Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

  E90Post
 


TireRack

   PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Did the measurements, still need help on what size spacer?



Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

Wheel offset calculator courtesy of BimmerPost.com. You may use this calculator to calculate what tire sizes you might need if you upgrade your tires, or what wheel sizes/offsets are compatible with your car.
    Current Wheel Width  inches             Current Wheel Offset  mm.
         New Wheel Width  inches                  New Wheel Offset  mm.
 
TIRE WIDTH
/
ASPECT RATIO
- WHEEL DIAMETER
ORIGINAL TIRES
/
NEW TIRES
/
Based on your stock wheel setup, your new wheel will have:
Original Tires Diameter (in.)
      New Tires Diameter (in.)
  Difference in diameter (in.)
           Percent Difference %
                     
Speedo @60mph will read: mph
Collapse/Expand the BimmerPost Wheel and Tire calculator
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-12-2013, 06:13 AM   #1
QuikSilvr
E90-Fanatic
 
QuikSilvr's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 BMW 330i
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: SOCAL

Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Did the measurements, still need help on what size spacer?

So I have a 2006 330i E90 and had the 18x8 ET34 (F) and 18x8.5 ET37 (R) Sport Wheels Style 162. Now I have 18x8 ET47 (F) and 18x8.5 ET50 (R) M Sport Wheels Style 135. Now I know that the offsets are different and I did the hole ruler trick to figure out my spacer size. My main question is in order for me to get as close to a flush look as possible I need to run between 20MM to 25MM spacer in front and a 25MM to 30MM spacer in the rear. What is a good and safe size to run without rubbing? Thank you in advance for all your help.
QuikSilvr is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-12-2013, 08:45 AM   #2
MonacoBlueE90
Colonel
 
MonacoBlueE90's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E90 Pre-LCI
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Europe

Posts: 2,078
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSilvr View Post
So I have a 2006 330i E90 and had the 18x8 ET34 (F) and 18x8.5 ET37 (R) Sport Wheels Style 162. Now I have 18x8 ET47 (F) and 18x8.5 ET50 (R) M Sport Wheels Style 135. Now I know that the offsets are different and I did the hole ruler trick to figure out my spacer size. My main question is in order for me to get as close to a flush look as possible I need to run between 20MM to 25MM spacer in front and a 25MM to 30MM spacer in the rear. What is a good and safe size to run without rubbing? Thank you in advance for all your help.
What is your tyre size and are you lowered?

Here is my winter setup with 17x8 et20 front and 17x8 et10 rear with 225/45/17 lowered with HR springs, no rubbing.
http://i.imgur.com/YIA3CSE.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/bbnsdi4.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mDTg3AD.jpg

So if you want something like that you would need 27mm front and 34mm
rear spacer. Your measurements are pretty much correct for both front and rear.You just need to choose which one you want.
__________________
MonacoBlueE90 is offline   Finland
0
Reply With Quote
      07-12-2013, 09:35 AM   #3
QuikSilvr
E90-Fanatic
 
QuikSilvr's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 BMW 330i
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: SOCAL

Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoBlueE90 View Post
What is your tyre size and are you lowered?

Here is my winter setup with 17x8 et20 front and 17x8 et10 rear with 225/45/17 lowered with HR springs, no rubbing.
http://i.imgur.com/YIA3CSE.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/bbnsdi4.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mDTg3AD.jpg

So if you want something like that you would need 27mm front and 34mm
rear spacer. Your measurements are pretty much correct for both front and rear.You just need to choose which one you want.
That is pretty much exactly what I am looking for. And aside from the sport suspension no I am not lowered. I am currently running 255/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's ZP's all they way around. But what I want to run is 245/35/18 in the front and 265/35/18 in the rear, just not sure of the tire brand yet. Thank you for your input.
QuikSilvr is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-12-2013, 09:42 AM   #4
MonacoBlueE90
Colonel
 
MonacoBlueE90's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E90 Pre-LCI
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Europe

Posts: 2,078
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSilvr View Post
That is pretty much exactly what I am looking for. And aside from the sport suspension no I am not lowered. I am currently running 255/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's ZP's all they way around. But what I want to run is 245/35/18 in the front and 265/35/18 in the rear, just not sure of the tire brand yet. Thank you for your input.
Then you might need to choose the smaller spacers, because you are going with wider tyres.
__________________
MonacoBlueE90 is offline   Finland
0
Reply With Quote
      07-12-2013, 09:45 AM   #5
QuikSilvr
E90-Fanatic
 
QuikSilvr's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 BMW 330i
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: SOCAL

Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoBlueE90 View Post
Then you might need to choose the smaller spacers, because you are going with wider tyres.
So go with something like a 20mm in front and 25mm in the rear?
QuikSilvr is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-12-2013, 09:51 AM   #6
MonacoBlueE90
Colonel
 
MonacoBlueE90's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E90 Pre-LCI
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Europe

Posts: 2,078
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSilvr View Post
So go with something like a 20mm in front and 25mm in the rear?
That's probably the best starting point. Maybe try 30mm spacer to rear.
__________________
MonacoBlueE90 is offline   Finland
0
Reply With Quote
      07-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #7
Denny347
Lieutenant
 
Drives: SGM 2006 330i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Posts: 516
iTrader: (0)

With my car lowered on my 162's I spaced the rears out with a 20mm spacer and the front with a 12mm spacer. I still have maybe 3-5mm gap left in the rear and probably 3mm in the front. Pre-LCI's have a lot of room.
Denny347 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #8
QuikSilvr
E90-Fanatic
 
QuikSilvr's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 BMW 330i
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: SOCAL

Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoBlueE90
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSilvr View Post
So go with something like a 20mm in front and 25mm in the rear?
That's probably the best starting point. Maybe try 30mm spacer to rear.
Okay sounds good, thanks for the help and tips.
__________________

AFTER 9:30 PERFORMANCE
Instagram = @quiksilvr85
Twitter = @eric_dymek
QuikSilvr is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-12-2013, 11:24 AM   #9
QuikSilvr
E90-Fanatic
 
QuikSilvr's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 BMW 330i
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: SOCAL

Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny347
With my car lowered on my 162's I spaced the rears out with a 20mm spacer and the front with a 12mm spacer. I still have maybe 3-5mm gap left in the rear and probably 3mm in the front. Pre-LCI's have a lot of room.
Well with what I measured and the fact that you have the OEM style wheels and offset on there, I should be able put a pretty decent sized spacer on the car. So I'm going to look into we 25mm spacer for the rear and 20mm for the front unless I can either borrow a set or get a good deal on some thicker spacers.
__________________

AFTER 9:30 PERFORMANCE
Instagram = @quiksilvr85
Twitter = @eric_dymek
QuikSilvr is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #10
VMRWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
VMRWheels's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Anaheim, CA

Posts: 12,636
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 5 Series  [3.30]
OP - I think 20/25mm spacers should be good in your case.
__________________
VMRWheels is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-12-2013, 01:39 PM   #11
QuikSilvr
E90-Fanatic
 
QuikSilvr's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 BMW 330i
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: SOCAL

Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMRWheels
OP - I think 20/25mm spacers should be good in your case.
Thanks, that's kind of what I was leaving towards, just wanted to get add much info as I could before I followed through with it. Now just need to get some good spacers that won't break the bank.
__________________

AFTER 9:30 PERFORMANCE
Instagram = @quiksilvr85
Twitter = @eric_dymek
QuikSilvr is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-12-2013, 04:07 PM   #12
Denny347
Lieutenant
 
Drives: SGM 2006 330i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Posts: 516
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSilvr View Post
Thanks, that's kind of what I was leaving towards, just wanted to get add much info as I could before I followed through with it. Now just need to get some good spacers that won't break the bank.
H&R might be one of the only companies that make 25mm spacers for our cars.
Denny347 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-12-2013, 07:40 PM   #13
Denny347
Lieutenant
 
Drives: SGM 2006 330i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Posts: 516
iTrader: (0)

25mm spacers

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=848716

Last edited by Denny347; 07-12-2013 at 08:04 PM.
Denny347 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-13-2013, 02:21 AM   #14
QuikSilvr
E90-Fanatic
 
QuikSilvr's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 BMW 330i
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: SOCAL

Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny347 View Post
H&R might be one of the only companies that make 25mm spacers for our cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny347 View Post
I have actually found a set through a friend...however its 4 spacers, but they are all 20mm. I don't think it would look right with 20mm spacers on all four corners because of the offsets!?
QuikSilvr is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2013, 11:26 PM   #15
QuikSilvr
E90-Fanatic
 
QuikSilvr's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 BMW 330i
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: SOCAL

Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
So just to finish up, I got 15mm spacers in front and 20mm spacers in the rear and I like it. Try to get some pictures later.
__________________

AFTER 9:30 PERFORMANCE
Instagram = @quiksilvr85
Twitter = @eric_dymek
QuikSilvr is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2013, 12:05 AM   #16
MonacoBlueE90
Colonel
 
MonacoBlueE90's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E90 Pre-LCI
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Europe

Posts: 2,078
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSilvr View Post
So just to finish up, I got 15mm spacers in front and 20mm spacers in the rear and I like it. Try to get some pictures later.
I like that you decided sum it up. Its nice to know how it went.
__________________
MonacoBlueE90 is offline   Finland
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:09 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST