Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

  E90Post
 


TireRack

   PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Please help! I'm clueless



Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #1
nickgoa
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
31
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cincinnati,OH USA

iTrader: (0)

Please help! I'm clueless

Hello

unfortunately I can't seem to get michelin super sport in 255/35/18 here in europe....specifically Greece for rear.

I can only get the following... Super sports

225 40 R 18 88 Y * F B 71dB
235 45 R 18 94 ZR(Y) F A 71dB
245 45 R 18 100 ZR(Y) XL E A 71dB
245 40 R 18 97 ZR(Y) XL E A 71dB
245 35 R 18 92 Y XL | * E B 71dB
265 45 R 18 101 ZR(Y) E A 71dB
265 40 R 18 101 ZR(Y) XL E A 71dB

Can you please help me pick the best fit for my 2007 e92 for rear to match the 225/40/18 for the front?

Please elaborate what I'll gain lose by going up ro down.

Much appreciated.

N

Last edited by nickgoa; 07-03-2013 at 10:42 PM.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2013, 04:55 AM   #2
nickgoa
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
31
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cincinnati,OH USA

iTrader: (0)

Somebody please chime in.... thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2013, 05:15 AM   #3
MonacoBlueE90
Colonel
MonacoBlueE90's Avatar
Finland
30
Rep
2,403
Posts

 
Drives: BMW E90 Pre-LCI
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgoa View Post
Hello

unfortunately I can't seem to get michelin super sport in 255/35/18 here in europe....specifically Greece for rear.

I can only get the following... Super sports

225 40 R 18 88 Y * F B 71dB
235 45 R 18 94 ZR(Y) F A 71dB
245 45 R 18 100 ZR(Y) XL E A 71dB
245 40 R 18 97 ZR(Y) XL E A 71dB
245 35 R 18 92 Y XL | * E B 71dB
265 45 R 18 101 ZR(Y) E A 71dB
265 40 R 18 101 ZR(Y) XL E A 71dB

Can you please help me pick the best fit for my 2007 e92 for rear to match the 225/40/18 for the front?
None of those match the 225/40/18 front, well except of course 225/40/18
All those tyres compared to front, will give you way too big diameter difference.

Next best thing would be 265/35/18 if you can't get 255/35/18.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2013, 10:37 AM   #4
nickgoa
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
31
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cincinnati,OH USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoBlueE90 View Post
None of those match the 225/40/18 front, well except of course 225/40/18
All those tyres compared to front, will give you way too big diameter difference.

Next best thing would be 265/35/18 if you can't get 255/35/18.
Since I can not get 255/35/18 in my country.... (I called Michelin directly)

From the available tires listed above....

Would it be better to just go to

235/45/18 front
265/40/18 back

???

Do you see any issues with a 2007 e92?
I'm ready to try non runflats...

I really appreciate your input.

N
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2013, 11:10 AM   #5
MonacoBlueE90
Colonel
MonacoBlueE90's Avatar
Finland
30
Rep
2,403
Posts

 
Drives: BMW E90 Pre-LCI
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgoa View Post
Since I can not get 255/35/18 in my country.... (I called Michelin directly)

From the available tires listed above....

Would it be better to just go to

235/45/18 front
265/40/18 back

???

Do you see any issues with a 2007 e92?
I'm ready to try non runflats...

I really appreciate your input.

N
Those have wrong height ratio. I wouldn't suggest to use those.
It messes up the speedo. Also it probably wont fit and would rub since those are some big sizes and Michelins are wide. Not to mention it will look funny.
Compared 235/45/18 to 225/40/18 your ride height would increase 0.6inch.
Compared 265/40/18 to 255/35/18 your ride height would increase 0.65inch.

Maybe you have to find some other brand.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2013, 01:23 PM   #6
FCobra94
Major
FCobra94's Avatar
16
Rep
1,411
Posts

 
Drives: '07 E90 335i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: MD

iTrader: (0)

Use the calculator at the top of the page...it doesn't get any easier than that.
__________________
'07 E90 335i - Automagic - Non-sport
Cobb AP|Alpina Flash|VRSF 7" FMIC|VRSF CP|TIAL BOV|cp-e DCI|Bilstein B6|E93 M3 FSB|SP Lowering Perches
Summer: Sonic Tuning ST100 - 18x8.5 ET35 - Conti DWS 245/40/18 - 10mm rear spacers
Winter: Style 159 - 17x8 ET34 - Michelin X-Ice Xi2 225/50/17 - 15mm rear spacers
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2013, 04:20 AM   #7
nickgoa
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
31
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cincinnati,OH USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCobra94 View Post
Use the calculator at the top of the page...it doesn't get any easier than that.
The calculator is definitely an awesome tool to see if the tire will fit.

the numbers it produces godsend to those that know how to interpet them.

I might have not been clear in my original post but I was trying to get user feedback that might have used a diff setup and can steer in me in the right direction. as to what would be the pros and cons going up or down or mismatched.... or simply some expert advise as I was honest saying I'm clueless.

MonacoClue I appreciate your feedback. Anyone else that would like to chime in and suggest a different setup or where to go from here...since super sports might just not be feasible are very welcome
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2013, 12:08 PM   #8
VMRWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
VMRWheels's Avatar
267
Rep
16,160
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoBlueE90 View Post
None of those match the 225/40/18 front, well except of course 225/40/18
All those tyres compared to front, will give you way too big diameter difference.

Next best thing would be 265/35/18 if you can't get 255/35/18.
+1

Shoot for a 265/35/18, OP. It's going to match the front in height.
__________________

VMR | Wheels - Mitch A. | p. 714-442-7916 extension 107 | e. Mitch@velocitymotoring.com | ** VMR Holiday Special! **
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST