E90Post
 


Evolve Automotive
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Angel eye coding question



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-07-2013, 03:19 AM   #1
e46m3to335i
Captain
 
Drives: 2010 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Schofield Barracks Hawaii

Posts: 798
iTrader: (22)

Question Angel eye coding question

I recently had my angel eyes coded to increase the brightness. My question is, if I were to install a set of BMS arc angel eye bulbs would the coding make them brighter than they are when they are on an un coded car? Or would the increased brightness from the coding have a ill effect on the aftermarket AE bulbs.

The coding definitely made the stock AE's brighter but I'm looking for something just a little whiter.

http://burgertuning.com/BMW_Angel_Eyes_H8_Bulbs.html

Thanks in advance!

-Nick
__________________
2011 Sterling Grey GT500 / Stripe Delete / SVTPP / 13' Heated Recaros / Electronics Package
e46m3to335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-07-2013, 08:48 AM   #2
BMW..
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E46 M3 /E90
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Boca Raton FL

Posts: 547
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46m3to335i
I recently had my angel eyes coded to increase the brightness. My question is, if I were to install a set of BMS arc angel eye bulbs would the coding make them brighter than they are when they are on an un coded car? Or would the increased brightness from the coding have a ill effect on the aftermarket AE bulbs.

The coding definitely made the stock AE's brighter but I'm looking for something just a little whiter.

http://burgertuning.com/BMW_Angel_Eyes_H8_Bulbs.html

Thanks in advance!

-Nick
No affect because Leds convert the power down because not much is needed
__________________
Mystic Blue E90
Phoenix Yellow E46
BMW.. is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-07-2013, 01:54 PM   #3
e46m3to335i
Captain
 
Drives: 2010 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Schofield Barracks Hawaii

Posts: 798
iTrader: (22)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW.. View Post
No affect because Leds convert the power down because not much is needed
They BMS Arc AE's aren't LED's though, they are still halogen just more of a white color.
__________________
2011 Sterling Grey GT500 / Stripe Delete / SVTPP / 13' Heated Recaros / Electronics Package
e46m3to335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-07-2013, 10:05 PM   #4
ConradConrad
Private First Class
 
Drives: '08 TiAg 335i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: s.fla

Posts: 124
iTrader: (1)

Are you frm2 or frm3? I read frm3 is easy to do, frm2 is not easy but can be done and not as big of a brightness increase. Looking for the same answers myself
ConradConrad is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-07-2013, 10:58 PM   #5
e46m3to335i
Captain
 
Drives: 2010 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Schofield Barracks Hawaii

Posts: 798
iTrader: (22)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConradConrad View Post
Are you frm2 or frm3? I read frm3 is easy to do, frm2 is not easy but can be done and not as big of a brightness increase. Looking for the same answers myself
Ummmmmm. Not a clue which frm I am, lol. I paid a guy to remote code my car. I am no where near the level to coding my own stuff yet.

Nick
__________________
2011 Sterling Grey GT500 / Stripe Delete / SVTPP / 13' Heated Recaros / Electronics Package
e46m3to335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2013, 05:10 AM   #6
pweber
Banned
 
pweber's Avatar
 
Drives: M57 330D
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Heilbronn

Posts: 258
iTrader: (0)

Of course you have FRM3
pweber is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      07-09-2013, 01:29 AM   #7
e46m3to335i
Captain
 
Drives: 2010 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Schofield Barracks Hawaii

Posts: 798
iTrader: (22)

So does anyone know if the BMS non LED AE's would be brighter on a coded car compared to their stock brightness on a non coded car?

-Nick
__________________
2011 Sterling Grey GT500 / Stripe Delete / SVTPP / 13' Heated Recaros / Electronics Package
e46m3to335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-12-2013, 12:11 PM   #8
e46m3to335i
Captain
 
Drives: 2010 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Schofield Barracks Hawaii

Posts: 798
iTrader: (22)

Guess I'm just gonna have to buy a set and try it. Pretty surprised no coders have the answer to this.

-Nick
__________________
2011 Sterling Grey GT500 / Stripe Delete / SVTPP / 13' Heated Recaros / Electronics Package
e46m3to335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST