E90Post

PYSPEED

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > [Video Guide] Full BMW Coding Setup

07-10-2013, 09:50 PM   #45
BMW..
Lieutenant

Drives: E46 M3 /E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS-NA.E92 View Post
I got a question, do you always read off of CAS first? because I read off FRM first then FRM again to code my LCI Taillights. Everything is great but just wondering if were supposed to only read from CAS all the time first since there's only 3 choices in the beginning CAS, FRM, and NFRM.
Nope you can pick any. CAS is best because the module is always on though
      07-10-2013, 10:08 PM   #46
Delusive
Major

Drives: Static E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW.. View Post
Nope you can pick any. CAS is best because the module is always on though
So there's no difference in coding either CAS, FRM, NFRM? if not then good thing I saved my stock files for my FRM, i'll just replace it with the stock then recode everything from CAS module from now on.

Thanks again for the help BMW.
      07-10-2013, 11:45 PM   #47
jc_bmw
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2009 BMW 328i E90

Ran REGVR32.BAT and still seem to be stuck in the loading of ECU profiles for Tool32
jc_bmw is offline   Canada
      07-11-2013, 12:33 AM   #48
BMW..
Lieutenant

Quote:
So there's no difference in coding either CAS, FRM, NFRM? if not then good thing I saved my stock files for my FRM, i'll just replace it with the stock then recode everything from CAS module from now on.

Thanks again for the help BMW.
You dont need to save any backups. I lol everytime i read "backing up" a module. its such a waste of time IMO. Just recode in expertmode if you want to go back to default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc_bmw View Post
Ran REGVR32.BAT and still seem to be stuck in the loading of ECU profiles for Tool32
Run as administrator?
      07-11-2013, 02:02 AM   #49
Delusive
Major

Quote:
You dont need to save any backups. I lol everytime i read "backing up" a module. its such a waste of time IMO. Just recode in expertmode if you want to go back to default
Wait what? i'm confused, how do you do that? sorry for these questions it's cuz i'm still a noob to this coding BMW's.

So I pick expertmode profile then what?
      07-11-2013, 02:50 AM   #50
BMW..
Lieutenant

Quote:
Wait what? i'm confused, how do you do that? sorry for these questions it's cuz i'm still a noob to this coding BMW's.

So I pick expertmode profile then what?
After reading a module with expertmode loaded just change the job to sg_codieren and then execute job without changing the trc or man file. It will reset the selected module to default
      07-11-2013, 02:56 AM   #51
Delusive
Major

Quote:
After reading a module with expertmode loaded just change the job to sg_codieren and then execute job without changing the trc or man file. It will reset the selected module to default
Oh wow, I didn't know that.. thanks for the info, i'll go try that tomorrow
      07-11-2013, 06:51 AM   #52
jc_bmw
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2009 BMW 328i E90

Quote:
Run as administrator?

Weird somehow it just worked this morning.

Thanks!
jc_bmw is offline   Canada
      07-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #53
hongsc
Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

Finally got it installed. INPA is missing chassis info. Both are ON and black finally. Using BMW Coding Tool, how do you save changes? I created MAN file loaded it. Tried a search for verhalten_drl changed h to s and it did not save. Silly question I know. Thanks again for the guide.
      07-11-2013, 08:50 PM   #54
BMW..
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongsc
Finally got it installed. INPA is missing chassis info. Both are ON and black finally. Using BMW Coding Tool, how do you save changes? I created MAN file loaded it. Tried a search for verhalten_drl changed h to s and it did not save. Silly question I know. Thanks again for the guide.
Don't use BmwCT use ncsdumy! It's much easier
      07-11-2013, 11:56 PM   #55
hongsc
Lieutenant

Quote:
Thanks I tried NCSDummy like you suggested and I get Baureihe error from the TRC. I believe this is a mismatch. Also if I get that fixed, how I do I code in it? Do I export and open the file in Notepad? I get 2 versions of FRM2 and FRM3. I tried in NCSExpert and thought I did it right but again my DRL are still using my high beams. I changed the line to verhalten_drl_tfl_3r drl_s in the MAN file and it should have been coded correctly since I received no error. To test I set it to no lights and I thought the angel eyes flickered. But that's about it. Does it take some time to take effect or is it right away?
      07-12-2013, 12:38 AM   #56
acidbbg
Enlisted Member

Drives: 335i vert

This is a great video...I recently purchased the cable and started downloading the software. Plan on using this video to setup my laptop!
      07-12-2013, 01:17 AM   #57
BMW..
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongsc
Quote:
Thanks I tried NCSDummy like you suggested and I get Baureihe error from the TRC. I believe this is a mismatch. Also if I get that fixed, how I do I code in it? Do I export and open the file in Notepad? I get 2 versions of FRM2 and FRM3. I tried in NCSExpert and thought I did it right but again my DRL are still using my high beams. I changed the line to verhalten_drl_tfl_3r drl_s in the MAN file and it should have been coded correctly since I received no error. To test I set it to no lights and I thought the angel eyes flickered. But that's about it. Does it take some time to take effect or is it right away?
Should be right away. With ncsdummy make sure the frm2.cxx file matches up with the one that shows up in ncsexpert after you read the module under codierten-lessen
      07-12-2013, 02:37 AM   #58
hongsc
Lieutenant

This is strange. I was able to find 2 spots which had Verhalten_DRL_TFL DRL_h and changed h to s. I thought that was it. The car reset so I know the code took effect but no go. It's still running off the high beams. I have a 2011 E90. Any clues? Do I need to change code in other locations? Thanks.
      07-12-2013, 03:07 PM   #59
buster84
Captain

Drives: 2009 335i E93 & 2007 X5 4.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongsc View Post
This is strange. I was able to find 2 spots which had Verhalten_DRL_TFL DRL_h and changed h to s. I thought that was it. The car reset so I know the code took effect but no go. It's still running off the high beams. I have a 2011 E90. Any clues? Do I need to change code in other locations? Thanks.
I'm having a similar problem. Op can you help.

I was following this video on basic coding and was able to read the trc file; however, after copying that file and making it a .man file I edited the man file with the sample in the video and coded it back to the car.

After that I opened the door and it didnt work. I then checked re-read the ecu and the trc file was the same as before. It didnt write the man file. So then i edited the TRC file and wrote it. Again didnt work. I then re-read it and the trc file was back to the un-edited version again.

btw, im doing this all in the expert mode profile you provided.

I'm lost on what file needs to be edited. Whats wrong? If its supposed to write the man file why is it not doing that? Is there a way to load the man file for writing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=6UZa2j5Q2OQ

btw this video is great for helping someone with no experience make a test code with your video. Although they might have the same issue im having.

Last edited by buster84; 07-12-2013 at 03:27 PM.
buster84 is offline   United_States
      07-12-2013, 03:52 PM   #60
buster84
Captain

Ok i think i figured it out. I was in the expert file the man file seems to be the one i need to use.
      07-12-2013, 07:32 PM   #61
hongsc
Lieutenant

Yes you have to use the MAN file. But it's still didn't do anything for me. I'm going to try to code something else and see what happens.
      07-12-2013, 08:06 PM   #62
buster84
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongsc View Post
Yes you have to use the MAN file. But it's still didn't do anything for me. I'm going to try to code something else and see what happens.
What you need to do is pick your module then read click read ecu. Then it saves it as a TRC file, then you load up your .man file and copy the contents from the TRC file to the man file.

When i read the ecu and get the initial trc file i just rename that to the module that i got it from that way i'll have a backup of it before i messed with it. Once you edited the Man file to your liking you select SG_CODIEREN and then click execute. If you forget to select SG_COIEREN it wont write to it.

Just remember that every-time you read a new module you need to copy it to the man file from the new trc file that was created. You dont want to write the wrong file to the wrong model.

I figured it out by following that video i posted about and starting at step 38 on this guide helped me through it.

http://rapidshare.com/files/429875523/NCS_DIY.pdf

BTW op, you should add this to your front post.

I bought this cable on amazon and it worked perfectly. I use amazon all the time for their prime shipping so its a good deal for anyone looking to get the cable fast.

Just make sure you buy it from top100, hes the person i got mine from.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
      07-13-2013, 03:48 AM   #63
hongsc
Lieutenant

Thanks got it to work finally. I actually missed a step. Forgot to pick and read the ECU. Went straight to the MAN file and started to make changes. Now on to more coding.
      07-13-2013, 04:20 AM   #64
thaking
Private First Class

Drives: E90 FL

Which tool I need for this (where to buy it)=?

Can I disable Video in Motion (E90 LCI models) to play videos when driving...?
      07-13-2013, 08:32 AM   #65
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: Bimmerscoding.com

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaking View Post
Which tool I need for this (where to buy it)=?

Can I disable Video in Motion (E90 LCI models) to play videos when driving...?
Yes you can enable DVD in motion. Its a little more complicated then basic coding. Search other forums on how to do DVD in motion.
cn555ic is offline   United_States
      07-13-2013, 02:35 PM   #66
acidbbg
Enlisted Member

Drives: 335i vert

Need a little assistance.

I installed files per the video.
All is working as it should on my x64 bit system.

The issue I am having is INPA is blank (does not list the chassis numbers).
I loaded files from an early version of INPA into the CFGDAT folder.

Now i have the start page with all of the chassis.
Most of the menu's are in English but the data that gets read is in German.
*I attached a screenshot.

BTW, i have MSD80 incase that matters.

Any advice?
Attached Images

Last edited by acidbbg; 07-13-2013 at 05:04 PM.