E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Sacramento Area Bi-Monthly Euro Meet!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-25-2013, 01:24 AM   #265
Robbie_G
New Member
 
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sacramento, CA

Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Aiiforcebj, just wondering if I've seen you on base... What do you drive? I drive a black one debadged with mtech front and rear bumpers.

I'm still learning about Alpina flash... Sounds good as long as he does it for free hehehehe
And if it works with dinan
Robbie_G is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2013, 01:55 AM   #266
carlos916
Semper Fi
 
carlos916's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 328i / 05 R6
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sac Town

Posts: 405
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [2.50]
welcome guys hope to see u guys soon at an upcoming meet!
__________________
carlos916 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-25-2013, 07:51 AM   #267
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
 
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by harkirath View Post
Be very careful of Vince here. He will wholeheartedly encourage you to do mods, starting with the Alpina flash.
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
VNeBLOB42 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-27-2013, 07:30 PM   #268
Robbie_G
New Member
 
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sacramento, CA

Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
So, when is the next meet up?
Robbie_G is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-28-2013, 12:16 AM   #269
bplewis24
First Lieutenant
 
bplewis24's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Sacramento, CA

Posts: 308
iTrader: (1)

Looks like it won't be for two weeks since the next Wednesday is the 31st.
__________________
Brandon
bplewis24 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-28-2013, 07:37 PM   #270
Airforcebj
New Member
 
Drives: 2010 328i Convertible
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Lincoln, CA

Posts: 28
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstorm View Post
Aiiforcebj, just wondering if I've seen you on base... What do you drive? I drive a black one debadged with mtech front and rear bumpers.

I'm still learning about Alpina flash... Sounds good as long as he does it for free hehehehe
And if it works with dinan
Hey Bloodstorm,
Check out my signature for a picture of my ride. I just bought it a few weeks ago, so I don't know if you've seen it yet. But I may have seen yours around.
__________________
2010 328i Convertible--Space Grey w/Black Dakota--iDrive, Sirius, iPod, Bluetooth--Sport Springs--Premium Package--35% Window Tint--Comfort Access--Heated Seats
Airforcebj is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-28-2013, 11:47 PM   #271
carlos916
Semper Fi
 
carlos916's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 328i / 05 R6
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sac Town

Posts: 405
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [2.50]
Sup guys so the next meet will be Aug 7th.. !!
here is a pic from the last meet!
Attached Images
 
__________________
carlos916 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-29-2013, 09:36 AM   #272
Robbie_G
New Member
 
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sacramento, CA

Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Bj, do you live in Lincoln? Me too
Robbie_G is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-29-2013, 03:19 PM   #273
buster84
Captain
 
Drives: 2009 335i E93 & 2007 X5 4.8
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sacramento

Posts: 652
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos916 View Post
Sup guys so the next meet will be Aug 7th.. !!
here is a pic from the last meet!
I see a chevy and audi in there although the audi mixes in well.
buster84 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-29-2013, 03:25 PM   #274
Airforcebj
New Member
 
Drives: 2010 328i Convertible
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Lincoln, CA

Posts: 28
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstorm View Post
Bj, do you live in Lincoln? Me too
PM sent.
__________________
2010 328i Convertible--Space Grey w/Black Dakota--iDrive, Sirius, iPod, Bluetooth--Sport Springs--Premium Package--35% Window Tint--Comfort Access--Heated Seats
Airforcebj is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2013, 11:43 AM   #275
carlos916
Semper Fi
 
carlos916's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 328i / 05 R6
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sac Town

Posts: 405
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [2.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by buster84 View Post
I see a chevy and audi in there although the audi mixes in well.
hahah well its a euro meet.. i wasnt able to get a shot but there was a crew of VWs as well and more bmws but yeah that chevy was in the way lol
__________________
carlos916 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2013, 07:01 PM   #276
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
 
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
um meet tomorrow? i didn't see any bumps.
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
VNeBLOB42 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2013, 07:05 PM   #277
carlos916
Semper Fi
 
carlos916's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 328i / 05 R6
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sac Town

Posts: 405
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [2.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
um meet tomorrow? i didn't see any bumps.
Ah crap yes meet tomorrow!!!
I wont be there im out of state wont be back till sat
carlos916 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-06-2013, 08:58 PM   #278
Robbie_G
New Member
 
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sacramento, CA

Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Errrr I'm working... Move it next Wednesday
Robbie_G is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2013, 12:21 AM   #279
buster84
Captain
 
