E90Post

GT Haus

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Problem with OEM rims

07-08-2013, 10:16 AM   #1
dpw198
Private

Drives: 2011 335i xDrive

Problem with OEM rims

I recently noticed several bumps on 3 out of 4 of my OEM rims that came with my car when I purchased it new. I have about 12k km on the rims and have them stored in my garage in the winters.

So I took it to Budds as I live in Oakville and after 3 visits, they pretty much told me there is nothing they can do as based on their "expert" opinion, the rims had been refinished. I told them I did not refinish the rims and I had purchased the car brand new in 2011. They then alluded that perhaps the other dealer had refinished them prior to me taking delivery of the car which is total nonsense. I would think a dealer would have much more to lose if they were caught doing something like this and word gets out. Anyways, I now have a appointment with the dealer I bought the car from this week, but it is half way across the GTA and both the sales manager and the salesman I dealt with are no longer with the dealer.

All I am hoping for is that they will acknowledge the issue and put a note on the file so if the paint ever flakes off or if corrosion sets in, they will repair the problem.

I have attached a picture of the worst of the bumps. The paint is not broken even though it looks like it in the picture.

What would cause something like this? A manufacturers defect? I've never seen anything like this on my other BMW OEM rims before.

Thanks in advance.

Dan
Attached Images

dpw198 is offline   Canada
      07-08-2013, 10:50 AM   #2
redfox
Virgin

Drives: 2015 YMB M4

Refinishing happens without you knowing. This happens often. Cars get damaged during transit, despite best efforts not to damage them. Unfortunately, there is nothing much you can do other than going after the dealership that you bought it from.

There are instances that the body panels get refinished too. Hence, it still makes sense to do a quick check even when buying a brand new car.
redfox is offline   Canada
      07-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #3
bobblehead
Brigadier General

Drives: warp speed

You can take up the issue but I really doubt the dealer or BMW Canada will do anything for you now, esp when a couple of years have passed.

I had a similar issue (like yours but with something even more worse) and both dealer & BMW Canada refused to do anything. It was a strange one on mine. Something was protruding from the inside the wheel and pushed up onto the surface on the wheel itself (like a very tiny bump). BMW Canada said it was my fault but I told them the wheel & tire came straight from the factory. Lost case and dealer said nothing can be done but the dealer deemed the wheel safe.
bobblehead is offline   Canada