E90Post
 


jb4store
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > * The Official: San Diego Chat Thread (#4) *



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-15-2013, 03:42 PM   #1123
Jeef
Captain
United_States
8

 
Drives: AW E92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Diego, CA


Posts: 888
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF Rick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef View Post
Sounds good ill say Ricky sent me haha
Haha yeah man, she will definitely hook you up. Unfortunately I had to pay $875 for my turbos to be replaced beacuse apparently there wasn't enough warranty time due to my mods. I couldn't see how much harder it'd be for the technician to work around my mods considering it's just basic bolt-ons. Either way though, $875 is still an awesome deal for brand new turbos and a complimentary car wash, lol. I'd call her first though if you're planning to get a loaner car. Good luck!
What you mean not enough warranty time? Are you over 80k? Also I took the car to esco before and they changed my o2 sensors with my Ar dps
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 06:11 PM   #1124
USAF Rick
Private First Class
United_States
3

 
USAF Rick's Avatar
 
Drives: Montego Blue 08 335i e92
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: San Diego/Riverside, CA


Posts: 164
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef View Post
What you mean not enough warranty time? Are you over 80k? Also I took the car to esco before and they changed my o2 sensors with my Ar dps
Natasha's explanation was that, due to all of my mods, it's taking the technician an extra 5 hours to do the job. So they wanted another form of payment since BMW will not pay for those extra 5 hours of work. I don't know if I should believe it, but yeah, $875 down the drain. Or another way to look at it is, it only cost me $875 for brand new turbos plus install!
__________________

FBO
Instagram: RickyyyyyH
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 11:05 AM   #1125
QuikSilvr
E90-Fanatic
United_States
0

 
QuikSilvr's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 BMW 330i
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: SOCAL


Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
meet up with a couple guys from phantom performance lay night at the Dick's Meet in Escondido. seem like some great guys, going to try to check out there shop either today or tomorrow.
__________________

AFTER 9:30 PERFORMANCE
Instagram = @quiksilvr85
Twitter = @eric_dymek
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #1126
USAF Rick
Private First Class
United_States
3

 
USAF Rick's Avatar
 
Drives: Montego Blue 08 335i e92
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: San Diego/Riverside, CA


Posts: 164
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSilvr View Post
meet up with a couple guys from phantom performance lay night at the Dick's Meet in Escondido. seem like some great guys, going to try to check out there shop either today or tomorrow.
What are you planning to do with your car?
__________________

FBO
Instagram: RickyyyyyH
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 12:40 PM   #1127
QuikSilvr
E90-Fanatic
United_States
0

 
QuikSilvr's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 BMW 330i
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: SOCAL


Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF Rick View Post
What are you planning to do with your car?
Nothing to major, just want to make her look and sound good, possibly some tuning plus what ever need to get fixed. This is mainly my daily, so I dont want to go to extreme just yet.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 12:43 PM   #1128
Kasé Zomé
Captain
10

 
Kasé Zomé's Avatar
 
Drives: faster than my demons can fly
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SoCal


Posts: 787
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 E90 M3  [4.50]
Aloha folks! I've picked up an E36 M3 and am selling my E90 M3. Reason for sale is that the wife isn't happy I'm spending as much on events and tires as I have been and gave me the option to cut down on driving events and keep the E90 or get a more affordable car and keep having fun. I'd rather be driving! So here are the specs:

Year: 2011
Model: E90 M3 ZCP (Competition Package)
Transmission: 3 Pedal 6MT FTW!!
Mileage: 40,700
Options: EVERY package and option except moonroof and park distance
Color: Alpine White / EXTENDED Silver Novillo / Carbon Leather
CLEAN TITLE AND CARFAX

Aftermarket add ons:

Very rare fitment of Volk Racing TE37SLs: 18x10.5 ET20 Square
Dunlop Direzza ZII (the new ones) 275x35x18 Square
Vorshlag Adjustable Camber Plates
OEM Muffler Mod (I also have a stock muffler I'll throw in)
OEM Carbon Front Splitters
OEM F10 M5 Weighted LED Shift Knob (I'll throw in the OEM too)
White LED Angel Eyes
Matte Black Kidney Grills (I'll throw in the OEM ones too)
Replica Carbon Performance Rear Spoiler (I'll throw in the OEM too)
Active Autowerkes Green Air Filter (drop in)
OEM Melbourne Red Mirror Caps (I'll throw in the Alpine White ones too)
OEM Melbourne Red hood vent surrounds (you'll get the white ones too)
Full LED interior lighting kit
OEM Front Brake Rotors and Pads just done by and the rears will be ready before the warranty expires.

And pretty much anything that can be coded has been coded including Euro MDM, Brake Force Display, and DVD-In-Motion!

I think that's about it!

Asking price as is: $52K OBO.









__________________
1998 M3/4/5
2011 E90 6MT ZCP Slicktop (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 05:59 PM   #1129
Jeef
Captain
United_States
8

 
Drives: AW E92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Diego, CA


Posts: 888
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF Rick View Post
Natasha's explanation was that, due to all of my mods, it's taking the technician an extra 5 hours to do the job. So they wanted another form of payment since BMW will not pay for those extra 5 hours of work. I don't know if I should believe it, but yeah, $875 down the drain. Or another way to look at it is, it only cost me $875 for brand new turbos plus install!
Ah I see okay. Cool thanks! If they try to pull something like that I will tell them that my DP's don't add 5 hours of extra cost Shouldn't be paying a penny for something covered
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 07:34 PM   #1130
zubin75
Enlisted Member
0

 
Drives: 2011 335i PPK MSport Alpine Wh
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SoCal, US


Posts: 35
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasé Zomé View Post
Aloha folks! I've picked up an E36 M3 and am selling my E90 M3. Reason for sale is that the wife isn't happy I'm spending as much on events and tires as I have been and gave me the option to cut down on driving events and keep the E90 or get a more affordable car and keep having fun. I'd rather be driving! So here are the specs:

Year: 2011
Model: E90 M3 ZCP (Competition Package)
Transmission: 3 Pedal 6MT FTW!!
Mileage: 40,700
Options: EVERY package and option except moonroof and park distance
Color: Alpine White / EXTENDED Silver Novillo / Carbon Leather
CLEAN TITLE AND CARFAX

Aftermarket add ons:

Very rare fitment of Volk Racing TE37SLs: 18x10.5 ET20 Square
Dunlop Direzza ZII (the new ones) 275x35x18 Square
Vorshlag Adjustable Camber Plates
OEM Muffler Mod (I also have a stock muffler I'll throw in)
OEM Carbon Front Splitters
OEM F10 M5 Weighted LED Shift Knob (I'll throw in the OEM too)
White LED Angel Eyes
Matte Black Kidney Grills (I'll throw in the OEM ones too)
Replica Carbon Performance Rear Spoiler (I'll throw in the OEM too)
Active Autowerkes Green Air Filter (drop in)
OEM Melbourne Red Mirror Caps (I'll throw in the Alpine White ones too)
OEM Melbourne Red hood vent surrounds (you'll get the white ones too)
Full LED interior lighting kit
OEM Front Brake Rotors and Pads just done by and the rears will be ready before the warranty expires.

And pretty much anything that can be coded has been coded including Euro MDM, Brake Force Display, and DVD-In-Motion!

I think that's about it!

Asking price as is: $52K OBO.









GLWS. Man. I want this car so bad. I might have to sell my 2011 E90 335......
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 12:22 PM   #1131
RollinOnDeez
Private
0

 
Drives: Graphite on Coral
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: SD


Posts: 60
iTrader: (1)

Any reccomendations for a shop to swap springs on 08 e92? Need to put stock springs back on and change struts. I am in PB.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #1132
smares21
Banned
2

 
Drives: Hooptie
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern California


Posts: 226
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollinOnDeez View Post
Any reccomendations for a shop to swap springs on 08 e92? Need to put stock springs back on and change struts. I am in PB.

Thanks
Rocky's Miatamotive is in PB. Rocky is a great guy. He hates BMW's, but he'll do it for you and he'll do it fairly. Tell him Matt from LappingForLeukemia sent you.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 09:24 AM   #1133
USAF Rick
Private First Class
United_States
3

 
USAF Rick's Avatar
 
Drives: Montego Blue 08 335i e92
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: San Diego/Riverside, CA


Posts: 164
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smares21 View Post
Rocky's Miatamotive is in PB. Rocky is a great guy. He hates BMW's, but he'll do it for you and he'll do it fairly. Tell him Matt from LappingForLeukemia sent you.
Lol! "He hates BMWs."
__________________

FBO
Instagram: RickyyyyyH
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 04:34 PM   #1134
o98eclipse
Lieutenant
10

 
Drives: 13 E93 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Diego


Posts: 403
iTrader: (1)

KW V2 For Sale

Hey Guys,

I have a set of KW V2'S for sale, thanks!


http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...8#post14367298
__________________
2013 E93 M3 6MT
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 08:13 AM   #1135
smares21
Banned
2

 
Drives: Hooptie
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern California


Posts: 226
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF Rick View Post
Lol! "He hates BMWs."
Think about it. He works on Miatas all day. Possibly the easiest modern car in the world to work on. Makes perfect sense...

But, with that said, suspension work is easy.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 09:33 AM   #1136
USAF Rick
Private First Class
United_States
3

 
USAF Rick's Avatar
 
Drives: Montego Blue 08 335i e92
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: San Diego/Riverside, CA


Posts: 164
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smares21 View Post
Think about it. He works on Miatas all day. Possibly the easiest modern car in the world to work on. Makes perfect sense...

But, with that said, suspension work is easy.
Haha no I do agree with you though, I used to drive nothing but Nissans and yeah BMWs are much harder to work on. Well not necessarily harder but.. more complex..
__________________

FBO
Instagram: RickyyyyyH
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 02:00 PM   #1137
lukasbmw
Mr. Hustle
United_States
7

 
Drives: 2008 e92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Phoenix AZ & San Diego CA


Posts: 151
iTrader: (0)

Can anyone recommend just a basic shop for German auto repair? Girlfriend is selling her VW and looking to get into an A4. I'd like to have some basic shit taken care of on the Jetta before I sell it for her and of course I need to find a shop to service her (new to her) A4 2.0T.

I'm in La Jolla 92037. Anywhere within 20 minutes of here is cool.

Some of these shops have CRAZY labor rates. Any small shops or side mechanics that do work for $40-$60 an hour?
__________________

2008 335i COUPE
AA race intercooler/AA downpipes/ESS stage 2/BMS DCI
19" Vossen/M-tec front/shadowline/black grills/V1 radar
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 06:40 PM   #1138
Jeef
Captain
United_States
8

 
Drives: AW E92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Diego, CA


Posts: 888
iTrader: (1)

Anyone in SD want to buy a COBB?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2013, 11:56 AM   #1139
rjd598
Brigadier General
United_States
54

 
rjd598's Avatar
 
Drives: 10' M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego,CA


Posts: 4,620
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.50]
1999 BMW M3  [0.00]
Best place in sd to get rims powder coated? Want top quality work
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2013, 10:46 AM   #1140
smares21
Banned
2

 
Drives: Hooptie
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern California


Posts: 226
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
Best place in sd to get rims powder coated? Want top quality work
A to Z metal finishing. http://www.atozmetalfinishing.com/

Talk to Kent. He is a car/jeep guy and does TOP NOTCH coating.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2013, 10:50 AM   #1141
rjd598
Brigadier General
United_States
54

 
rjd598's Avatar
 
Drives: 10' M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego,CA


Posts: 4,620
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.50]
1999 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by smares21 View Post
A to Z metal finishing. http://www.atozmetalfinishing.com/

Talk to Kent. He is a car/jeep guy and does TOP NOTCH coating.
Thanks they look legit. Anyone else can confirm them or have any other suggestions
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 08:51 PM   #1142
lukasbmw
Mr. Hustle
United_States
7

 
Drives: 2008 e92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Phoenix AZ & San Diego CA


Posts: 151
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF Rick View Post
Natasha's explanation was that, due to all of my mods, it's taking the technician an extra 5 hours to do the job. So they wanted another form of payment since BMW will not pay for those extra 5 hours of work. I don't know if I should believe it, but yeah, $875 down the drain. Or another way to look at it is, it only cost me $875 for brand new turbos plus install!
Same thing just happened to me.

Car is a 2008 BMW 335i with 47k.

I just had both turbos replaced under BMW factory warranty.

Wow!

What a difference. I now have no lag and best of all, that waste-gate rattle is gone! I can actually now hear the turbo spool.
__________________

2008 335i COUPE
AA race intercooler/AA downpipes/ESS stage 2/BMS DCI
19" Vossen/M-tec front/shadowline/black grills/V1 radar
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 08:52 PM   #1143
Jeef
Captain
United_States
8

 
Drives: AW E92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Diego, CA


Posts: 888
iTrader: (1)

olympic coatings is pretty good!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 11:24 AM   #1144
USAF Rick
Private First Class
United_States
3

 
USAF Rick's Avatar
 
Drives: Montego Blue 08 335i e92
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: San Diego/Riverside, CA


Posts: 164
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasbmw View Post
Same thing just happened to me.

Car is a 2008 BMW 335i with 47k.

I just had both turbos replaced under BMW factory warranty.

Wow!

What a difference. I now have no lag and best of all, that waste-gate rattle is gone! I can actually now hear the turbo spool.
Hey! Just got your PM! Yeah, I think you pretty much nailed it. In a way I feel cheated, but at the time I felt as though I was in no position to argue since I was fully modded and they were going to do it anyways. I wonder if it would've been the same if I brought my car to Terry in South County BMW. $875 was a large chunk of money, but trying not to think about it much anymore haha.

But I do love the fact that I have no more wastegate rattle!
__________________

FBO
Instagram: RickyyyyyH
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST