E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > BMW 330D Servicing



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-06-2007, 07:51 PM   #1
Ek_1986
Ehs_1986
 
Ek_1986's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335d
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Yorkshire, England

Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)

BMW 330D Servicing

Hi, my 330d is due for service on inspection 1 and i was wondering if anyone know any good car garages near North Yorkshire or up Middlesbrough way??
I've been told not to take it to an official BMW garage because they will most likely overcharge for the service.

Can anyone help me out please!
Ek_1986 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-06-2007, 08:10 PM   #2
bigpapapablo
Private First Class
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NY

Posts: 152
iTrader: (1)

um free maintenance?
bigpapapablo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-06-2007, 09:45 PM   #3
Senres
Private
 
Drives: '12 135i convertible
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chapel Hill, NC

Posts: 73
iTrader: (0)

The free maintenance package, I believe, only comes standard in the US (maybe Canada too?). In the UK and Europe I think it costs extra, and since he drives a 330d he is definitely not in North America. Therefore his question is probably valid
__________________
2012 E88 135i (Alpine White/Savannah Beige)
2007 E90 328i (Jet Black/Black)
Senres is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-07-2007, 04:06 AM   #4
Ek_1986
Ehs_1986
 
Ek_1986's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335d
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Yorkshire, England

Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)

Servicing 330D

Sorry guys i meant getting my car done serviced under the inspection 1 in the BMW handbook. I live in between York and Middlesbrough and just wondered if anyone could recommend any good car garages.....
Ek_1986 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-07-2007, 09:23 AM   #5
REB330D
BMW Nut!
 
REB330D's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 330D M Sport (2005)
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Yorkshire, UK

Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ek_1986 View Post
Sorry guys i meant getting my car done serviced under the inspection 1 in the BMW handbook. I live in between York and Middlesbrough and just wondered if anyone could recommend any good car garages.....
Hi, You will probably be better asking in the UK section of E90Post. Look in here.

I take it that your car is no longer under warranty since you do not wish to use a recognised dealer?
__________________


REB

E90 330D M Sport - Le Mans Blue, Pro Nav, BT & VR, Grey Leather, Power Seats, Blacklines.
REB330D is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      09-07-2007, 12:01 PM   #6
Ek_1986
Ehs_1986
 
Ek_1986's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335d
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Yorkshire, England

Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)

Yeah it has just come out of warranty now and i know how BMW charge and arm and a leg. Thanks for letting me know where to post the question
Ek_1986 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-07-2007, 12:43 PM   #7
E92Fan
Moderator
 
E92Fan's Avatar
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: .

Posts: 5,492
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ek_1986 View Post
Yeah it has just come out of warranty now and i know how BMW charge and arm and a leg. Thanks for letting me know where to post the question

In case you will consider in the future trading your current car in for a new one, or an approved used one at a dealer, you'd be better off keeping the car serviced at a BMW dealer. Phone around the dealers for Inspection 1 prices - you might be more than a little suprised at the cost. I remember having an Inspection 1 done on my old E46 330i Cab, at Sytner City, and they charged me 161 all in. When I came to trade my car in for my E92, the dealer told me it was a good thing I had a full BMW service history, as otherwise they wouldn't be able to take it in and sell it on under the Approved Used banner, as all Approved cars have to have full BMWSH. He would still have taken the car, and sold it on in the trade, but he would have given me 1000 LESS than what he offered for a full-history car.
E92Fan is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-07-2007, 12:52 PM   #8
- Paul -
Major General
 
- Paul -'s Avatar
 
Drives: see above.
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Yorkshire, UK

Posts: 7,273
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [5.00]
2005 645  [4.50]
Try these :-

Hammerton Cars 01423 330033

A59
Green Hammerton
York YO26 8EQ

Pretty sure they are approved BMW service - not used them but have friends who do.



Servicing

HAMMERTON SPECIALIST SERVICING - 01423 331170

Hammerton Cars have also invested heavily in a PURPOSE BUILT WORKSHOP FOR THE SPECIALIST ON-SITE SERVICING OF BMW, MERCEDES-BENZ, VW AND AUDI CARS. The facility has now been running successfully for 6 years.

The company has rapidly grown investing heavily in new tooling and technology, including the latest Bosch diagnostic equipment. This has lead to the company being officially approved by Bosch, an honour not readily given out by the German manufacturer. Hammerton Specialist Services are very proud of this achievement and are looking to make the most of their Bosch approved status to benefit their growing list of very satisfied customers. Air conditioning servicing is also available using the latest Hella equipment.

The company believe that they can supply this excellent service without the high costs often associated with main dealerships, whilst still maintaining standards to main dealership levels and protecting the residual values of their customer`s vehicles.

Hammerton Specialist Services can charge AS LITTLE AS HALF that main dealers are charging and can supply manufacturer approved parts when requested. FREE COURTESY CARS are provided and each customer`s car is WASHED AND INTERIOR VALETED BEFORE IT IS RETURNED. On visiting the workshop, customers are invariably met by the technician that will be working on their vehicle, enabling a discussion of the customers requirements providing a personal touch so often absent in main dealerships.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.hammertoncars.co.uk/14932/hammerton.htm
__________________
- Paul - is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2007, 05:36 PM   #9
Ek_1986
Ehs_1986
 
Ek_1986's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335d
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Yorkshire, England

Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stnewcar View Post
Try these :-

Hammerton Cars 01423 330033

A59
Green Hammerton
York YO26 8EQ

Pretty sure they are approved BMW service - not used them but have friends who do.



Servicing

HAMMERTON SPECIALIST SERVICING - 01423 331170

Hammerton Cars have also invested heavily in a PURPOSE BUILT WORKSHOP FOR THE SPECIALIST ON-SITE SERVICING OF BMW, MERCEDES-BENZ, VW AND AUDI CARS. The facility has now been running successfully for 6 years.

The company has rapidly grown investing heavily in new tooling and technology, including the latest Bosch diagnostic equipment. This has lead to the company being officially approved by Bosch, an honour not readily given out by the German manufacturer. Hammerton Specialist Services are very proud of this achievement and are looking to make the most of their Bosch approved status to benefit their growing list of very satisfied customers. Air conditioning servicing is also available using the latest Hella equipment.

The company believe that they can supply this excellent service without the high costs often associated with main dealerships, whilst still maintaining standards to main dealership levels and protecting the residual values of their customer`s vehicles.

Hammerton Specialist Services can charge AS LITTLE AS HALF that main dealers are charging and can supply manufacturer approved parts when requested. FREE COURTESY CARS are provided and each customer`s car is WASHED AND INTERIOR VALETED BEFORE IT IS RETURNED. On visiting the workshop, customers are invariably met by the technician that will be working on their vehicle, enabling a discussion of the customers requirements providing a personal touch so often absent in main dealerships.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.hammertoncars.co.uk/14932/hammerton.htm
Cheers Thanks very much for advice.. Its been really helpfull!
Ek_1986 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST