E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Central locking no longer working via nkey fob

06-04-2012, 09:42 AM   #23
raddersmanu

Drives: 335d se auto

diversity amplifier

Just looked at the diversity module and it looks totaly dry and clean so Iam beginning to think it may not be this now, but what else could it be ? The central locking works from the dash switch and the emergency key, I only have one remote so can not check it with spare, any suggestions gratefully received.
      06-10-2013, 07:26 AM   #24
ljw350
Enlisted Member

Drives: 330d wanted

sorry to bring up such an old topic, but my key fob stopped working, was fine one day then not the next. Tried the spare and still no luck.

Checked the module under the rear spoiler and it looks in very good condition with not water damage or marks at all.

Only thing i can think of is was dropping kids off and 3 all pulling at different doors whilst looked and i pushed the unlock button on dash now the remotes seems to have stopped.

thanks lee
      07-18-2013, 08:12 PM   #25
punnzzells

Drives: E30 M3, E91 Wagon

Send a message via MSN to punnzzells Send a message via Yahoo to punnzzells Send a message via Skype™ to punnzzells
Lee....

did you check your Key Fob's battery? If yours is like my E91, it's a rechargeable one... you can open up the fob with an x-acto knife and a small screw driver...patiently... if you have a tester, you can test the battery before you replace it...

mine had to be de soldered.

I just had this issue and replaced the battery, but no luck... I will check this diversity amplifier to see if this is the case... been going to the touch-less car wash too much maybe?
punnzzells is offline   Canada
      07-19-2013, 07:47 AM   #26
BMWdriver85
Enlisted Member

Drives: 2007 BMW E90

I had this issue last week - had new Panasonic rechargeable battery fitted in keyfob, made no difference.

Purchased another antenna amplifier off ebay for 28 and all is fine again.

Make sure you go for an amplifier with as similar manufacture code as poss to the original

In the saloon the antenna amplifier is located internally in the back seats in the ceiling where the trim is different.

In the estates I think it is more exteriorly located at the rear of car and slightly more difficult to get to
BMWdriver85 is offline   United Kingdom
      07-19-2013, 08:35 AM   #27
ljw350
Enlisted Member

Drives: 330d wanted

i have the E91 and its under the rear spoiler. easy to get at, i have been reluctant to replace as the only E91's ones are 130 on ebay and mine looks in very good condition with no water damage.
      07-19-2013, 11:05 AM   #28
Tipper
Private First Class

Drives: 2007 E91 320d SE auto

My central locking failure was due to the underrated fuse blowing. The fix may be as simple as a new fuse. Upgrade it too as BMW do this very fix. Fit 20A I think.
      07-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #29
BMWdriver85
Enlisted Member

Drives: 2007 BMW E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipper View Post
My central locking failure was due to the underrated fuse blowing. The fix may be as simple as a new fuse. Upgrade it too as BMW do this very fix. Fit 20A I think.
wouldn't a blown fuse also affect the manual key central locking?

I checked my fuses (which are a pain to get to) and they were fine, I wasn't expecting probs with fuse since the key within the fob still activated the central locking. Maybe this is the same for the op.

My problem was with the antenna receiving unit within the car, this would appear to be a fairly common problem.

I note that the e91 antenna looks slightly different (different positions for the screws) compared to the e90, it seems strange that quite a few ebay sellers are selling the e90 version and claiming it is compatible with e91 ??
BMWdriver85 is offline   United Kingdom
      12-14-2013, 11:26 AM   #30
punnzzells

Drives: E30 M3, E91 Wagon

Send a message via MSN to punnzzells Send a message via Yahoo to punnzzells Send a message via Skype™ to punnzzells
Does anyone have the OEM part # for this ?
punnzzells is offline   Canada
      12-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #31
muffking
Regular user

Drives: E91 320D SE

Garage List
There's a few different types depending on your options. There's one for an e91 on ebay at the moment if you want a closer look though.

Pre LCI facelifted with LCI M-Sport kit, twin pipes & full M-Sport leather.
DIY - http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=485898
muffking is offline   United Kingdom