E90Post

Evolve Automotive

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > My BMW dealer is screwing me

07-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #23
Delta0311
Brigadier General

Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92

BS!! I had my car on H&R Touring cup kit and I never had anyone at BMW say anything about it when I brought my car in. You should ask him wtf does your supsension have to do with a software upgrade?
      07-20-2013, 11:37 AM   #24
BsantosE335i
Private First Class

Drives: '11 E90 335i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Discuss your issue with BMWNA after reviewing your CPO warranty to make sure you have a foot on which to stand. Assuming you haven't voided all aspects of your CPO coverage by "slamming" the car, there is seemingly no reason, on the face of things, for you to have to go tot a dealer other than the one that is most convenient to you, but the Devil hides in the details.

If, and upon, receiving validation from BMWNA that you are still entitled to complimentary service from the dealership, if you want to start posting negative reviews on the WWW, fine, do so. I will offer, however, that it's unlikely that doing so will yield what you want.

In the dealer's defense, and only because right now I suspect all the facts aren't in, if they don't have folks who feel capable and safe working on your car, do you really want them to work on it? It's possible that they are offering you a level of professional integrity and being honest with you by sharing that they don't feel comfortable working on your car. I know that's a stretch, but make sure you know the full nature of their refusal before you run off dissing them. If you start making negative posts and they reply to them saying that they didn't have this or that ability to work on your car and that was the reason for their refusal, they will appear more honest and trustworthy to the general public and you will have bolstered their position and reputation rather than diminished them.

Good luck and all the best.
I agree with this! But what really gets me was that I was in simply for a software upgrade and nothing more. Alignment I could understand since it was "slammed". I even offered to just pay for the software update and they refused to do any work on my vehicle.
      07-20-2013, 12:52 PM   #25
tony20009
Brigadier General

Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BsantosE335i View Post
I agree with this! But what really gets me was that I was in simply for a software upgrade and nothing more. Alignment I could understand since it was "slammed". I even offered to just pay for the software update and they refused to do any work on my vehicle.
The nature of your servicing need and the dealer's corresponding refusal to accommodate you is baffling, not only due to the unrelated aspect of your need and the "slam," but also because the dealer's main source of income is from providing service. Your service request, particularly if it's under warranty, for a software update is essentially free money for 15 minutes of work if one considers the time of every person there that had to "touch" your service request. That a tech might initiate the software update and do something else while it's happening engenders only more surprise.

(Note: I assume BMW designs it's software updates somewhat more efficiently than Microsoft does for consumers and that therefore there aren't a swarm of intermittent pop-up dialogs to which the installer must respond.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
tony20009 is offline   United_States
      07-20-2013, 01:22 PM   #26
black335i
Lieutenant

Drives: 335i

call bmw na
      07-20-2013, 04:01 PM   #27
TeinBMW
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2011 335xi Msport, Conv, Tech

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [3.50]
Join the club man. My dealer lied to me saying my dme rom was up to date. Ummmmi plugged my cobb in and I'm still on the old old rom. I have to wait now 2 weeks to take it in to another dealer.

I hate when dealer lies!!!
      07-21-2013, 08:05 AM   #28
BsantosE335i
Private First Class

Drives: '11 E90 335i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeinBMW View Post
Join the club man. My dealer lied to me saying my dme rom was up to date. Ummmmi plugged my cobb in and I'm still on the old old rom. I have to wait now 2 weeks to take it in to another dealer.

I hate when dealer lies!!!
And you gotta pay for the software upgrade unfortunately!
      07-21-2013, 09:49 AM   #29
TeinBMW
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2011 335xi Msport, Conv, Tech

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [3.50]
I'm under warranty still.