Drives: 2009 335i E93 & 2007 X5 4.8
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sacramento

Posts: 652
iTrader: (1)

Dam! Seen this to late. Why no bumps today???
__________________
09 E93 335I AT | M-Sport Front bumper (replica) | M3 Side Skirts (replica) | M-Sport Rear Bumper (OEM) | Procede Rev 3 | OpenFlash With Custom Auto Flex Fuel 2.1 Flash | Vishnu Flex Sensor | VRSF 7" FMIC | BMS DCI | Walbro e85 pump + Walbro GLS392 inline running Full e85 | Beyern Mesh 18x8.5 (front) 18x9x5 (rear).
buster84 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2013, 08:42 AM   #280
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
 
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by buster84 View Post
Dam! Seen this to late. Why no bumps today???
Dude you got the walbro? How is it so far? And flex fuel kit? I am curious on how necessary that is.
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
VNeBLOB42 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2013, 12:10 PM   #281
buster84
Captain
 
Drives: 2009 335i E93 & 2007 X5 4.8
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sacramento

Posts: 652
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
Dude you got the walbro? How is it so far? And flex fuel kit? I am curious on how necessary that is.
We'll the Walbro is Necessary for running anything above e50. I've run full e85 and havn't seen any codes yet. I need to do some logging, but havn't got around to it since i just installed it all last weekend. The car pulls real good and i just installed Duel cone filters last night. I'm going to try and get a good log today and see what happens.

As for the flex fuel kit. Its a great little kit and does as advertised. The procede reads the amount of ethanol and adjusts timing to match it. You can run full e85 with just a flash tune, all you need to do is adjust the fuel scaler to match. Then if you do mixes you just keep adjusting the fuel scaler. Since the ecu compensates upto 34% you might be able to set the fuel scaler to e50 and get away with running a variety of mixes. The only issue would be adjusting for timing. If you want to increase timing you'd need to log, and do so accordingly. If i wasn't planning on getting the flex kit i would have just made an e50 tune with an adjusted fuel scaler, and timing for it. Then made sure i always pumped at least e50 in the car. I just noticed that your running a cobb e50 tune. Your probably already noticing good gains, but if you like the simplicity of it i'd get the flex kit. You could always sell your cobb, to help fund for your flex kit and procede if you wanted to go that route. With the new openflash you can flash it yourself, or you can get the BT cable and do the opensource program.

I got the flex fuel kit mostly because its a set it and forget it setup and I like how the timing is adjusted for me which makes it a worth buying kit if you like simplicity. My gf drives the car as well and i didn't want to make it hard for her to get gas.

So far from what ive seen, e50-e60 is where the power is at and anything after feels the same. I'm wondering if the hpfp (or even the lpfp) is near its limit so it cant really make any additional power with the increased ethonal %, but at a lower % you'll have more fuel flow. I'll find out once i get to logging. If it is the lpfp i may just toss in a walbro e85 on top of the current inline since my car is at 64k i probably have a tired stock pump lol.

I created a nice updated DIY on the walbro install if your trying to do it. It was pretty easy with the bundy connections.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=872811
__________________
09 E93 335I AT | M-Sport Front bumper (replica) | M3 Side Skirts (replica) | M-Sport Rear Bumper (OEM) | Procede Rev 3 | OpenFlash With Custom Auto Flex Fuel 2.1 Flash | Vishnu Flex Sensor | VRSF 7" FMIC | BMS DCI | Walbro e85 pump + Walbro GLS392 inline running Full e85 | Beyern Mesh 18x8.5 (front) 18x9x5 (rear).

Last edited by buster84; 08-08-2013 at 12:21 PM.
buster84 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2013, 12:37 PM   #282
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
 
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by buster84 View Post
We'll the Walbro is Necessary for running anything above e50. I've run full e85 and havn't seen any codes yet. I need to do some logging, but havn't got around to it since i just installed it all last weekend. The car pulls real good and i just installed Duel cone filters last night. I'm going to try and get a good log today and see what happens.

As for the flex fuel kit. Its a great little kit and does as advertised. The procede reads the amount of ethanol and adjusts timing to match it. You can run full e85 with just a flash tune, all you need to do is adjust the fuel scaler to match. Then if you do mixes you just keep adjusting the fuel scaler. Since the ecu compensates upto 34% you might be able to set the fuel scaler to e50 and get away with running a variety of mixes. The only issue would be adjusting for timing. If you want to increase timing you'd need to log, and do so accordingly. If i wasn't planning on getting the flex kit i would have just made an e50 tune with an adjusted fuel scaler, and timing for it. Then made sure i always pumped at least e50 in the car. I just noticed that your running a cobb e50 tune. Your probably already noticing good gains, but if you like the simplicity of it i'd get the flex kit. You could always sell your cobb, to help fund for your flex kit and procede if you wanted to go that route. With the new openflash you can flash it yourself, or you can get the BT cable and do the opensource program.

I got the flex fuel kit mostly because its a set it and forget it setup and I like how the timing is adjusted for me which makes it a worth buying kit if you like simplicity. My gf drives the car as well and i didn't want to make it hard for her to get gas.

So far from what ive seen, e50-e60 is where the power is at and anything after feels the same. I'm wondering if the hpfp (or even the lpfp) is near its limit so it cant really make any additional power with the increased ethonal %, but at a lower % you'll have more fuel flow. I'll find out once i get to logging. If it is the lpfp i may just toss in a walbro e85 on top of the current inline since my car is at 64k i probably have a tired stock pump lol.

I created a nice updated DIY on the walbro install if your trying to do it. It was pretty easy with the bundy connections.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=872811
yeah i am pretty satisfied with the COBB and will keep it. I am going to get a LPFP ethanol solution soon. Just holding out till a PnP is available. Rumor has it its soon.

Nice DIY, a little too much for me to do that. But i was curious how the Flex Fuel Kit works, well i understand the intent, but do you have a gauge on the readings of ethanol %'s? I would be really curious how consistent the E85 Pump is. My logs have been very consistent with E50. I log here and there and never had a problem. which leads me to believe i have consistent %'s.

I would like to see your logs w/ E85, LPFP PSI, Trims, etc.
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
VNeBLOB42 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #283
buster84
Captain
 
Drives: 2009 335i E93 & 2007 X5 4.8
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sacramento

Posts: 652
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
yeah i am pretty satisfied with the COBB and will keep it. I am going to get a LPFP ethanol solution soon. Just holding out till a PnP is available. Rumor has it its soon.

Nice DIY, a little too much for me to do that. But i was curious how the Flex Fuel Kit works, well i understand the intent, but do you have a gauge on the readings of ethanol %'s? I would be really curious how consistent the E85 Pump is. My logs have been very consistent with E50. I log here and there and never had a problem. which leads me to believe i have consistent %'s.

I would like to see your logs w/ E85, LPFP PSI, Trims, etc.
Thanks, the DIY was fairly simple. If you can do a simple DCI bolt on you can do the fuel pump. The hardest part would be soldering the wired but you can also use crimps.

I've heard there is a work of a drop in as well, but if its anything like our current bmw aftermarket prices it'll be marked up by 200%.

As for ethanol percent. It does seem to vary. I filled up on e85 with 1-2 gallons of gas in the tank and it read 60% ethanol. Then after driving to the bay and back i filled it up again on full ethanol when my gauge said 20miles left on the tank. Now its reading at 80%. I'd say its fairly accurate, but is probably a little lower than rated but not by much. I'd say the variance between each pump is probably minimal. I filled up the first time at the natomas shell, then the second time at the west sac shell on the way home from the bay.

If you want some help on the walbro fuel pump install just let me know. Its not that hard at all. I tried e50 (or at least i thought was e50) before adding the pump and my fuel pressure fell below 50 on the lpfp. Thats when i decided to upgrade. Depending on the mileage your car might be doing just fine, but with the increased demand on it, its possible that it'll wear down faster than normal and you'll want an upgraded pump or inline here soon.
__________________
09 E93 335I AT | M-Sport Front bumper (replica) | M3 Side Skirts (replica) | M-Sport Rear Bumper (OEM) | Procede Rev 3 | OpenFlash With Custom Auto Flex Fuel 2.1 Flash | Vishnu Flex Sensor | VRSF 7" FMIC | BMS DCI | Walbro e85 pump + Walbro GLS392 inline running Full e85 | Beyern Mesh 18x8.5 (front) 18x9x5 (rear).
buster84 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2013, 04:40 PM   #284
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
 
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by buster84 View Post
Thanks, the DIY was fairly simple. If you can do a simple DCI bolt on you can do the fuel pump. The hardest part would be soldering the wired but you can also use crimps.

I've heard there is a work of a drop in as well, but if its anything like our current bmw aftermarket prices it'll be marked up by 200%.

As for ethanol percent. It does seem to vary. I filled up on e85 with 1-2 gallons of gas in the tank and it read 60% ethanol. Then after driving to the bay and back i filled it up again on full ethanol when my gauge said 20miles left on the tank. Now its reading at 80%. I'd say its fairly accurate, but is probably a little lower than rated but not by much. I'd say the variance between each pump is probably minimal. I filled up the first time at the natomas shell, then the second time at the west sac shell on the way home from the bay.

If you want some help on the walbro fuel pump install just let me know. Its not that hard at all. I tried e50 (or at least i thought was e50) before adding the pump and my fuel pressure fell below 50 on the lpfp. Thats when i decided to upgrade. Depending on the mileage your car might be doing just fine, but with the increased demand on it, its possible that it'll wear down faster than normal and you'll want an upgraded pump or inline here soon.
Well i am starting to feel hesitation. When i am in 2nd Gear or 3rd and sometimes 4th, i hit WOT. Feel the car push but not pushing like it should, then all of a sudden, boom its full power.

not sure if that's due to LPFP not keeping up. I am trying to log it, but it doesn't happen all the time. Going to do SP soon to see if thats the cause.

Natomas Shell on Truxel is my main pump. Also Shell on Folsom and Power Inn. Propel Fuels FTW!

But yes, I may hit you up on the pump install. My LPFP has never dropped below 50 psi on a 3rd Gear pull. I want to test it out more on differnt driving styles to be sure. the lowest i got was 53 psi for a single line item. typically in low 60s.
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
VNeBLOB42 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2013, 06:15 PM   #285
buster84
Captain
 
Drives: 2009 335i E93 & 2007 X5 4.8
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sacramento

Posts: 652
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
Well i am starting to feel hesitation. When i am in 2nd Gear or 3rd and sometimes 4th, i hit WOT. Feel the car push but not pushing like it should, then all of a sudden, boom its full power.

not sure if that's due to LPFP not keeping up. I am trying to log it, but it doesn't happen all the time. Going to do SP soon to see if thats the cause.

Natomas Shell on Truxel is my main pump. Also Shell on Folsom and Power Inn. Propel Fuels FTW!

But yes, I may hit you up on the pump install. My LPFP has never dropped below 50 psi on a 3rd Gear pull. I want to test it out more on differnt driving styles to be sure. the lowest i got was 53 psi for a single line item. typically in low 60s.
Oh, what part of sac are you in? Natomas area as well?

hmmm surge of power, thats interesting. I'm not sure what that means. If it was the lpfp i would think that you'd have a surge of power at 2-5krpms then fall off after that, but the other way around. It sounds more like a tuning related issue if i was to take a guess, but im Not really sure. Maybe its something else like spark plug related, or ignition coil ect...

I'd do a log and catch that happening you should e-mail cobb, since its there device they might be able to shed some light on that mystery issue.

Does this surge still happen on just 91 or e30?
__________________
09 E93 335I AT | M-Sport Front bumper (replica) | M3 Side Skirts (replica) | M-Sport Rear Bumper (OEM) | Procede Rev 3 | OpenFlash With Custom Auto Flex Fuel 2.1 Flash | Vishnu Flex Sensor | VRSF 7" FMIC | BMS DCI | Walbro e85 pump + Walbro GLS392 inline running Full e85 | Beyern Mesh 18x8.5 (front) 18x9x5 (rear).
buster84 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2013, 06:07 AM   #286
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
 
VNeBLOB42's Avatar
 
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Folsom, Ca

Posts: 1,679
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
007 335i E92  [3.83]
Send a message via Skype™ to VNeBLOB42
Quote:
Originally Posted by buster84 View Post
Oh, what part of sac are you in? Natomas area as well?

hmmm surge of power, thats interesting. I'm not sure what that means. If it was the lpfp i would think that you'd have a surge of power at 2-5krpms then fall off after that, but the other way around. It sounds more like a tuning related issue if i was to take a guess, but im Not really sure. Maybe its something else like spark plug related, or ignition coil ect...

I'd do a log and catch that happening you should e-mail cobb, since its there device they might be able to shed some light on that mystery issue.

Does this surge still happen on just 91 or e30?
I only feel it with my pro tune. So it's either due to E50 or tune related. This is just recently. Don't feel it on OTS. But your right about LPFP, it would be the other way around. So definitely feels ignition/timing related. No codes.

I live in Rio Linda now, in escrow to move to Folsom by Sept.
__________________

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
VNeBLOB42 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:47 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST