E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Need some legal advice..



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-26-2013, 04:31 PM   #1
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
 
asdflkijd's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 5,503
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Need some legal advice..

Anybody know a good attorney/ lawyer or case manager that I could speak to for about 5 minutes or so? Just need some legal advice on a matter and mine is out of town on vacation...
asdflkijd is offline   South Korea
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #2
Taran.J
Youtube.com/Taran861 ModMyEuro.com
 
Taran.J's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 e90 328i & multiple Merc's
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tacoma/Puyallup, WA

Posts: 4,672
iTrader: (3)

Send a message via Skype™ to Taran.J
Jagjit (Jag) Matto tel:253-332-4879

My uncle stand up guy.
__________________
Taran.J is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #3
tony20009
Brigadier General
 
tony20009's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington, DC

Posts: 4,506
iTrader: (0)

Are there no other lawyers in your attorney's firm? Surely for simple question they can help you and as your guy is partnered with them, I would think he trusts them.
__________________
Cheers,
Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
tony20009 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2013, 05:52 PM   #4
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
 
asdflkijd's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 5,503
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taran.J View Post
Jagjit (Jag) Matto tel:253-332-4879

My uncle stand up guy.
Just got off the phone with him, really great guy. Answered all my questions regarding the situation... We need more people like him in that profession.
asdflkijd is offline   South Korea
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2013, 05:53 PM   #5
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
 
asdflkijd's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 5,503
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Are there no other lawyers in your attorney's firm? Surely for simple question they can help you and as your guy is partnered with them, I would think he trusts them.
I did but they didn't seem to know what they were talking about...
asdflkijd is offline   South Korea
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2013, 05:55 PM   #6
Taran.J
Youtube.com/Taran861 ModMyEuro.com
 
Taran.J's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 e90 328i & multiple Merc's
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tacoma/Puyallup, WA

Posts: 4,672
iTrader: (3)

Send a message via Skype™ to Taran.J
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdflkijd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taran.J View Post
Jagjit (Jag) Matto tel:253-332-4879

My uncle stand up guy.
Just got off the phone with him, really great guy. Answered all my questions regarding the situation... We need more people like him in that profession.
Good to hear he's doing his job haha
__________________
Taran.J is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2013, 07:36 PM   #7
tony20009
Brigadier General
 
tony20009's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington, DC

Posts: 4,506
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdflkijd View Post
I did but they didn't seem to know what they were talking about...
Really? Were I, for a specialized topic on which I needed to rely on a trained professional such as an accountant or attorney, and speaking to a partner in the same firm as the guy/gal I normally work with, able to tell that the partner with whom I spoke doesn't know what they are talking about, I would also have very serious concerns about the partner with whom I normally did business.

The axiom about birds of a feather flocking together can fairly reliably be applied to partners in professional services firms such as law firms, medical practices and accountancies. Moreover, any partner in such a firm who speaks with you and who doesn't fully understand the subject matter has an ethical obligation to simply say so directly. Based on what you said alone, there is either a shortage of ethics or a shortage of profession subject matter knowledge. I wouldn't care to continue to be exposed tot he negative aspects of either of those causes. I would stop dealing with any member of that firm.

I presume that's what you are doing since you asked the question. But I'm not sure because you also mentioned that the attorney you normally use is on vacation. Once I'd discovered the stuff I mentioned above, his vacation status would be irrelevant because I wouldn't be contacting him when he returns home.

I don't know what type of attorney you need, but perhaps one of the firms noted here has the type you need. ( http://www.lawandpolitics.com/washin...09f2b52d0.html )

Best of luck.

PS
The only firm I know of in your area is Perkins Coie. They have a broad range of practice areas and their professionals are of the highest caliber. I haven't directly engaged them for any services, but one of their partners participated in a meeting of which I was a part. If your matter is "garden variety," I'm sure it won't mater with which attorney you speak at the firm so long as it's their practice area. Barring that, if nobody local to you comes up with a name for you, I wouldn't mind inquiring of the attorney I work with from time to time at Williams and Connolly here in DC if he knows someone of similarly high quality in Seattle with whom you might engage.
__________________
Cheers,
Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
tony20009 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2013, 08:16 PM   #8
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
 
asdflkijd's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 5,503
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Really? Were I, for a specialized topic on which I needed to rely on a trained professional such as an accountant or attorney, and speaking to a partner in the same firm as the guy/gal I normally work with, able to tell that the partner with whom I spoke doesn't know what they are talking about, I would also have very serious concerns about the partner with whom I normally did business.

The axiom about birds of a feather flocking together can fairly reliably be applied to partners in professional services firms such as law firms, medical practices and accountancies. Moreover, any partner in such a firm who speaks with you and who doesn't fully understand the subject matter has an ethical obligation to simply say so directly. Based on what you said alone, there is either a shortage of ethics or a shortage of profession subject matter knowledge. I wouldn't care to continue to be exposed tot he negative aspects of either of those causes. I would stop dealing with any member of that firm.

I presume that's what you are doing since you asked the question. But I'm not sure because you also mentioned that the attorney you normally use is on vacation. Once I'd discovered the stuff I mentioned above, his vacation status would be irrelevant because I wouldn't be contacting him when he returns home.

I don't know what type of attorney you need, but perhaps one of the firms noted here has the type you need. ( http://www.lawandpolitics.com/washin...09f2b52d0.html )

Best of luck.

PS
The only firm I know of in your area is Perkins Coie. They have a broad range of practice areas and their professionals are of the highest caliber. I haven't directly engaged them for any services, but one of their partners participated in a meeting of which I was a part. If your matter is "garden variety," I'm sure it won't mater with which attorney you speak at the firm so long as it's their practice area. Barring that, if nobody local to you comes up with a name for you, I wouldn't mind inquiring of the attorney I work with from time to time at Williams and Connolly here in DC if he knows someone of similarly high quality in Seattle with whom you might engage.
Thanks! I'll keep them in mind for future occasions as well..
asdflkijd is offline   South Korea
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST