E90Post
 


VIBE Motorsports
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > HPDE Track Setup Thread



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-18-2013, 08:33 AM   #89
mid-corner fun
Major
 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NE

Posts: 1,412
iTrader: (4)

Had a chance to run PFC08s for the first time this past weekend and I must say there was a significant performance decrease compared to the DTC70s (and PFC01s)

I went in with the understanding that was I was giving up some braking performance for longevity but it was way more than I had imagined (and planned for), resulting in much lower front straight speeds.

For anyone that has ran on NJMP Thunderbolt, I had to brake on the 5 marker with the PFC08s to achieve the same T1 entry speed that I can do by braking on the 3 marker with the DTC70s.
mid-corner fun is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2013, 09:40 PM   #90
CJ421
Brigadier General
 
CJ421's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PA

Posts: 3,261
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [4.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mid-corner fun View Post
Had a chance to run PFC08s for the first time this past weekend and I must say there was a significant performance decrease compared to the DTC70s (and PFC01s)

I went in with the understanding that was I was giving up some braking performance for longevity but it was way more than I had imagined (and planned for), resulting in much lower front straight speeds.

For anyone that has ran on NJMP Thunderbolt, I had to brake on the 5 marker with the PFC08s to achieve the same T1 entry speed that I can do by braking on the 3 marker with the DTC70s.
Insightful feedback on the PFC08. On Thunderbolt w/ PSS + PFC08, I do 120-130 down the front straight and brake at about 4. I'll have to give those DTC70's a try;how are they on the street and on rotors in general?
__________________
2011 BMW E92 335i, 6MT, Le Mans blue - Quaife LSD, JRZ RS Pro, JRZ camber plates, Eibach ERS, full M3 susp, custom toe arms, Powergrid end-links, SS brake lines, brake ducting, Michelin PSS, UUC SSK, ETS FMIC, ER CP, Perf. Exhaust, VAC RSIK, Sparcos; work by VAC Motorsports in Philadelphia
CJ421 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2013, 10:19 PM   #91
3002 tii
Major General
 
3002 tii's Avatar
 
Drives: flat out
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NNJ

Posts: 8,354
iTrader: (47)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mid-corner fun View Post
Had a chance to run PFC08s for the first time this past weekend and I must say there was a significant performance decrease compared to the DTC70s (and PFC01s)

I went in with the understanding that was I was giving up some braking performance for longevity but it was way more than I had imagined (and planned for), resulting in much lower front straight speeds.

For anyone that has ran on NJMP Thunderbolt, I had to brake on the 5 marker with the PFC08s to achieve the same T1 entry speed that I can do by braking on the 3 marker with the DTC70s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ421 View Post
Insightful feedback on the PFC08. On Thunderbolt w/ PSS + PFC08, I do 120-130 down the front straight and brake at about 4. I'll have to give those DTC70's a try;how are they on the street and on rotors in general?
That's disappointing. I just bought a new set of PFC-08's because they are phasing out the 06's. I used to brake right before the 3 marker with 06's lol.
__________________

Recaro | Volk | AST | Vorshlag | Quaife | Stoptech | Active Autowerke | BMW Performance

Click here for my track videos
3002 tii is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2013, 10:03 AM   #92
mid-corner fun
Major
 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NE

Posts: 1,412
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ421 View Post
Insightful feedback on the PFC08. On Thunderbolt w/ PSS + PFC08, I do 120-130 down the front straight and brake at about 4. I'll have to give those DTC70's a try;how are they on the street and on rotors in general?
the DTC70s eat rotors and are horrible at the street, wouldn't even bother. Great at the track though.

With DTC70s and NT01s I'm at ~145 indicated/~135+ GPS at the end of the straight, start braking at 3, turn-in speed of about 70. First full-speed lap with the PFC08s on Sunday I skidded straight out past T1, that was a good start
mid-corner fun is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2013, 10:09 AM   #93
mid-corner fun
Major
 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NE

Posts: 1,412
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC_OFF View Post
That's disappointing. I just bought a new set of PFC-08's because they are phasing out the 06's. I used to brake right before the 3 marker with 06's lol.
Don't get me wrong, the PFC08s are really good. They're just a step down from the DTC70s in stopping power, very noticeable when you've been running on the 70s for a year or 2.
mid-corner fun is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #94
jcmbird
Registered
 
Drives: 2010 335xi sedan
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: export, pa.usa

Posts: 3
iTrader: (0)

2010 335xi sedan.a couple ?'s I'm running hankook ventus slicks 245/40-18.on 8.5" wheels square with ground control camber plates about -2.25 camber 33lbs[lf], 32lbs [rf],29lbs rears. Stock springs and struts at mid ohio,beaverun, nelsons etc. I'm still chunking the fronts. 1] is my pressure ok? 2] Is lowering with new springs and shocks thinking koni single adjustable going to help? or swaybars 3] can I get 9" wide wheel under this setup? oh and I'm prob over driving the car, just trying to hang with the gt3's Thanks
jcmbird is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2013, 11:44 AM   #95
yomny
Second Lieutenant
 
yomny's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 335is 6spd
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Florida

Posts: 200
iTrader: (0)

Hello guys. I've done my share of HPDE events but never in a 3 series. I ran my e92 M3 a while back and it was a dream. I'm worried about the temps and the 3 series on the track. I own a '13 335IS and while they're supposed to be a bit better at dealing with temps, a few hard runs around my neighborhood gets my temps up to 260 quickly. What are the normal temps for track use, any advice. I'm starting stock, should i look into replacing brake fluid? Thanks
yomny is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-31-2013, 09:20 PM   #96
yomny
Second Lieutenant
 
yomny's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 335is 6spd
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Florida

Posts: 200
iTrader: (0)

should have seen the lac of activity in the past three months lol.
yomny is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-01-2013, 08:08 AM   #97
will.c
Lieutenant
 
will.c's Avatar
 
Drives: E46M
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Central Jersey

Posts: 580
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomny View Post
Hello guys. I've done my share of HPDE events but never in a 3 series. I ran my e92 M3 a while back and it was a dream. I'm worried about the temps and the 3 series on the track. I own a '13 335IS and while they're supposed to be a bit better at dealing with temps, a few hard runs around my neighborhood gets my temps up to 260 quickly. What are the normal temps for track use, any advice. I'm starting stock, should i look into replacing brake fluid? Thanks
With these cars, 240-260 is normal for track driving. Oil temps sometimes crept up to 280 on hot days, but didn't give me any limp modes, though there's gotta be some adverse effects for running overheated oil in terms of wear and tear. If your oil went up to 260 w/ only a few hard runs, chances are you'll go higher than that at the track. See what happens.

Brake fluid - I'd say if you're novice, then maybe no, but if you're past that level, then get DOT4 fluids minimum.
will.c is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-01-2013, 05:01 PM   #98
yomny
Second Lieutenant
 
yomny's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 335is 6spd
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Florida

Posts: 200
iTrader: (0)

Much appreciate your reply. I'm really interested in seeing how the car does after a few laps. I'll just upgrade the fluid so it doesn't boil. thanks for your advise.
yomny is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST