E90Post
 


GT Haus
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > All COBB Tuning AccessPORT Flash for N54 335i Discussion Here



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-22-2013, 07:29 PM   #8075
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
 
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08AWD335 View Post
Just installed stage 1 aggressive. Apparently I had a tune on my car from the previous owner but overwrote it. Install went well, only took about 20 minutes.

Drives ok, have misfires on cyl4 when i really get on it. Otherwise can definitely feel a difference. Gonna baby it tomorrow and change the plugs on Saturday. Hopefully that fixes the misfire.
Update?

I would have swapped coils first. Unless your spark plugs were due anyways.
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
VNeBLOB42 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-23-2013, 01:09 AM   #8076
jaykayelemenohpee
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Arrowhead

Posts: 248
iTrader: (0)

Finally got around to logging and of course as I go out I throw a boost leak code. The first I've had but it may explain why I don't feel st2+ kicking my ass like I thought it would, unless somethings just horribly wrong with my data log. If you guys could take a peek at it and let me know what you think I'd appreciate it. I cant seem to get the excel spread sheet to work on my mac.

90F in phoenix AZ. St 2+ with VRSF DP, VRSF IC, BMC DCI, modified exhaust on 91 octane.
Attached Files
File Type: zip JayKayDataLog.zip (8.1 KB, 27 views)
jaykayelemenohpee is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-23-2013, 10:32 PM   #8077
rondocap
Lieutenant
 
rondocap's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NY/NJ

Posts: 599
iTrader: (1)

I just had some issues you guys may be able to help me with.

So today I got new spark plugs on my 2008 335i at BMW, and of course uninstalled the Cobb before I went in.

Afterwards I put the Cobb back on, aggressive stage 1 on 93. (I only have a K and N filter, rest of the car is stock)

So today was fairly hot and humid here, even at night around 80.

As soon as I installed it and drove away in D, partial throttle, I heard a whistle that was louder than I had heard before, even while having Cobb installed. It went away.

I did a few runs, and when the car was pretty hot, i.e over 250 degrees oil temp by a line, I noticed some strange things.

First, when going WOT through 3rd and 4th gear, generally from 60mph to 80mph or so, I got a really strange vibration from the back of the car. This would only happen while WOT and while the car was really warmed up and hot. After it cooled down a bit, it would not happen.

Is this normal? Is it the extra torque? Spark plugs are new so I'm not sure what could be happening. No codes at all came up with the reader. I could not duplicate this with just PPK. Seems like only Cobb made it happen.

And the car definitely sounded really heat soaked too, at this point.
rondocap is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2013, 08:19 AM   #8078
clemsonkev
OOOO another former Audi B5 S4 owner OOOO
 
Drives: 335i MT - Cobb - Bren Tuned
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Grafton MA

Posts: 142
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Yahoo to clemsonkev
Quote:
Originally Posted by rondocap View Post
I just had some issues you guys may be able to help me with.

So today I got new spark plugs on my 2008 335i at BMW, and of course uninstalled the Cobb before I went in.

Afterwards I put the Cobb back on, aggressive stage 1 on 93. (I only have a K and N filter, rest of the car is stock)

So today was fairly hot and humid here, even at night around 80.

As soon as I installed it and drove away in D, partial throttle, I heard a whistle that was louder than I had heard before, even while having Cobb installed. It went away.

I did a few runs, and when the car was pretty hot, i.e over 250 degrees oil temp by a line, I noticed some strange things.

First, when going WOT through 3rd and 4th gear, generally from 60mph to 80mph or so, I got a really strange vibration from the back of the car. This would only happen while WOT and while the car was really warmed up and hot. After it cooled down a bit, it would not happen.

Is this normal? Is it the extra torque? Spark plugs are new so I'm not sure what could be happening. No codes at all came up with the reader. I could not duplicate this with just PPK. Seems like only Cobb made it happen.

And the car definitely sounded really heat soaked too, at this point.
I recently got new spark plugs and BOV's under CPO. Had the same rattle/vibration under hard acceleration after reinstalling my Cobb. Took back to my tuner, he took it for a drive with his laptop, he made some tweaks, and all is fine now. Didn't have to go back on the dyno and didn't get charged by my tuner. (Bren FTW!)
clemsonkev is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2013, 07:45 PM   #8079
135Pats
Saving for a big ass turbo or an A3...IDK which.
 
135Pats's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland

Posts: 5,262
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykayelemenohpee View Post
Finally got around to logging and of course as I go out I throw a boost leak code. The first I've had but it may explain why I don't feel st2+ kicking my ass like I thought it would, unless somethings just horribly wrong with my data log. If you guys could take a peek at it and let me know what you think I'd appreciate it. I cant seem to get the excel spread sheet to work on my mac.

90F in phoenix AZ. St 2+ with VRSF DP, VRSF IC, BMC DCI, modified exhaust on 91 octane.
There's a big timing pull going on, and some significant cylinder corrections. Along with the boost leak. You need to back off the timing, get more octane, or you could have a hardware issue.

Edit: 91 oct. No good.
__________________
E88 FBO N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Meisterschaft Race/Berk Resonated/Macht Schnell 3"/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/FFTEC LPFP/HFS-4 DO Stainless Lines/BMS DCI/BMS Thermostat Delete/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/BMS OCC/PTF E50/ST Coilovers/M3 Front Control Arms + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/Macht Schnell Studs/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
135Pats is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2013, 10:07 PM   #8080
jaykayelemenohpee
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Arrowhead

Posts: 248
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
There's a big timing pull going on, and some significant cylinder corrections. Along with the boost leak. You need to back off the timing, get more octane, or you could have a hardware issue.

Edit: 91 oct. No good.
Thank you, I appreciate the feedback. I'm on ACN 91 so even worse than just 91. I don't notice any significant improvement in performance when adding 3 gallons of e85 but maybe my logs look better.

In terms of hardware what would cause a timing pull? I just added a DCI so I decreased any restriction on the intake side and I'm running DPs for the exhaust side. Plugs are only about 10k old.

From what I understand peak boost is similar between stage 1 and stage 2 but timing is the big difference. Its almost as if I should just run the stage 1+ map until I can figure all this out. I'll add some e85 and get some logs. I appreciate your help.
jaykayelemenohpee is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2013, 10:12 PM   #8081
135Pats
Saving for a big ass turbo or an A3...IDK which.
 
135Pats's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland

Posts: 5,262
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykayelemenohpee View Post
Thank you, I appreciate the feedback. I'm on ACN 91 so even worse than just 91. I don't notice any significant improvement in performance when adding 3 gallons of e85 but maybe my logs look better.

In terms of hardware what would cause a timing pull? I just added a DCI so I decreased any restriction on the intake side and I'm running DPs for the exhaust side. Plugs are only about 10k old.

From what I understand peak boost is similar between stage 1 and stage 2 but timing is the big difference. Its almost as if I should just run the stage 1+ map until I can figure all this out. I'll add some e85 and get some logs. I appreciate your help.
Add a few gallons of E85 and take some more logs, it does wonders to clean up corrections. If there are still issues, then we can start to troubleshoot hardware. With sufficient octane, an N54 should have no issue running any of Cobb's OTS maps, they're all fairly conservative timing wise.
__________________
E88 FBO N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Meisterschaft Race/Berk Resonated/Macht Schnell 3"/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/FFTEC LPFP/HFS-4 DO Stainless Lines/BMS DCI/BMS Thermostat Delete/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/BMS OCC/PTF E50/ST Coilovers/M3 Front Control Arms + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/Macht Schnell Studs/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
135Pats is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2013, 10:25 PM   #8082
jaykayelemenohpee
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Arrowhead

Posts: 248
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
Add a few gallons of E85 and take some more logs, it does wonders to clean up corrections. If there are still issues, then we can start to troubleshoot hardware. With sufficient octane, an N54 should have no issue running any of Cobb's OTS maps, they're all fairly conservative timing wise.
What a day! My dog has eaten my AP. I left it on the table a couple nights ago and the dog got a hold of it at some point. One of the pins is missing so no go on logging tonight. I just contacted cobb and am working on getting a new AP. So I'll be back with some e85 logs once I get this all straightened out.
jaykayelemenohpee is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2013, 04:33 PM   #8083
AWD Addict
Chief Executive
 
AWD Addict's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335xi 6spd Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Boston

Posts: 2,464
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykayelemenohpee View Post
Finally got around to logging and of course as I go out I throw a boost leak code. The first I've had but it may explain why I don't feel st2+ kicking my ass like I thought it would, unless somethings just horribly wrong with my data log. If you guys could take a peek at it and let me know what you think I'd appreciate it. I cant seem to get the excel spread sheet to work on my mac.

90F in phoenix AZ. St 2+ with VRSF DP, VRSF IC, BMC DCI, modified exhaust on 91 octane.
I just had my first boost leak code too. Odd.
AWD Addict is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2013, 06:24 PM   #8084
jaykayelemenohpee
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Arrowhead

Posts: 248
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD Addict View Post
I just had my first boost leak code too. Odd.
Yeah I'm really unsure of what it is. I pulled off the undertray and checked the IC hoses because that seems to be the first to fail. I only got the code once but I am not meeting target boost so I'm sure something somewhere is leaking. Maybe DVs or boost solenoids or maybe I knocked a vacuum hose off somewhere when installing my DCI. Who knows. I'm dropping it off at the shop in the AM to have them take a leak because I'm in the process of moving and all my tools are at my new place.
jaykayelemenohpee is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2013, 11:05 AM   #8085
Morpeh
New Member
 
Morpeh's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E92
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Edmonton

Posts: 17
iTrader: (0)

I need a help guys! I have 2009 335i, DCI, Cobb stage 1 sport. Every 2-3 days I'm getting an error codes P1447 and P2B3D. Both codes come at the same time. Car is still under warranty.
My questions are:

1. Error codes meaning? I did a search for P2B3D and got "0" results.
2. Should I leave error codes, uninstall cobb and go to the dealership?

Thank you for any help.
Morpeh is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2013, 12:28 PM   #8086
sickem
Freude am fahren
 
sickem's Avatar
 
Drives: in the fast lane
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: People's Republic of New Jersey

Posts: 1,940
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpeh View Post
I need a help guys! I have 2009 335i, DCI, Cobb stage 1 sport. Every 2-3 days I'm getting an error codes P1447 and P2B3D. Both codes come at the same time. Car is still under warranty.
My questions are:

1. Error codes meaning? I did a search for P2B3D and got "0" results.
2. Should I leave error codes, uninstall cobb and go to the dealership?

Thank you for any help.
just did a google search, found this for the first one:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=551543
__________________
Cobb E40 PROtune by Jake@PTF/RR catless DPs/aFe DCI/ETS 5" FMIC/ER CP/Forge DVs/Alpina B3 TCU flash/BMW Perf. Exhaust./BMW Performance Style 313s/M-Tech Rear
sickem is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2013, 01:20 PM   #8087
Morpeh
New Member
 
Morpeh's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E92
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Edmonton

Posts: 17
iTrader: (0)

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickem View Post
just did a google search, found this for the first one:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=551543
I saw that thread before but my problem is combination of both codes.
Morpeh is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2013, 03:08 PM   #8088
sickem
Freude am fahren
 
sickem's Avatar
 
Drives: in the fast lane
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: People's Republic of New Jersey

Posts: 1,940
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpeh View Post
I saw that thread before but my problem is combination of both codes.
Ok but a code is a code. It still means the same thing! I thought themyst had this dtml issue at one point...
__________________
Cobb E40 PROtune by Jake@PTF/RR catless DPs/aFe DCI/ETS 5" FMIC/ER CP/Forge DVs/Alpina B3 TCU flash/BMW Perf. Exhaust./BMW Performance Style 313s/M-Tech Rear
sickem is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2013, 03:53 PM   #8089
Morpeh
New Member
 
Morpeh's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E92
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Edmonton

Posts: 17
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickem View Post
Ok but a code is a code. It still means the same thing! I thought themyst had this dtml issue at one point...
True but don't you think that one code might trigger another code to appear or fixing one problem might fix another?
Morpeh is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2013, 04:41 PM   #8090
sickem
Freude am fahren
 
sickem's Avatar
 
Drives: in the fast lane
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: People's Republic of New Jersey

Posts: 1,940
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpeh View Post
True but don't you think that one code might trigger another code to appear or fixing one problem might fix another?
Yes it's likely they're related, but without knowing what the other code means its hard to say
__________________
Cobb E40 PROtune by Jake@PTF/RR catless DPs/aFe DCI/ETS 5" FMIC/ER CP/Forge DVs/Alpina B3 TCU flash/BMW Perf. Exhaust./BMW Performance Style 313s/M-Tech Rear
sickem is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2013, 09:23 PM   #8091
themyst
Major General
 
themyst's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i LCI
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NYC

Posts: 6,599
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to themyst
DMTL pump costs $100, I believe it should be covered under the emissions warranty.
__________________
E90 LCI N54 6AT
themyst is offline   South Korea
0
Reply With Quote
      07-28-2013, 02:50 PM   #8092
nikitino25
Lieutenant
 
nikitino25's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Missouri

Posts: 500
iTrader: (1)

How to read codes

Sorry for the dumb question but how do you read and reset codes? Does the AP start checking for codes as soon as you plug it in and then list all the codes? After you fix whatever the code was for, how do you reset the code so it goes away? I didn't really see anything on the cobb site but maybe was looking in the wrong place.....
nikitino25 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-28-2013, 02:52 PM   #8093
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
 
MidwestGolfBum's Avatar
 
Drives: Space Grey E92s
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: No Coast

Posts: 254
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitino25
Sorry for the dumb question but how do you read and reset codes? Does the AP start checking for codes as soon as you plug it in and then list all the codes? After you fix whatever the code was for, how do you reset the code so it goes away? I didn't really see anything on the cobb site but maybe was looking in the wrong place.....
Plug in Cobb -> troubleshooting -> read codes/reset codes
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
I can never have cross dressing fun nothing ever fits!
MidwestGolfBum is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2013, 10:14 PM   #8094
steedsta
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2008 E90 335i Alpine/Black 6sp
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: United States

Posts: 43
iTrader: (0)

Ok so i have a 08 335i, Turbo back exhaust. I been running stage 2 sport with new spark plugs and its running great.. I just put in 98 octane and ran it for about 50 miles.
whats the difference between.
Stage 1 Agressive VS stage 2 sport
and
Stage 1 Agressive VS Stage 2 Agressive, im hesitant to run stage 2 agressive even tho Cobb clearly says all Stage 2 agressive needs is 93 octain and a downpipe
steedsta is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-31-2013, 10:15 AM   #8095
Morpeh
New Member
 
Morpeh's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E92
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Edmonton

Posts: 17
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpeh View Post
I need a help guys! I have 2009 335i, DCI, Cobb stage 1 sport. Every 2-3 days I'm getting an error codes P1447 and P2B3D. Both codes come at the same time. Car is still under warranty.
My questions are:

1. Error codes meaning? I did a search for P2B3D and got "0" results.
2. Should I leave error codes, uninstall cobb and go to the dealership?

Thank you for any help.
Could someone please answer my second question?

Thank you
Morpeh is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-31-2013, 10:20 AM   #8096
timtech
Lieutenant
 
timtech's Avatar
 
Drives: 335
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Over there

Posts: 506
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpeh View Post
Could someone please answer my second question?

Thank you
If you uninstall, it will clear all your codes. If you still get the codes with the tune removed, I would then take it to the dealer.
timtech is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
135i cobb, 335i cobb, 535i cobb, accessport n54, bmw cobb, bmw cobb tuning, cobb 135i, cobb 335i, cobb 535i, cobb ap, cobb bmw, cobb n54, cobb tuning bmw, cobb tuning n54, cobb tuning n55, flash n54, flash n55, n54 accessport, n54 cobb, n54 cobb tuning, n54 flash, n54 flash tune, n55 cobb, n55 flash, n55 flash tune

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST