. Anyone that complains about LUX being not bright enough is ignorant as to how light works. Obviously a yellow color light will be more visible during the daytime; that's why I got the Amber version because its visible on the brightest days. The white version on the other hand is daylight temperature, so you can put the brightest possible bulb in there, and it would still be nearly invisible on the outer ring. It's the design of the angel eyes that make it this way--not LUXs fault, they're only trying to improve the outdated look of our stock angel eyes, and they do a good job of it.

Light distribution: Let's be freakin' realistic here people. Cars in front of you or pedestrians aren't 2 feet in front your vehicle. In a real world setting, the LUX functions the exact same way the OEM bulbs do. This is because of the design of the OEM headlights. BMW designed the light optics, so why is everyone blaming LUX for the "uneven" look? The outer ring will always look "dimmer", but in a real world setting, they look as even as those headlights can get. I've been in front of my own car as well as other E92s (there's a lot in California) in sedans and trucks, and the visual of the LUX angel eyes are phenomenal. What I'm trying to say is, the point of the angel eyes are to be DRLs (making others know your vehicle is there from a DISTANCE), so in a real-world situation, we would typically be AT LEAST 20 feet away from any vehicle or pedestrian.

I am not a LUX fanboy, and I rarely write this much or even write reviews, but the amount of complaining about LUX and their integrity is ridiculous. You guys all drive BMWs. They're expensive in all aspects, including quality aftermarket parts. If you're going to complain about paying a few hundred dollars for a quality product and superb service, go to eBay. You can go make a risky purchase and possibly get a poor quality product and no post-sale service.
Could not agree more with you
__________________
M3 Edition Grilles|Painted Reflectors|Matte Black Vinyl Window Trim|CF Performance Spoiler|35% Tint|19" Satin Black Avant Garde M359|Lux H8 V3
OEM Aero Lip|M3 Side Skirts|LCI Tails|M-tech Rear|Duke Dynamics CF Performance|Cyba 4.0 Black Chrome
Blindside_137 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-13-2013, 01:14 PM   #148
antark
New Member
 
Drives: 2009 White 328i XDrive Sedan
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)

Lux v4 vs Stock. Direct sunlight.


Last edited by antark; 06-13-2013 at 01:24 PM.
antark is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-13-2013, 02:07 PM   #149
dwells
ಠ_ಠ
 
dwells's Avatar
 
Drives: Monaco Blue 335i coupe
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New England

Posts: 1,521
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazmonkee View Post
I've actually had one of the v3 amber bulbs fail on me, more likely due to the lifetime usage than any actual manufacturing defects.
CREE LED emitters are rated for 50,000 hours minimum, and that's just until the LED reaches less than half brightness. Therefore, a bulb failing was due to a manufacturing issue, not just dying out from normal use. Even if your driving only has an average speed of 10 mph, the bulb should have lasted a half million miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazmonkee View Post
You guys all drive BMWs. They're expensive in all aspects, including quality aftermarket parts. If you're going to complain about paying a few hundred dollars for a quality product and superb service, go to eBay.
This attitude is the reason we all get screwed from vendors who have absolutely insane markups/profit margins. The fact that the car the part is being applied to happens to have a roundel on the hood makes no impact on how expensive it is to manufacture the part. I'm not bashing Lux in particular here, but the vendors in general, especially since they tend to all carry the same parts made in China.
__________________
| 335i coupe | Monaco Blue | JB4 G5 ISO | Style 313M | Huper 40% tint | Aero lip | CSL trunk spoiler | M3 sideskirts
| Paint-matched grilles | Painted reflectors | GP Thunder II angel eyes | Smoked LED sidemarkers | Self-coded |
dwells is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-17-2013, 02:24 PM   #150
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
LuxAngelEyes's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325xi, Sparkling Graphite
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Haven, CT

Posts: 3,099
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells View Post
CREE LED emitters are rated for 50,000 hours minimum, and that's just until the LED reaches less than half brightness. Therefore, a bulb failing was due to a manufacturing issue, not just dying out from normal use. Even if your driving only has an average speed of 10 mph, the bulb should have lasted a half million miles.


This attitude is the reason we all get screwed from vendors who have absolutely insane markups/profit margins. The fact that the car the part is being applied to happens to have a roundel on the hood makes no impact on how expensive it is to manufacture the part. I'm not bashing Lux in particular here, but the vendors in general, especially since they tend to all carry the same parts made in China.
If you are complaining about all vendors the please remove your comments from this thread. As well if you look back in time, we were the first company to make a product with this design, and since then every single company out there copied our design.
LuxAngelEyes is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-24-2013, 12:21 AM   #151
Damov
New Member
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Charlotte, NC

Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Skype™ to Damov
I have an early model 2007 335i Coupe...will I receive compatibility issues? I know it says it on your website lux..but i really really want to buy these, and what are my chances? return policy?

Last edited by Damov; 06-24-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Damov is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2013, 11:13 AM   #152
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
LuxAngelEyes's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325xi, Sparkling Graphite
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Haven, CT

Posts: 3,099
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by antark View Post
Lux v4 vs Stock. Direct sunlight.


Sweet picture! Thanks for posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damov View Post
I have an early model 2007 335i Coupe...will I receive compatibility issues? I know it says it on your website lux..but i really really want to buy these, and what are my chances? return policy?
We have found that the lights do not work correctly and will turn off. We are working on a solution but don't have anything yet. If you decide to try anyways there is a $10 restocking fee for returns.
LuxAngelEyes is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-02-2013, 07:39 AM   #153
M3RR1CK
New Member
 
Drives: BMW 335
Join Date: May 2013
Location: 3

Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

Passenger side Lux v4 (settnig: 6300) vs Driver side stock. Overcast Day.

Overall the iphone picture don't justify the lights - but the side by side view you can get an idea on the brightness.

Install wasn't too bad, I ended up taking out a few nuts/bolts on the engine components behind the lights to make more room for my hands - 1 nut on passenger side to remove the black cylinder (I then just taped it out of the way) - and 3 bolts on drivers side to move the metal bracket back a bit - by doing so I have more then enough room to see and more around. One thing to note that the install instructions do not mention - to remove the bulb on the drivers side you have to turn it clockwise (passenger side is counter clockwise) - the instructions didn't mention this and it a few mins to figure that one out.

M3RR1CK is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-02-2013, 08:48 AM   #154
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
 
Drives: 2009 e90 2011 f10
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Clifton Park, NY

Posts: 3,194
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3RR1CK View Post
Passenger side Lux v4 (settnig: 6300) vs Driver side stock. Overcast Day.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/pictur...ictureid=47212
looks great! as you can see in this picture, even the stock bulb has issues lighting up the outer ring. Because of that color temp, you can see it in the day. if lux made these any other color than pure white or a hint of blue, youd probably see them better. since we all want the new white light the LCI coupes have, they made these. The cons i see are price and hot spots, the flicker isnt a huge deal.

I like that lux is accepting refunds to unhappy customers. Thats a proper business mitigating the problems. I do however, find it hard to understand they never experienced the flickering. Did they not properly QA these on all cars they were building them for?
__________________

2009 MBM 328| ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | CA | 6FL | NAV | XENONS | 18x8.5 VB3s ET30/25
2011 Jet Black 535i xdrive | ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | 6FL | NAV | 331s Square
wdeerfield is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST