E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Lower stomach fat loss



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-05-2013, 06:03 PM   #1
OmidHariri
Second Lieutenant
United_States
9
Rep
294
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: San Fernando Valley

iTrader: (0)

Lower stomach fat loss

Hey guys, ive been recently going to the gym for a month straight and my motivation has been my great gains in strength and overall look of my body. I even started gaining bigger biceps *I posted another topic recently that they did not grow, but now they are gaining mass* Overall my body is looking better and better but im having trouble with my lower belly fat. i.e my waist/hips and lower stomach. I understand running helps and a good diet and stuff. But my diet isnt bad its decent and I run every now and then but I want to know how to BURN the fat around my lower stomach. Any ideas, tips, or workout routines?

P.s I understand that if i just do crunches or certain workouts all im doing is building muscle under that fat and my stomach will just get bigger.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2013, 11:32 PM   #2
geneatals
Ninja
geneatals's Avatar
Philippines
44
Rep
3,206
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.5 E90 M3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: So Cal (SFV)

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmidHariri View Post
Hey guys, ive been recently going to the gym for a month straight and my motivation has been my great gains in strength and overall look of my body. I even started gaining bigger biceps *I posted another topic recently that they did not grow, but now they are gaining mass* Overall my body is looking better and better but im having trouble with my lower belly fat. i.e my waist/hips and lower stomach. I understand running helps and a good diet and stuff. But my diet isnt bad its decent and I run every now and then but I want to know how to BURN the fat around my lower stomach. Any ideas, tips, or workout routines?

P.s I understand that if i just do crunches or certain workouts all im doing is building muscle under that fat and my stomach will just get bigger.
that bolded part above is the problem...abs are made in the kitchen...period...clean/tighten up your diet...
__________________
2011.5 E90 M3 AW l Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL l Pics/Mods
Retired: 2008 535i l AW l Black Dakota Leather l Bamboo Anthracite l ZPP l ZSP l 6FL
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2013, 12:19 AM   #3
OmidHariri
Second Lieutenant
United_States
9
Rep
294
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: San Fernando Valley

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geneatals View Post
that bolded part above is the problem...abs are made in the kitchen...period...clean/tighten up your diet...
having a thinner waist does not only involve a better diet. I don't eat shitty food all day. I meant that most of my diet involves some kind of rice or bread because of my families diet, due to being persian. I avoid eating high sugar stuff because it makes me sick.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2013, 12:29 AM   #4
M3_WC
Colonel
29
Rep
2,242
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmidHariri View Post
having a thinner waist does not only involve a better diet. I don't eat shitty food all day. I meant that most of my diet involves some kind of rice or bread because of my families diet, due to being persian. I avoid eating high sugar stuff because it makes me sick.
Eliminate shitty food period. Strict and punishing ab workouts as well.

What is your diet like? Do you count calories, protein and complex carb intake?

You currently bulking or cutting?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2013, 01:28 AM   #5
OmidHariri
Second Lieutenant
United_States
9
Rep
294
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: San Fernando Valley

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
Eliminate shitty food period. Strict and punishing ab workouts as well.

What is your diet like? Do you count calories, protein and complex carb intake?

You currently bulking or cutting?
Been taking low carb low sugar protein and i take it after my workout because my daily diet involves alot of meat. Personally i dont feel full from any meal without a decent amount of meat. I dont count my calories because i dont eat so much in summer that i need to count it. And i try to avoid an unnecessary amount of carbs from bread and rice.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2013, 01:39 AM   #6
Rukuss
Major
Rukuss's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
1,331
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Portland

iTrader: (-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmidHariri View Post
having a thinner waist does not only involve a better diet. I don't eat shitty food all day. I meant that most of my diet involves some kind of rice or bread because of my families diet, due to being persian. I avoid eating high sugar stuff because it makes me sick.
The rice and bread are they white? And how much do you consume daily? Core exercises+Exellent diet+Cardio= ripped abs
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2013, 02:25 AM   #7
Gamma6
New Member
0
Rep
18
Posts

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmidHariri View Post
Been taking low carb low sugar protein and i take it after my workout because my daily diet involves alot of meat. Personally i dont feel full from any meal without a decent amount of meat. I dont count my calories because i dont eat so much in summer that i need to count it. And i try to avoid an unnecessary amount of carbs from bread and rice.
Maybe you should consider counting. Iifym.com is a great tool. Not all meats are "healthy", red meats have fat, white meat have less or seafood. Sure meat might mean protien but perhaps that meat will contain fats that possibly may put you over your calorie intake level especially with all the carbs. The lower stomach is the hardest to lose. I personally am having the same problem. Key thing is diet. I am no trianer but if your diet isnt great thats not good, youre losing half the battle. Especially wothout cardio. A great balance between fats, carbs and protien is key.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #8
954Stealth
Brigadier General
954Stealth's Avatar
United_States
185
Rep
3,086
Posts

 
Drives: A Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bacon Raton, FL

iTrader: (1)

I agree that counting is a good idea. People typically underestimate their caloric intake. It's a good idea even if you don't always count calories to start so you know where you need to go to reach you goal.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
You know you're getting bacon, when you're cooking bacon.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2013, 06:41 PM   #9
SJ00
Major
SJ00's Avatar
Australia
23
Rep
1,279
Posts

 
Drives: F30
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gold Coast

iTrader: (0)

i just cut down on my late night junk intake (icecream at 12 midnight)

i would never do stuff like calorie calculations etc, id rather eat normal food and exercise more..
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2013, 08:40 PM   #10
1LRM3
Captain
1LRM3's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
604
Posts

 
Drives: LRP M3 E92
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: CT<-->SC

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [4.00]
complex carbs (with fiber and less sugar) much better than simple carbs.....

diet and cardio
__________________
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. What happens in Miami never happened!

EPIC MOTORSPORTS
AutoCouture Motoring
Custom Auto Designs Paint Protection Films
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2013, 09:15 PM   #11
p-streets
M3NTAL
United_States
3
Rep
298
Posts

 
Drives: 09 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: LAND OF THE LOST TEXAS

iTrader: (1)

Intermitting fasting. Goggle it if your up to it you will lose fat like crazy. My buddy is doing it and he swears by it and I have noticed he is losing fat. I haven't done it so can't give any idea about it but from what I see it works.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2013, 09:30 PM   #12
Gamma6
New Member
0
Rep
18
Posts

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbmwuser View Post
i just cut down on my late night junk intake (icecream at 12 midnight)

i would never do stuff like calorie calculations etc, id rather eat normal food and exercise more..
Thas the beauty of counting. Eating normal food in moderation. Flexible dieting. But if what you are doing works then stick to it.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 01:46 AM   #13
geneatals
Ninja
geneatals's Avatar
Philippines
44
Rep
3,206
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.5 E90 M3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: So Cal (SFV)

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmidHariri View Post
having a thinner waist does not only involve a better diet. I don't eat shitty food all day. I meant that most of my diet involves some kind of rice or bread because of my families diet, due to being persian. I avoid eating high sugar stuff because it makes me sick.
yeah...I can see where this is going from that bolded first statement...I'll bow out then before you get even more defensive and aggro...ask any competitor on how to get your abs popping and they'll tell you the same...diet...

like anything else...bodies are made in the kitchen and sculpted in the gym...good luck with your regime...

</exitthread
__________________
2011.5 E90 M3 AW l Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL l Pics/Mods
Retired: 2008 535i l AW l Black Dakota Leather l Bamboo Anthracite l ZPP l ZSP l 6FL
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 02:10 AM   #14
stormzusmc
Second Lieutenant
stormzusmc's Avatar
2
Rep
214
Posts

 
Drives: 08 135i Sedona Red
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minneapolis, MN

iTrader: (1)

Consult this thread....http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=583862

but seriously....know your caloric intake for the day, hydrate, avoid sugar, be active, lift...research.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 02:31 AM   #15
Louder
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
31
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 135i M-sport
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Berkeley Ca

iTrader: (0)

As other stated, eating right is important. Additionally, running hills/trails, I find my abs get tighter and reduce my extra fat with intensive trail running.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 09:27 AM   #16
954Stealth
Brigadier General
954Stealth's Avatar
United_States
185
Rep
3,086
Posts

 
Drives: A Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bacon Raton, FL

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmidHariri View Post
Hey guys, ive been recently going to the gym for a month straight and my motivation has been my great gains in strength and overall look of my body. I even started gaining bigger biceps *I posted another topic recently that they did not grow, but now they are gaining mass* Overall my body is looking better and better but im having trouble with my lower belly fat. i.e my waist/hips and lower stomach. I understand running helps and a good diet and stuff. But my diet isnt bad its decent and I run every now and then but I want to know how to BURN the fat around my lower stomach. Any ideas, tips, or workout routines?

P.s I understand that if i just do crunches or certain workouts all im doing is building muscle under that fat and my stomach will just get bigger.
It needs to be said every time the bolded part comes up, at the risk of sounding repetitive. You can't spot reduce. You can't pick and choose where your body will burn fat from next. Fix your diet. Keep exercising and a few months from now come back to this thread with an update. Assuming you fix your diet as everyone here is recommending, you should see progress in your lower stomach area and other fat deposit areas too. Even though, spot reduction is impossible, your problem area is typical for men and is one of the last places we burn fat. Just keep at it. And fix your diet
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
You know you're getting bacon, when you're cooking bacon.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 10:35 AM   #17
RandomHero
Private First Class
United_States
4
Rep
137
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i e92
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Austin,tx

iTrader: (0)

Eat whatever in the the hell you want, just maintain a caloric deficit (burn more calories than you consume).

No one has ever failed at losing weight and maintained a caloric deficit.

1.) Eat shitty and maintain a caloric deficit- low body fat, low muscle
2.) Eat healthy and maintain a caloric deficit- low body fat, most muscle retention
3.) Eat healthy, maintain a caloric deficit, and lift heavy weights- low body fat, maximum muscle retention.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 12:50 AM   #18
OmidHariri
Second Lieutenant
United_States
9
Rep
294
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: San Fernando Valley

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for all the replies guys, I'm gonna try to watch my diet more and do more core exercises more often.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 04:26 PM   #19
RandomHero
Private First Class
United_States
4
Rep
137
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i e92
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Austin,tx

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmidHariri View Post
Thanks for all the replies guys, I'm gonna try to watch my diet more and do more core exercises more often.
Sounds like you completely missed the point of our advice....core exercises alone won't help you lose fat.

To be completely honest, your thought process is partially the reason why you have this problem in the first place.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 11:25 PM   #20
F1Venom
Captain
23
Rep
894
Posts

 
Drives: ZCP E90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

I'm having the same problems as OP. I did nutrisystem but going to the gym on a ~900 calorie/day diet sucks. I've been on it for two weeks and have lost 8 lbs. (Currently 203 at 6'). I've been looking into intermittent Fasting and will give it a try. Sounds interesting but I'm against skipping breakfast and this diet entails eating ONLY between 11 am and 7 pm.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 12:12 AM   #21
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
Colt's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,215
Posts

 
Drives: 08 135i 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geneatals View Post
that bolded part above is the problem...abs are made in the kitchen...period...clean/tighten up your diet...
well said

Grill chicken breasts, broccoli, asparagus, steak; take shakes, vitamins, etc

www.bodybuilding.com - has a lot of information there
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate4641 View Post
looks like unicorn vomit.
For Sale: 08 135i SR 6MT, PTF Tuned
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 12:28 AM   #22
geneatals
Ninja
geneatals's Avatar
Philippines
44
Rep
3,206
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.5 E90 M3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: So Cal (SFV)

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
I'm having the same problems as OP. I did nutrisystem but going to the gym on a ~900 calorie/day diet sucks. I've been on it for two weeks and have lost 8 lbs. (Currently 203 at 6'). I've been looking into intermittent Fasting and will give it a try. Sounds interesting but I'm against skipping breakfast and this diet entails eating ONLY between 11 am and 7 pm.

not a good idea, by fasting you'd be depriving your body of nutrients needed, so you're body will go into a "storage" rather than burn mode. Whatever weight you drop during your fast you're sure to put back on once you're off the fast...

again...change your diet/eating habits....it sounds simple but it's not....

try this free app for your smartphone..might help track your daily intake..

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps

I haven't used it personally but have a few friends and patients that have with good success...
__________________
2011.5 E90 M3 AW l Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL l Pics/Mods
Retired: 2008 535i l AW l Black Dakota Leather l Bamboo Anthracite l ZPP l ZSP l 6FL
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST